GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,570 comments
Finally tried tire change strategy in this week's Race C. At my skill level (30% A), absolutely not worth it! I am surprised but I could not even get any visible faster lap.

Edit: Adding more- these track cutting penalties or treading off track seem to affect SR significantly. I got worried enough that I did two Race A to recover to perfect S. Driving those Civics after the Group C monsters feel like I have been sent to a driving etiquette school to fix my bad behavior of flirting with track limits. :D

Last edited:
Sadly it took half the week for race B to click for me. I had probably 100 laps in and couldn't get lower than 1:30 then yesterday I leveled up or something and took over a half a second off my QT and feeling there is another .20 of time in there somewhere. Now i can maybe make up the DR i lost last week at thunderdome interlagos. Just so hard to string together 7 perfect turns on red bull.

I think it's time to say Hallo in this thread.

First of all, I would like to say thank you, because I have been following the chat for over three months and he has helped me a lot.
I am a bit older and have already played GT on the PS3 and 4, but never online. Since January 2024 I have also been using the online races (Daylies, Manufactures Cup, Time Trail, etc.). After which I had reached B/S, I wanted to hold it and created a second account for testing (in which I am now higher B than in the main account, both 40-60%). I use Fanatec GT DD Pro and VR2. I hope I can pass on something from my low experience and learn something from you experts.
So far I have only newmedia_dev in a race, spa he starts 2 and ended 6 and I from 12 to 7. So I see his bumper in this race. I will probably get closer to him.
keep on racing
JB
P.S.: For Texting I Must Use a Translator (Sry), Reading is Always O.K. (English in Shool a long time ago)

My last race of yesterday was such a spit show that I cannot enjoy racing at my favorite track without such troublemakers showing their hind quarters.
I want to do these races but I cannot enjoy them because I do not enjoy being bullied like this.
The video is all from one race just edited to show the bad parts.

Hilareous…
I see cars that are unable to hold a line and I wonder if it’s a controller issue or possibly an internet latency issue.
Your example above didn’t seem intentional as much as they just couldn’t hold a line. Also, when I first started (ya, way back 3 months ago 🤷🏻‍♂️) any distraction at all and I was all over the track. I’m talking about just shifting my eyes down to look at HUD data, not to mention the wife standing in front of me with her to-do list. Now, none of that distracts me except for the ever present to-do list.

outside is much easier and you can take the wide exit line which usually gives you better drive than the inside line.

(Not this week but similar line to the outside one)

Thanks!
I see lot of people defending on the inside, therefore the question.
Also I'm more able to adapt the brake from the regular line than from the inside (this is a general improvement area for me), resulting is slowing down way too much and not completing the pass, when attacking, even though I'm half car behind when start braking

outside is much easier and you can take the wide exit line which usually gives you better drive than the inside line.

(Not this week but similar line to the outside one)

One reason I like the inside line, especially on the first few turns, is that when you get hit (and where I’m racing, it’s not “if” it’s when) you usually get bounced into another car on your outside and may still be able to correct and complete the turn. When going to the outside, I usually get bounced off the track with a higher potential of a spin or penalty.

Last edited:
Against AI? You just decent lap times and better fuel management usually

The obvious answer is lower difficulty level. The less obvious answer but the one that pays dividends is to race humans. Build some muscle memory etc.

But if you must race the AI and each to their own, gold the circuit experience off the race/track and do it twice even 3 times and then the AI won't be a problem nor will tuning be.

This game isn't like previous games, tuning to overpower cars is a bit weird now. Some races are bop ....balanced cough and some aren't

I think you will get better help on places like the weekly challenge thread mate 👍
You are absolutely correct. I just need to practice more and race against real people. I also don't use any assist but as a beginner it might be best to. Thank you.

I find the AI in GT7 disappointing. Quicker than in GTS (where they were really slow!), but I found that their pace dropped off by seconds a lap when I used to set up custom races.

Are they really that quick in the Cup series? Can you not put them on the slowest/easiest setting?
I will need to do just that. Thank you.

I was doing some Q laps at Le Mans this morning, and got bored, so I decided to just screw around and see where you could break the rules and get away with it.

Firstly, I wanted to see if they fixed an old exploit that I remembered from GT Sport.
They haven't. :lol:
Basically, it allows you to bypass the final chicane before the start/finish line. There's a method I discovered that allows you to go full-throttle through there without a penalty. You could probably get about a .3-.4 advantage (Qualifying only. It wouldn't work in a race).
I didn't/wouldn't use it to set a lap time, and don't recommend it, so I won't explain how it works.

Also, somehow the game let me massively cut the Mulsanne corner. I drove right over the green bollards without a penalty. :confused:

I used to do this sort of thing all the time in GTS, just to find out what the developers overlooked. I haven't done it in GT7, because I figured that everything got fixed. A lot of it has, but apparently there are still some things they've missed. I'll have to look around some more.

Last edited:
One reason I like the inside line, especially on the first few turns, is that when you get hit (and where I’m racing, it’s not “if” it’s when) you usually get bounced into another car on your outside and may still be able to correct and complete the turn. When going to the outside, I usually get bounced off the track with a higher potential of a spin or penalty.
It's probably recent lobby experiences that make either the option for both of us.

I will say you usually don't get a penalty being hit wide there but it's really finicky about when it judges the contact and position on the track.

If I do get run/pushed/hit wide I take the sweeping line and use all the run off to keep momentum. If you are getting a .5 pen might as well get the better drive out of it.

It's a little trickier with the GR3 stuff as they are unstable at low speeds (rwd, limited aero, high torque etc) so it might be better on the inside but I always spin trying to accelerate from the tight line because of the camber change mid corner.

Edit:

There is a little trick I use that works for me when I start to hit a wall on time or consistency or just not "on it" for QT and that is Glen......tune in for part 2 next week....jokes

I take a faster car or a slower car on awful tires and spend 10 mins doing laps I don't care about the laptimes or the penalties just the laps.

What happens for me is I start to feel either the extra grip the GR3/4 cars have or the lack of it. It really helps me dial in my breaking (trail braking) and throttle control.

Just something that helps me a little time to time

Last edited:
Here's me attempting my fist lap this week at race A. :dunce:

brian regan what GIF

Last edited:
Nice you parked up for the cruise....
It can be tricky to switch combos.
This was 5 minutes after I did a 2 hour stint, driving a car with 780 horsepower, big downforce, and RM tires.

I also found out that the Le Mans time trial is much more difficult to do right after doing the C races/qualifying.
I think the next time I attempt that time trial, I'll make it the first thing I do in the morning. Every braking point is different.

Took my 1:31.742 QT with the Civic into Race A.

Race 1: Started P6. Only 10 cars? Lonely race in no man's land until the last lap, when the car in front grazed the wall in the tunnel and lost momentum on the uphill straight, gifting me P5 at the last second.

full

Race 2: Started P7. Another 10 car grid. Got shoved into another car on the opening lap, waited for them to recover, and finished P8 (last, after DNFs).

With barely enough time to do 1 lap before the race started, I dropped my QT down to a 1:31.194. No idea how... I wasn't even paying attention*.

Race 3: Started P5. A few more cars on the grid this time. Dropped a place early on and couldn't keep up, finishing a lonely P6.

Race 4: Started P5. Struggled for pace and fell back a few places, but made one up when the car ahead collected 1.0 seconds of penalties before the checkered flag. Finished P7.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

wait-what-huh.gif

I don't do quite as many daily races as some of you fine folks here, but finally, after my first two years of online racing (with a 10 month hiatus in between), I'm at 500 on my main account which looks like this:

IMG_4463.jpeg
IMG_4463.jpeg

The statistics mostly confirm what I think about my driving style and abilities:
Yes, I'm guilty of overqualifying. Way more pole positions than wins; I lose more positions in the races than I gain (this week's race A being the exception from the rule). I'm too inconsistent in the races compared to qualifying. Frustrating at times, but I blame it on my age 🤣. Regarding DR, where I stand right now seems to be my absolute ceiling, as long as there aren't any more races B or C with road cars. Gr4 is fine, in Gr3 I'm mediocre at best, Gr2 is too fast for me, and Gr1 and formula cars I won't even touch. I maxed out at around 70% DR A once, but couldn't keep up when I landed in splits with more than a handful A+ drivers.

But, most importantly, I still have lots of fun. And this very forum is a huge part of it.🍻

Some memories from the events I had the most fun and / or success in:

First daily race with multiple wins, up to DR B:

IMG_3186.jpeg

Best qualifying result so far (P45 on the final worldwide leaderboard):

IMG_3357.jpeg

First time reaching DR A:

IMG_3361.jpeg

Second time up to DR A, and further up to about 50% (my favourite event ever):

IMG_3441.jpeg

Thanks guys, now on to the next 500. Cheers.🥳

Last edited:
Ouch, well in one of my races I got drowsy on Lap 5 and ran into the wall three times and racked up 5 seconds worth of penalties. I was like WTF? It's a pain in the rear end when the zombie sleepies come on when I'm trying to do a daily race.
That happened to me during the nation's cup but I think all the alcohol was likely the culprit

I only drank alcohol twice, at age 12. My stupid stepdad convinced me to do it, the second time I refused and he spanked me and forced me to drank the beer. I spit it out it tasted like crap. Anyways back on-topic with the races. I left my dad at age 24, got fed up with his abuse, it's just me and my mom. My grandparents and aunts/cousins live in another county.

Maybe I just so tired from racing so much in Sport mode that it's starting to hit me.

Last edited:
I don't do quite as many daily races as some of you fine folks here, but finally, after my first two years of online racing (with a 10 month hiatus in between), I'm at 500 on my main account which looks like this:

View attachment 1364602View attachment 1364603

The statistics mostly confirm what I think about my driving style and abilities:
Yes, I'm guilty of overqualifying. Way more pole positions than wins; I lose more positions in the races than I gain (this week's race A being the exception from the rule). I'm too inconsistent in the races compared to qualifying. Frustrating at times, but I blame it on my age 🤣. Regarding DR, where I stand right now seems to be my absolute ceiling, as long as there aren't any more races B or C with road cars. Gr4 is fine, in Gr3 I'm mediocre at best, Gr2 is too fast for me, and Gr1 and formula cars I won't even touch. I maxed out at around 70% DR A once, but couldn't keep up when I landed in splits with more than a handful A+ drivers.

But, most importantly, I still have lots of fun. And this very forum is a huge part of it.🍻

Some memories from the events I had the most fun and / or success in:

First daily race with multiple wins, up to DR B:

View attachment 1364613

First time reaching DR A:

View attachment 1364615
Wow! I remember those two events really really well!

You may even find some fun replays in my Shared Items of those same races.

Can't believe we still haven't locked horns on the circuit, Leon.

Drank the beer, I spit it out it tasted like crap

This still happens to me now.

Last edited:
@Leon Kowalski yes, this awesome community is what spices and makes gt7 a fun place and experience. And I'll never leave, I'll continue to stay. I think my purpose here was to interact and socialize with people and to help them.

@GrumpyOldMan so what part of CA do you live, I visited San Diego three times. Once in 2001, 2006 and 2011. It is a beautiful city with lots of good scenery, plus all the restaurants you can visit.

@benjoi84 I'll never drink beer again, I don't care if someone dared me with a big money prize, I still wouldn't do it.

@smcqueen46 great win there mate, :)

I tend to measure my racing improvements on each weeks track in 2 ways:

Qualifying vs the entire GT world i.e. improving from top 20,000 to top 15,000. This usually tells me that my times definitely improve but potentially at a slower rate than the rest of the world.

Total race times (1st place + my time behind). This also really reflects the quality of the competition.
i.e. I had 6 races at Le Mans today, one of which was a win. The win was my 4th fastest race of the day. My fastest race was an 8th place start with a 9th place finish. Time of day has a lot do do with this also.

I’m obviously improving at every track but the ultimate goal is to improve faster than my competition. It becomes hard to quantify when you are bouncing between B, C & D lobbies.

Just a random thought on how to quantify improvements or stagnation.

Last edited:
I only drank alcohol twice, at age 12. My stupid stepdad convinced me to do it, the second time I refused and he spanked me and forced me to drank the beer. I spit it out it tasted like crap. Anyways back on-topic with the races. I left my dad at age 24, got fed up with his abuse, it's just me and my mom. My grandparents and aunts/cousins live in another county.

Maybe I just so tired from racing so much in Sport mode that it's starting to hit me.
Um... didn't mean to dig that up my man.

My first online experience with GT7's Red Bull Ring was pretty horrific, so I'll keep it brief, before I go hide under a rock for a while.

I did 6 Race Bs in the NSX Gr.4. My QT dropped from a 1:31.311 to a 1:31.128. Best start was three P11s (worst was two P14s). Best finish was one P10 (worst was one P15).

The people I was starting with in the back half of the grid seemed to have the same issues with rhythm and pace as me, so we'd keep getting in each other's way at the worst possible times. No worries, I just gotta git gud so I can start closer to the front.

WRQiZ1rkueNh0Dw1mQ.webp

I was doing some Q laps at Le Mans this morning, and got bored, so I decided to just screw around and see where you could break the rules and get away with it.

Firstly, I wanted to see if they fixed an old exploit that I remembered from GT Sport.
They haven't. :lol:
Basically, it allows you to bypass the final chicane before the start/finish line. There's a method I discovered that allows you to go full-throttle through there without a penalty. You could probably get about a .3-.4 advantage (Qualifying only. It wouldn't work in a race).
I didn't/wouldn't use it to set a lap time, and don't recommend it, so I won't explain how it works.

Also, somehow the game let me massively cut the Mulsanne corner. I drove right over the green bollards without a penalty. :confused:

I used to do this sort of thing all the time in GTS, just to find out what the developers overlooked. I haven't done it in GT7, because I figured that everything got fixed. A lot of it has, but apparently there are still some things they've missed. I'll have to look around some more.
This one still there? :lol:

Credit: @GOTMAXPOWER

Back