GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,739 comments
Was going to vent / rant about how the Race C has turned into scenes of attempted vehicular manslaughter but in light of latest race results for me I think I can let it slide for now...
View attachment 1364666
IMG_3605.jpeg

The wise sage have posted many times on this forum to “spend time qualifying”. It pays to listen. 👍

Two 7th place finishes yesterday at Le Mans. Gone from bottom DR B in the beginning of the week to middle DR B now so can't win anymore. There are A rated drivers in the lobby with 3.16 qualifying laps... Like, I'm 7 seconds slower per lap! Also the heavy fuel load in the beginning of the race with cold tyres and coriolis effect means that I often get shoved off the track at Dunlop. So I gave up yesterday and watched the Hyperpole instead. Impressive lap by Kevin Estre in the Porsche.

Wow! I remember those two events really really well!

You may even find some fun replays in my Shared Items of those same races.

Can't believe we still haven't locked horns on the circuit, Leon.
I think, if I remember correctly, that we've met in a race, but only once or twice and quite some time ago. But clearly not often enough. Same goes for most of the forum guys here. I hope that will change if I manage to do more races from now on.🍻

Great, we're gonna be dealing with L.S. next week. Durn PD, you keep repeating tracks for the B slot.

Cool, the C races will be on a rally track, I will participate in that. Who's with me? I think this is the third time I've seen Colorado Springs in the daily race section. Unless I'm somehow wrong on that hypothesis.

My first online experience with GT7's Red Bull Ring was pretty horrific, so I'll keep it brief, before I go hide under a rock for a while.

I did 6 Race Bs in the NSX Gr.4. My QT dropped from a 1:31.311 to a 1:31.128. Best start was three P11s (worst was two P14s). Best finish was one P10 (worst was one P15).

The people I was starting with in the back half of the grid seemed to have the same issues with rhythm and pace as me, so we'd keep getting in each other's way at the worst possible times. No worries, I just gotta git gud so I can start closer to the front.

WRQiZ1rkueNh0Dw1mQ.webp
I had the same experience, I gave up on Monday and moved on to the C race at Le Mans.
It seems there is usually something for everybody during the week with the three races, I’ve read an equal number of posts that loved RBR but it just didn’t work for me, it was nice to find a fun alternate race.

View attachment 1364757
View attachment 1364759

Guesses
A: road car
B: Gr4
C: sports hards throw me possibly pre tuned road cars? Edit: MX5 Racecars?

Edit:

Omega (YT'er) predictions

A: Gr. B
B: Gr. 3
C: Radical or similar
Awesome, Laguna Seca is my home track, my avatar is at turn 5 sitting in the bed of my truck with a Foster’s and a cigar with a car heading up the hill

I've given up trying to improve on B...

In my most recent race, starting 14th, taking .4 off my qualifying time would have had me..... 13th!! 🤣

Race pace in the RCZ has me neither gaining or losing in a clean race, but still picking up a few top 10's where those ahead take each other off.

I do wish they'd slacken up the limits at RBR a bit - I'll swear I go further off sometimes and don't get a penalty.

Make T1 like this again..

Last edited:
I've given up trying to improve on B...

In my most recent race, starting 14th, taking .4 off my qualifying time would have had me..... 13th!! 🤣

Race pace in the RCZ has me neither gaining or losing in a clean race, but still picking up a few top 10's where those ahead take each other off.

I do wish they'd slacken up the limits at RBR a bit - I'll swear I go further off sometimes and don't get a penalty.

Make T1 like this again..

At the very least the game should recognize if you're close to someone else, or even worse, get pushed off by someone else, and not give out pens. Nothing like getting pushed wide, or go wide on purpose to avoid an accident, and getting a pen adding insult to injury.

At the very least the game should recognize if you're close to someone else, or even worse, get pushed off by someone else, and not give out pens. Nothing like getting pushed wide, or go wide on purpose to avoid an accident, and getting a pen adding insult to injury.

Had exactly that at T1, a small tap from behind which put me over, made me slower - and then gives a penalty too 😕

I even tried going over the lines and deliberately making myself slower and I still managed to total up 2.5 seconds of penalties in one lap.

It's Colorado Springs for Race A next week 100%, GTSH-Rank just have the wrong track map for it.

I'm a little sad that every time they try something new and fresh for Race C it always seems to be at Autopolis, the racetrack nobody likes.

Finally tried tire change strategy in this week's Race C. At my skill level (30% A), absolutely not worth it! I am surprised but I could not even get any visible faster lap.

Edit: Adding more- these track cutting penalties or treading off track seem to affect SR significantly. I got worried enough that I did two Race A to recover to perfect S. Driving those Civics after the Group C monsters feel like I have been sent to a driving etiquette school to fix my bad behavior of flirting with track limits. :D
I’ve been changing tires because it only adds ~5 seconds. 2 races that I didn’t change tires were because my gap to the trailing car was less. The first one I spun and the second one I limped in because I didn’t trust the tires. I think that I agree with you, I don’t know that they were any slower but I drove them differently.

Last edited:
Back