GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,657 comments
Race A is really good, lots of clean and close racing with mixed B/A/A+, saw at least 3 GTP'ers including Mr Batty. Was starting from the back and finished on the podium a couple of times. 6 laps is perfect length too.

View attachment 1364123
Roy Batty is my second account. Now I'm no longer incognito...😆

So we did meet in the races and I didn't recognize you? Shame on me.😇

Yeah, you know you're right. If people would take the time to get a feel of the track and learn it's shape and corners then it wouldn't be so bad, plus I think there is plenty of room for a 20-player race. Which car are you in the picture, I'm guessing the Esso one because I see it in each car scene.

How many total wins do you have overall?
Yes, in the tiger striped Hyundai.

Total wins is a bit of a mixed bag because I have multiple accounts. But from the two I really try on:

#1 (US):

1718193787282.png

#3 (EMEA - Didn't really intend to be a 'try-hard' account but eventually decided I wanted to push for A+ (which I did in 92 races :D ) so it kinda became one):

1718193868232.png

I'm quite surprised how much my DR has increased in around 8 B races this week. Gone from very low A, to A and 30% just getting 5th to 8th place finishes. I've been in with a few A+ chaps who have had bad races so that has likely helped.

The pole guy in my most recent races was at 1:28.1 😮

I'm still sticking with the RCZ and TC1 as I can be more consistent with it.
Edit/ I watched a few of the leaders races (mostly Lancer) and they were doing that early downshift thing, which sounds terrible but I guess it slows you more? Then going 1st to 3rd and sometimes 4th very quickly on the exits.

Last edited:
I wonder what's making me so tired. I took another 5 hour nap, I need to take it easy at RBR and Grand Valley. Idk if I'm gonna take a stab at Le Mans or not. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend and see what it's like, I don't want to miss the Group 1 opportunity.

I had a great C race going last night and lost it on the last lap, the tires went away. I had no indication of tire issues (…other than the big red wear indicators 😵‍💫🤷🏻‍♂️). It’s not like they were unmanageable or that I would change them next time although, in the grand scheme, I don’t think an extra 5 seconds is a big deal on this track. I have so many other places where I can gain time back…like on every one of the 38 turns.

I had a great C race going last night and lost it on the last lap, the tires went away. I had no indication of tire issues (…other than the big red wear indicators 😵‍💫🤷🏻‍♂️). It’s not like they were unmanageable or that I would change them next time although, in the grand scheme, I don’t think an extra 5 seconds is a big deal on this track. I have so many other places where I can gain time back…like on every one of the 38 turns.
Maybe this was discussed or confirmed before, but I think that car damage makes the tyre wear to drain faster.
I missed my braking point before indianapolis and murdered some one really bad.

I wait for him to recover and started again once he passed me with a deserved 4 secs pen. (I also apllogized to him after race)
As a result of the collision I had damages on front bumper and both front tyres

I reckon that during the autorepair process the tyre wear were draining faster than usual.
Maybe someone can confirm this?

Last edited:
Yes, do it, absolutely. I had loads of fun today. Eight or nine races on different accounts, some without QT from the back, squeezing through the chaos, some with a decent QT from pole or P2, fighting for the lead. Two wins, several podiums, SR never in danger of going down, met @arkeys_YT in a race, and had some friendly chats. All in all a great racing day. I'll stay with race A this week.

Same here - I did 4 races, pole in all of them, and finished 12, 10, 3, and a very rare 1. Super fun, seeing 2 other cars sliding down the valley at 200 kmph in front of you while trying to keep it together yourself is a rush!

I feel embarrassed. I got the pole time at Grand Valley during my 2nd race. I got drowsy on Lap 3 and all chaos erupted. I ran into someone and hit the wall 5 times leading to a whopping 7.5 second penalty. Laps 4-6 were okay but I was a lap behind and finished dead last. I did not record the race, however I recorded my 1st one which was decent.
Happens to me all the time - Q 1-5, finish last!
Race A is really good, lots of clean and close racing with mixed B/A/A+, saw at least 3 GTP'ers including Mr Batty. Was starting from the back and finished on the podium a couple of times. 6 laps is perfect length too.
Agree, 6 laps is just what I can manage, and in this car, it's like 8 laps in a GR3.

Down to a 3.22,9 now for quali at Le Mans. Think I'll be happy with that. Two good races today and one not so great where I was sent to the graveyard. Managed to get back to ninth from 16 though in that one.

But what I wanted to write is that I'm watching the Ferrrari 51 onboard in qualification right now at Le Mans and it's ridiculous how it looks exactly the same in GT7 and irl. Every single kerb and bollard. And even the orange dressed marshalls. And also noticed how similar their line is as what I'm doing. The onboard is on Ferrari YouTube for anyone interested.

I'm working from home tomorrow I'm gonna try one last time to bring home one of the failed 28.9 attempts home and call it quits.

There is just something about this track that makes bringing it all together in one lap super difficult.

My current nemesis is the infield Essesses I can't for the life of me find a decent coast speed vs exit speed. Usually when I get it right it's 3/10ths just there but that typically means I bollocks T1(3) and T2(5) and vice versa. Nail those two and get a track limit on the final corner either over cutting the inside curb or running wide arrrrrgggghhhhhhh

I've got 2 daily race questions.

-Should it be assumed that if someone rear-ends you hard enough to damage the rear of your car, that they will have front damage on their car?
-Is it worth it to change tires at the Le Mans race? I just tried my first C race there, and I was having a hard time accelerating away from the slow corners (I can't ease into the throttle. I use X button and A/T).

Should it be assumed that if someone rear-ends you hard enough to damage the rear of your car, that they will have front damage on their car?
Yes, if you get rear damage from the single contact from a car they should get front damage.

As far as I know and have experienced Anecdotally they have the same damage tolerance.
Is it worth it to change tires at the Le Mans race? I just tried my first C race there, and I was having a hard time accelerating away from the slow corners (I can't ease into the throttle. I use X button and A/T)
No idea, but looking at SuperGTs I'd imagine it would be a good idea to change rather than wrestle the car round

-Is it worth it to change tires at the Le Mans race? I just tried my first C race there, and I was having a hard time accelerating away from the slow corners (I can't ease into the throttle. I use X button and A/T).
Absolutely. No tire change vs tire change strategies are so closely tied that I can't tell which is more advantageous in my A/A+ lobbies.

I'm considering changing tires myself after consistently losing gap to the leaders in the last two laps (some of them change tires, some don't, again with no obvious advantage for either strategy). I also expect an advantage to changing tires that I will get placed behind close rivals so I get some free slipstream. Curious to see what you will observe.

Last edited:

-Should it be assumed that if someone rear-ends you hard enough to damage the rear of your car, that they will have front damage on their car?

I've seen cases where that didn't happen. IIRC it happened to someone on GTWS race at Gardens a few months ago (I want to say Kie but I'm not sure). But I would assume that in most cases, yes.

Looks like there will be a bit to grind through before we can get into Daillies, it will be interesting to see how that plays out and affects online numbers in the first week or so.

I haven't read too much review wise I don't want to spoil as much as possible but I'm hoping for more races available per week than just the current 3 with some emphasis on race styles rather than just a slow car / Gr 3 / Gr 4 selection and yes I'm definitely curious to see how they will handle tuning and parts because I do intend to create some wacky monstrosities (or as wild as allowed anyway) and I would like to enter them into the official races if possible!
I need some advice on how to create GR3/4 cars that can be competitive against AI in Cup series races. I am new and have yet to even race against real players I am still learning but every time I go up against AI in the cup series worth like 200K I am not fast enough to even keep up. Is my tuning off or do I need to fenagle the gears and etc? any advice will be appreciated. I ask you because I see you on here a lot and figured you must be an experienced veteran.

Twice at le mans this week, I have jumped someone by not changing. One time I maintained that ~3 seconds through the end of race. The other, not so much (he was setting fastest laps. I let him by.).

But I'm enjoying a new wheel; if I were on the controller, I would likely change. And you weirdos with the button throttles... I have no words

Edit: Did you set your QT like that? I checked myself and I was 0.001 behind your time and that was around ~1100 at the time. Mind boggling if you did that with buttons!!!
:)

Last edited:
I need some advice on how to create GR3/4 cars that can be competitive against AI in Cup series races. I am new and have yet to even race against real players I am still learning but every time I go up against AI in the cup series worth like 200K I am not fast enough to even keep up. Is my tuning off or do I need to fenagle the gears and etc? any advice will be appreciated. I ask you because I see you on here a lot and figured you must be an experienced veteran.
Against AI? You just decent lap times and better fuel management usually

The obvious answer is lower difficulty level. The less obvious answer but the one that pays dividends is to race humans. Build some muscle memory etc.

But if you must race the AI and each to their own, gold the circuit experience off the race/track and do it twice even 3 times and then the AI won't be a problem nor will tuning be.

This game isn't like previous games, tuning to overpower cars is a bit weird now. Some races are bop ....balanced cough and some aren't

I think you will get better help on places like the weekly challenge thread mate 👍

My last race of yesterday was such a spit show that I cannot enjoy racing at my favorite track without such troublemakers showing their hind quarters.
I want to do these races but I cannot enjoy them because I do not enjoy being bullied like this.
The video is all from one race just edited to show the bad parts.

Edit: Did you set your QT like that? I checked myself and I was 0.001 behind your time and that was around ~1100 at the time. Mind boggling if you did that with buttons!!!
Yeah, I set that time on Monday morning to get an idea of where I was at.
After doing a few races today, I got some stuff figured out, and dropped down to 3:20.7 on my TPC_Vigilante account. :)

Here's how I handle my business when having a good showing, and running in 5th at the halfway point. :lol:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Three mildly interesting races for me in a row-
1. My first podium at DR-A after the guy in front of me finally buckled under pressure just after overtaking me and spun on the Indianapolis corner exit.
BT84TZK.jpg

2. Another engine-damaging hit to me. My car felt like it kept dragging on forever, from halfway the brake point to here! I had to crawl on the straight with engine the damage. And yet, finished in a position where I gained DR!
YxLeLwH.jpg

3. I almost rear-ended @sturk0167 here. The whole first lap was crazy.
7Btwv7e.jpg

We all crowded everywhere like a pack of Gr4 cars. I had to bail out by pitting on lap 1, and thus I could not test whether changing tires is faster for me. Every race, some drama makes sure that I don't get to pit on lap 3 and change tires. After all the pit stops, I came out just behind sturk and another guy, which disappointed me a bit because I was tired at this point. I was not hitting brake markers well and I was scoring a track cutting penalty every 1.5 laps, enough to lower my SR a bit, else it would have been fun to come out ahead of sturk and to claim that I beat an A+ GTP member! At least I am happy to already claim that I have beaten many A+ guys (non-GTP) and across many races this week now.

Last edited:
I find the AI in GT7 disappointing. Quicker than in GTS (where they were really slow!), but I found that their pace dropped off by seconds a lap when I used to set up custom races.

Are they really that quick in the Cup series? Can you not put them on the slowest/easiest setting?

Well I did better yesterday, I reduced my time to a 1'31.845. Is there something wrong with the servers, because I did 3 races at RBR yesterday morning and when i got on Lap 4-5 on each one, the connection cut off and the race was terminated. This will probably hurt my DR/SR. The Civic races are fine so I guess I'll have to mainly stick with the A races, maybe try my hand at the C races this weekend. I gotta do something to increase my DR and SR.

@sturk0167 what tires should I use for the C races, I'm gonna take a stab at them Saturday or Sunday.

@Sum1s2pid , great job on your time, I'm using the Porsche RSR, I wonder if I should switch to another car.

I'm using Glen's advice on using the full width of the track, my left tires touched the green part of the curbs which did not give me a penalty, so now I know what my track limit is.

Well I did better yesterday, I reduced my time to a 1'31.845. Is there something wrong with the servers, because I did 3 races at RBR yesterday morning and when i got on Lap 4-5 on each one, the connection cut off and the race was terminated. This will probably hurt my DR/SR. The Civic races are fine so I guess I'll have to mainly stick with the A races, maybe try my hand at the C races this weekend. I gotta do something to increase my DR and SR.

@sturk0167 what tires should I use for the C races, I'm gonna take a stab at them Saturday or Sunday.

@Sum1s2pid , great job on your time, I'm using the Porsche RSR, I wonder if I should switch to another car.

I'm using Glen's advice on using the full width of the track, my left tires touched the green part of the curbs which did not give me a penalty, so now I know what my track limit is.

That’s a cracking time mate are you still on controller?

I’m in it only for the racing this week but have to say it’s boring at the back 🤣

Yeah I'm still using my controllers, I always have been with all my Playstation consoles beginning with my first ever one in 1998. I only used a wheel one time in 2002-2004, I didn't find it comfortable so I sold it to one of my friends in 2005 for $200.

Back