GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,640 comments
One guy did keep trying to take me out in one race yesterday, but he kept missing me! He was obviously fast, as he caught me up every lap - if he'd just concentrated on passing, instead of trying to ram me, he would have finished a long way in front of me 😆

Managed to drop the QT to 1.32.000 today, gave me P1 or P2 on the grid for each of four races - finished P1, P1, P3, P2. Now almost back to S SR.
When you go a lap down, you become a ghost. This eliminates the ability of a bad, malicious driver to go a lap down and lie-in-wait to inflict damage.
I love those angry drivers, they usually take out 3 or 4 drivers ahead of me (including themselves) that I’d never be able to pass. Let them do the heavy lifting for you.

I wonder what tricks the aliens are using to clock those 1'26.000 and 1'27.000 times. I know the MT option but they probably trail brake a lot too which gives them a huge advantage of getting a fast time.

To all my friends: I'm not referring to you guys, I mean the dirty A/B drivers that don't care about anyone else on the track. They shove, push, ram and bump others without apologizing. Cruel and mean.

@Seth_Logan I would assume it would not be okay to leave the race, but tbh I don't really know.

Last edited:
Quick question: can you leave the race without a penalty when in the lobby, before race start? I wonder what would happen if PD allowed us to do so. The SR B and lower crowd would have a hard time finding matches (and thus improve on their attitude).
No, you'll show as DNF and DR/SR updates when the race finishes.

@Leon Kowalski @Vule @TechnoIsLove

Current progress.

1:27.8 is doable on one of my accounts 🤣

IMG_0530.jpeg

Edit:
Finally!!!

IMG_0532.jpeg

Last edited:
When you go a lap down, you become a ghost. This eliminates the ability of a bad, malicious driver to go a lap down and lie-in-wait to inflict damage.
I love those angry drivers, they usually take out 3 or 4 drivers ahead of me (including themselves) that I’d never be able to pass. Let them do the heavy lifting for you.
Haven't seen anybody go a lap down yet, but there's some ghosting throughout this race, without the need to be a lap down. It's a bit random and impossible to guess when it might happen. Unghosting happens quite quickly too, resulting, I suspect, in some unexpected ramming!

Well congrats on the superb time everyone, I'll do my best, but my goal is to get in the 1'29.000's somewhere on the board. So, wish me the best of luck. I gotta nail that U-turn though to save me a little bit of time.

@sturk0167 yes I did do 3-4 QT laps the other day there and that was it, you think I should go back?

Well congrats on the superb time everyone, I'll do my best, but my goal is to get in the 1'29.000's somewhere on the board. So, wish me the best of luck. I gotta nail that U-turn though to save me a little bit of time.

@sturk0167 yes I did do 3-4 QT laps the other day there and that was it, you think I should go back?
Well, I qualified around 9,000 at LS, and 1,600 at Autopolis. Auto trans, controller. At least for me it's easier.

View attachment 1366183

Moved up into A+. Now scared to lose it!

Daily Race C bringing in the goodness today.
Wow, nice, you've acquired almost a billion credits, I'm at almost 500M. I sold over 1,100 cars earlier in a 6-7 month period. Lol, I'm stuck at the bottom of the D rank. Congrats though on your A level, however I'll probably get to a B/C level for now, I think the A drivers are more chaotic when it comes to winning.

The issue with the races are that you have to be consistent and finish anywhere from 1-6th, anywhere under that and a majority of people take your DR away that you earned in previous races. For example my bar was 75% full and after I finished four races at 7-10th place, and after that my bar dropped to almost nothing. So now I'm back at square one, :(

Last edited:
Wow, nice, you've acquired almost a billion credits, I'm at almost 500M. I sold over 1,100 cars earlier in a 6-7 month period. Lol, I'm stuck at the bottom of the D rank. Congrats though on your A level, however I'll probably get to a B/C level for now, I think the A drivers are more chaotic when it comes to winning.
The A drivers aren't Moore chaotic just the racing and margins are a lot closer.

There is a certain mindset you need to have in the higher ranks and also pace, not just pace but how you go fast in each corner.

Moving from B lobbies to the A lobbies is a big step getting to A+ is even larger. But that's a mindset thing

Last edited:
I wonder what tricks the aliens are using to clock those 1'26.000 and 1'27.000 times. I know the MT option but they probably trail brake a lot too which gives them a huge advantage of getting a fast time.

To all my friends: I'm not referring to you guys, I mean the dirty A/B drivers that don't care about anyone else on the track. They shove, push, ram and bump others without apologizing. Cruel and mean.

@Seth_Logan I would assume it would not be okay to leave the race, but tbh I don't really know.
I'm on a 1.26.9, I wouldn't call myself an alien!

But yea Laguna needs a huge amount of trailbraking, +5 rear on the brake bias in Genesis. Also alot of practise needed!

I'm on a 1.26.9, I wouldn't call myself an alien!

But yea Laguna needs a huge amount of trailbraking, +5 rear on the brake bias in Genesis. Also alot of practise needed!
I've followed you and Henscei most of this week and I'd definitely say 👽's with those times!

But to be honest the way you top times just brake a fraction smoother and accelerate better really is the difference, I'm ignoring lines because I can't be consistent enough on hitting them.

Which cam do you use out of curiosity?

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I've followed you and Henscei most of this week and I'd definitely say 👽's with those times!

But to be honest the way you top times just brake a fraction smoother and accelerate better really is the difference, I'm ignoring lines because I can't be consistent enough on hitting them.

Which cam do you use out of curiosity?

Edit: spelling
Front bumper cam, on some tracks with weird elevation id switch to bonnet, like road Atlanta for example so you can see the Apex in the first sector

Last edited:
Front bumper cam, on some tracks with weird elevation id switch to bonnet, like road Atlanta for example so you can see the Apex in the first sector
Hey man, you must be new, I need desperate guidance and advice for the harder tracks, LS isn't a breeze using a pad/controller. I do not own a wheel yet. What's your PSN-id? I normally use the back bumper and chase cam. Which one do you recommend I use?

No, you'll show as DNF and DR/SR updates when the race finishes.

@Leon Kowalski @Vule @TechnoIsLove

Current progress.

1:27.8 is doable on one of my accounts 🤣

View attachment 1366173

Edit:
Finally!!!

View attachment 1366174
Man at this point I don't know who you are anymore!

Are you Glen? Not Glen? Glen's distant cousin? Glen closet crush?! You've got more personalities than him:

1718831496273.png

😂 😂

Just pick a persona, stick with it and whoever you choose, always remember that either one can still kiss my butt 😂🤪😍

Man at this point I don't know who you are anymore!

Are you Glen? Not Glen? Glen's distant cousin? Glen closet crush?! You've got more personalities than him:

View attachment 1366204

😂 😂

Just pick a persona, stick with it and whoever you choose, always remember that either one can still kiss my butt 😂🤪😍
I just listen to the voices, strange though nobody else hears them 🤷‍♂️

Back