GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,641 comments
I actually did a B race on my alt account even though I wasn’t particularly feeling it. Used the Scirocco in a field of mostly G70s with just a few exceptions.

I didn’t have a great QT in this high B account and started 13th. Thankfully the fighting between all the G70s in front of me, had some casualties and that allowed me to finish 9th. Still got point gain 😁

The Scirocco drives well with a full tank of gas, but I still had trouble keeping up with the Metas.

Last edited:
Laguna Seca is a hard track.
🤬! (That's my agreeing with you.) I used to do reasonably well here, but I can't even consistently get through the track without sanding my ass. I really wanted to race this week, and I'll keep trying, but dagnabit, I'm more frustrated than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest! (Apologies to any one-legged people out there, although I would think you of all people would understand!)
I just listen to the voices, strange though nobody else hears them 🤷‍♂️
I hear them! It's why I have so much trouble understanding people when they talk to me - it's hard to hear them over the voices in my head. At least I'm never lonely.

1718836292249.png

To calm down yesterday's enthusiasm about race C, I took the time to do two of them on my main account, where I'm rated around middle DR A. My QT was not too bad (that's what I thought, fool that I am), 2:09.2, P 475 globally at the time, so I hoped for a good position on the grid. Well, I was on P13 🫣. Seven A+ drivers in the race, among them a famous youtuber from Croatia (whom I saw briefly at the start and then never again). Boy, it was tough. I'm not made for that style of racing. Everyone diving into the smallest gap, actually too fast to get the corner without leaning, using me (or other cars) as their brake or guardrail. Seems to be the accepted driving style in these ranks. I don't like it. Finished P13.
Next race, again with some Youtubers in it (Grove Street), I'm P9 on the starting grid. Felt acclimated a bit better, but again, just when I thought I had settled in, closing up to the battle for P6, I got shoved aside encore une fois, fell back and finished in the same position as I had started, again.
One thing I have learned: it doesn't help to be kind in these lobbies. But I am kind, so maybe I'll have to tank my DR a bit to get into friendlier lobbies...🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol, what are those. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Well I gotta go, I'm going to the store and mall tomorrow so I need to go to bed early. I might have some more time to chat tonight, we'll see.
It's related to a scene in the 1982 movie - "The Thing" 👽

🤬! (That's my agreeing with you.) I used to do reasonably well here, but I can't even consistently get through the track without sanding my ass. I really wanted to race this week, and I'll keep trying, but dagnabit, I'm more frustrated than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest! (Apologies to any one-legged people out there, although I would think you of all people would understand!)

I hear them! It's why I have so much trouble understanding people when they talk to me - it's hard to hear them over the voices in my head. At least I'm never lonely.

View attachment 1366220
Well, one thing that doesn’t help much is driving the underpowered Gr.4 Edsels that are available. Some of those hills I feel like I need to get out and help push it up. Going from Le Mans last week to Laguna Seca in a Gr.4 is a tough transition. There aren’t many places to pass so it invites some pretty bad driving. Most of my passes are courtesy of angry drivers clearing the way for me.

I'm just not that good at anything anymore. My DR keeps dropping and then I have to do even more races to get to higher rank levels. I'm just puzzled how the aliens get those 1'26.000 times at Laguna.

So is Race C just completely dead this week?

It feels like they should just abandon road cars in races B or C, as much as I wish it wasn't they just seem completely rejected by the playerbase every time they try.

It feels like they should just abandon road cars in races B or C, as much as I wish it wasn't they just seem completely rejected by the playerbase every time they try.
The tuned road cars was very much loved although they still struggled to balance more than 2 of them.

I think if the races using road cars was pitched more like the grass roots racing leagues (Clio Cup, GT86 cup) etc so it's more like the starter racing/support races on TV people might gel better with that concept 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1366220

I’ve a strange one to add to this, Gr3 I am not competitive at all at LS and won’t even attempt this but in gr4 I can hold my own reasonably well - not sure if anyone else has the same thing.

I lean more towards gr4, even prefer this than Gr3

Moved up into A+.
Amazing! For mortals like me, you're now an 👽. Even before your rise to A+, whenever I strolled through the time trial thread here, I have always noticed how crazy fast times you set, basically A+ times.

You went up so high in DR that you had the honor of being rear-ended by Mistah MCA!

Here's wishing you getting strong enough in other categories soon so that you consistently maintain A+ regardless of the car being used. :D

Amazing! For mortals like me, you're now an 👽. Even before your rise to A+, whenever I strolled through the time trial thread here, I have always noticed how crazy fast times you set, basically A+ times.

You went up so high in DR that you had the honor of being rear-ended by Mistah MCA!

Here's wishing you getting strong enough in other categories soon so that you consistently maintain A+ regardless of the car being used. :D

Thank for sharing that! I remember that race. The person in first place was doing purposeful donuts at the beginning of previous races (starting on pole) and then coming back to win the race. These people are the reason why I don't believe I have the pace to stay A+. They can still literally run circles around me and win.

I'm a human in alien's clothing at best.

I’ve a strange one to add to this, Gr3 I am not competitive at all at LS and won’t even attempt this but in gr4 I can hold my own reasonably well - not sure if anyone else has the same thing.

I lean more towards gr4, even prefer this than Gr3
Well, at least in Gr.3 we had several competitive cars last time in LS.
Now with Gr.4 is almost a one make race

The G70 is an awful car to drive without tunning allowed. I Hate it
Im trying my best with the Alfa 155 but its not enough.

It has better acceleration but lacks in top speed so the uphill before the corkscrew turns into a drag race almost every lap.

Sport mode this week is over for me.
For those who are racing, have fun.

Last edited:
The tuned road cars was very much loved although they still struggled to balance more than 2 of them.

I think if the races using road cars was pitched more like the grass roots racing leagues (Clio Cup, GT86 cup) etc so it's more like the starter racing/support races on TV people might gel better with that concept 🤷‍♂️
I think race C could be fixed by.

Running the same rules the IRL GR86 Cup, and making it 2 laps longer.

IE a Gr86 cup car is basically stock motor + exhaust, the equivalent of racing M tires(but much better wear than in game sports soft), has signifacnt aero , some weight reduction(2650lb) , upgraded brakes, clutch,flywheel in the series outside of USA(usa is paddle shifted) and has fully alignment changeable suspension.

As far as I know Teams are allowed to change alignment, bounds/rebound, spring rate, ride height brake balance, TCS, ABS setting and aero. Gearing and diff are fixed.

making it a standard class and always allowing the IRL set up in Gt7 could be step into iracing territory

on Daily B.

I would rather have tuning on, but IMO the G70 drives quite nice with no setup. I think I prefer it to the other Gr4 4wd sedans at this point in time.

Last edited:
As I've only come back to sport mode the last 3 weeks is 4WD the new group 4 meta?. The G70 looks like the new Mazda 3 which was meta in Gr4 last time I dipped my toes in.

As I've only come back to sport mode the last 3 weeks is 4WD the new group 4 meta?. The G70 looks like the new Mazda 3 which was meta in Gr4 last time I dipped my toes in.
Yes and no I think where the G70 is strong is it's easy to drive, 4WD slightly understeer-y no weird shifting patterns.

There are faster cars but for most people extracting the pace AND consistency is challenging.

Does anybody know why the top 100 leaderboard at race C has 92 Toyotas, and only 8 Subarus?
They're supposed to be identical, right? :confused:

Does anybody know why the top 100 leaderboard at race C has 92 Toyotas, and only 8 Subarus?
Subaru as a brand isn't as popular as Toyota and is less seen on the roads that Toyota is the main thing I can think of.

The other reason is we are no better than lemmings in just going with what everyone else is using....

Honestly, I hope not. I like them a lot. No idea why so few people want to participate. I find it very interesting because every single one of them feels different and needs some adapation and a bit of a learning curve before it 'clicks'.

On the other hand, there is some horrible driving to be seen (not as bad as I thought, but still...):
Today, race C, in my single instance of #luchbreakracing I had to sacrifice a lot of SR to perform a well-deserved revenge punt. Normal race, me starting from P14, navigating through the mess at T1, catching up to P4, a driver from, err... let's say Vulgaria at the beginnig of lap 2. I get a better run out of T1, pass him on the outside, and he sideswipes me into the grasslands in the most egregious way I've ever personally witnessed in GT7. The next four laps I try to hunt him down, but in the process I begin to doubt if he had done it on purpose. Then, just having caught up, he is side-by-side with P3 on the home straight, doing the exact same thing to him, catapulting him into the rails. Right before my very eyes...

Well, then...

I meet him in T1, hit him rather softly, but at the perfect spot (rear end right) to spin him around and onto the gravel.

In the chat I told him that he had it coming and received a bit of approval from former P3, obviously a decent british gentleman. I've never felt so good after a bad deed... 🤣

Of course I won't ever do that again, I promise... 😇

Last edited:
Subaru as a brand isn't as popular as Toyota and is less seen on the roads that Toyota is the main thing I can think of.

The other reason is we are no better than lemmings in just going with what everyone else is using....
Oh, that's all it is? No performance difference, right?

As far as I remember, isn't it the case that the Toyota is a price car somewhere in the early menu books, so that everybody in sports mode owns one by default? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh, that's all it is? No performance difference, right?
Just looking at the evidence in the UK market (which compares broadly to the European market)

IMG_0535.png

IMG_0536.png

The GT86 by a very very large margin more popular as you can see above. This is the number of cars currently registered (or SORN) in the UK by manufacture/model/spec

Edit:

I think this for a few reasons:

• limited dealer network
  • Toyota model range works for all segments (young, old, outdoors-y etc)
  • the GT86 is the "baby brother" to the supra probably helps as well.

The Subaru model range is fairly limited by comparison to Toyotas.

Last edited:
Just looking at the evidence in the UK market (which compares broadly to the European market)

View attachment 1366409

View attachment 1366410

The GT86 by a very very large margin more popular as you can see above. This is the number of cars currently registered (or SORN) in the UK by manufacture/model/spec

Edit:

I think this for a few reasons:

• limited dealer network
  • Toyota model range works for all segments (young, old, outdoors-y etc)
  • the GT86 is the "baby brother" to the supra probably helps as well.

The Subaru model range is fairly limited by comparison to Toyotas.
I rather give my money to the company that built the car.
Last I heard, the only thing Toyota contributes to the 86/BRZ is the fuel injection system.
Otherwise, the car(s) are are entirely Subarus.

Although, I believe Toyota owns 25% of Subaru, so I guess it makes business sense to let them do all the engineering.

If you want to know why I haven't posted much today, it's because I'm taking a break off gt7 today and tomorrow. However I like to keep up with the forums here,

So, what are we doing today? Comparing car models?

Edit: Clocked a 1'30.718 the early hours of this morning at L.S.

@sturk0167, so what were you trying to do for Toyota. I haven't had a chance to read this pages posts thoroughly enough.

Last edited:
Since we are throwing around statistics; thanks to my new found friends in a website mentioned a few pages ago I made one of my own. It puts all ranked players in brackets from less than 1%, 1,5%, 2%, 2,5% and less than 3% time from the leader. All players above 3% have been cut off. It's purpose for me is to see how well I'm doing ranked among my peers at B (currently) and judge how long my road still is. It also helps to decide if joining a race is doable given the likely starting position.

Right now I'm in the purple bracket. Same as 14% of all B rated drivers and 18% total B are faster or equal. it gives me an Idea what I can expect as a starting position.

Aantal van Player​
Kolomlabels​
Rijlabels​
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
Eindtotaal​
S
6​
6​