GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,531 comments
I rather give my money to the company that built the car.
Last I heard, the only thing Toyota contributes to the 86/BRZ is the fuel injection system.
Otherwise, the car(s) are are entirely Subarus.

Although, I believe Toyota owns 25% of Subaru, so I guess it makes business sense to let them do all the engineering.
It's all so incestuous as the Supra was platformed by BMW and also the engine is the BMW powertrain.....

If you want to know why I haven't posted much today, it's because I'm taking a break off gt7 today and tomorrow. However I like to keep up with the forums here,

So, what are we doing today? Comparing car models?

Edit: Clocked a 1'30.718 the early hours of this morning at L.S.

@sturk0167, so what were you trying to do for Toyota. I haven't had a chance to read this pages posts thoroughly enough.
I was just wondering why very few people are using Subarus at race C, when it is identical to the Toyota.
Newmedia says it's probably because the Toyota is more popular in real life.

For giggles I also made one based on cars:

Aantal van Player​
Kolomlabels​
Rijlabels​
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
Eindtotaal​
Alfa Romeo155 2.5 V6 TI '93
2​
9​
32​
92​
125​
260​
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.4
1​
6​
2​
9​
Aston MartinVantage Gr.4
1​
1​
9​
13​
27​
51​
AudiTT Cup '16
3​
3​
BMWM4 Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
BugattiVeyron Gr.4
3​
4​
3​
10​
ChevroletCorvette C7 Gr.4
2​
2​
5​
13​
6​
28​
CitroënGT by Citroën Gr.4
5​
15​
12​
32​
DodgeViper Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
9​
15​
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.4
2​
3​
7​
30​
59​
101​
FordMustang Gr.4
3​
6​
4​
7​
20​
GenesisG70 GR4
341​
668​
1248​
1841​
1501​
5599​
HondaNSX Gr.4
1​
1​
5​
23​
11​
41​
HyundaiGenesis Gr.4
2​
2​
4​
JaguarF-type Gr.4
1​
3​
10​
5​
19​
LamborghiniHuracán Gr.4
6​
11​
29​
32​
78​
LexusRC F Gr.4
2​
8​
2​
12​
Mazda Gr.4
2​
4​
6​
MazdaAtenza Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
5​
11​
McLaren650S Gr.4
3​
8​
11​
26​
48​
Mercedes-BenzSLS AMG Gr.4
1​
8​
5​
13​
27​
MitsubishiLancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.4
2​
8​
7​
17​
12​
46​
NissanGT-R Gr.4
1​
4​
3​
12​
26​
46​
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
1​
4​
5​
11​
21​
PeugeotRCZ Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '16
2​
6​
25​
22​
55​
RenaultSport Mégane Trophy '11
2​
1​
2​
13​
11​
29​
SubaruWRX Gr.4
4​
18​
40​
46​
108​
SuzukiSwift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
1​
2​
3​
Toyota86 Gr.4
2​
2​
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '19
6​
16​
30​
49​
68​
169​
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.4
3​
7​
8​
18​
(leeg)
2​
2​
Eindtotaal
363​
734​
1428​
2291​
2061​
6877​

The GT86 by a very very large margin more popular as you can see above. This is the number of cars currently registered (or SORN) in the UK by manufacture/model/spec

Edit:

I think this for a few reasons:

• limited dealer network
  • Toyota model range works for all segments (young, old, outdoors-y etc)
  • the GT86 is the "baby brother" to the supra probably helps as well.

The Subaru model range is fairly limited by comparison to Toyotas.
Also Subaru was contractually only allowed to import one BRZ to the UK for every ten GT86s.

I think it was relaxed at some point later in the first gen/GT86's life, and Subaru UK (and I think Europe) didn't sell the second-gen BRZ at all. But for the initial sales it was required to be 10:1.
Makes sense commercially, the stronger brand with better distribution has the lions share but it does make you wonder in real terms if the platform sharing was a good idea in the first place.

Subaru are known for their 4WD rugged cars typically (legacy B4 is an outlier, scooby obviously) but beyond them the rest of the range really dried up in the UK, dealers are few and far between now and mostly rural as I think that's what Subaru does best.

The foray in to a junior sports car seemed at the time a weird direction to go if I'm honest. The scooby is a drivers car they just needed to refine it and sort the emissions out.

Edit: nobody brought the SVX so that doesn't count 🤣

Last edited:
There are some suspension differences between the two.
BoP....

The cars should all be tweaked to lap at the same ultimate time. How you get that speed is what it is but....

Edit: @sturk0167 that is massively surprising. My B lobbies have A+ top 6 now mostly As and then the fast B guys on the cusp of A

Last edited:
That's exactly how I've felt for the last 3 weeks. So you are not alone!
Flip that on its head and ask Why? What am I not learning that makes the difference.

Chris you have challenges with a controller but watch Tidgneys lap guides for the TTs he does them fast (gold) on a a pad so there is lots to learn from there.

Grumpy, grumpy grumpy you know better than that.

I assume you've picked up some bad braking habits...like a little too late and not easing off. You've stopped feeling/trusting the car and pushing to hard.

I can tell you know I know what my braking should be, not when I brake but how much to deliver a certain speed for each corner.

I know what the exit acceleration curve in MPH I'm looking for at each corner.

It's challenging to deliver those things but that's what makes you quicker and more consistent. Also you have to pick your races and know when to hold'em and know when pushing forward or defending is too much.

I'll give you a tip that helps me, get the best ghost and .2 ahead, repeat the first corner until you can catch them on the brakes. Laguna is great for this as if you are really good on the brakes I can get half way inside of Henscei obviously in T3 and beyond he's gone but I'm getting better control of my braking and accelerating.

That is the only difference we all have is how well we accelerate, brake and turning quick enough.

At a certain point you have to really start to dig deep on how you make pace and start applying that.

Brutal day in Race B. Traffic was the least of my problems. I need to git gud.

My afternoon went thusly: Make an unforced error, overcompensate trying to make up ground, rinse and repeat.

I did eight races in the NSX. My QT dropped from a 1:29.814, to a 1:29.773, to a 1:29.534. We had two bugged starts. My best start was one P5 (worst was one P15, last place). My best finish was one P5 (worst was three P15s, two of them last place, after DNFs). I finished P10 or better only three times (one P5, two P9s). Somehow, I'm still B/S, if barely.

tenor.gif

Where does he get that from? Is it just a placebo, or based on some facts?
Admittedly, I have no idea (and I haven't watched the video yet).

But, Digit is so consistent lap after lap, he may be able to use himself as a test-bed. Ie, do 20 laps in each and take an average or something.

Did anybody see Kireth’s video about Perel’s company (Sim Grid) bringing daily ACC races to console?

Has anyone tried them?

Me thinks PD could use some competition!
Take this for what it's worth, but I've unsubed from certain GT7 content creators, and eventually ignore their channel all together, due to the clickbait videos produced. I am not going to name names, but... yea.

Last edited:
Did anybody see Kireth’s video
No.

Thankfully you could find out about the new ACC stuff without having to do do that and just follow Sim news stuff without having to suffer that stuff.

We will have to see how it goes as it's opt in pre registration only and needs people to hang around for him to capture the results (limitation of the way PSN works API wise)

Basically it looks like private leagues at the moment so no where integrated like LFM or some of the others.

Will it be competition? Pragmatically I don't think the audience is there on PS as it's a more challenging game and the longer race, setup and qualifying format probably doesn't overlap with the GT7 daily racer en masse

I used to watch Kireth a lot. He does seem to doing more clickbait videos, but this one was on the level.

@newmedia_dev may be right about what GT7 players want. But I’d be willing to try it; what I couldn’t understand on Sim Grid was how you got into a lobby once you’d registered on the website or app? Are they going to appear on the PS5 somewhere?

So is Race C just completely dead this week?

It feels like they should just abandon road cars in races B or C, as much as I wish it wasn't they just seem completely rejected by the playerbase every time they try.

I'm with you, I sincerely hope we continue to see various interesting road car combinations in Sport Mode. However unlikely!

It's a very strange approach they have with the matter...

So, this week's GR86 event at Autopolis is all but a carbon copy of a race we had some 4 months ago (estimate). We've had 3 different road car races as a Race A, all at Nurburgring Sprint, various "meme car" races (which rightfully belong in the 'casual' slot). We also got treated to some amazing entertainment using their collection of custom-tuned supercars, but again they were repeated rather than expanded upon.

I don't know why they don't at least try 1 of 2 things;

- More custom tunes on different cars.

- Rotation. Keep the circuit or car choice fixed and swap it out the other in the middle of the week. My personal opinion is that once we've arrived at Wednesday/Thursday, everyone tends to have tuned in their routines with the combo. Especially in slower cars.

Last edited:
I saw that news about ACC new simgrid(?) races... They certainly look cool. And very coincidentally, I installed ACC last weekend. I haven't really done much with it. It is my understanding that ps5 online is not very active on acc.

I mostly installed it because it is cheap and it has quite a few new tracks. If I never do anything except hotlap some new tracks, that would be okay with me.

Any of my fellow daily racers run ACC? What are your impressions (without going too far off topic)?

My first impression, is I really miss Circuit Experience and leader ghosts!

It feels like they should just abandon road cars in races B or C, as much as I wish it wasn't they just seem completely rejected by the playerbase every time they try.
Probably because the average user wants a car that shticks when full throttle is planted through every corner. That's my guess anyways. I'd bet that most just want to go fast and zoomzoom rather than learn to finesse a car lightly around a bend.

To each their own, but I am way more incentivized to do DR Bs and Cs when they're using road cars because that's where I feel the game shines best. Anything tyre compound related above SS is highly unrealistic...

Here's a link regarding some tyre research by @Marcus Garvey for those who are interested!

Probably because the average user wants a car that shticks when full throttle is planted through every corner. That's my guess anyways. I'd bet that most just want to go fast and zoomzoom rather than learn to finesse a car lightly around a bend.

To each their own, but I am way more incentivized to do DR Bs and Cs when they're using road cars because that's where I feel the game shines best. Anything tyre compound related above SS is highly unrealistic...

Here's a link regarding some tyre research by @Marcus Garvey for those who are interested!

I think it's just because C is a sprint race that's been done multiple times before. There are hundreds of road cars in this game but PD seem fixated on using the same few (in Daily B and C anyway). When R.A. was introduced, they did a Daily C with the spec Miata there. That combo was a blast. I did a lot of them and don't recall the lobbies being unfilled or a wide array of DR|SR combos.

I think a dynamic weather race would be fun... which on street tires means you wouldn't have to pit but you'd need to be able to adapt as required. How about:

Evo IX/STi/Focus RS
RBR or HSR - dynamic weather
SM tires
BoP on but you can use your garage car
Standing start
X amount of laps to be ~20min race.

I don't think people are anti-road-car-race as much as anti-boring-race.

Wow, I didn't know that a majority of people chose the Toyota car for Autopolis, I'm not doing good there. My time is in the 2'14.000's. I did a run with the AT and then my next lap I did an MT. Strangely my times were about the same. I don't understand why I can't master the MT sooner. Can you guys take a look please?

I think I know one area where I'm losing time, the hairpin, I tend to brake late and brake hard which puts weight on the car and then I make that turn, which takes a few seconds added on my lap time. I may not bother with Race C this week, it's my decision whether I want to or not.

I finished eating two pizzas for dinner so hopefully I can focus this weekend, late Saturday and all of Sunday.

I think it's just because C is a sprint race that's been done multiple times before. There are hundreds of road cars in this game but PD seem fixated on using the same few (in Daily B and C anyway). When R.A. was introduced, they did a Daily C with the spec Miata there. That combo was a blast. I did a lot of them and don't recall the lobbies being unfilled or a wide array of DR|SR combos.

I think a dynamic weather race would be fun... which on street tires means you wouldn't have to pit but you'd need to be able to adapt as required. How about:

Evo IX/STi/Focus RS
RBR or HSR - dynamic weather
SM tires
BoP on but you can use your garage car
Standing start
X amount of laps to be ~20min race.

I don't think people are anti-road-car-race as much as anti-boring-race.
not only the same car, but it is exactly the same track! I'm still enjoying some racing here because we get so few road races like this, but geeeez, PD, show some imagination!

Maybe if I rest and take a break until Saturday night-Sunday, I hope I'll have a fresh mind and can focus more on L.S and Colorado Springs. After all it will be the last day. I hate to complain and be negative most of the time but it's hard to accept the fact that 75-80% of the gt7 population can drive and break lap records better and quicker than me. It's like they can utilize what Tidgney teaches them in his daily guides every week.

It's like almost all my class scored an A and I scored a B. :(

Last edited:
I think it's just because C is a sprint race that's been done multiple times before. There are hundreds of road cars in this game but PD seem fixated on using the same few (in Daily B and C anyway).
I wonder if this is partly influenced by the close relationship PD has with Toyota.

For giggles I also made one based on cars:

Aantal van Player​
Kolomlabels​
Rijlabels​
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
Eindtotaal​
Alfa Romeo155 2.5 V6 TI '93
2​
9​
32​
92​
125​
260​
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.4
1​
6​
2​
9​
Aston MartinVantage Gr.4
1​
1​
9​
13​
27​
51​
AudiTT Cup '16
3​
3​
BMWM4 Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
BugattiVeyron Gr.4
3​
4​
3​
10​
ChevroletCorvette C7 Gr.4
2​
2​
5​
13​
6​
28​
CitroënGT by Citroën Gr.4
5​
15​
12​
32​
DodgeViper Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
9​
15​
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.4
2​
3​
7​
30​
59​
101​
FordMustang Gr.4
3​
6​
4​
7​
20​
GenesisG70 GR4
341​
668​
1248​
1841​
1501​
5599​
HondaNSX Gr.4
1​
1​
5​
23​
11​
41​
HyundaiGenesis Gr.4
2​
2​
4​
JaguarF-type Gr.4
1​
3​
10​
5​
19​
LamborghiniHuracán Gr.4
6​
11​
29​
32​
78​
LexusRC F Gr.4
2​
8​
2​
12​
Mazda Gr.4
2​
4​
6​
MazdaAtenza Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
5​
11​
McLaren650S Gr.4
3​
8​
11​
26​
48​
Mercedes-BenzSLS AMG Gr.4
1​
8​
5​
13​
27​
MitsubishiLancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.4
2​
8​
7​
17​
12​
46​
NissanGT-R Gr.4
1​
4​
3​
12​
26​
46​
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
1​
4​
5​
11​
21​
PeugeotRCZ Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '16
2​
6​
25​
22​
55​
RenaultSport Mégane Trophy '11
2​
1​
2​
13​
11​
29​
SubaruWRX Gr.4
4​
18​
40​
46​
108​
SuzukiSwift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
1​
2​
3​
Toyota86 Gr.4
2​
2​
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '19
6​
16​
30​
49​
68​
169​
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.4
3​
7​
8​
18​
(leeg)
2​
2​
Eindtotaal
363​
734​
1428​
2291​
2061​
6877​
Darn, I'm one of those 18 Sciroccos! LOL. Because it is so unpopular does that make me one of those cool hipsters? :D

Back