GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,712 comments
Wow, I didn't know that a majority of people chose the Toyota car for Autopolis, I'm not doing good there. My time is in the 2'14.000's. I did a run with the AT and then my next lap I did an MT. Strangely my times were about the same. I don't understand why I can't master the MT sooner. Can you guys take a look please?

I think I know one area where I'm losing time, the hairpin, I tend to brake late and brake hard which puts weight on the car and then I make that turn, which takes a few seconds added on my lap time. I may not bother with Race C this week, it's my decision whether I want to or not.

I finished eating two pizzas for dinner so hopefully I can focus this weekend, late Saturday and all of Sunday.

Hi Chris,

Was this an AT or MT lap? Either way, you are shifting too early and missing out on a lot of straight-line speed because of this. Rev this car out! Find out where each gear maxes out and shift just before it. Do you usually race with traction control on? It seems to be set really high. Trying dialing it down or going down to 0 and you'll see your corner exit speeds increase.

Finally, I noticed that you like to hug the inside of each corner. Try staying wide and then "cutting across" the apex of your corners. That way you'll spend less time going "around" the corner and be faster going "through" the corner. Wide in, hit apex, wide out. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Yeah I do tend to set my traction control at 2-3. I'll try toning it down to 0 and see what that does. The first lap was an AT and the second lap was an MT run, just pointing that out.

For giggles I also made one based on cars:

Aantal van Player​
Kolomlabels​
Rijlabels​
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
Eindtotaal​
Alfa Romeo155 2.5 V6 TI '93
2​
9​
32​
92​
125​
260​
Alfa Romeo4C Gr.4
1​
6​
2​
9​
Aston MartinVantage Gr.4
1​
1​
9​
13​
27​
51​
AudiTT Cup '16
3​
3​
BMWM4 Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
BugattiVeyron Gr.4
3​
4​
3​
10​
ChevroletCorvette C7 Gr.4
2​
2​
5​
13​
6​
28​
CitroënGT by Citroën Gr.4
5​
15​
12​
32​
DodgeViper Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
9​
15​
Ferrari458 Italia Gr.4
2​
3​
7​
30​
59​
101​
FordMustang Gr.4
3​
6​
4​
7​
20​
GenesisG70 GR4
341​
668​
1248​
1841​
1501​
5599​
HondaNSX Gr.4
1​
1​
5​
23​
11​
41​
HyundaiGenesis Gr.4
2​
2​
4​
JaguarF-type Gr.4
1​
3​
10​
5​
19​
LamborghiniHuracán Gr.4
6​
11​
29​
32​
78​
LexusRC F Gr.4
2​
8​
2​
12​
Mazda Gr.4
2​
4​
6​
MazdaAtenza Gr.4
1​
1​
4​
5​
11​
McLaren650S Gr.4
3​
8​
11​
26​
48​
Mercedes-BenzSLS AMG Gr.4
1​
8​
5​
13​
27​
MitsubishiLancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.4
2​
8​
7​
17​
12​
46​
NissanGT-R Gr.4
1​
4​
3​
12​
26​
46​
NissanSilvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car
1​
4​
5​
11​
21​
PeugeotRCZ Gr.4
1​
1​
2​
PorscheCayman GT4 Clubsport '16
2​
6​
25​
22​
55​
RenaultSport Mégane Trophy '11
2​
1​
2​
13​
11​
29​
SubaruWRX Gr.4
4​
18​
40​
46​
108​
SuzukiSwift Sport KATANA Edition Gr.4
1​
2​
3​
Toyota86 Gr.4
2​
2​
ToyotaGR Supra Race Car '19
6​
16​
30​
49​
68​
169​
VolkswagenScirocco Gr.4
3​
7​
8​
18​
(leeg)
2​
2​
Eindtotaal
363​
734​
1428​
2291​
2061​
6877​
Nice, I'm representing one of the NSXs. Now if only I can get out of my own way and not do dumb stuff... 😤 😅 😔

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't know that a majority of people chose the Toyota car for Autopolis, I'm not doing good there. My time is in the 2'14.000's. I did a run with the AT and then my next lap I did an MT. Strangely my times were about the same. I don't understand why I can't master the MT sooner. Can you guys take a look please?

I think I know one area where I'm losing time, the hairpin, I tend to brake late and brake hard which puts weight on the car and then I make that turn, which takes a few seconds added on my lap time. I may not bother with Race C this week, it's my decision whether I want to or not.

I finished eating two pizzas for dinner so hopefully I can focus this weekend, late Saturday and all of Sunday.

Too much downshifting.

what I couldn’t understand on Sim Grid was how you got into a lobby once you’d registered on the website or app? Are they going to appear on the PS5 somewhere?
IMG_0538.png

You get the server password 5 mins before practice opens via discord.

View attachment 1366566

You get the server password 5 mins before practice opens via discord.
Did a few of the quick races last night. It's a good step up comparing with public lobbies. Much cleaner. I'll definitely do it again when they have the other races going (not free though).

Anyhow, on topic. Didn't do a single daily race on gt7 this week. Does anyone know what are next week races?

View attachment 1366572

View attachment 1366573

Guessing:

A: Volvo 240
B: Gr3 (could be 4)
C: Gr4 (could be 3)

I'm not sure what car settings could be available for A so that potentially changes up what cars it could be
Thank you.

We had gr2 at Kyoto a long time ago. I'd guess they are doing that again since they have been repeating a lot of daily races lately. We'll see.

Last edited:
I think that we had a 80's 3-series BMW race A around there a while back, and that was quite fun - apart from the last chicane of course!
And there are lots of classic cars in the game which would fit well there. Like, for example, the Alfa Giulia '67, BMW CSL, Aston Martin DB5, De Tomaso Pantera, VW Golf GTI '83, Renault Gordini, TVR Tuscan, Porsche 904, Jaguar E-type, etc. etc.

Although I wouldn't bet on their creativity...😬

Cool, I'll be dealing with Dragon-Gardens next week. I don't think my schedule will be too packed I hope, I do have a doctor appointment Monday. And then I'm going to the Mall a couple days after to do what I want to do.

Anyway I wanted to discuss with you all about something important. I made three private conversations discussing about this, we need more private lobbies so we can practice and learn more about each track and all the physics of the cars that are in the game. I added a total of 30 of you, I won't say who but you should have gotten the notifications this morning. I think it would benefit me if I could start doing lobbies with my friends or fellow members here. I've never done this before expect 5-6 times in GT sport.

I lost a lot of experience in Summer 2014-Fall 2019. I sold my ps3 cause we were running low on money and I wanted some pizza and sweets, I regret doing it cause gt5 and gt6 was my training for Gran Turismo. I'm just not good anymore even though I've been playing 3 whole years, (at least 9-10 hours a day). How disappointing but I can't go back in time. I've got to get my knowledge and skills back to where they were back in my gt3-gt5 days.

This is an awesome and supportive community, way more supportive than my narcissistic grandparents, I wish I had some brothers or a roommate that can guide me when I'm driving in the GT gaming world, I would love to get my DR up to an A/B and see/wave to you guys in my races. I can see who is on the grids in every race.

So, who's with me on the lobbies, it would have to be on a week where I'm not busy. I always lag behind the pack/group.

But I hope you all can accept who I am even though I'm not a star formula driver.

1718964223951.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, it was a triple pepperoni with extra cheese and sausage and I got 2 orders of breadsticks with a bunch of sides of marinera sauce. And then I bought $100 worth of sweets/candy.

I wish lobby races counted as finishing a daily race, but I don't think it does.

My goal is to form a friend relationship and for all of us to grow as a strong community, and race with each other. See we can help each other out, like I follow you guys on certain tracks or use your replays/ghosts. I have to be creative.

So how many of you own a controller and a wheel? I'm gonna take a poll. If I could get the hang of trail braking I would be able to break more records, :)

Last edited:
Had a couple of races last night and bagged myself another win, jeez Louise these lobbies are painful this week, so much jostling and people ramming you off etc, I do hope DTG next week is reverse as that first corner is going to be a wreck fest!

I hope it was a good pizza?

You beat me to this one, it’s exactly the line that had me laughing! @Chris30 legend

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpeg
    IMG_3514.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2
Probably because the average user wants a car that shticks when full throttle is planted through every corner. That's my guess anyways. I'd bet that most just want to go fast and zoomzoom rather than learn to finesse a car lightly around a bend.
This is the answer.
I think it's just because C is a sprint race that's been done multiple times before. There are hundreds of road cars in this game but PD seem fixated on using the same few (in Daily B and C anyway). When R.A. was introduced, they did a Daily C with the spec Miata there. That combo was a blast. I did a lot of them and don't recall the lobbies being unfilled or a wide array of DR|SR combos.

I think a dynamic weather race would be fun... which on street tires means you wouldn't have to pit but you'd need to be able to adapt as required. How about:

Evo IX/STi/Focus RS
RBR or HSR - dynamic weather
SM tires
BoP on but you can use your garage car
Standing start
X amount of laps to be ~20min race.

I don't think people are anti-road-car-race as much as anti-boring-race.

I prefer racing with race cars but I can enjoy a good road car race when the combo is attractive.

To name a few that were a blast in recent times:
Daily A) Porsche 356 at Maggiore
Daily A) Set of bopped road cars at Nordscheleife
Daily C) Set of bopped road cars at Trial Mountain
Daily A) Night race at Le Mans with a classic 911

IMO the problem with race C this week is the combo (sprint race in a track with very limited options for a clean pass), and not the cars involved.

Last edited:
This is the answer.

I prefer racing with race cars but I can enjoy a good road car race when the combo is attractive.

To name a few that were a blast in recent times:
Daily A) Porsche 356 at Maggiore
Daily A) Set of bopped road cars at Nordscheleife
Daily C) Set of bopped road cars at Trial Mountain
Daily A) Night race at Le Mans with a classic 911

IMO the problem with race C this week is the combo (sprint race in a track with very limited options for a clean pass), and not the cars involved.
I recall every one of those and I did a lot of racing those weeks! All great races, shame we don't get more of those. (Speaking as someone whose bread and butter is Gr.3 but enjoy the variety... when we get it)

Yes, it was a triple pepperoni with extra cheese and sausage and I got 2 orders of breadsticks with a bunch of sides of marinera sauce. And then I bought $100 worth of sweets/candy.

I wish lobby races counted as finishing a daily race, but I don't think it does.

My goal is to form a friend relationship and for all of us to grow as a strong community, and race with each other. See we can help each other out, like I follow you guys on certain tracks or use your replays/ghosts. I have to be creative.

So how many of you own a controller and a wheel? I'm gonna take a poll. If I could get the hang of trail braking I would be able to break more record

So how many of you own a controller and a wheel? I'm gonna take a poll. If I could get the hang of trail braking I would be able to break more records, :)
if you drive that much, how come you haven't make many friends yet. honestly, I have so many "friends" in B and C mostly,because of fair driving , that each daily feels like a lobby race

Last edited:
Since we are throwing around statistics; thanks to my new found friends in a website mentioned a few pages ago I made one of my own. It puts all ranked players in brackets from less than 1%, 1,5%, 2%, 2,5% and less than 3% time from the leader. All players above 3% have been cut off. It's purpose for me is to see how well I'm doing ranked among my peers at B (currently) and judge how long my road still is. It also helps to decide if joining a race is doable given the likely starting position.

Right now I'm in the purple bracket. Same as 14% of all B rated drivers and 18% total B are faster or equal. it gives me an Idea what I can expect as a starting position.

Aantal van Player​
Kolomlabels​
Rijlabels​
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
Eindtotaal​
S
6​
6​
A+
275​
272​
199​
108​
36​
890​
A
60​
369​
722​
699​
382​
2232​
B
18​
82​
1319​
1392​
3272​
C
1​
5​
25​
130​
206​
367​
D
2​
3​
9​
22​
37​
73​
E
1​
3​
12​
13​
8​
37​
Eindtotaal
363​
734​
1428​
2291​
2061​
6877​

Btw website is gtdailies.com
I’m also a stats guy, unfortunately, there are many variables when analyzing these stats. I’m currently a mid DR C (SR-S) lobby player based on my normal qualifying times during the Daily races. I find that I can compete with many B drivers in actual races and, I do better in longer races.
My theory is that many of the fast QT drivers are on the edge of disaster much of the time. This is great for getting a good qualifying time however, your odds of not completing a race go up exponentially if you try to keep that pace.
My confidence goes way down when I look at my qualifying times but it rises again when I get a top 5 in a B/C lobby. I’ve analyzed my wins and usually find that I didn’t have a much faster race but that I was in a slower lobby. My times for a given track are usually very consistent and after the initial learning curve, progress slowly.
Another issue with BoP is that most of the Daily races are locked for tuning, the really good drivers can tune a car, I’m guessing that in a lobby with tuning unlocked, I wouldn’t fare to well since we never have to do it.
Increasing your driving is definitely not a linear process, those last tenths of seconds seem like they take a lot of work.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back