GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,534 comments
Hey everyone, I made two separate conversations because only 10 members can be allowed per one, so...whoever gets a notification please check asap. I have some videos I recorded for my MT runs, I need some advice.

I have made a huge change switching to MT starting Sunday morning. I wonder how long it will take more me to learn. I also brought my TCS down to 1-2 for better exit speeds from each corner and turn. My DR has slipped; I was at a high level C two months ago and now I'm back down to a mid-D. How discouraging and disappointing.

All that hard work down the drain, :(

I got 20 clean races out of 30 a month ago, what happened? Man, I wish I had a roommate that was a racing expert, :)

What are the odds, my SR is at an S but my DR is at a D, wth? Even though I work hard to the best of my ability, :(
I have always been independent most of my life, but now in the racing world is where I need a hand/advice.
Your SR is S, that's good. You'll be in more races with other SR S drivers, which reduces the probability of "incidents".

Don't be too concerned with your DR rating. There's no goal here that must be achieved, and you don't have to prove anything to anybody. The only purpose of a racing game, like any video game, is to have fun, to give you some nice distraction from real life stuff.

I can still remember the time when I changed to MT. At first I was like 'I can't do that', because, obviously, it took some time. And I lost some races because of it, too. But then it clicked, and it became second nature. That will be the case for you, too. Try to enjoy the ride, try to laugh about your mistakes: we all have made them.🍻

So something strange just happened....

I was right at the top of DR B... Like 99.99% full (only late last week I got dropped down from DR A again but had a great day yesterday and was right on the bubble as expected)

Did the B race this morning at DT, finished 2nd. DR up, great. Should have been due a rise up to DR A

But now I'm right at the bottom of DR B? View attachment 1367551

View attachment 1367552

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Seems it has to do with your SR. It's B a.t.m. you can have a DR reset if you don't drive according to SR standards.

I had been changing tires but on my last race on lap 7 I was P4 and went into the pits right behind P3. I wanted to beat him out of the pits so I did a drive through. By lap 10 I was wide everywhere and getting passed by everyone. No off-course but finished 10th. From now on, I’m changing tires. On a long race I think the time gain of a drive through is minimal.
Ah! Now that you mention it, I went back to review some replays, and there were a few Citroens that tried the no tires strat. By the last couple laps, they were sitting ducks at Turns 1, 6, 8, 12, and 14. Those front rights take a beating. I'll agree that it's better to be safe than sorry.

The FR, FF, and AWD cars usually stopped after Lap 5, with a rare few at the end of Lap 6.

The MRs could probably extend our stints by a lap or two and not lose too much time, but we usually went in at the end of Lap 6.

This was from my P3 Race 5 from yesterday. Tire wear was OK. That's the Megane I almost murdered in front of me.

full

Last edited:
Hi folks, I did my first race in a long time today just for fun; much has changed since I used to race regularly… I have a direct drive wheel, load cell pedals, PSVR2 and put a huge amount of time in getting faster in time trials..! Big question for y’all, is your DR/SR affected if you race in Race A or is that the one where it has no effect?

Anyways, I did a Race B; I quite like Gardens but the sausages on the chicane are frustrating, I went for the trusty 911 RSR and set a 1:32ish quali lap; that put me on Pole for an all DR B grid! I ran a clean race and despite getting overtaken cleanly by a very fast French fella named Bob I cruised to a comfortable P2 to improve my DR rating, a few more and I think I could make it to A 😬 very enjoyable though and wow how much more fun is it racing humans than the terrible GT7 AI?

This might be the confidence booster I need to race a bit more as I’ve been solely focusing on weekly challenges and Time Trial grind for some time now!!

Hi folks, I did my first race in a long time today just for fun; much has changed since I used to race regularly… I have a direct drive wheel, load cell pedals, PSVR2 and put a huge amount of time in getting faster in time trials..! Big question for y’all, is your DR/SR affected if you race in Race A or is that the one where it has no effect?

Anyways, I did a Race B; I quite like Gardens but the sausages on the chicane are frustrating, I went for the trusty 911 RSR and set a 1:32ish quali lap; that put me on Pole for an all DR B grid! I ran a clean race and despite getting overtaken cleanly by a very fast French fella named Bob I cruised to a comfortable P2 to improve my DR rating, a few more and I think I could make it to A 😬 very enjoyable though and wow how much more fun is it racing humans than the terrible GT7 AI?

This might be the confidence booster I need to race a bit more as I’ve been solely focusing on weekly challenges and Time Trial grind for some time now!!
Welcome to the daily race club Dan! It's nice to see you here. I've been using the MT more lately. However my mom wants me to do more around the house and to start focusing on our health and other priorities first and then I can play gt7, so I'll have to curb my game time on here. Glen is right about that. You can't put a price tag on your health, so I need to get it together and take everything one step at a time.

Big question for y’all, is your DR/SR affected if you race in Race A or is that the one where it has no effect?
Hey alien Dan, nice to see you in these murky waters!

A couple of things to note and Hollow will chime in I'm sure, good QT/TT as you know is worth more than not racing.

But in some of the dailies the QT/TT don't mean a thing once you get racing.

To answer you question your DR isn't affected but SR is. Bare that in mind.

On B and C things get a little more spicy at your pace mate...the first few won't be fun. Sure you are fast but once those lines get taken away and guys just as quick aren't doing TT because they prefer to race...just be prepared.

Even starting out front it's a difficult thing to manage the race but...

That's the fun part. I will guarantee you run away for a few races and then it's like oh my god....in a fun/frustrating way ;)

You'll have a lot of fun here with us Dan, and you can even take part in as many races as you want. And the higher your rank is, the more difficult and higher-skilled the lobbies are. Just giving you a brief rundown of how this works. Only the A races, your DR is not affected; just the SR.

@Dan_Tes so, have fun and don't worry about winning every single race.

Welcome to the daily race club Dan! It's nice to see you here. I've been using the MT more lately. However my mom wants me to do more around the house and to start focusing on our health and other priorities first and then I can play gt7, so I'll have to curb my game time on here. Glen is right about that. You can't put a price tag on your health, so I need to get it together and take everything one step at a time.
Thanks Chris, look after yourself and have fun!
Hey alien Dan, nice to see you in these murky waters!

A couple of things to note and Hollow will chime in I'm sure, good QT/TT as you know is worth more than not racing.

But in some of the dailies the QT/TT don't mean a thing once you get racing.

To answer you question your DR isn't affected but SR is. Bare that in mind.

On B and C things get a little more spicy at your pace mate...the first few won't be fun. Sure you are fast but once those lines get taken away and guys just as quick aren't doing TT because they prefer to race...just be prepared.

Even starting out front it's a difficult thing to manage the race but...

That's the fun part. I will guarantee you run away for a few races and then it's like oh my god....in a fun/frustrating way ;)
Absolutely man agree with you on all points, good to be back 😁 I really struggled previously when racing because I found it very difficult to race anywhere but on the racing line, so even if I went for a pass or tried to defend I’d be in no mans land and usually bin it 😁 it’s much easier on a wheel I find. I’ve also started with a much more relaxed driving style so if anyone goes for the overtake (like super fast Bob) I don’t fight for the position and just try and stay clean; if I am quicker I know the person who overtakes will make a mistake and I’ll get the place again

Looking forward to racing more in the coming weeks and months at least, feels weird to be outside of my Time Trial discussion thread bubble but very happy to be here •waves to everyone•

Hola Dan,
Happy to see you here.
I also haven't raced for a while and decided to come back here just two weeks ago.
I don't think we will ever meet on track, your rear mirror doesn't have enough zoom to see me, but for sure you will meet lot of good people to enjoy your runs

For once PD repeats a combo I actually like! I have a 1:40.01 in the Corvette in Race C so far, and the 1 race I did I started and finished P2. I was no match for the Citroens ahead or behind, but I somehow held off the one behind me and set the fastest lap in the race. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but these cars (or the Corvette at least) feel so much better to drive on the stock suspension - mostly from not being so stiff over the curbs, which was a requirement to be fast everywhere else when this combo was in Race B and tuning was available.

I went to bed last night right on the brink of breaking into the 1:32's at Daily Race B.

I finally got a chance to put some time in Q laps today, and I smashed that barrier by a half second! Then I looked at my leaderboard, and deflated slightly:

1719346004523.png

I had to look twice to be sure I read @Dep Fishtail's time right. Bastard! :lol:

But I looked at the global ranking, and my happiness returned:

1719346075138.png

I'll take that. And I'm reasonably sure I've got a lot more time out there I can save, although you never know. Anyway, I suppose I should actually race some now...

Big question for y’all, is your DR/SR affected if you race in Race A or is that the one where it has no effect?
It's right there on the selection screen:

1719346171011.png

Don't feel bad, though. I'm constantly finding things I never saw before, or at least I never noticed before. By the way, great name. My first name is actually "Dan".

Thanks Chris, look after yourself and have fun!

Absolutely man agree with you on all points, good to be back 😁 I really struggled previously when racing because I found it very difficult to race anywhere but on the racing line, so even if I went for a pass or tried to defend I’d be in no mans land and usually bin it 😁 it’s much easier on a wheel I find. I’ve also started with a much more relaxed driving style so if anyone goes for the overtake (like super fast Bob) I don’t fight for the position and just try and stay clean; if I am quicker I know the person who overtakes will make a mistake and I’ll get the place again

Looking forward to racing more in the coming weeks and months at least, feels weird to be outside of my Time Trial discussion thread bubble but very happy to be here •waves to everyone•

Glad to see you here and you should have fun racing vr. You’ll become very familiar with where the radar is positioned in each car and how many cars have no speedometer to check top speed. The radar thing is a must running vr though.

911 is pretty e decent at the gardens and I’m certain you will drop into 1:31’s easily if you want to.

I’m hoping to get some B and C races in this week but still doing a few too many leagues atm.
🍻
GL

Missed opportunity to go by "Grumpy Old Dan" then if you ask me.

@Nebu72 yeah, I agree. Or maybe Grumpy Danger Dan since he storms through the track. I hate posting on my ps4 here, I noticed some glitches earlier. Plus the site freezes up every 5 or 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Yes, I watched G.O.M.'s replay and improved my time to 1'34.871, DT. I had to study and watch it for 30-40 minutes though. That red marker near the gears is a helpful indicator of what to shift the gears up/down to. Wow, it was that easy and I was going around the bush.

I know you guys can't do it all the time, but can you try to provide a replay in the showcase so I can study and piece together what I need to do to improve my times. Or if you prefer to PM it to me here that's fine too, :)

Thank you everyone!!

Last edited:
I know you guys can't do it all the time, but can you try to provide a replay in the showcase so I can study and piece together what I need to do to improve my times.
We used to do it a lot. Not sure why we got away from it. We'll have to start doing it again.

We're like a family circle, we are all here to socialize and help each other out. And also providing more replays would help the lower-skilled drivers and newbies of the game. Yeah I went a while in 2023 and didn't post any replays but I'm gonna do it more often as I love to help and assist others too. It's what makes GTplanet a special place for people and folks at all ages, :)

Last edited:
Whoa! My first race this week in Daily Race B was, to put it mildly, brutal! Lots of pushing and shoving, along with some really bad driving in spots from me.

And what the hell was PD thinking having us in RH's in Gr.3's on this track? It's like trying to run on ice while holding a goldfish bowl. While not making anyone else lose their goldfish either.

I did a race there last night and it was kind of tense too, but I still finished 2nd, I did record it if you guys want to take a look later. I need to do as many as I can this week. All this racing is making me hungry. We have been eating Pizza Hut every night for the past 2 weeks and i sure has been good, it cost us $90-$100 though which is very expensive, and we use Doordash sometimes if we don't feel like going out.

@Tidgney I'm getting the hang of the MT!! Finally. It'll probably take me at least a week to fully understand and learn all the concepts and tricks.

Last edited:
Back