GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,701 comments
Wonderful race C. Went for my trusty V8 Vantage.

Qualified pole, 1.41.034

Led lap 1, fell back to 2nd on lap 2.

Lap 3 I fell back into 3rd going deep into turn 1, but got the place back at the first chicane getting a super exit.

Was about 2.2s back from the lead when I pitted on lap 5.

The undercut worked so well (not that surprised as my right front was merked already), leader pitted next lap (6) and I came out alongside him, but took the long way around turn 1 and got the lead.

We then had 6 laps of the 2nd place guy purely pressuring me, but nothing stupid or dramatic. Good clean driving. Both of us made a couple of small mistakes at times but the race was wonderful. Beautifully clean, the expected dive bomb/punt on the final lap didn't happen thankfully!! The guy I was battling with for 2nd/3rd dropped off a bit as the two of us up front were relentless!

I ended up winning by 0.132s!

1904adf11e858-screenshotUrl.jpg

1904adf337786-screenshotUrl.jpg

Has anyone got a spreadsheet / google sheet of all the daily races in GT7 so far?

Edit: I don't know how to paste the link in here without it expanding it into an embedded object. Sorry.

Let's try this...
hxxps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kEQd_XrxS_ieUXbwmKSW45pALLMwElg4X1M0QTB_T0o/edit?usp=sharing (replace hxxps with https)

Last edited:

Edit: I don't know how to paste the link in here without it expanding it into an embedded object. Sorry.

Let's try this...
hxxps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kEQd_XrxS_ieUXbwmKSW45pALLMwElg4X1M0QTB_T0o/edit?usp=sharing (replace hxxps with https)

Legend, do you mind if I use this data for a video I'm doing? It would save me alot of time in terms of me going through every video haha!

Legend, do you mind if I use this data for a video I'm doing? It would save me alot of time in terms of me going through every video haha!
It's not my spreadsheet, so I can't give you that permission. I believe whoever is maintaining it is somebody on GTPlanet here, but I don't remember who that is.

Edit: Think it might be @Hasnain282.

Last edited:
Not sure about you guys, but we have 65mph on highways here… nobody does 65..🤫

What nutbagger thought this was useful on a car 😂
Well the Japanese are a very lawful society. I remember reading a case where one of the few firearm carrying police in Japan was arrested and charged with unlawful firing of a gun after he accidentally shot himself!

Oh, you accidentally shot yourself? We'll arrest you for your stupidity.... 🤦‍♂️

Hmm, I had some decent results last time out in the Kyoto sprint races with a default NSX Gr.4 when tuning was allowed. Hopefully that bodes well for me in a longer race where there is none. Might be my preferred race. Mandatory stops should spice things up.

I set down some sloppy QTs that'll hopefully be improved upon later in the week.

Race A QT: 1:36.856

Race B QT: 1:34.005 in the NSX Gr.3

Race C QT: 1:42.615 in the NSX Gr.4

I was not looking forward to another Gr.4 race but I just did 2 races at Yamagiwa and they were lots-o fun. I don’t know why these cars seem so much faster on this track than Laguna Seca.
I got punted in both races but, on review, they look like people just learning the track, which is normal for a Monday, not a big deal, I actually got an apology mid-race (which was a little distracting).
I don’t know comparatively how fast it is but I’ve gotten so the huracán is one of my favorite cars, especially on this track (QT 1:43.465)

Last edited:
Well the Japanese are a very lawful society. I remember reading a case where one of the few firearm carrying police in Japan was arrested and charged with unlawful firing of a gun after he accidentally shot himself!

Oh, you accidentally shot yourself? We'll arrest you for your stupidity.... 🤦‍♂️
I wish more people got arrested for stupidity to be fair....

Haha it's like that in the UK to be fair! Although sometimes you're better of chilling at 64 than going with the flow of traffic. A motorway near me the norm is 90mph!

But ye it's a bit mad to have it on in the first place, even more so for a racing game haha!
Yup. 65mph can be downright dangerous most days around rush hour.
In Japan in the 80s, highway speed did not get much higher than 80 kmh (49mph) whereas 65mph = 104 kph, so the chime was not pointless but a warning of possible hazard.
Speed laws were very strict/heavy in those days, heavy fines and jail time/loss of driving privileges.
The hazard would be from my wife 🫣

Just done a few laps while waiting for my dinner. This skyline is comically bad 🤣🤣🤣 good fun though. I'm sure I can get another second off that time in a while. Afraid to enter a race because it is going to be pure chaos 🙈🤣

Attachments

• 20240624_194120.jpg
    20240624_194120.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 6
Yup. 65mph can be downright dangerous most days around rush hour.

The hazard would be from my wife 🫣
imagine having to live in a world where highway speeds are under 50 miles per hour. I know I'm rural but most surface roads around me are 55. Even in the heady days of Federal Speed Limits the highways were still 55.

To the surprise of nobody my post complaining about D.Grace was removed and now I no longer have post permissions to this thread. haven't checked if I'm banned from all threads or just this one. Anyways, this was removed by the mod team:

Race C is great this week, having lots of fun starting last and finishing top 4. Using the Ferrari. Started out in the Jag. Decided that mid engine rotates better and that's primarily what's needed here.

What's not needed is racing against D.Grace (d-boy15301710). Last race I managed to catch him for 4th, and pass on the outside no contact into the second to last 180 degree hairpin.

Instead of racing though he decides to body slam me into the wall because he can't stand being beat. Then when I asked why in chat he said "gg great race, I'm ur daddy".

Frankly I don't care about "don't name and shame". That policy is why online racing is **** 90% of the time. Name assholes, shame them, explain exactly what they did wrong and exactly why people should avoid them.

D.Grace is a B/S rated driver, his safety rating went UP after punting me into the wall. Watch out for him, he's racing under the US flag.

If I get banned for this I literally cannot care less. if my post is edited or deleted I'll make it again. Name and Shame asshole drivers, it's how we get clean racing.

Last edited:
imagine having to live in a world where highway speeds are under 50 miles per hour. I know I'm rural but most surface roads around me are 55. Even in the heady days of Federal Speed Limits the highways were still 55.
Had a run with the guy you mentioned in your previous post. I asked him why he ran me wide. He ran me wide simply because he could is literally what he said in DMs. out of 10+ races I did he was the only intentional dirty driver.

He is now on my punt on site list. I told him this. he replied "Dont threaten me" I replied "its not a threat"

but dont worry I got your back.

Shoulder hated me today. Got down to 1:41 but actually choose to the run from the back on myt other account. I really liked being able to tune these car more. I was roughly 2 seconds faster with setup enabled. Still fun combo IMO.

I have just spent nearly an hour chasing a ghost around and I still can't get below 1.32.6 I swear I have my wheel rotation set wrong at 540 degrees 🤔🤔 Either that or I am just plain bad 🤣 ( most likely of the 2)
Just hang on, and it will 'click' eventually. I needed one and a half hour until I got below 1:31.5, but then I improved with almost every lap. Are you using a ghost?

He is now on my punt on site list
Sigh.

Stay classy.

Who has a punt list? I race frequently with a few drivers who are on the meme list and never once has it ever entered my mind to play them at their own game.

People annoy us, yes, yes they do but and I mean this sincerely what good does it do punting an over zealous, less skilled driver other than make them think it's all tit for tat :/

I have a low tolerance for retaliation. I have a high tolerance for gently running people wider than I could have but it's measured so everyone stays whole.

Race C will be great - Kyoto is where I got (and also lost) my A+, so really looking forward. Got a 1.40.3, with a 40.1 optimum. Not decided on car yet, 650 or the Huracan looks good. Anyone know if tires will be a factor? Any idea on what car is easy on the tires?
No change in the 650 with a 5 rear BB

The Citroen is the kindest on its tires with pace.

The Aston looks like a no change but I haven't driven that yet

Last edited:
G70 completely eats the front right by the end of lap 6, if you want the pace. I suspect it's the same with the Veyron, probably similar with the Hurracan and all other 4WD. I will try the Aston tomorrow, I've only done one race this morning and a short quali session later on :)

Sigh.

Stay classy.

Who has a punt list? I race frequently with a few drivers who are on the meme list and never once has it ever entered my mind to play them at their own game.

People annoy us, yes, yes they do but and I mean this sincerely what good does it do punting an over zealous, less skilled driver other than make them think it's all tit for tat :/

I have a low tolerance for retaliation. I have a high tolerance for gently running people wider than I could have but it's measured so everyone stays whole.
They only get on that list by being dirty, and then doubling down on it in DMs. There is no recourse for their actions so I have become it. You cna get off the list by apologizing and continueing to drive clean around me.

The thing is many people on the list are not just less skilled I have run into outright dirty A+ drivers.

The guy who made the list today basically ran 100 percent of the people he interacted with off the track. I was like the only one to DM him, he basically told me to learn to drive better and "dont tthreaten him'. He was dirty enough that another member of this forum mentioned him by name.

I know I have changes people behavior by outlasting their will or gotten them to quit, both are positive outcomes for the game as whole and I enjoying do it. with that said everyone I come across is clean slate and I will drive clean even with careless drivers, I have driven clean against you glen under various name in both regions. IMO it not tit for tat, its basically I will keep doing this till you quit or apologize and stop being dick. I generally do it in way that it was no mistake it wasnt on purpose.

Brits you are so polite that if someone served a plate of rats, you would tell the waiter " I am sorry this seems to be someone elses plate of rats"

if you have solution to deal with purposely dirty drivers I am all ears but their is no bans or ingame protest like Iracing.

Last edited:
Brits you are so polite that if someone served a plate of rats, you would tell the waiter " I am sorry this seems to be someone elses plate of rats"

if you have solution to deal with purposely dirty drivers I am all ears but their is no bans or ingame protest like Iracing.
Firstly, we politely refuse the plate of rats saying we are full and had enough of them.

Secondly we typically don't patiently queue for plates of rats...

The solution is to race and ignore the rats.

The scenario you paint is some how this has become Call of Turismo when it's nothing more than a few bad apples, a few clumsy people.

Us eu peeps get to race with some of the most publicly notorious offenders yet we look and laugh. It's one thing to be rammed a bit and it ruins a race it's another thing to hold a grudge and go all vigilante.

You reep what you sow, the key is not to sow in their fields. You hit them you go on their list and eventually the whole world is blind.

Realise it's a game and sometimes you get lobbies you'd rather not be in.

But mostly let's not start pointing stereo types at people :/

Last edited:
Damn I'm tired. I was playing gt7 on my couch and next thing I know I woke up at almost 5pm with my controller off to the side, i probably slept 8 or 9 hours.

DT Gardens is a fun track to chill and do laps and races at. I just hate those sausage curbs.

Back