GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,847 comments
The car being showcased at Goodwood is the Nissan Skyline '87 car. Ugh the C races are at the Kyoto park. I hope the fuel and tire intake will be enough. I need to be careful this week.

Update: My mom is going to the ER Thursday or Friday. So we have some neighbors that are gonna stay with me while she's gone. Hopefully this week of races will keep me occupied.

So it's Gr4 at Kyoto after all... One stop, RM, beautiful sunset, what an amazing track and a great race.

First attempt, I drove couple of quali laps, set a 1:40.3, that gave me the second starting position, but the race pace was great, not a single mistake, clean overtake on the first placed guy, stop at the end of lap 6 and drove to the end quite relaxed.

1719216039078.jpg

So it's Gr4 at Kyoto after all... One stop, RM, beautiful sunset, what an amazing track and a great race.

First attempt, I drove couple of quali laps, set a 1:40.3, that gave me the second starting position, but the race pace was great, not a single mistake, clean overtake on the first placed guy, stop at the end of lap 6 and drove to the end quite relaxed.

View attachment 1367319

There was a gr4 race B of the a few weeks back, agree wonderful track and I got a shed loads of wins on, looks like you are on your way too!

👌

So... There's a reason Dragon Trail Gardens looks strange to me. The last time we ran it in Daily Race B (which is all I run), back in December of last year, we ran it in reverse. The time before that was August of last year - not reverse, however it was Gr.4.

Here's the history of Gardens at Daily Race B:

1719218130040.png

Here's Daily Race C:

1719218221462.png

And to be thorough, here's the combined history:

1719218365233.png

There was a gr4 race B of the a few weeks back, agree wonderful track and I got a shed loads of wins on, looks like you are on your way too!

👌
Yeah, I was also milking that race nicely, but there were setups allowed, so the Genesis and the Lambo were even quicker, if I remember correctly I got a 1:39.2 with the Lambo in quali, and won a bunch of races. Pure enjoyment to race on this circuit, a real pure racing track, even though it's fictional :D

@GrumpyOldMan Dragon Trail Gardens looks fine to me, but it is incredibly twisty and complex at times. I have to pay close attention to the sausage curbs because riding up on the curb upsets the balance of my car and causes it to do a wheelie.

Crap, I was gonna that Nissan car for Goodwood and they are sold out of it in the used car dealership.

What is that god awful noise in the Nissan???? Link a high pitched bong, bong, bong???

I got you at DT, 1'35.399.

@Silver_Wolf hey man, how are you coming along in gt7?

This weeks race A feels like it has the potential to be a really good race, suprisingly fun car to drive (albeit ugly) on a track which always makes great races. The only problem is it's race A and they're normally a ghost town.
I wanted to write nearly the same. It's a fun drive, at least in qualifying. 1:30.6 #lunchbreakracing, and at least half a second still to gain.

I'm very interested to see how the actual races will go. The track has lots of opportunities for bad behaviour... like leaning to pass and pushing other drivers onto the lawn, or smashing someone into the chicane wall...😬

Oh, and, not unexpectedly PD has again managed to take the car out of the used car dealership right before it's needed in a race...🥳

Last edited:
I'm very interested to see how the actual races will go. The track has lots of opportunities for bad behaviour... like leaning to pass and pushing other drivers onto the lawn, or smashing someone into the chicane wall...😬
I hopped into the 5:20 AM EDT race this morning to give it a go. Unsurprisingly for that time of day, there were only 9 cars in the lobby. DRs ranging from A+ down to C.

On lap 1, I was blasted off the track at St. Mary's by a driver who forgot to brake. Then as soon as I caught up and got by a straggler, they ran me into the wall at the chicane. Same awful driver both times.

Hope you all have better luck in your races.

I hopped into the 5:20 AM EDT race this morning to give it a go. Unsurprisingly for that time of day, there were only 9 cars in the lobby. DRs ranging from A+ down to C.

On lap 1, I was blasted off the track at St. Mary's by a driver who forgot to brake. Then as soon as I caught up and got by a straggler, they ran me into the wall at the chicane. Same awful driver both times.

Hope you all have better luck in your races.
Thanks a lot. Yep, that's what I would expect there...

I have complained about that stupid speed noise above 65mph in the group I'm in! I love little details but we're racing not on the public highway so it's a necessity not needed. Was properly irritating to me this morning personally so wish I could turn it off, I imagine people who suffer more with unique sounds will hate this a lot.

Even so better than last week at least I think, and at least the rolling starts are fine!

I have complained about that stupid speed noise above 65mph in the group I'm in! I love little details but we're racing not on the public highway so it's a necessity not needed. Was properly irritating to me this morning personally so wish I could turn it off, I imagine people who suffer more with unique sounds will hate this a lot.
So, which would you rather jettison from the game?
  • Horns. You hate them.
  • The Bell Bong. Annoying to no end.

Thank you - I always look forward to your videos!

Even so better than last week at least I think, and at least the rolling starts are fine!

Not sure about you guys, but we have 65mph on highways here… nobody does 65..🤫

What nutbagger thought this was useful on a car 😂

Not sure about you guys, but we have 65mph on highways here… nobody does 65..🤫

What nutbagger thought this was useful on a car 😂
Haha it's like that in the UK to be fair! Although sometimes you're better of chilling at 64 than going with the flow of traffic. A motorway near me the norm is 90mph!

But ye it's a bit mad to have it on in the first place, even more so for a racing game haha!

Looking like it'll be Race B for me this week. Should see a little bit of variation at the top. Can't remember the last time I drove around Gardens.

Idk if I’ll actually try Race A this week, but for what it’s worth, I just set a time of 1:31.149, which seems to put me in the top 200 - at least for now.

I was so done with the Gr.4 last week, especially after watching them turn 1:07s on TV yesterday, that I made a 30 lap, 16 car Gr.1 race at Laguna Seca and ran it with RS, fuel 4X, tires 4X and a tuned Gr.1 just to get my aggression out. It was fun having to pit because you actually needed it.
It was a lot of fun to drive but the competition is no where close to the level of live racing.

Last edited:
What nutbagger thought this was useful on a car ?
In Japan in the 80s, highway speed did not get much higher than 80 kmh (49mph) whereas 65mph = 104 kph, so the chime was not pointless but a warning of possible hazard.
Speed laws were very strict/heavy in those days, heavy fines and jail time/loss of driving privileges.

Last edited:
In Japan in the 80s, highway speed did not get much higher than 80 kmh (49mph) whereas 65mph = 104 kph, so the chime was not pointless but a warning of possible hazard.
See this where unintended consequences start to pop up. Because I can imagine that in cities etc you may not hear it often in other areas you could potentially hear it quite a lot....looking at the drifters...

So what do people do, just find the fuse for it and pull it out.

Back