GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,534 comments
Firstly, we politely refuse the plate of rats saying we are full and had enough of them.

Secondly we typically don't patiently queue for plates of rats...

The solution is to race and ignore the rats.

The scenario you paint is some how this has become Call of Turismo when it's nothing more than a few bad apples, a few clumsy people.

Us eu peeps get to race with some of the most publicly notorious offenders yet we look and laugh. It's one thing to be rammed a bit and it ruins a race it's another thing to hold a grudge and go all vigilante.

You reep what you sow, the key is not to sow in their fields. You hit them you go on their list and eventually the whole world is blind.

Realise it's a game and sometimes you get lobbies you'd rather not be in.

But mostly let's not start pointing stereo types at people :/
lol the joke about your politeness supposed to be a joke.

There is difference between clumsy and dirty. Clumsy people are meh, but I am clumsy sometimes, everyone makes mistake, but people who intentionally ram are not clumsy.

I think the reason why the EU has more notorious people is there are more well know streamers in the EU. Again considering I never use my main to enact revenge I doubt people being dirty to my main with no prior interaction are going after me because I act vigilante.

the simple fact , if people dont want on the list, they dont drive dirty. People drive dirty because it gives them an advantage with basically no repercussions, if you can knock them back in DR they are not your problem anymore.

Sigh.

Stay classy.

Who has a punt list? I race frequently with a few drivers who are on the meme list and never once has it ever entered my mind to play them at their own game.

People annoy us, yes, yes they do but and I mean this sincerely what good does it do punting an over zealous, less skilled driver other than make them think it's all tit for tat :/

I have a low tolerance for retaliation. I have a high tolerance for gently running people wider than I could have but it's measured so everyone stays whole.
A punt list shouldn’t entail the overzealous, or anyone whose mistakes may be construed as honest.

However!
There is the pit you on the straights kind of person, who takes out half the field, and if upset, becomes a flaming billiard ball. While i wont mess up my race for them. Its good to know who they are and be ready. Dunno, i grew up playing hockey, we’re a self policing people.

Damn I'm tired. I was playing gt7 on my couch and next thing I know I woke up at almost 5pm with my controller off to the side, i probably slept 8 or 9 hours.

DT Gardens is a fun track to chill and do laps and races at. I just hate those sausage curbs.
Chris mate I really think you need to speak to someone if you can about getting support staff in. It's not normal or healthy to be playing til you pass out. If you can, it'll improve you and your families quality of life tenfold.

There's obviously a lot you have to do support around your house, and there's no shame in asking for help.

I drove one race A on my practice account to test the waters, and, surprise: it was fair and clean. Mostly. Went without QT from P12 to finish P4, missing the podium by half a second. Yes, sometimes someone gets pushed aside a bit onto the grass, but I've seen no ill will and no retaliation acts. It helps that the car stays controllable on the grass and you don't lose too much time.

Sure, one race is only a small sample size, but: it's good fun. Highly recommended. PD nailed the combo, probably by a stroke of luck.

IMG_4470.jpeg

And: practice helps a lot. Because there's two main methods of gaining positions:
1. Staying on track. Simple.
2. Getting good exits out of the chicane and out of the tight right hander onto the back straight.

Last edited:
I gave Race A another go this afternoon. This time it was a full(er) lobby. I was the lone DR A driver in a field of DR Bs. SR ranged from S to C. Started in P7 with the mediocre 1:36s QT I'd posted after a couple of laps of qualifying early this morning.

This race went better than this morning's. I still got punted a couple times, but only lightly -- so I only lost a single position each time I went off the track. Still managed to climb my way up to a P4 finish.

I'll take it, though I can't say I enjoyed it. Think I'll take a pass on that for the rest of the week.

I gave Race A another go this afternoon. This time it was a full(er) lobby. I was the lone DR A driver in a field of DR Bs. SR ranged from S to C. Started in P7 with the mediocre 1:36s QT I'd posted after a couple of laps of qualifying early this morning.

This race went better than this morning's. I still got punted a couple times, but only lightly -- so I only lost a single position each time I went off the track. Still managed to climb my way up to a P4 finish.

I'll take it, though I can't say I enjoyed it. Think I'll take a pass on that for the rest of the week.
I had only one chance of getting pushed off the track in the race I described above. Just dabbed the brake to let the other driver pass, then chased him and gained the position back.

Took the NSX Gr.4 and its 1:42.615 QT to Kyoto.

Race 1: Started P8. Made some boneheaded mistakes and opted to abuse my tires to make up ground. Took on a new set at the end of Lap 6. Finished P9.

Race 2: Started P10. Got hip-checked into the barriers on Lap 1, and was P16 (last) for a while. Decided to use the 'abuse tires and pit at the end of Lap 6' strat again. Finished P12.

Race 3: Started P6. Massacre at my favorite hairpin on Lap 1. I tagged a Ferrari. An Aston tagged me. Found myself in P13, cursing my airheadedness. Went with the same pit strat, and nabbed a Fastest Lap on my recovery drive to a P7.

Race 4: Started P7. Got very, very lucky avoiding accidents and slower cars. Had a decent gap behind me, and decided to stick to my pit strat. Brought home a P2 podium.

Race 5: Started P8. Misjudged my braking and almost ruined a Megane's race at my favorite hairpin. Thankfully they were able to avoid me. I did the same pit strat as before, finished behind the Megane I almost murdered, and grabbed a P3 podium.

Race 6: Started P13. Fun race. After my usual pit, I found myself in a tight group of four cars fighting for P5. Finished P8.

full

Not a bad afternoon. Kyoto's awesome, and will most likely be my go-to race this week. Mostly clean racing, and I only finished one race outside of P10. I probably didn't need to change tires, but it kept working, so I kept doing it.

fd5LeDE.gif

I know this doesn't really mean anything, but it's not every day I can say this:

1719268559477.png

@Tidgney -

I've attached a tab-separated file with all the daily races. You have my permission to do whatever you want with it, no attribution needed. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• GT7 Daily Races.tsv.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 6
@Moose78 welcome back to racing with us! How do you like DT-Gardens? I got a good time there.

@GrumpyOldMan I'm shocked I beat Glen by a very small margin. Do you normally post replays of your laps? I'm at 1'35.399 and I need a guide or comparison of how to improve. I'm also using the Porsche.

@Sum1s2pid how's Goodwood?

Last edited:
I did my first race at DT and I actually did pretty well, finished in 2nd. I did lead Lap 2 but the P2 player overtook me and led the rest of the race, sigh. So I missed another opportunity to get a win. I do notice this track is more easier to get a solid lap time, I beat Glen by a small inkling, 1'35.399. I don't know how those aliens got times in the 1'31.000's and 1'32.000's unless they used a wheel and MT/trail braking.

@fisheye no I don't TBH, sorry. What do you need them for, to tune your car?

@Sum1s2pid yeah, that last chicane is a time killer for me, no matter how much speed I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think race B is going to be fine this week, I managed a 1.33.xxx which sticks me 6th, had a couple of guys nipping at my boot, a rather large bump which I hold onto but this Spanish guy passes me only for me to get inside of him on the bends and gently put him back in his place, finished fifth, not sure if this week will be another punt fest or if I need to get to BS and stay there, I’m at BA currently! Roll on the weekend

The optional BBS wheels look a lot better than the standard wheels on the bing bong skyline. Race B and C don't look to interesting this week.

So something strange just happened....

I was right at the top of DR B... Like 99.99% full (only late last week I got dropped down from DR A again but had a great day yesterday and was right on the bubble as expected)

Did the B race this morning at DT, finished 2nd. DR up, great. Should have been due a rise up to DR A

But now I'm right at the bottom of DR B?
1904e5bb9d734-screenshotUrl.jpg

Screenshot_20240625_084658_edit_22061273119916.jpg

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Maybe because of SR?

I remember reading a long time ago that you cannot advance to a certain DR if your SR is low, not sure if it's correct?

Maybe because of SR?

I remember reading a long time ago that you cannot advance to a certain DR if your SR is low, not sure if it's correct?
That would be fine keep me at DRB with 29,600 points or whatever then, but dropping me almost 20,000 driver points?

According to GT7 website:

Please note, however, that unless your Sportsmanship Rating meets the required standard, your Driver Rating will not increase, even if your results are very good.

It doesnt say anything about completely nerfing your DR because of a couple of rally races you did the week before. If I'd have known that, I would have done a couple of steady races from the back in fresh air in order to get CRB before the push to get back to DR A.

Whatever it is, it's stupid.

Took the NSX Gr.4 and its 1:42.615 QT to Kyoto.

Race 1: Started P8. Made some boneheaded mistakes and opted to abuse my tires to make up ground. Took on a new set at the end of Lap 6. Finished P9.

Race 2: Started P10. Got hip-checked into the barriers on Lap 1, and was P16 (last) for a while. Decided to use the 'abuse tires and pit at the end of Lap 6' strat again. Finished P12.

Race 3: Started P6. Massacre at my favorite hairpin on Lap 1. I tagged a Ferrari. An Aston tagged me. Found myself in P13, cursing my airheadedness. Went with the same pit strat, and nabbed a Fastest Lap on my recovery drive to a P7.

Race 4: Started P7. Got very, very lucky avoiding accidents and slower cars. Had a decent gap behind me, and decided to stick to my pit strat. Brought home a P2 podium.

Race 5: Started P8. Misjudged my braking and almost ruined a Megane's race at my favorite hairpin. Thankfully they were able to avoid me. I did the same pit strat as before, finished behind the Megane I almost murdered, and grabbed a P3 podium.

Race 6: Started P13. Fun race. After my usual pit, I found myself in a tight group of four cars fighting for P5. Finished P8.

full

Not a bad afternoon. Kyoto's awesome, and will most likely be my go-to race this week. Mostly clean racing, and I only finished one race outside of P10. I probably didn't need to change tires, but it kept working, so I kept doing it.

fd5LeDE.gif
I had been changing tires but on my last race on lap 7 I was P4 and went into the pits right behind P3. I wanted to beat him out of the pits so I did a drive through. By lap 10 I was wide everywhere and getting passed by everyone. No off-course but finished 10th. From now on, I’m changing tires. On a long race I think the time gain of a drive through is minimal.

That would be fine keep me at DRB with 29,600 points or whatever then, but dropping me almost 20,000 driver points?

According to GT7 website:

Please note, however, that unless your Sportsmanship Rating meets the required standard, your Driver Rating will not increase, even if your results are very good.

It doesnt say anything about completely nerfing your DR because of a couple of rally races you did the week before. If I'd have known that, I would have done a couple of steady races from the back in fresh air in order to get CRB before the push to get back to DR A.

Whatever it is, it's stupid.

Yep, it's because your SR rating was B. When you leveled uo to A it saw a B SR rating and it drops you all the way back to the beginning of what your SR rating is. You got boned my man

I had been changing tires but on my last race on lap 7 I was P4 and went into the pits right behind P3. I wanted to beat him out of the pits so I did a drive through. By lap 10 I was wide everywhere and getting passed by everyone. No off-course but finished 10th. From now on, I’m changing tires. On a long race I think the time gain of a drive through is minimal.

Ha I had the same plan. Only 2 of us A+ in a lobby full of B and even c drivers. Me and strickleevr were battling it out for 1st and I went for a no tire change strategy in the Audi with half a bar on the front right. Moved the BB -2 to the rear and last lap I had no front tire. Lost 2nd and finished 4th and lost some DR. Lesson learned

You still have your points. It's a display bug. Get your SR up to A or better and you'll see it change to DR A too.

Oh wow I didn't know that's how it works. reading rainbow gif

Last edited:
So something strange just happened....

I was right at the top of DR B... Like 99.99% full (only late last week I got dropped down from DR A again but had a great day yesterday and was right on the bubble as expected)

Did the B race this morning at DT, finished 2nd. DR up, great. Should have been due a rise up to DR A

But now I'm right at the bottom of DR B? View attachment 1367551

View attachment 1367552

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
How did you access that page, I went to Kudosprime to try to get my page and I couldn't find anything. My DR went up 50% which is okay but that's not a drop in the bucket.

That worked, thanks @Famine !!!! Was getting panicky there.

Despite my best attempts to gain SR, I had this twice in one race (luckily I got CRB).... The initial hit was fine (probably) , the follow through on the exit was blatant though

And then this, after letting me past

Ugh!!!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I made two separate conversations because only 10 members can be allowed per one, so...whoever gets a notification please check asap. I have some videos I recorded for my MT runs, I need some advice.

I have made a huge change switching to MT starting Sunday morning. I wonder how long it will take more me to learn. I also brought my TCS down to 1-2 for better exit speeds from each corner and turn. My DR has slipped; I was at a high level C two months ago and now I'm back down to a mid-D. How discouraging and disappointing.

All that hard work down the drain, :(

I got 20 clean races out of 30 a month ago, what happened? Man, I wish I had a roommate that was a racing expert, :)

What are the odds, my SR is at an S but my DR is at a D, wth? Even though I work hard to the best of my ability, :(
I have always been independent most of my life, but now in the racing world is where I need a hand/advice.

Last edited:
Oh wow I didn't know that's how it works. reading rainbow gif
You improved your DR to A, your bar is OK, but the game displays DR B because of your SR B. And the website/app you use to calculate the points takes the screenshot into consideration or whatever, it still calculates the points by the bar progress and the letter B, so it seems like you lost a bunch of points, and in reality, you just need to improve your SR and you will be fine.

All joking aside, I think PD are probably oblivious to the negative impact the 'Bing-Bong' is having on the participation numbers!
The "Bing bong" is just noise that can be tuned out, there is no appreciable negative impact

That worked, thanks @Famine !!!! Was getting panicky there.

Despite my best attempts to gain SR, I had this twice in one race (luckily I got CRB).... The initial hit was fine (probably) , the follow through on the exit was blatant though

And then this, after letting me past

Ugh!!!!

Yep pretty poor but justice was served by re entering the track too soon and being put into the wall

Hey everyone, I made two separate conversations because only 10 members can be allowed per one, so...whoever gets a notification please check asap. I have some videos I recorded for my MT runs, I need some advice.

I have made a huge change switching to MT starting Sunday morning. I wonder how long it will take more me to learn. I also brought my TCS down to 1-2 for better exit speeds from each corner and turn. My DR has slipped; I was at a high level C two months ago and now I'm back down to a mid-D. How discouraging and disappointing.

All that hard work down the drain, :(

I got 20 clean races out of 30 a month ago, what happened? Man, I wish I had a roommate that was a racing expert, :)

What are the odds, my SR is at an S but my DR is at a D, wth? Even though I work hard to the best of my ability, :(
I have always been independent most of my life, but now in the racing world is where I need a hand/advice.

You need to qualify good enough to finish in the top 6, which will sort your DR then CRB will sort your SR, that’s how I see it, but I’m not too bothered by DR and SR, you level out generally with where your driving is at - in my opinion

Back