GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,847 comments
@Nakano219

Good idea. I think that's where most of Sport Mode is failing at. They don't watch the Sportsmanship video which is required to take part in online races.

And another thing PD should do, make a system where if any driver rams, punts, swideswipe anyone or break any rules their car disappears and they are immediately disqualified from the race.

@Talon16 do you agree?
Yes. I've also said something similar... if a driver accrues more than 5.0s worth of pens in a race they see a black flag and are booted from the race.

I'd also be okay with a penalty point system as they have in real racing. Every 5s worth of pen time and you get two points on your "license" and they stay on your account for the next 20 races. Accrue more than 5 points and you get banned from the game for a week.

I am just pulling those numbers out of my butt, but you get the idea.

Daily B is such a boring race, did my first ones on an alt account today, if mistakes are not made its just follow each other around. Watched a replay back of one race, there were no overtakes, a few places were made up by some of the field because of 3 DNFs.

After a few races I gave up and tried some more QT laps and did a 🦄 time of
1.27.708. Went to my main account to try and replicate but it was all in vain.

19041c5264d78-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I tried braking earlier for T1 and the corkscrew, and lo and behold, I finally improved my time.
Annoyingly, there's a couple of tenths to gain in the last few corners!
190423204ca72-screenshotUrl.jpg

Started P2, win was pure luck due P1 sliding wide coming out of the corkscrew. I feel bad winning in the meta though ☹️ Just nothing else fast enough.
1904241016595-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of my biggest things.

People don't understand that taking the inside line means taking the inside exit not running wide to the curb!!!
If you drift out wide, you've lost the advantage of the inside line. I take 1 gear lower and slower. Thats not to say that I haven't missed that correct speed at times but thats no different than any other timing mark you miss throughout a race.

This weeks race B was where I decided to run this week. And knowing that the G70 was going to be the main choice, I wanted to try some different cars first. So my first choice was the GT-R. Not a bad choice but it seemed to be down on the speed side. But with some time spent turning laps, you can get to the front.

My next choice was the Bugatti. It didn't take me long to beat my time in the GT-R. It seemed to be a little faster out of the turns but if you miss your mark, it will bite you.

The G70 is next and it lives up to the hype.

Left it late in the week but I got there in the end 🤣🤣 Managed to get quali down to 1.29.399 but I really hate this G70, I don't know why but I don't like it at all

Attachments

• 20240623_161651.jpg
    20240623_161651.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240623_161723.jpg
    20240623_161723.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 1
I don't think I'll be doing many races today at L.S. and Colorado Springs. I gotta get geared up for this week. I'm gonna have fun at Goodwood this coming week. My mom fell on the bathroom floor this morning, she was so drowsy that she fell off the toilet, I ran and helped her get in the bed and gave her some water. So I'm gonna be curbing my time this week. Just luckily she did not break anything, her nose was bleeding a little bit though. I'm traumatized and shaken up.

I don't think I'll be doing many races today at L.S. and Colorado Springs. I gotta get geared up for this week. I'm gonna have fun at Goodwood this coming week. My mom fell on the bathroom floor this morning, she was so drowsy that she fell off the toilet, I ran and helped her get in the bed and gave her some water. So I'm gonna be curbing my time this week. Just luckily she did not break anything, her nose was bleeding a little bit though. I'm traumatized and shaken up.
Chris, you need to speak to some support workers. I'm saying this publicly so that I hope it encourages others to encourage you to do the same thing.

There is help available for you and your mom you just need to go and get it.

Left it late in the week but I got there in the end 🤣🤣 Managed to get quali down to 1.29.399 but I really hate this G70, I don't know why but I don't like it at all
I’m with ya on that one brother but it’s a winner. There are a lot of cars that I feel more comfortable and faster in but my numbers and results say otherwise 🤷🏻‍♂️. It seems like I’m always in the wrong gear in the G70.

Last edited:
We are looking at some agencies and organizations that can get us some help, there is so much work to do around our huge apartment, it's only me and her. So I have to work my gt7 time around chores and our monthly budget. Life is hard when you're an adult. They make you think it's easy when you're a kid. But we're gonna get some help this week hopefully, I'll keep you all posted on the updates. I hope to have fun at DT and Goodwood this week, maybe that will get my mind occupied and not worried so much. I'd like to get my DR up to a C also.

We are looking at some agencies and organizations that can get us some help, there is so much work to do around our huge apartment, it's only me and her. So I have to work my gt7 time around chores and our monthly budget. Life is hard when you're an adult. They make you think it's easy when you're a kid. But we're gonna get some help this week hopefully, I'll keep you all posted on the updates. I hope to have fun at DT and Goodwood this week, maybe that will get my mind occupied and not worried so much. I'd like to get my DR up to a C also.
Just like being an adult, “C” ain’t all it’s cracked up to be 😬.
Hang in there!!!

I’m with ya on that one brother but it’s a winner. There are a lot of cars that I feel more comfortable and faster in but my numbers and results say otherwise 🤷🏻‍♂️. It seems like I’m always in the wrong gear in the G70.
I much prefer the GTR but it's just too slow. I tried the 458 and the 155 but same thing. The G70 just seems heavy and sluggish and the brakes are poor. Maybe it's just me 🙈

I much prefer the GTR but it's just too slow. I tried the 458 and the 155 but same thing. The G70 just seems heavy and sluggish and the brakes are poor. Maybe it's just me 🙈
I think the problem with it is that you can’t tell that it's fast. It’s that car that you keep getting speeding tickets in for doing 90 when you feel like you’re doing 60. That’s why, initially, I kept putting it in the sand, trying to carry too much speed. It’s a very boring car to drive, but I get tired of finishing 10th in other cars so I keep going back to it.

Last edited:
I think the problem with it is that you can’t tell that it's fast. It’s that car that you keep getting speeding tickets in for doing 90 when you feel like you’re doing 60. That’s why, initially, I kept putting it in the sand, trying to carry too much speed. It’s a very boring car to drive, but I get tired of finishing 10th in other cars so I keep going back to it.
That's so true across the whole GR4 range

Short shifting feels counter intuitive but it's faster as you wind on continuous speed and minimise gear changes. As you get quicker it is less of a thing as that's just how you extract the times.

In race normal driving mostly applies.

That's so true across the whole GR4 range

Short shifting feels counter intuitive but it's faster as you wind on continuous speed and minimise gear changes. As you get quicker it is less of a thing as that's just how you extract the times.

In race normal driving mostly applies.
That's about it. I am also weaning myself off TCS, I always used it on 1 or 2 but the last few days I have been working on not using it at all. I suppose it feels slow because I am more conscious about throttle inputs. I have actually been doing a lot of laps of the Nurburgring in the 911 gt3 with no assists to try and teach myself better driving.

The g70, and laguna, make an interesting combo to turn off abs and try to dial in that left foot. Pretty sure im not going to dare a race but its been an interesting afternoon nonetheless

My wife's reply to me... "How would you know, you're still playing computer games" (my reply "its not a game, its a Sim").
I feel like I'm at school, I have to monitor my game time everyday, or else I'll get punished. My household is more important. Well 10-11 more hours of daily race action and then the tracks will switch/rotate positions. So, good luck everyone. I'm doing okay, my mom is too, she just woke up in the bed.

I think I'll stick with the time I got at L.S.

1'30.718 is the best I've ever done in a Group 4 car, so I'm happy with that achievement!

I hope it will be enough fuel though for that race, Goodwood is one of my favorite tracks, mostly because of the field, scenery and buildings/farm structures out there, not to mention the people, audience watching us race, :)

So I’ve been in a couple of these weird starts from the back but in this one, I was the recipient in P1. I reviewed the attached video from the P3 car to see what happened. I won in a Scirroco, unchallenged which a few days later made me question the win. P2 ended up starting :14 seconds late in the position that P9 normally starts in 🤷🏻‍♂️…hey, I’m not complaining, I’m just wondering how I can get a few more of those.

Just saw something I haven’t seen this week at Laguna Seca until today, 27 cars just came through turn 2 unscathed and then single file through the cork-screw…must be IndyCar 😎 AND they’re :23 seconds per lap faster

Last edited:
Decided to get in some more Daily Race B and C shenanigans before the new dailies dropped.

Daily Race B: I did six races in the NSX. Couldn't improve on my 1:29.534 QT. My best start was one P6 (worst was one P12). My best finish was one P6* (worst was one P15, last after a DNF). I finished P10 or better two times (P6 and P8).

*I swear the Alfa 155 started to slide before I bonked them:

Daily Race C: I did six races in the GR86. I started the first three races with a 2:10.498 QT, and the last three with an improved 2:10.138. My best start was one P7 (worst was one P10). My best finish was one P8* (worst was one P13). I finished P10 or better three times (P8, P9, and P10).

*I mucked up a potential P6:

Long day. Some of the today's races were surprisingly clean. Most were not. If I took the racing line, I'd get lunged. If I covered the inside, I'd get bonked. Despite making more solo unforced errors than I'd care to admit and having a lot of poor finishes, I held on to B/S by a thread all day.

JMV7IKoqzxlrW.webp

Last edited:
I don’t know if anyone watched the IndyCar race from Laguna Seca today but, at the end it got pretty crazy. 3 wide in the cork-screw, inside line on T2 drifting wide on exit, guys were airborne in the dirt at Rainey, lots of passing on the entrance to 8A, etc.etc.
What I noticed was that if you made the attempt at a pass (inside or outside), it generally went uncontested, most likely because it’s open wheel and if you deny it, you both lose.
It was pretty cool to watch after the B races this week.

Back