GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,741 comments
I think I reached level 50 last year, around Summer 2023. Do you have a good tune I could use, after my tuning, I was only able to get my Jimny at 407PP, so I have 13 more points to spare. And some people keep mentioning about the engine swaps, I thought we weren't allowed to use them in the daily races, especially for tuned races.
Yeah, apparently you need to swap engines to be competitive there.
I haven't tried it yet. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow morning, since it's a day off for me.

And some people keep mentioning about the engine swaps, I thought we weren't allowed to use them in the daily races, especially for tuned races.
Normally you aren't. This week you are. The races don't run to the same regulations all the time, which is why we write an article with all the details in every Monday.

Well I'm gonna have to figure out this workaround, as long as PD made it that way, I'm cool with it. So off I go to racing!!

Yeah, it was a D lobby, 16 players and only 10 finished the race 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m still trying to find how to best react between not hitting anyone and not backing up if I’m being challenged, for me I was trying to hold my line and he was bumping all over me, but critique taken and honestly that’s what I wanted, thank you 😊

Did try that chicane tactic but was dive bombed 🤷🏻‍♂️ anyways thanks for your input too, really much appreciated 😊

I’m trying to improve my racing “etiquette”, not wanting to ruin anyone else’s race nor mine; it’s a delicate balance between keeping your line and know how and when to defend or attack. Still much to learn.

Thanks again!
No worries. Racing against people is hard! We make mistakes, get angry, hold grudges, etc. Practice makes better.

If you let someone else make a mistake all on their own, they usually will.

And while I won't condone getting revenge on a dirty/aggressive driver, I'll understand*. 😅

deadpool-k-ill-him.png

Last edited:
funny how I can't remember your name, been on c s in Europe for a lot of races.
do they really put the same drivers together...hmm I mean,are we all on different Servers, so that we might' meet at 2am on a Tuesday. ?

☝️what he said , about race c☝️ race b is my hate track. but fukkie (lol) is also right, with adjustments and the right car, it can be done,but don't expect it to be fun. worst week ever for me in Gran turismo and I have not much else in my life besides the bestest doggie...I don't even play other games
I have been around a while but we have just restored our house so I had nowhere to put my little rig until a few weeks ago. I am making up for lost time 🤣 plus I am off alcohol for a while as my wife is heavily pregnant so have to be good 🙈 feel free to add me on PSN: paul_smith-91 👍. I'm actually going OK in B/S at the moment but I'm pretty sure I will end up back at C before long 😅

Last edited:
I genuinely can't understand how A/S or high B/S can't navigate or brake for a hairpin on one of the most used daily combos. It blows my mind.

It's a weak place to overtake as you are hung out on turn 2. But just the fact the ability to swear word anticipate some braking should be part and parcel of being an S driver let alone a rated...

/rant

@Tidgney i know you have a lot of content and vids and stuff you are working through.

But.....if a video on how to start a race and how with rolling starts their is a concertina effect would be massively appreciated. People listen to you, they won't listen or see my low production value content on stuff like this.

Last edited:
No worries. Racing against people is hard! We make mistakes, get angry, hold grudges, etc. Practice makes better.

If you let someone else make a mistake all on their own, they usually will.

And while I won't condone getting revenge on a dirty/aggressive driver, I'll understand*. 😅

deadpool-k-ill-him.png
Hey, I recognize that guy, he's Deadpool!

Back on topic with the daily racing though. I remember watching that movie.

I understand what you mean.
Very early in GT7 there was an A race that used a BMW M3. If you swapped the engine, you could slaughter all the other drivers who used the stock engine. I was fortunate enough to to be one of the few who had won the upgraded engine on the roulette wheel.
I easily won several races, then quit.
First of all, it isn't very fun to do the races without other cars to compete with. Secondly, I felt guilty for curb stomping all the other drivers who just hadn't been lucky enough to win the right engine.
I remember that one. Alsace, right? Had a very good qualifying result, which of course didn't say much about my abilities because of the circumstances. At least I had a handful of entertaining races with some drivers who had the engine swap as well, and even a couple of wins.

However, a long time ago, they made a change to allow anyone to buy any of the swappable engines at any time.
Whomever has 100k credits to spend, can get the necessary engine for the Jimny at the same place where you change oil and purchase the widebodies. 👍
I didn't know about that, because I'm an idiot. Thanks for your kind assistance for the elderly.🤣

Edit: I did two races A today. One pole win against only two engine swappers, but in the next race I started against the then worldwide P1. Within one and a half laps, he was out of sight. It's not the engine alone...🤭

Last edited:
I remember that one. Alsace, right? Had a very good qualifying result, which of course didn't say much about my abilities because of the circumstances. At least I had a handful of entertaining races with some drivers who had the engine swap as well, and even a couple of wins.

I didn't know about that, because I'm an idiot. Thanks for your kind assistance for the elderly.🤣
You're not an idiot, we all don't know things around here at GT. Did you get the engine swap yet, or correct tuning? I may need some assistance later in the week. You know I have not done any regular Alsace Village races online other than the Test Course layout.

You're not an idiot, we all don't know things around here at GT.
Well, I exaggerated. Slightly.😆

Did you get the engine swap yet, or correct tuning? I may need some assistance later in the week. You know I have not done any regular Alsace Village races online other than the Test Course layout.
I have the engine swap, had once won it in the daily roulette. Went with @MOPARbarrett5 's tuning first, then tamed it a bit according to @Tidgney 's video tips. Thanks a lot to both of you!🍻

Dammit you guys! I step away for a day or so, and there's 3 pages of posts to read. Don't y'all know you have to put your lives on hold until I'm ready to jump back in?

Sheesh, it's only midday on Tuesday and I feel like I'm a week behind. Time to get to work, although I hate Nürburgring GP. No, stop that - no negativity! I love this track. :rolleyes:

Dammit you guys! I step away for a day or so, and there's 3 pages of posts to read. Don't y'all know you have to put your lives on hold until I'm ready to jump back in?

Sheesh, it's only midday on Tuesday and I feel like I'm a week behind. Time to get to work, although I hate Nürburgring GP. No, stop that - no negativity! I love this track. :rolleyes:
I stay away from Nürburgring like the plague, I don’t know that I have the mental faculties to remember that many turns… not that 15 laps anywhere is a picnic 😵‍💫🔫

Lol, my reason is for my gt7 addiction. I've been logged in for 423 days. A week behind? Oh, have you been working on your project? I'm so behind on reading the old pages I may have to skip pages 1-500. My time is limited now. I love NurbGP too and my goal is to get a sub 1'57.000 there. I've been up since 3:30am.

I wonder how I can access Grantracker without having to download it, because I don't want to download it on my laptop and get a virus on it.

Anyway welcome back. My nose is stuffy, I hope I don't have a cold.

Got there eventually but only just!! It's tough racing, completely different to last night 😵‍💫😵‍💫 Halfway through B, am hanging on in there 😅

Attachments

• 20240709_212207.jpg
    20240709_212207.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240709_212252.jpg
    20240709_212252.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240709_212801.jpg
    20240709_212801.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 8
It’ll probably take me until GT 8 is out to reach 1000 races.
And I think is the thing i struggle with the most.

I speak as a player of the game from the first to this one but have many many miles and racing miles in this game and others.

I get it now, but it's been a journey and is still a journey.

So when I offer advice or videos it definitely comes from a place of experience to help
People. I also think people don't quite understand the game but that is what it is.

I've platinum the game, done over 5k races online.

Im just trying to help

I doubt I'll ever reach 5,000 races, it depends on how long PD keeps gt7 open and alive. Well we can't dwell on the past about what PD should have done to make gt7 more fun and interesting, we have to accept what's been provided for us.

Last edited:
I stay away from Nürburgring like the plague
I absolutely love Nürburgring Nordschleife - I never thought I'd learn all the turns, but it was actually fairly easy for me.

But Nürburgring GP? I just tried a few laps and remembered why I hate it. No racing for me this week.
Oh, have you been working on your project?
Different project, plus I'm working my way back into golf, since the cortisone shots are helping my back.
I wonder how I can access Grantracker without having to download it, because I don't want to download it on my laptop and get a virus on it.
I'm insulted. But I can live with it.

I think we had the race together. I started from 6th and was able to pass you when you spun. The guy I then overtook pushed me out 4 corners later and I was 14th
I'm making up for it, 3rd win of the evening 😅🏆 Edit: Make that 4 😅 1 more before bed I think 🤔

Attachments

• 20240709_230310.jpg
    20240709_230310.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240709_230211.jpg
    20240709_230211.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240709_234254.jpg
    20240709_234254.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back