GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,760 comments
I will be 100% honest and say that usually I am a C/S player 99 percent of the time. These last 2 weeks I have read alot of people on here far better than me about the importance of getting a good Qualification time in order to help with progression in the DR battle. I actually had the opposite way of thinking, start at the back and work my way forward. Needless to say, the wiser people on here were dead right and because of their guidance for all I am finding myself fairing out far better than I ever did. That and finally getting my wheel sorted 😅😅 ( software update was a game changer). I suppose my point is that people on here are there to help people like us 👍 If I do make A before the end of the week then i will give @newmedia_dev and @Tidgney a massive virtual hug 😅😅😅👍 Edit: I guess my way of approaching things comes from real life racing, I am or should I say was pretty handy at certain forms of racing, mainly karts and small oval racing, I didn't really care where I started as long as I got to the front 😅😅 even now I get into certain cars that people are complaining about and ask me to try and I can make them work, it makes me completely useless at setting up stuff as I just drive around problems. That's why it's important for the likes of you @Chris30 To read the advice you're given by others...as i am learning too 👍
I’m new to DR-B, my QT is getting me anywhere from mid-grid to back of grid starts. If I start at the back when a pit is required, I usually duck in for a drive through on lap 1. That’s a great strategy if there are a lot of crashes, my second race this morning I started P-13 and finished P-6 which I was pretty happy with.
My third race this morning was a P-12 start and a P-12 finish. Apparently it was a fairly clean race. There were cars ahead of me, out of the pits, that I just wasnt fast enough to catch. I think even if I had qualified better, I would have fallen to faster cars.

Last edited:
I’m new to DR-B, my QT is getting me anywhere from mid-grid to back of grid starts. If I start at the back when a pit is required, I usually duck in for a drive through on lap 1. That’s a great strategy if there are a lot of crashes, my second race this morning I started P-13 and finished P-6 which I was pretty happy with.
My third race this morning was a P-12 start and a P-12 finish. Apparently it was a fairly clean race. There were cars ahead of me, out of the pits, that I just wasnt fast enough to catch. I think even if I had qualified better, I would have fallen to faster cars.
Your last paragraph is interesting. I would have been of the same train of thought too. I think what I have found is that when you are up against people high up on the grid you quickly learn to adapt and try to keep pace, it sounds easy in theory but I have found it very useful to follow someone quicker in a race as you can watch what they are doing and try hard to mimic the same lines. I have consistently done lap times this week in Race B that are comparable to some of the big names in this game in a race setting( I do watch certain streams) that's purely by following and each lap trying to improve what I got wrong on the last one 😅. It doesn't always work, I have spun myself out of the lead twice this week already by trying too hard 🙈🤣

I'm not a driving god, I'm a very silly boy. 😂
Was class all the same 😅

I'm not a driving god, I'm a very silly boy. 😂
Hey, silly boy
Do you know how to tune an MR GR.3 car for this week's B race?
I've been trying some laps in the NSX, and so far I'm 5 seconds behind the world #1, and ranked somewhere around 11,000.
I have no clue how to optimize the suspension. :(

Hey, silly boy
I've been trying some laps in the NSX, and so far I'm 5 seconds behind the world #1, and ranked somewhere around 11,000.
Use my porsche tune on it

IMG_0591.jpeg

Hey, silly boy
I have no idea what I'm doing, I copied somebody else's but the default tune on the 911 is pretty good, Tidgney is about half a second quicker than me without tuning.

Hey guys, quick question about Daily C. I guess you are running the Porsche just like I do but, do you guys change tires?

I'm on controller and I feel like if I don't change tires, I'm gonna be in lots of trouble with almost no meat on the rubber at the end of the race.

Also, changing tires cost how much time?

@mellofello9, yeah I got a PS5 and GT7 early June. Haven't been racing GTS for a long time + new GT7 physics = I'm so slow. Jump into Daily as soon I unlock it from menu book. Started GT7 in DR.A from GTS but I have no pace at all. I like the new physics a lot, dual sense is also great. I quali at the end of the grid whatever race I joined to finally drop to DR.B. This is the better place for me at the moment, I still have lots to learn. Now racing mid-pack with some top 5 finish in Race C. Had lots of fun at Watkins Glenn last week too.

Hope to see you on track, at the opposite end of the field thought.
I can't be of much help on the pit strategy as I haven't raced yet this week, but, pretty sure changing tires costs you around 4-5 secs. I know us controller types pay a significant wear tax so I typically switch 'em out. I'm a bit hammer-fisted, though, so do burn through tires at an accelerated rate. If I don't change the car is usually a drift missile for the last lap or two.

I've been in GT7 for a while now and went through almost the EXACT same thing you did. Love the physics but the weight is tough to navigate at first. At least, that was the biggest challenge for me. Switching back-n-forth between GTS and 7, the cars in GTS almost felt 'flat', for lack of a better term. Hope to see you on the tarmac no matter where we land!:cheers:
1720645406613.png

I did the opposite with the anti roll bar. I didn't touch anything else.
I'll plug in the numbers you've got there and see what happens.
Thank you, sir
Interesting, I also went for standard A/R bar settings for a couple of races and also with standard diff settings, no real difference in lap times but it seemed harder to get out of the turns, personal preference I'm guessing 👍

Hey guys, quick question about Daily C. I guess you are running the Porsche just like I do but, do you guys change tires?

I'm on controller and I feel like if I don't change tires, I'm gonna be in lots of trouble with almost no meat on the rubber at the end of the race.

@mellofello9, yeah I got a PS5 and GT7 early June. Haven't been racing GTS for a long time + new GT7 physics = I'm so slow. Jump into Daily as soon I unlock it from menu book. Started GT7 in DR.A from GTS but I have no pace at all. I like the new physics a lot, dual sense is also great. I quali at the end of the grid whatever race I joined to finally drop to DR.B. This is the better place for me at the moment, I still have lots to learn. Now racing mid-pack with some top 5 finish in Race C. Had lots of fun at Watkins Glenn last week too.

Hey man, you're back!? Remember me from the GTS forums. I bought gt7 back in October 2022, I was waiting until PD fixed all the bugs and glitches before purchasing. GTS feels old now that gt7 took over with popularity.

@mellofello9 Oh, you're doing the C races? I think they may be too intense for me, idk.

Your last paragraph is interesting. I would have been of the same train of thought too. I think what I have found is that when you are up against people high up on the grid you quickly learn to adapt and try to keep pace, it sounds easy in theory but I have found it very useful to follow someone quicker in a race as you can watch what they are doing and try hard to mimic the same lines. I have consistently done lap times this week in Race B that are comparable to some of the big names in this game in a race setting( I do watch certain streams) that's purely by following and each lap trying to improve what I got wrong on the last one 😅. It doesn't always work, I have spun myself out of the lead twice this week already by trying too hard 🙈🤣

Was class all the same 😅
So, I’ve spun also and I know why. When you are following a faster car, individual turns or sectors become faster.
I’ll be faster in and out of turn X which puts me faster into turn Y approach. I’m typically not ready for it and now I’m long on turn Y and late and long on the exit and trying to turn back to the correct line which puts me into oversteer in a very low gear, in the middle of the torque curve. This negates everything I earned on the previous turn and, if I’m being pressed, a guaranteed spin.

Interesting, I also went for standard A/R bar settings for a couple of races and also with standard diff settings, no real difference in lap times but it seemed harder to get out of the turns, personal preference I'm guessing 👍
I just tried switching up the settings, and it didn't help.
It turns out that I'm just not an M/R guy.
I switched to the AMG and passed about 8,000 people in the rankings. :lol:

Last edited:

I don’t change tires and have seen no noticeable reduction of lap times…it seems to have had very little affect on degrading my typical 12th place Interlagos finishes 🤪

All I did was change the anti roll bars to 9-6.
Why do they refer those parts as "anti-roll?" I'm just wondering because I've heard that term many times but never understood what it meant. What about the camber angles and BB?

Last edited:
Why do they refer those parts as "anti-roll?" I'm just wondering because I've heard that term many times but never understood what it meant.
Initially I knew them as sway bars.
In a nutshell, it's a bar that runs from one side to the other, that depending on it's thickness and rigidity, will keep the car from leaning to the side when you go around a turn.

vertical axis
Longitudinal axis

Hey man, you're back!? Remember me from the GTS forums. I bought gt7 back in October 2022, I was waiting until PD fixed all the bugs and glitches before purchasing.
Hey Chris, I knew you would be here.

I was in no hurry to buy GT7 since the only thing I like is race online. The GT7 Daily Race are copy/paste of GTS and not even Dynamic Weather in dailies (still cant wrap my head around that one). I have no interested in single player campaign where you chase the rabbit from the back since 1997. I kept playing GTS until I lost interest in racing with A+ to D in 1 room, the A+ being the dirtier (Hello LinsenF1)

But now that GT is back in my life, I stop playing my other games for the better or the worst.

Animated GIF

Hey man, you're back!? Remember me from the GTS forums. I bought gt7 back in October 2022, I was waiting until PD fixed all the bugs and glitches before purchasing. GTS feels old now that gt7 took over with popularity.

@mellofello9 Oh, you're doing the C races? I think they may be too intense for me, idk.
Be a big NOPE on race C...hopping in a Gr.1 after a couple months off would be little more than an exercise in frustration. Probably be handing out a good bit of irritation, too.🤣

If I do anything it'll be Race B in the Porsche. I somehow trained my old brain to memorize settings for it and is my 'regular' Gr.3 anyway. If you're struggling to find a good 'mount' for the week, the 911 might be a good place to start. It understeers, but that can be controlled a lot more easily than snap oversteer, IMHO.👍

Last edited:
Yeah I have been using the Porsche RSR, I trust it's mechanism of handling the corners smoothly. And I have my TCS set at 1.

Well I gotta go to bed soon, bye. Good luck with the races this week!

Good morning everyone, my goal is to get my DR up to a rank C by Sunday, but it is going to take a lot of work and practice, and of course commitment. I'll have to find a good tune for the A/B races. So what car do you think is well suitable for the NurbGP track?

Last edited:
I like the Gr 3. Ferrari, but I've only driven some quali laps and still have to experience it in a racing setting. Another good starting point would be the 911 with @newmedia_dev 's setup.

I just tried switching up the settings, and it didn't help.
It turns out that I'm just not an M/R guy.
I switched to the AMG and passed about 8,000 people in the rankings. :lol:

I love the amg but I just can't get it to work, I know the speed is in it but I am completely useless when it comes to setup 🙈
The AMG seems a solid choice for this "daily" B.
I took this setup from the great @TyrannoCyrusRex channel wich suited me very well.

1720704319248.png

By the way, I strongly recommend to follow his channel.
He is a class act, his videos are pretty clear and I think I have progressed a lot watching his lap guides.

Good morning everyone, my goal is to get my DR up to a rank C by Sunday, but it is going to take a lot of work and practice, and of course commitment. I'll have to find a good tune for the A/B races. So what car do you think is well suitable for the NurbGP track?
If your trying to improve your DR, chose wisely what time of day you race. When a lobby is filled with B/C drivers and your QT drops below P8 your odds of improving your DR are reduced.
When the lobby is C/D mix and your QT gets you in P3 or better, I would enter race after race until your QT starts dropping back down the grid.
When you aren’t in actual races, spend time improving your QT. It’s amazing how fast your DR increases just getting podiums.
Any racing you do in the back of the grid subjects you to mayhem and your odds of improving DR go down drastically.
Short sprint races make it more difficult to recover from accidents and penalties.
Long races, like this weeks C race, allows you to recover from accidents etc. but there is also a lot of attrition, drivers getting penalized or wrecks and then just dropping out, which also improves your odds.

Last edited:
Something terrible and unexpected has happened - I've started to enjoy driving the NGP. The arena turns are still a bit hit-and-miss, stopping me from getting into the 56s, but the rest is actually quite good. Just TTing though, still don't dare go racing again and destroy what little SR I have left on the main account.

Hopefully next week has a decent track, I still need to some testing for my new main Gr3 ride. Narrowed it down so far to the AMG (2020), Lambo, Lexus or Porsche.

Back