GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,659 comments
Well that was a bloody good evenings racing in race B to be honest, only 1 race which was dirty but I just quit rather than get involved. 4 wins, Two 2nd places and a 3rd. Also got a 5th in a race with a good few A rated drivers and held my own well enough. If the week continues like this I might make A 😎 My rating has never been as high since I started on GT7. I'm chuffed to bits 👍 Am fair wrecked now though 😅😴😴 Night all 👍

Anyone got a good 911 or AMG tune for Race B?
I'm using this courtesy of @newmedia_dev. Works for me in the 911 anyway

Attachments

• 20240709_234834.jpg
    20240709_234834.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240710_000221.jpg
    20240710_000221.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240710_000430.jpg
    20240710_000430.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240708_175759_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240708_175759_Samsung Internet.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 7
I know the feeling, I just ended up in a race with some A rated drivers and it wasn't pleasant. The guy who started behind me drove clean into the side of me in a dive bomb move and then when that didn't work he just plain took me out. He then had the cheek to call me a scummy driver !! Anyway, anger got the better of me so I waited for him and ran him off the track. I would never retaliate usually but he properly p*used me off. I race clean to the best of my ability, I can't stand idiots like that 🤬🤬 there's

I have been around a while but we have just restored our house so I had nowhere to put my little rig until a few weeks ago. I am making up for lost time 🤣 plus I am off alcohol for a while as my wife is heavily pregnant so have to be good 🙈 feel free to add me on PSN: paul_smith-91 👍. I'm actually going OK in B/S at the moment but I'm pretty sure I will end up back at C before long 😅
congratulations 🎉, I'm an Elevator when it comes to ranking from DR B to D in 2 weeks , no problem. never made it to A though, so good luck with that

I have an Audi GT.1 in my garage so I thought I might as well try and qualify with it but it wasn’t even close.
Back to the Porsche 919. I did a race today that was all 919s.

The races are tricky, at these speeds there isn’t much room for error. I’m contesting almost nothing in the first lap and, so far, gaining ground mainly from attrition.

Current stats :lol:

Image.jpeg

A fresh start, for a few reasons. This account will be just for Gr3 races. I want to stick with one car and see what my level really is with that, rather than jumping between all the different categories of vehicles. No protecting DR by skipping unfavourable races or cruising around at the back to regain SR. If I'm a dirty driver and end up in the purgatory of SR B & C lobbies then so be it.

Now I just need to pick the car. Need a good allrounder like the RSR but probably should wait until the physics changes are released before I commit. Also needs to have a decent cockpit view as I'm switching to that in prep for VR/wheel!

The main account will just be for a bit of fun with all the other events. Currently it's at 304 races, 34 clean (pathetic), 6 fastest laps, 6 pole positions, 6 victories (those might all be related).

Ok I think a way to make Daily A less controversial is this.

View attachment 1371363

A fresh start, for a few reasons. This account will be just for Gr3 races. I want to stick with one car and see what my level really is with that, rather than jumping between all the different categories of vehicles. No protecting DR by skipping unfavourable races or cruising around at the back to regain SR. If I'm a dirty driver and end up in the purgatory of SR B & C lobbies then so be it.

Now I just need to pick the car. Need a good allrounder like the RSR but probably should wait until the physics changes are released before I commit. Also needs to have a decent cockpit view as I'm switching to that in prep for VR/wheel!

The main account will just be for a bit of fun with all the other events. Currently it's at 304 races, 34 clean (pathetic), 6 fastest laps, 6 pole positions, 6 victories (those might all be related).
cockpit view feels less realistic to me than bumper because the FOV is far narrower than IRL. Couple with the double wheel.

Last edited:
Whilst we are sharing what were everyone’s gt sport stats? I came into that game late and that’s what got me into sport mode, that and trying for those insanely hard trophies for wins, races and poles! Actually I amazed myself looking at my stats!

Attachments

• IMG_3524.png
    IMG_3524.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 1

View attachment 1371363

That's nice, however I'm not making any alternate accounts.
I absolutely love Nürburgring Nordschleife - I never thought I'd learn all the turns, but it was actually fairly easy for me.

But Nürburgring GP? I just tried a few laps and remembered why I hate it. No racing for me this week.

Different project, plus I'm working my way back into golf, since the cortisone shots are helping my back.

I'm insulted. But I can live with it.
Well I'm sorry, I wasn't implying your Grantracker was dangerous. My mom doesn't like me downloading stuff on our computer. Hey, you know my favorite sports are golf, basketball and soccer. Speaking of the shots, I have to get monthly B12 and cortisone shots for life. I don't blame you for not doing the NurbGP, however I'm gonna have to try to get some good races in order to help boost my DR/SR up. I think Interlagos will be too tedious and long for me, plus the Group 1 cars will make the race 10 times as intense, so I'm skipping the C races.

View attachment 1371363

i think waiting for the update is a good choice. i drive only with vr and you must test the cockpit view. in some cars it did‘nt work for me. i often use rsr, audi r8, rs.01, cause i must see the rpm. driving is awsome and i do‘nt wanna miss it. in moment i can‘t reply my vr times with the times without.

i think waiting for the update is a good choice. i drive only with vr and you must test the cockpit view. in some cars it did‘nt work for me. i often use rsr, audi r8, rs.01, cause i must see the rpm. driving is awsome and i do‘nt wanna miss it. in moment i can‘t reply my vr times with the times without.
Hey, I'm gonna add you on my friends list tonight or tomorrow. I see you joined in late April, welcome to the daily race club! Are you good at the NurbGP track and Alsace-Test course because I'm focusing on both of those tracks this week.

Last edited:
Well, you tube it is; here’s the video: Fourth lap of five, I’m the NSX GT500. Honest question; Am I in the wrong here or not?

The other guy is angry for the push at sec. 11 you didnt push him off track , but still far away to the outside. Not intentional and someone does this to me at least every 2nd race, if you are on the breaks no problem, but it seems he was not. But many seem to take it to personal. i frequently have someone in my draftm who punts me every corner entry, i always wait till he/she hits me for the 3rd time, than its finally time for payback.

The other guy is angry for the push at sec. 11 you didnt push him off track , but still far away to the outside. Not intentional and someone does this to me at least every 2nd race, if you are on the breaks no problem, but it seems he was not. But many seem to take it to personal. i frequently have someone in my draftm who punts me every corner entry, i always wait till he/she hits me for the 3rd time, than its finally time for payback.
Hi, can I add you too, I don't care if I'm on the bottom, I need to compare my times with most everyone on here so I can get an idea of what my times need to be. I fixing to do my first NurbGP race now, so I gotta go.

Hi, can I add you too, I don't care if I'm on the bottom, I need to compare my times with most everyone on here so I can get an idea of what my times need to be. I fixing to do my first NurbGP race now, so I gotta go.
Feel free to add me as well (Fezzik-GT). Won't be racing on that account for a few weeks, just doing TTs and qualifying but it'll be nice to have some names on the leaderboard. I'm usually either low B/high C for DR and silver in the TTs.

Hey, I'm gonna add you on my friends list tonight or tomorrow. I see you joined in late April, welcome to the daily race club! Are you good at the NurbGP track and Alsace-Test course because I'm focusing on both of those tracks this week.
Hi Chris,
I didn't try race A. This week I'm favoring NGP Track. But I'm only a middle B rider and there are many here who are much faster. Yesterday I had a race with TAZZI-91, he had a good QT and started from 2nd, I only started from 6th, but you're welcome to add me to your list ;-)).

Ah, sharing stats are we? :)

View attachment 1371417
That's a really good ratio of clean races to the total, I'll share my stats later, I'm busy at the NurbGP ring. I need to pay more attention to my surroundings and other drivers on the track. I hit the wall on Lap 1 of my 2nd race which caused me to finish 13th. That tanked my DR and SR some by about half.

Whats happening with the GT-R '18 on this week?
Is my usual go-to car on gr.3 but this week I feel it as if the physics has changed.

Couldnt find a proper setup yet to feel it less sketchy.
The stock car wants to kill me at every turn :ill:

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards the AMG Evo, RCF or Corvette at the moment. V8 FRs, I definitely have a type.

Sure I don't know my actual playername, but my nickname is charmantha. This week, I will make you happy. Cause nürburgring is not enjoyable to me, doesn't feel like racing and gr1 at interlagos, where you can only drive the 919 😴 so my times are embarrassing.
My player name is temp1577.... Something like that, cause after using my real nickname for 4years , how my old group of friends called me in real life, became suddenly offensive or I don't know 🤔 I just gonna add you when I'm home. Your name?

Hi Chris,
I didn't try race A. This week I'm favoring NGP Track. But I'm only a middle B rider and there are many here who are much faster. Yesterday I had a race with TAZZI-91, he had a good QT and started from 2nd, I only started from 6th, but you're welcome to add me to your list ;-)).
I will be 100% honest and say that usually I am a C/S player 99 percent of the time. These last 2 weeks I have read alot of people on here far better than me about the importance of getting a good Qualification time in order to help with progression in the DR battle. I actually had the opposite way of thinking, start at the back and work my way forward. Needless to say, the wiser people on here were dead right and because of their guidance for all I am finding myself fairing out far better than I ever did. That and finally getting my wheel sorted 😅😅 ( software update was a game changer). I suppose my point is that people on here are there to help people like us 👍 If I do make A before the end of the week then i will give @newmedia_dev and @Tidgney a massive virtual hug 😅😅😅👍 Edit: I guess my way of approaching things comes from real life racing, I am or should I say was pretty handy at certain forms of racing, mainly karts and small oval racing, I didn't really care where I started as long as I got to the front 😅😅 even now I get into certain cars that people are complaining about and ask me to try and I can make them work, it makes me completely useless at setting up stuff as I just drive around problems. That's why it's important for the likes of you @Chris30 To read the advice you're given by others...as i am learning too 👍

Last edited:
Okay so 3 questions for you guys.

1) Anyone want a post a good setup for the 911 at NurbGP?

2)Is there any kind of consensus on what's the best tactic for turn 1 at NurbGP?

3) What's the argument for Not just ghosting all cars for the first half lap? I mean NurbGP turn 1 is basically Monza turn 1 and it's beyond ridiculous.

Hey guys, quick question about Daily C. I guess you are running the Porsche just like I do but, do you guys change tires?

I'm on controller and I feel like if I don't change tires, I'm gonna be in lots of trouble with almost no meat on the rubber at the end of the race.

Also, changing tires cost how much time?

@mellofello9, yeah I got a PS5 and GT7 early June. Haven't been racing GTS for a long time + new GT7 physics = I'm so slow. Jump into Daily as soon I unlock it from menu book. Started GT7 in DR.A from GTS but I have no pace at all. I like the new physics a lot, dual sense is also great. I quali at the end of the grid whatever race I joined to finally drop to DR.B. This is the better place for me at the moment, I still have lots to learn. Now racing mid-pack with some top 5 finish in Race C. Had lots of fun at Watkins Glenn last week too.

Hope to see you on track, at the opposite end of the field thought.

Okay so 3 questions for you guys.

1) Anyone want a post a good setup for the 911 at NurbGP?

2)Is there any kind of consensus on what's the best tactic for turn 1 at NurbGP?

3) What's the argument for Not just ghosting all cars for the first half lap? I mean NurbGP turn 1 is basically Monza turn 1 and it's beyond ridiculous.
1) I have earlier in the thread

2) I don't know about consensus but the tactic I use is to take the normal line and just before you turn in check the rear view/radar and either avoid the dive bomber/late braker or commit and focus on a clean exit. Accidents will happen.

3) the argument is simple, it promotes the opposite of clean racing which is to drive to avoid being in other cars spaces on the track.

I get the decision for having ghosting for gameplay reasons but we need them wean people off of that mechanic. It's much less in the a and a+ lobbies but they still use it even in them at the chicanes at le man for example and it causes a lot of problems.

Especially as it's so inconsistent in happening and unghosting.

Whats happening with the GT-R '18 on this week?
Is my usual go-to car on gr.3 but this week I feel it as if the physics has changed.

Couldnt find a proper setup yet to feel it less sketchy.
The stock car wants to kill me at every turn :ill:
I did try it too, it was interesting 😅 I do think it's quick but I too couldn't find any reasonable setup to tame it. I had 1 race last night with a guy in the nsx and he had that thing on rails, I must give that a try too

Hey guys, quick question about Daily C. I guess you are running the Porsche just like I do but, do you guys change tires?

I'm on controller and I feel like if I don't change tires, I'm gonna be in lots of trouble with almost no meat on the rubber at the end of the race.
One of the biggest disadvantages of using a controller is that you cant save tires.
The inputs on the stick are 1 or 0 while on a wheel you can make smoother moves.
Also, changing tires cost how much time?
2.5 secs

I did try it too, it was interesting 😅 I do think it's quick but I too couldn't find any reasonable setup to tame it. I had 1 race last night with a guy in the nsx and he had that thing on rails, I must give that a try too
Its very fast but Its so unpredictable and I dont remember this car to behave like this in other recent combos

Over what time period?
Since release, March ’22. Bit on and off though, some weeks a lot, some weeks barely anything.
There’s always a bigger fish 🤣

Super impressive stats though
Haha, thanks. But it should be said that a big majority of that comes from daily A, it looks more impressive than it is as that’s often a very uncompetitive race. I put more focus in keeping the clean race bonus these days, taking things pretty relaxed. Pushing more in time trials than dailies.

Last edited:
Back