GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,147 comments
Is it just me or have cars, especially MR, become overly sensitive to braking? Tried out the 650S, NSX and 458 (Race C qualy laps) and can barely touch the brakes without going into a drift! And this is in a straight line and feathering the pedal...

Will obviously need to adjust wheel settings but did you guys notice this as well?
Yes, posted about this earlier. I found the same in the RSR (which irl is close to mid-engine). It’s particularly noticeable when trail braking. Also the rear is much less stable when coming off throttle (tho’ you can use this to combat the 911’s understeer).

If you were running any rear brake bias, dial it out.

Just spent my first 3 races with the new physics. The FF on the wheel is completely different, not bad, just different, maybe more realistic. My Spa QT is 2:20 but I think that’s invalid now, my times are quite a bit slower. I drove my races like I had ATC off or was driving in the rain but others didn’t, there were lots of wrecks that were not initiated by contact.
It was like an early Monday daily race.

Just spent my first 3 races with the new physics. The FF on the wheel is completely different, not bad, just different, maybe more realistic. My Spa QT is 2:20 but I think that’s invalid now, my times are quite a bit slower. I drove my races like I had ATC off or was driving in the rain but others didn’t, there were lots of wrecks that were not initiated by contact.
It was like an early Monday daily race.
Well I can't wait to try the new physics Saturday and Sunday. What you said reminded me of the crazy races I had one Monday in April. There was total carnage, crashes and turmoil at Trial Mountain. My time at Spa is in the 2'24.000's, I'll take a look later and let you know what it was.

Last edited:
I’ve found the same thing this week. And in some past weeks recently and I’m in the Americas racing in B/S or B/A lobbies.

Possible explanation - the penalty system seems to be stricter both for contact penalties and the amount of SR you lose. I made contact with two people in one race (my fault) and went from high S to high A. Can’t recall a similar drop before?

Edit - just lost DR for the mildest of taps T1 at Spa. Not complaining, just saying this seems new, and stricter (which is a good thing).

Just tried my first post-update race B. The RSR has much less lateral grip on the RHs and is much more prone to spin when you lift off or even trail brake (like in that tricky downhill 180 degree right hander - second corner after the chicane at the end of the Kemmel straight).
Yes, I think you are right about penalties being harder now. Awesome. And about time.

Yeah, finally PD stepped up and made some serious changes to all the features and modes in the game! We need a stricter penalty system to take care of the dirty drivers who mess with the lower-skilled drivers.

Last edited:
From 2:30 PST to 4:00 PST I watched my starting position fall down the grid from 2nd to 10th on the last race. Fun up front, ugly in the back.

I am gonna call somebody out though, R.Santiaho_BBR wrecked me on lap 4 at Campus, I righted myself and come around the next corner and he’s pulled over to the side waiting for me to pass him, much appreciated👍… and then he still finished one place ahead of me.

Getting used to the new feel and everybody seems to be dealing with the same thing. I’m just curious if this may produce a new meta car mid week.

Last edited:
No racing in Sport mode tonight as it was time to learn the new physics. With this new update I decided to turn off the TC in the options as I thought that if I need to re-learn the physics, might as well learn to drive with no TC.

I used the Huracan at Road Atlanta so I have a baseline of sorts on what to expect. First, the car really like to kick out the back end of the car when breaking as mentioned above by others. I eventually moved the BB towards the back (2) and that helped so far. I had a few tank-slappers when over-correcting too much and having some spins. It was something to have the car do that the first time. It's still good to experience that so I don't do it again.

It might be because I turned the TC off, but I am sliding a bunch in the exit of turn 1 and turn 5. It also might be because I'm not as smooth and/or too early on the loud pedal as I should be on corner exit. I'm losing time there, but I still got my time down to a 1:24.697. I didn't try any other car types yet and I'll try a bunch this weekend when I have some time. Other than that I don't have any complaints so far about the update.

No racing in Sport mode tonight as it was time to learn the new physics. With this new update I decided to turn off the TC in the options as I thought that if I need to re-learn the physics, might as well learn to drive with no TC.

I used the Huracan at Road Atlanta so I have a baseline of sorts on what to expect. First, the car really like to kick out the back end of the car when breaking as mentioned above by others. I eventually moved the BB towards the back (2) and that helped so far. I had a few tank-slappers when over-correcting too much and having some spins. It was something to have the car do that the first time. It's still good to experience that so I don't do it again.

It might be because I turned the TC off, but I am sliding a bunch in the exit of turn 1 and turn 5. It also might be because I'm not as smooth and/or too early on the loud pedal as I should be on corner exit. I'm losing time there, but I still got my time down to a 1:24.697. I didn't try any other car types yet and I'll try a bunch this weekend when I have some time. Other than that I don't have any complaints so far about the update.
Well, whenever you do return to racing, best of wishes to you and lots of positive energy and luck. I think it'll take a while for all of us to get used to the fixed changes. I gotta go to bed now, bye. I can't wait until Saturday evening to have some gt7 fun in sport mode.

First, the car really like to kick out the back end of the car when breaking as mentioned above by others. I eventually moved the BB towards the back (2) and that helped so far.
That doesn’t seem right. Your back is kicking out because the rears are locking up before the fronts. +2BB should make your problem worse.

That doesn’t seem right. Your back is kicking out because the rears are locking up before the fronts. +2BB should make your problem worse.
It seems to work for me. Perhaps I got used to the new braking and thought that moving the BB to the rear "helped" like a placebo effect.

First race of the day and a win 🏆 1 more and I'm back to DR A .

Edit: I am just completely baffled about the penalty system in this game 🤬 Last race and on lap 1 I picked up the usual first lap Eau Rouge penalty, I stuck to the left hand side of the track to give the guy next to me preference for the chicane at the end of the kemmel straight as I knew there was no point defending when he was already halfway alongside me. He went in too hot and went over the kerb and came back on 90 degrees across me in a split second and I get a 4 second penalty....WTF like 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ not a hope in hell would I have avoided him. Anyway, that was a total of 5 seconds and back to p13. I recovered to finish 6th

Attachments

• 20240726_112450.jpg
    20240726_112450.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What’s everyone’s controller settings? I’m on a gtddpro and have steering sensitivity 5 torque 5 feedback 5, anyone got anything different?

Got spa down to 2.20.6

What’s everyone’s controller settings? I’m on a gtddpro and have steering sensitivity 5 torque 5 feedback 5, anyone got anything different?

Got spa down to 2.20.6
Controller sensitivity: 5
Torque: now depends on the car for Gr3/4 I have it now 6-8 some road cars 10 now

I have custom wheel base settings as well

Trying out Road Atlanta in QT for the first time, Jesus's it's a hard nut to crack... I don't think I like it at all 🤣🤣 will give it another hour. I'm stuck at 1:26 in the Vantage, tried the 650 but I couldn't get on with that at all. Might give the 458 a go as I like that on other tracks. Must watch a track guide and see can I improve my dismal times

Hey guys, hope you are all having a great summer (winter if you are down under) so far. Summer (Goodwood FoS was fun!) and real life means I was away from GT7 for the last 3 weeks (even longer for daily races) but at least I am back in time for the v1.49 update.

View attachment 1375447
@AdxRE 😮💪

Awesome time! Glad to see the 650 up there!

Thanks man, that was literally the first thing I did after the update so that I can get a sense of the change of tyre and suspension physics as it wasn’t that long ago that we had an exact same combo in Time Trial (Gr.3 on RH at Spa). Currently my lap time is exactly the same as the TT pre-update (2:18.0) but I should be able to take another 0.5 off once I get used to the changes.

Impression so far (Gr.3 McLaren, RH)
  • Car feels more powerful, now I hit 165mph by the end of Kemmel straight instead of 162mph before (Nothing compare to the 168mph that the Supras are doing)
  • Lateral tyre grip is reduced especially the fronts. I definitely needed to get on the throttle later at Gauche. This change seems to reward more dedicated steering/throttle control as the car car just doesn’t respond well when being thrown into the corners any more
  • FFB on my GT DD Pro seems to be less filtered that I can now feel the lost of lateral grip of the front end
  • The car now reacts/more sensitive to bumps/curbs and weight transfers. Again this should reward smoother driving in general
  • I cannot get trail braking to work as well as pre-update. Under the same brake pedal setting and BB (3 to the rear) the car just do not turn-in as well as before

Here is the lap, and you can see me struggle quite badly at Les Fagnes. Please let me know what you think about my observation so far. I was 0.3s up my pre-update time in sector 1 alone, but lost it all in sector 2.

Well, last night I did my first race of the week (daily C with the Jag)
I loved the new physics. This changes are the most significant that we had in this game so far IMO.

Road Atlanta is a track in wich I always felt pretty weak because of my inconsistence through the esses.
Now, after the update I can travel that part of the track with a confidence that I never had!
I cant tell if this is because the new weight transfer system, the new way of braking or a combination of both. I only know that this update worked perfectly for me.

Sadly, I dont have lap time records from before the update to compare against myself.

On this race I started from P13, did a 12-1 stint and finished in P7.
I Know that Im not fast enough yet (1 second slower from the FL of the race) but Im very happy with the consistence... now I have to find some pace :lol:

1721995521318.png

1721996181022.png

Wow, no Eiger. I am surprised. Actually it's PD so I am not surprised.

B probably Gr4 and C probably Gr3. RH tire and 5x wear means the mandatory stop is likely just a formality. Lame-o.
Apologies, my eyesight is bad. It's actually saying RMs for the mountain in race C.
The run from Skyline down to Forrest's Elbow should be "entertaining" with these physics and worn tyres.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what lap times people are now doing the TTs for daily b & C on the new physics please?

My Daily B is 2.20.8
Daily C 1.25.7

Not as confident as I used to be. Don't know if that's because I am still getting used to the new physics or I am just plain slower in general.
I wasn't here for the first half of the week and trying yesterday to set some QT times there is no way I can hit those times with new physics.

I am definitely slower but I also think lap times are in general and that my new slower times are relative to my normal quick times.

Edit: @Roggers for C 1:24.7 in the 650

I'd have been targeting a :23.8 before the update

Don't have a lap before the update

Last edited:
Not as confident as I used to be. Don't know if that's because I am still getting used to the new physics or I am just plain slower in general.
Yeah I'm not confident at all since the change. Braking is all over the place. I don't have a proper load cell so between 40%-0% the brakes are either on/off/some where between. I can modulate the brake at all and I believe this is what's killing my times.
On throttle too I'm a bit hesitant
I wasn't here for the first half of the week and trying yesterday to set some QT times there is no way I can hit those times with new physics.

I am definitely slower but I also think lap times are in general and that my new slower times are relative to my normal quick times.

Edit: @Roggers for C 1:24.7 in the 650

I'd have been targeting a :23.8 before the update

Don't have a lap before the update
Yeah this the first time I'm doing daily TT so I have nothing to compare too, plus it difficult to know which times are new or old physics.

Yeah I'm not confident at all since the change. Braking is all over the place. I don't have a proper load cell so between 40%-0% the brakes are either on/off/some where between. I can modulate the brake at all and I believe this is what's killing my times.

Yeah this the first time I'm doing daily TT so I have nothing to compare too, plus it difficult to know which times are new or old physics.
On the Digit Racing site you can filter the leaderboard times to the last 24 hours.

I don't have load cells either, still using the G29 pedals. You definitely have to be much more precise with braking now - both in pressure and location on the track - throughout the whole braking process. I swear if you brake .05" seconds too late it translates to .250" seconds lost. Especially since the cars feel like there is no longer ABS they just want to slide.

This is speaking from a Gr3 perspective, but thus far I think the new physics are worse than the old ones. FFB is fine, tire wear is fine, everything is fine but the braking feels off. Hopefully that changes in time.

I did a couple race Bs yesterday on the alt. My lap times in the Porsche were like a second+ off the purple lap (Supra). Don't know how that translates from car-to-car anymore but not very promising.

Last edited:
Controller sensitivity: 5
Torque: now depends on the car for Gr3/4 I have it now 6-8 some road cars 10 now

I have custom wheel base settings as well

Nice tip, torque on 7 defo gives me more feel on the wheel and control, only racing the Porsche which I find quite balanced - reckon I’ll dip into the 2.19 with a good tail wind!

My Daily B was an 19.00 in the Renault before the change; I've not tried it again after. Seems Supra is META now as it's OP on the straights AGAIN.

Yeah totally see more Supras now but not sure about anyone else but I also see a bunch of folk losing it on acceleration all over the place, the Porsche seems a little more forgiving

I reckon medium tyres would stick better and feel better, let’s hope there is more use of those in the coming weeks

Back