GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,301 comments
Well my adventures is DR: B ended fairly quickly and back down to C again. I am about a second off the pace for this weeks B rated daily C and not really sure where to find it.

The races themselves were a bit sweaty and not always fun (some dirty but not all just very intense all the time.) I play primarily for fun not rating so it's probably just as well I am back in C.

Got to remember to relax and enjoy the racing. I get the rating I get and as long as I stay SR:S I am good. 🙂

I just did my first race at Spa for this week.
It was a bit rougher than I expected.
I quickly adapted, and responded proportionately.

I'm confused, so what happened? Did someone try to hit you? Or did you go offtrack. It did look rough from what I saw. Don't worry, you'll come through.

I'm confused, so what happened? Did someone try to hit you? Or did you go offtrack. It did look rough from what I saw. Don't worry, you'll come through.
The red Ferrari decided to bash me, because he just found out that going through the Eau Rouge chicane side by side is a bad idea.
On the straight, he made me hit the innocent bystander on the other side of me.
I gently nudged hit out of the way, at the following turn.

The red Ferrari decided to bash me, because he just found out that going through the Eau Rouge chicane side by side is a bad idea.
On the straight, he made me hit the innocent bystander on the other side of me.
I gently nudged hit out of the way, at the following turn.
Yeah, I usually have to stay away from people like that. The bad thing about it is once you enter a lobby you can't escape unless you quit, which for the price will be losing DR and SR.

So over the last 5 weeks or so, I've been able to raise my DR from B at 30% to B at 60%. Which is by far the highest it's ever been. About 35 was my hi mark. So I credit most of it to this Board, and a few posters in particular. You know who you are! lol.

Also something that has helped a great deal is I made a conscious decision to stop racing at 100% every moment. Instead I dialed it back to 90% and found that I am much more consistent, a bit slower per lap but over all faster for the race. Before I would usually make a minor mistake about every other lap or so and a major one about 1 every 2 or 3 races.

Now it's more like a minor mistake once a race and a major one about once every 9 or 10 races. I also avoid confrontation as much as possible on track, lol. I also yield to obviously faster drivers at the first opportunity without losing multiple spots. Maybe this is called developing Race Craft?

Following my quandary from the beginning of the week, I have decided to drop Race B out of the equation completely and focus on Race A (quite technical for a slow car, and very satisfying when you can get fair racing at Tsukuba), and Race C (so far exclusively qualifying only, will race when i have an appropriate window to do so).

I find myself running quali laps around Atlanta just imagining how different the experience is when you have other cars for company. Meanwhile, at Tsukuba, I've had a couple of high-quality races where not only were my front-grid opponents sickeningly fast, but even the slower contingent were very race-aware. Lots of aborted dive bombs and rotational adjustments to avoid contact around the slower curves. Impressive.

Saying that, there's this German driver who frequently appears in my afternoon lobbies. He's very clean and will fight hard to keep you off this back, but if you let him pull away by more than a second you won't see him again!

I didn't get to race yesterday as the thing I was helping with took longer than expected. I got some pizza out of it for dinner so not all bad I guess. I couldn't get my qualifying time better so that was a bummer.

First race was a big oof. I was P13 on the grid so my qualifying time needs to come down. I go off track on lap 2 avoiding a car that was coming directly at me as they were trying to recover from a slide. I pick up a 3 second penalty when a driver rejoining the track does so right in front of me and I had nowhere to go. Then a 3 second pit lane penalty, which is 100% my fault. Thanks to some drivers quitting, I gain a spot and finish P12.

Race 2 is another big oof race only I start in P10 this time. I get another 3 second penalty from hitting a car in front of me that just slowed way down to avoid a wreck in front of them. Totally dumb, but I get why I got it. I get a pit lane line penalty because I have no idea how to enter the pits. I should practice that. I just give up and turn laps to finish P11.

Needless to say, I did a practice session in the Jaguar and was slow with it. I tried the McLaren and was also off my pace. The Ferrari seems to be on the same pace as the Huracan. I'll probably just run laps and try and set a better time the next time I get to play.

PSA: Don't try to pit on lap zero in race C.

I was starting 11th and as soon as the race started I thought I would try something clever and pit before I crossed the finish line.

I didn't get the option to change tires and I got a 3 second penalty. After 11 laps I was able to chase someone down to not finish dead last.

Needless to say, I did a practice session in the Jaguar and was slow with it. I tried the McLaren and was also off my pace. The Ferrari seems to be on the same pace as the Huracan. I'll probably just run laps and try and set a better time the next time I get to play.
The Renault Trophy was a surprise for me. Its lack of top-end speed + my not that fast abilities = 1:24.179 currently (workin' on 3's 😁), but it's pretty stable. Just gotta keep the momentum up. Tire wear is pretty much non-existent. I'm on a controller and by race end the driver front is at 50% with the rest around 75-ish.

Also, I share your pit entry struggles, 💩's for real. I've bailed on the entry more times than I can count and completely pooched it a few more. Usually a big smoky mess...it's like they kicked a paint can over the hill and just paved wherever it left a mark.

:cheers:

EDIT - Also, the motor seems to like being revved to within an inch of its life. 👍

Last edited:
I qualified 6th at Spa this morning with a 2:21.3.
I spent a couple of hours practicing and got it down to 2:20.9, which I was very happy with. I logged on late this afternoon to race and 2:20.9 was now only good for 10th on the grid, a sure sign that it was going to be a very tough race. I think I’m done until the pros go to bed.

Spa does not like me. Bailed on Qualifying after 5 laps in the 2:30s. Have never gelled with that track.

Had a decent race at RA with lots of improvement to be had. Qualified with a 1:28 after 3 laps and did a 1:26 high in the race as I learn the track more. I think this will be my race to work on this week.

No need to change tires, lots of need to learn the pit entry.

Last edited:
Spa does not like me. Bailed on Qualifying after 5 laps in the 2:30s. Have never gelled with that track.

Had a decent race at RA with lots of improvement to be had. Qualified with a 1:28 after 3 laps and did a 1:26 high in the race as I learn the track more. I think this will be my race to work on this week.

No need to change tires, lots of need to learn the pit entry.
I spent multiple days trying to get my Super License on a wet Spa track, after that experience I was pretty comfortable on that track after running so many laps.

PSA: Don't try to pit on lap zero in race C.

I was starting 11th and as soon as the race started I thought I would try something clever and pit before I crossed the finish line.

I didn't get the option to change tires and I got a 3 second penalty. After 11 laps I was able to chase someone down to not finish dead last.
Someone had to do the research. So you took one for the team.👍🤣

I am very puzzled about a thing - perhaps you guys can enlighten me:
This week I have done race B at Spa about 30 times. I have been fluctuating between upper C and lower B with a QT of about 2:21 (SR: S, european lobbys).
Race after race I have had so much fun. So much great racing and not a single hostile incident. At times, yes, there has been aggresive driving, and off course some incidents because of lacking skills - my own included. A couple of times I had to check the replays, but I never found any reason to call ANY of the other drivers dirty. I have done terrible races and superb races and learned quite a lot of racecraft. It has been quite awesome.

I can’t quite get my head around why, if I read e.g. comments on youtube about GT7 sport mode, 99.9% of people are saying that the racing is an absolute horror show, and out of those people, about 50% are saying things like “yes, that is why I gave up racing online”.
The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps US lobbys are bad? It is off course a factor, that online people are a bit more prone to complain than to be cheerful about stuff, but the angry voices are just so overwhelmingly massive. Maybe the dirty drivers are on vacation? Or …?

Does anyone have any feedback on the physics changes so far?

I am very puzzled about a thing - perhaps you guys can enlighten me:
This week I have done race B at Spa about 30 times. I have been fluctuating between upper C and lower B with a QT of about 2:21 (SR: S, european lobbys).
Race after race I have had so much fun. So much great racing and not a single hostile incident. At times, yes, there has been aggresive driving, and off course some incidents because of lacking skills - my own included. A couple of times I had to check the replays, but I never found any reason to call ANY of the other drivers dirty. I have done terrible races and superb races and learned quite a lot of racecraft. It has been quite awesome.

I can’t quite get my head around why, if I read e.g. comments on youtube about GT7 sport mode, 99.9% of people are saying that the racing is an absolute horror show, and out of those people, about 50% are saying things like “yes, that is why I gave up racing online”.
The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps US lobbys are bad? It is off course a factor, that online people are a bit more prone to complain than to be cheerful about stuff, but the angry voices are just so overwhelmingly massive. Maybe the dirty drivers are on vacation? Or …?

Can go either way I’d say buddy, if you are putting in decent clean racing normally you are going to find it too, ultimately we are all here to race so ppl generally like minded until scorned 🤣

Does anyone have any feedback on the physics changes so far?
Not in race cars yet.

First impression is that these changes might be a bit polarising to start with. At first I thought my wheel was broken.

In the new 430 TT the car has a lot of roll and feels nervous at high speed. There is also a slightly more progressive oversteer snap and a bit easier to gather it up if you aren't as quick on giving it a dab of oppo and easing off a bit.

I don't like how the weight of the car has been changed to it's swaying momentum and a reduction of weight at the FFB torque level.

These are just initial thoughts with existing muscle memory so not massively adapted to the new feel/model.

Will try some race cars and see how they feel.

I do know that I'm going to have to find some new settings for my DD though to find the right balance for my preferences

Linking GT Engine's BoP change overview tweets for everyone's convenience. Gr.1 and Gr.2 have had massive changes, 3/4/B have some shifts but nothing too big.

Wow, this is mind-boggling, so much data to analyze. I hope with this change in physics, the cars will have better braking and handling for the turns and corners. I'll try it out over the weekend.

Not in race cars yet.

First impression is that these changes might be a bit polarising to start with. At first I thought my wheel was broken.

In the new 430 TT the car has a lot of roll and feels nervous at high speed. There is also a slightly more progressive oversteer snap and a bit easier to gather it up if you aren't as quick on giving it a dab of oppo and easing off a bit.

I don't like how the weight of the car has been changed to it's swaying momentum and a reduction of weight at the FFB torque level.

These are just initial thoughts with existing muscle memory so not massively adapted to the new feel/model.

I do know that I'm going to have to find some new settings for my DD though to find the right balance for my preferences

Cheers mate, I’m at home working today so my idea was to spa it for an hour and see how many crashes I have haha

I seem to remember a little change recently whilst gt sport was still there and eventually it turned out better but as you say some adapting what you are used to!

Wish me luck 🤣

Last edited:
Interesting jumping in to Race B after the update...what the hell happened to the Force feedback 😅😅😅 it took me by surprise to start with but not as much as the complete lack of grip on the first lap. The RS01 seems a bit more unsettled too...but quicker 🤔 Anyway, Guess who's back 🤣🤣. I have just done 2 races with him and finished 2nd twice. The last race I backed off on the final bus stop because I was sure he would punt me off 🙈 Anyway, I need to get away from Kimi so I'll have a go at C instead

Attachments

• 20240725_113125.jpg
    20240725_113125.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240725_114409.jpg
    20240725_114409.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240725_120418.jpg
    20240725_120418.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 4
Not in race cars yet.

I've only done some qualifying laps in race C with the META Vantage, do get a comparison. Although I don't feel THAT much of a difference (on controller), I'm 1.5 seconds slower than before. Hopefully that's not just me being incompetent...😬

I've only done some qualifying laps in race C with the META Vantage, do get a comparison. Although I don't feel THAT much of a difference (on controller), I'm 1.5 seconds slower than before. Hopefully that's not just me being incompetent...😬
I've just done 150 miles in the Vantage, Veyron, 650 and there is no way in hell with the new physics I'd be able to hit the sort of times I was previously at Atlanta.

You can't hit some of the curbs in the same way the ghosts were able to and the resulting slide just kill all the momentum.

I personally never liked to overly "feel" the curbs as I find the wheel chatter distracting and not communicating grip just detail noise which isn't the core information I prefer to know.

My first impressions with the new physics.

I was able to run 10 laps on Road Atlanta with the Aston Martin. It'swhat I've been running all week so I figured it would be the best test. After ten laps I was still .25 off of my best QT time. I started out 1 second off.

The steering/grip is much more dynamic. Once you get up to speed you can feel the wheels lift a bit and the car float. The weight transfer is very noticeable and feels more realistic in my opinion. A lot of the weight has been transferred to the rear of the car and makes braking much important and technical. If you make an over correction you can get a tank slapper going. Before it just felt like you understeered left or right. Now you can get the backend to swing around. Braking in a straight line and brake pressure is going to be critical.

I have the fanatec dd pro and I could really tell a difference in varying grip levels through corners depending on my brake input and car positioning.

All in all I think it's going to be frustrating mastering the new physics but I do think it makes the cars feel more real and will highlight the little differences between cars more.

Ouch, that had to be painful. And he just drove off! That annoys me when people run into me and don't give a ****. They just do want they want to do and break the rules. I bet you were steaming mad. Did you still get the CRB after the race?
I lost DR, SR and Clean Bonus for that .. At least I got the new physics to look forward to trying soon 😅

Last edited:
Back