GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,297 comments
View attachment 1374745

Race A is a lovely combo. Car doesn't like full braking so it's good practice for the next update!
I noticed that when practicing for the Toyota cup, max 65% braking and a panic 90% if I'm not making a line close to the apex.

The lift off/braking oversteer is hilarious in such a short wheelbase car! Very much reminds me of my 205 GTis 🤣 but with a hell of a lot more power!

I'm reading a man living the dream right here. Cabin, nature, chopping wood AND online solar powered racing... Doesn't get any better than that. You won the lottery or something?
It's definitely a great life with beautiful mountains and wildlife (watching deer grazing off our lawn not 20 feet from our sliding door). But about the lottery, I tell people that I wish I could afford to retire. When they say they thought I was retired, I say I am, I just can't afford it!

Is it just me(and i think it is) or does the ffb with abs off feel more detailed?

Im guessing its me, driving around about 3/4’s puckered, and its the increase of attention, due to skittishness, causing it to perceptively feel like this. I don’t race with abs off, of course, but it does help flesh out viable racing lines, and grip on the track, which had made it part of my warm up lately

Is it just me(and i think it is) or does the ffb with abs off feel more detailed?

Im guessing its me, driving around about 3/4’s puckered, and its the increase of attention, due to skittishness, causing it to perceptively feel like this. I don’t race with abs off, of course, but it does help flesh out viable racing lines, and grip on the track, which had made it part of my warm up lately
The thing with not having ABS I find is the cars move more than you know they would.

In cars without ABS or I have turned it off they do not magically lock up even with initial over pressure and relaxing but GT uses that as a sign you want massive oversteer. The modern GTR is horrible for this behaviour!

The thing with not having ABS I find is the cars move more than you know they would.

In cars without ABS or I have turned it off they do not magically lock up even with initial over pressure and relaxing but GT uses that as a sign you want massive oversteer. The modern GTR is horrible for this behaviour!
Could you explain; move more than you know they would?

I must have my brake pressure set a little lower(45) as i can consistently get a lock up with abs off if i mash hard, but i kinda want it that way to help me figure out brake balance on each car. (I slam the brakes and then adjust bb until all 4 tires stop together, or at least close as possible). Once the bb is set i find it pretty hard to lock up when abs is flipped back on.

It does feel like im balancing on the pointy end of a triangle sometimes going through corners, but im learning to massage the accelerator and balance the line through the corner, which feels like im on the edge of grip/speed.

Could you explain; move more than you know they would?
Sure, without ABS in an older car they do not suddenly swap ends.

Non abs systems rely on on force and even then it's usually less servo assisted so it's much more forgiving but also the chassis doesn't somehow want rally car behaviour.

A prime example is my gen 1 cayman the servo is "under powered" so the car required a lot more physical force and even then in track mode was not randomly swapping ends under panic braking.

Conversely my wife's X3 3.0d is breathe on the brake and it's relying on electronics.

Both cars had epic brakes just one was balanced to performance braking the other is a family car with 350bhp in a large package and massively over engineered braking assistance tied to the driver aids.

Sure, without ABS in an older car they do not suddenly swap ends.

Non abs systems rely on on force and even then it's usually less servo assisted so it's much more forgiving but also the chassis doesn't somehow want rally car behaviour.

A prime example is my gen 1 cayman the servo is "under powered" so the car required a lot more physical force and even then in track mode was not randomly swapping ends under panic braking.

Conversely my wife's X3 3.0d is breathe on the brake and it's relying on electronics.

Both cars had epic brakes just one was balanced to performance braking the other is a family car with 350bhp in a large package and massively over engineered braking assistance tied to the driver aids.
Ahh. Yep. Exactly that.

Almost. Idaho. Way north Idaho. It didn't take 2 years to get here, but it took about that to clear land, build a cabin, set up solar and Starlink, and get stuff out of of storage so I could go racing again (in between cutting and splitting wood so we wouldn't freeze on the winter). Unfortunately I had to sell my wheel--no room in a little cabin--so I had to learn how to race on a controller.
How does the Starlink work for gaming? What kind of speed are you getting?
He should have been grateful. You protected him from getting a 3 second penalty for pit lane infraction. 😎
…not to mention, just losing a lot of time going that slow. It would be interesting being in the room with some of these guys just to watch how angry they get.

Does anyone have any experience running with TC at 0 on the Renault R.S. 01 at Spa, I’m curious if there’s any time to gain in qualifying.
I don’t think I’d run it in a race, I’m pretty sure I’d loop it at either end of the front straight under pressure.

Last edited:
I can't deal with Tsukuba. Did a couple of races, might have been the drivers I was with but it brought out the rage in me. A 5 second pen worth of rage against one driver (after about 5 hits tbf I do have quite a lot of patience). Back to race C I go! I'm not even sorry. But it's best if I avoid for the time being for my own sanity!

Bring back the Kart race!

Edit: it's better when the driver doing the hitting is in a bright flashy colour. Need to be 100% confident I'm leaving a receipt with the right person.

Also in hindsight I can't justify it and I feel guilty as hell. Weird roller coaster of emotions!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience running with TC at 0 on the Renault R.S. 01 at Spa, I’m curious if there’s any time to gain on qualifying.
I don’t think I’d run it in a race, I’m pretty sure I’d loop it at either end of the front straight under pressure
TCS 0. BB 3 to the rear, ABS default. You want to be light on the gas past 30 degree wheel angle. Renault has been my daily driver because I hate myself.

three sorts of drivers that I am always carefull with after seeing their livery: one is drivers with a full very bright metal livery, like gold or chrome. Second are liveries based on smoking drugs or drinking alcohol. It seems that most first do consume and then race.

Then comes drivers that dress their car up as their favourite footballteam. If they take the mentality of a fanatic fan on track then you might be a risk to others. In this case the driver has both his name and his livery based on his favourite football team, Anderlecht of Brussels.

(I know that above is a bot of a prejudice from my site but learned this by experience)
\hidesmysinghalivery 😬

Ok, well, I guess that’s how I’m going to spend my morning. I’ve plateaued at 2:21.6
I somehow managed a 2:18.86 and there is still some time to find. Very hard track as every corner has a ton of time to lose. Infuriating to have a killer lap going and screw it up at the end.

\hidesmysinghalivery 😬
I aint quitting using my Jagermeister liveries
three sorts of drivers that I am always carefull with after seeing their livery: one is drivers with a full very bright metal livery, like gold or chrome. Second are liveries based on smoking drugs or drinking alcohol. It seems that most first do consume and then race.

Then comes drivers that dress their car up as their favourite footballteam. If they take the mentality of a fanatic fan on track then you might be a risk to others. In this case the driver has both his name and his livery based on his favourite football team, Anderlecht of Brussels.

(I know that above is a bot of a prejudice from my site but learned this by experience)
Never had trouble with the Stoners, I'd have rated them the most chilled on track.

I aint quitting using my Jagermeister liveries

Never had trouble with the Stoners, I'd have rated them the most chilled on track.
It doesn't help that some of the most iconic liveries in racing are based around tobacco and alcohol.

I opted for a Thai beer, even though I rarely drink.

full

I somehow managed a 2:18.86 and there is still some time to find. Very hard track as every corner has a ton of time to lose. Infuriating to have a killer lap going and screw it up at the end.
Well, I have quite a few spots that I feel I can improve on, just not sure I can find an additional 3 seconds 😵‍💫.
I felt good about Eau Rouge, I was flat out in 6th gear through it but during races I was getting passed on Kimmel with regularity so, apparently I need to work on entry/exit.

Well, I have quite a few spots that I feel I can improve on, just not sure I can find an additional 3 seconds 😵‍💫.
I felt good about Eau Rouge, I was flat out in 6th gear through it but during races I was getting passed on Kimmel with regularity so, apparently I need to work on entry/exit.
The key to Eau Rouge is to do it without steering!

Well his username is Jake_Moon_JMR. Maybe that character from EastEnders was the inspiration for him choosing that name. I saw him in 6 of my A races last night.

Well his username is Jake_Moon_JMR. Maybe that character from EastEnders was the inspiration for him choosing that name. I saw him in 6 of my A races last night.
That was an unexpected curveball. No, I don't know who that is - I'm in Europe PS5 lobbies and you're in American PS4 lobbies, so we won't have the same player pool.

Somehow have not been able to top the times I'm hitting in the Trophy at Atlanta. Only took it out because I miss driving it and wanted something slow to acclimate to the track with. Now looks like it will be the preferred Dr Donation Vehicle for the week.😁

Also seem to be working through some repressed 'Trailer Park Girl' issues at Atlanta this week. One thing the Trophy does VERY well is go around corners. You can carry more speed through and lay into the throttle earlier so these "Round the outside, 'round the outside' moments are getting a bit too common:
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __2.jpeg

Been feast or famine with an even mix of podiums and NOT podiums, lol. Go from finishing P3 (above) to P11 - 13 and then back to the pod again. The one super consistent thing being the fun factor. The NA PS4 A/S lobbies were super clean all day yesterday and the racing has been on point.

Had one weird in race moment where stuff went sideways for what felt like an eternity. No idea what was going on. Cars shooting all over the track, sounds not matching actions, parts flying, etc. All transpired within a couple seconds. Never had that happen before. Screwed the race for a couple of us.

Did run one at Spa and realized something...I've obviously never started P10 there. P10 start at Spa is, IMHO, the WORST position to start in of all the banged up rolling start of starting positions you could be penalized with. Flag drops and you're in the middle of the exit onto the straight? Old news, I know, but new to me. Pretty sure I would've remembered that level of suck. Finished P6 so can't complain TOO much but, damn, gotta work on my Q (2:20.333).:cheers:

Last edited:
@mellofello9 I'm glad we got another chance at Spa. That was a cool clean race photo you took. I've been trying to shave off more time. I'm in the low 2'24.000's.

I'm glad you're in good shape and are back to racing. Lol, now I'm worried at what position I'm gonna start in. That would not be good starting the race crashing into other cars.

How does the Starlink work for gaming? What kind of speed are you getting?
It works pretty well--usually 3 green bars, sometimes 3 yellow ones next to my name.. I'm in an extremely rural area (closest US town is almost 30 miles away, closest Canadian town is about 7 miles) so there aren't too many people in my Starlink cell. Some tall trees occasionally cause short breaks, but I've only had connection issues a few times during a race.

My connection works well 75% of the time. However 25% of my races go haywire meaning that it gets disconnected or the game freezes up. I can tell by the color of the network bar.

Back