GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,294 comments
Wow, I missed a lot of great posts this late afternoon. It's so good seeing everyone having fun out there.

@ElectricNaz your rank must be at an A or B, cause you raced with @MetalApe.

@Stilva so how did you like the new selection of tracks? I love driving the Yaris. It does slide quite a bit, but I can manage it.

@Jflijohn Well I'm back at square one. My DR and SR is back to 0. My last few races at HSR, I finished 7th-13th. So I had no top 5 finishes.
The races seem fine to me. I usually don't do Race A unless it's at Special Stage Route X as I'm not a fan of racing road cars. Spa is a good track although I do manage to spin myself out a bunch. But, Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks to race at so I'm all in for Race C. I'm hoping I can get some top 5 finishes in the Huracan as that's my go to car.

Haven’t been on the game much because basement vs summer? Summer wins.

But gr4 at RA has me interested but I need to get my NormskVR account up to menu book 9 so I can start over in VR.

I’m not fast enough in VR yet to race on my main accounts but really like the VR view now so starting over at DR E at RA seems like the right start.

RA was my very first ever sport race way back in February 2023. I was terrible at it. That seems like a long time ago now. 😁

Edit: Speaking of RA (Road Atlanta) why can’t GT also do Road America? Arguably much better than Road Atlanta and one of the best tracks in the country. Also my home track (just up the road from me). Rant over.
Agree, it’s one of the best road courses in the world! It’s in Project Cars too, but that game has no support anymore.

Was at the IMSA race at Road America in ‘23 and got a hot lap with a pro driver. Epic track.

Are we getting one lap more at Spa in B this week than usual (5 versus 4). Seems like the time between races is less (4-5 minutes) which is nice.

Last edited:
My first win since I resumed racing after a 2 year interruption while we moved to a new state!
Gran Turismo® 7_20240722202642.jpg

Would it be interesting if all three compounds we’re available and they tried to influence our choices through the tire multiplier?

With the impending update, and tires in the news, it made me wonder if this might lead to people making more personalized strategies. At least, maybe add more viable options and thought per race. Rather than the beep, beep, bye..drive through pits are now.

Ps: don’t know about you guys, but im scrubbing the 💩 out of these hards after a week on the softs.

I got my NormskVR account to cafe menu 9 so Sport was enabled. I jumped on two A races. Being back at DR E/ SR B is a trip! I was on pole for both races, got fastest lap for both races and finished.... In the last half of the grid! :D

Let's just say the Yaris is a bit twitchy. First race, I got a jump start penalty as I did not know where my brake was with the VR goggles on LOL. Second race I remembered I actually have a hand brake that works so used that and was able to pull ahead with a clean lead only to crash out twice on the last corner - twitchy slides caught me out.

My lap time is not impressive but I'm taking on a new goal. All my QTs will be done with no rabbit to chase. It will be me, only me and nothing but me, so Lord help me! :cheers:

what are the top cars for C this week as I'm away. Jag again?
the Jag seems to be fastest judging the top times

Anyway, I did race C in the Lexus RC. Have not done a daily race in a long time, focussed on the World Series and real life but wanted to do one in the RC as I recently bought this beautiful coupe (the 300H, not the F unfortunately) and Road Atlanta is such an awesome track. The best tracks in this game for me are the US based tracks like this one and Watkins Glen.

Was on pole and had an NSX behind me all race. I pitted lap 9 and changed tyres. What a horrible pit entry by the way, really should have practiced it a few times! Anyway, the NSX pitted lap 11 and did not chance tyres so he came out ahead but I could catch up quick on those fresher tyres. End of the lap I was right behind him and as he was slow out of the chicane there was an oppertunity and I went for it but had to go around the outside:

Seemed both he and me were really trying to avoid contact and give the other just about enough room, such a shame for him to lose control. Would have been an awesome final lap...

Road America is in Automobilista2 and iRacing but not AC or ACC. It also has the Fanatec GT World Challenge races in August that I plan on going to. Should be fun to see real GT cars racing even though I don’t know the drivers.

If you want to know what's what and who's who and how everyone is doing in the competition you can visite GT World on youtube. It's the official SRO channel and has all World Challenges.

There is also "Motorsport Kalender 2024" on Google Play. Guy does his absolute best to track ALL Auto an Motorcycle Sports events during the year. It's Dutch but shouldn't be a big problem.

Congrats!!!

But 2 years? where is the new state? Mars? 😱
Almost. Idaho. Way north Idaho. It didn't take 2 years to get here, but it took about that to clear land, build a cabin, set up solar and Starlink, and get stuff out of of storage so I could go racing again (in between cutting and splitting wood so we wouldn't freeze on the winter). Unfortunately I had to sell my wheel--no room in a little cabin--so I had to learn how to race on a controller.

Race C this week is a perfect place to tank my DR (A) on my main account. I don't even need to try hard to do that. 🤭

I ran 20 laps in qualifying with the Alfa to see if it's competitive and got an okay QT out of that (that's what I thought...). Then I did just two more laps with the Aston Martin and was faster already. Damn.

Went into the first race with the Alfa anyways, because I'm stubborn... Despite my QT in the top 800 at that time, I was only 13th on the starting grid 🫣. It went as expected: I finished dead last. Glorious.
What I still didn't like was that everyone who passed me did so by leaning or diving without caring about heavy contact. Too aggressive for my taste in a longer race. The second race went similar, but at least I finished P11.

After that I tried some races on my practice account (B/S), still with the Alfa, and it went way better in every regard. Still some very quick guys in there, but way more respectful driving and fairplay. Better results, even one podium, despite me still making dumb mistakes. The race itself is great (except the 🤬 pit entry), so I'll stay there. Or tank my main account a bit more, just like our good forum friend @skandiamannen did.

Last edited:
I'm a bit shocked how terrible I'm doing in Spa. Best qualifying time I've got so far (after ~8 laps) is in the 2:23:xx range. Going to have to practice a bit more before I'm fit to race there...

So, had a race where for the first time ever, the pit entry caused issues. In the below videos, I'm in the Green Vantage, and the "accuser" is in the purple. Apparently I'm a dirty idiot for stopping in a corner (that was his broken English attempt at moaning) and "I've been reported". All I replied was no, watch the replay.

Anyway, this was the incident:

In my head, his line out of the chicane had no suggestion he was trying to pit (surely there you stay narrow like everyone else does, especially when a car is RIGHT behind you, and he was so slow I tried to take the inside line to overtake as I had a better exit but he just slammed the brakes on in the middle of the track to try and make the pit line. I don't think I was in the wrong here but if I was, can someone explain what I should have done? Happy to take on any feedback because I genuinely don't think I was in the wrong here.

And later in the lap, he did this, and took out the wrong driver.... And yet he called me the idiot?

Hmmmm.....

Wouldn't have minded any of the races this week, probably would have majored on Race C, but I have a nasty bout of sciatica which precludes me from putting any pressure through my numb right leg ☹️

I can't stand up, sit down, walk, or lie down - anything else is pretty much OK though 🤣

I'll just have to live the races through you guys reports this week.

So, had a race where for the first time ever, the pit entry caused issues. In the below videos, I'm in the Green Vantage, and the "accuser" is in the purple. Apparently I'm a dirty idiot for stopping in a corner (that was his broken English attempt at moaning) and "I've been reported". All I replied was no, watch the replay.

In my head, his line out of the chicane had no suggestion he was trying to pit (surely there you stay narrow like everyone else does, especially when a car is RIGHT behind you, and he was so slow I tried to take the inside line to overtake as I had a better exit but he just slammed the brakes on in the middle of the track to try and make the pit line. I don't think I was in the wrong here but if I was, can someone explain what I should have done? Happy to take on any feedback because I genuinely don't think I was in the wrong here.

And later in the lap, he did this, and took out the wrong driver.... And yet he called me the idiot?

Hmmmm.....

The dude in Purple is an A+ plonker, he's totally in the wrong. In real life he'd get an absolute bollocking from the stewards, slowing on the racing line to enter the pits like that would be a massive safety hazard.

I got about ten Tsukuba races in into this morning. It was fun racing with Jake_Moon and his other friends. Three races I finished 4th, two I finished 3rd and the rest of them I finished between 5th-7th. So the results were not that bad for a night's work. I haven't started any Spa races yet, I need to get some extra sleep first. So the past 2 weeks have been a blast especially this one with the car and track combos.

Hmmmm.....

three sorts of drivers that I am always carefull with after seeing their livery: one is drivers with a full very bright metal livery, like gold or chrome. Second are liveries based on smoking drugs or drinking alcohol. It seems that most first do consume and then race.

Then comes drivers that dress their car up as their favourite footballteam. If they take the mentality of a fanatic fan on track then you might be a risk to others. In this case the driver has both his name and his livery based on his favourite football team, Anderlecht of Brussels.

(I know that above is a bot of a prejudice from my site but learned this by experience)

Yeah, I usually watch for things like that too, the livery represents if a driver has a good or bad attitude and driving style, whether they cuss you out in the post-chat, ram/sideswipe or do devious tricks to distract you during the race. If I do reach a B rank in the future, I'm keeping it at that, A would be too insane to keep up with.

Almost. Idaho. Way north Idaho. It didn't take 2 years to get here, but it took about that to clear land, build a cabin, set up solar and Starlink, and get stuff out of of storage so I could go racing again (in between cutting and splitting wood so we wouldn't freeze on the winter). Unfortunately I had to sell my wheel--no room in a little cabin--so I had to learn how to race on a controller.

I'm reading a man living the dream right here. Cabin, nature, chopping wood AND online solar powered racing... Doesn't get any better than that. You won the lottery or something?

Hmmmm.....

He should have been grateful. You protected him from getting a 3 second penalty for pit lane infraction. 😎

He should have been grateful. You protected him from getting a 3 second penalty for pit lane infraction. 😎
It was interesting watching the replay of one of my races yesterday. An A+ driver doing a no qualifying time race from the back went to enter the pits, realised he'd just crossed the line, so aborted the stop and did it the next lap instead. It worked, he made it to the top 3. Wish I'd been on the ball enough to do the same in one of my races 😿, but I'll primed and ready to abort like that if it does happen again.

Hey, I saw your time on my friends board, I'd like to know how you got it, I can't load your ghost as there is not a blue icon next to your name. I'm stuck in the high 1'05.000's. And I'm using AT.

Don't have much time for racing this week. But I really like Road Atlanta (even though it has been used so many times before in Sport mode apparently). Did 20 quali laps in the Supra yesterday and I chanced a race. I normally don't race on Monday but since I do not have the time in the upcoming weekend.

The race didn't even go so bad. Started P8. I was very cautious on some corner exits (especially the last corner of sector 1) to avoid track limits. So several people could pass me. Was P10 or P11 at the end of lap 1. Took me most of the race to achieve a nice racing rhythm and drive somewhat faster (within 1 second of my quali time). Last 3 or 4 laps went this way and were very enjoyable.

I remembered the pit entry and practiced this beforehand. Didn't practice the pit exit though.. 3 sec penalty ofcourse. Ended up in P9, 4 seconds behind P8. So without the penalty I maybe finished P8. Still gained DR though because I'm barely DR B.

At one point someone was driving very slowly on the racing line, maybe after a spin or something. I overtook him on the inside and he turned into me. This turned out worse for him than for me. Was feeling guilty a bit, but why drive so slowly on the racing line? I could barely avoid him. I didn't stop to let him back through because of his strange track position.

Don't have much time for racing this week. But I really like Road Atlanta (even though it has been used so many times before in Sport mode apparently). Did 20 quali laps in the Supra yesterday and I chanced a race. I normally don't race on Monday but since I do not have the time in the upcoming weekend.

The race didn't even go so bad. Started P8. I was very cautious on some corner exits (especially the last corner of sector 1) to avoid track limits. So several people could pass me. Was P10 or P11 at the end of lap 1. Took me most of the race to achieve a nice racing rhythm and drive somewhat faster (within 1 second of my quali time). Last 3 or 4 laps went this way and were very enjoyable.

I remembered the pit entry and practiced this beforehand. Didn't practice the pit exit though.. 3 sec penalty ofcourse. Ended up in P9, 4 seconds behind P8. So without the penalty I maybe finished P8. Still gained DR though because I'm barely DR B.

At one point someone was driving very slowly on the racing line, maybe after a spin or something. I overtook him on the inside and he turned into me. This turned out worse for him than for me. Was feeling guilty a bit, but why drive so slowly on the racing line? I could barely avoid him. I didn't stop to let him back through because of his strange track position.
I gotta get myself geared up for RA, maybe close to the weekend I'll start the C race action. 13 laps shouldn't be that long if I average 1'25.000-1'26.000 per lap, and making one pit stop shouldn't take that long either.

Well daily race C has been kind to me and I somehow managed to sneak into DR: B. Probably won't stay here long but hey at least I got there.

Started off in the Huracan and did ok but it can be a bit twitchy towards end of race on worn tires.

Moved onto the G70 and while you do need to change tyres it's given me a second a lap faster so overall better. Even on worn tyres it feels stable so you can push a bit further if you need to try the overcut for example.

Will be interesting to see how the patch shuffles everything later in the week. Probably won't do my DR any favours.

DR C bordering B gives the most chaotic races. Half the field seems to have a sportsmanship of S, the other half C/B.
Half the lobby racing for the craft and the other to trade paint.
I miss the days of being a mid rank BS for the quality of race, but then again, there’s nothing quite like seeing a guy fly past the breaking zone to collect the leader.
I gotta get out of C/B lol

Last edited:
Well daily race C has been kind to me and I somehow managed to sneak into DR: B. Probably won't stay here long but hey at least I got there.

Started off in the Huracan and did ok but it can be a bit twitchy towards end of race on worn tires.

Moved onto the G70 and while you do need to change tyres it's given me a second a lap faster so overall better. Even on worn tyres it feels stable so you can push a bit further if you need to try the overcut for example.

Will be interesting to see how the patch shuffles everything later in the week. Probably won't do my DR any favours.
This tire wear differs greatly from car to car then. I didn't change tires in the Supra, and my most worn tires (left side) were about half gone after 13 laps.

Hey, I saw your time on my friends board, I'd like to know how you got it, I can't load your ghost as there is not a blue icon next to your name. I'm stuck in the high 1'05.000's. And I'm using AT.
You mean race A, right?

I've shared it now, should be available for you on my profile.

three sorts of drivers that I am always carefull with after seeing their livery: one is drivers with a full very bright metal livery, like gold or chrome. Second are liveries based on smoking drugs or drinking alcohol. It seems that most first do consume and then race.
That's exactly why I discarded the Heineken livery from my Yaris for race A. 🤭🍻

DR C bordering B gives the most chaotic races. Half the field seems to have a sportsmanship of S, the other half C/B.
Half the lobby racing for the craft and the other to trade paint.
I miss the days of being a mid rank BS for the quality of race, but then again, there’s nothing quite like seeing a guy fly past the breaking zone to collect the leader.
I gotta get out of C/B lol
I really dislike those lobbies.

When you are up against folks who are SR: D & E (the folks who are dirty & not just had a bad race or two) and you are the only SR: S, Welp!

The only thing I learned to do is let them battle themselves and try to stay out the way even if it means giving up places.

Rory Alexander (EERIEISSSS on YouTube) did a video recently about getting punted and said something like "better to lose the battle but win the war".

So in context let the dirty drivers go, especially early on in a race and you will often see them take themselves out later.

It's what I try to stick to though some folks do really test my patience at times.

Back