GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,139 comments
@mellofello9 I'm glad we got another chance at Spa. That was a cool clean race photo you took. I've been trying to shave off more time. I'm in the low 2'24.000's.

I'm glad you're in good shape and are back to racing. Lol, now I'm worried at what position I'm gonna start in. That would not be good starting the race crashing into other cars.
Don't get me wrong, it's not instant crash-O-matic, just too damn slow, lol. Means you got folks chewin' on your bumper/alongside going into T1. A position back (and further) just has an extra couple milliseconds to set themselves up for a stronger/strong-ish exit onto the straight to keep a bit more gap to the next position back.👍

I stand by the fact that it's a crappy place to start, but also concede it beats not racing at all!😁

Short report from my adventures in DR high B - I've done A, B and C races, and C is the by far funniest in DR B. You have some really super fast and skilled folks, with alien times, that are very clean, considerate and friendly. Then there's another set of people who seems to try to prove something. I met a guy today, that had the following interesting stats: 4800 races, 3800 Top 5, 1800 wins. That's very impressive if you're DR B. How do you avoid being A+ with those stats?

I was about to find out.

Was following the dude for about 5 laps - he could drive thats for sure. On around lap 11 he made a small error, put the four wheels in the grass and got 0.5 sec pen. On the way up to the slowdown he brake checked me, not once but twice. Half a lap later he murders me with a cannon ball. I ended up last, he ended up P4 :lol:

Of course your SR ratings goes bananas if this is the way you score your positions, so that's the explanation to the weird stats, and yes, I can see that this is fun for some people in a strange way. Poor guys.

Last edited:
Did some qualifying laps for Race A, but I think it may take a little getting used to the handling. I'll try to avoid over-braking as another comment seems to imply, too. I'd similarly try practicing for the upcoming TGR Cup race that uses the same car, but since the physics update comes this Thursday, I think it makes infinitely more sense to just wait until after the update. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing how fast the GR Yaris takes off from a grid start.

I'm in quite an awkward situation with this week's races. I'm at an all-time low motivation wise for racing online and therefore I'm desperately out of practice. Spa, RA and Tsukuba in a fun road car has me really wanting to get out there and race but I'll have to focus on one of the three to stand a chance of being even half competent.

The reason it's awkward is because I know I'll get frustrated if I'm stuck in mixed lobbies at the bottom half of the grid, but I don't think I'm going to have ample time to fine-tune my qualifying laps. The alternative is for my DR to organically tank and then I may end up in "weaker" lobbies but perhaps not getting the competitive satisfaction needed to keep me interested.

We'll see.

Last edited:
I must say in race C. After my frustrated post earlier. I had a guy who, on the last lap he "lunged" a bit, hit me and sent me slightly wide at turn 5, luckily not wide enough for a penalty even though I was over the first kerb. I was a little angry but it wasn't a silly death lunge, more a push to make sure you get past. Worst case, I was annoyed for giving him that opportunity and being too passive.

But he purposely slowed and let me past on the final corner. I guess he didn't wanna let me past on the back straight because it would have cost him more than the one place which I completely understand. He even apologised after the race. It gave me back the 5th place as well for the stats.

There are good people in this game! Restored my faith in humanity. Thank you to Bazooka from Russia, can't remember his name exactly now. I've gone from love to hate to love this game in the space of a day 😂😂

@MIE1992 Yeah, I noticed that too. I brake at the first two turns and the car oversteers. I even have TCS set at 2 to 3 and it still has a tendency to do it. These factors are affecting my lap times.

It doesn't help that some of the most iconic liveries in racing are based around tobacco and alcohol.

I opted for a Thai beer, even though I rarely drink.

full
I aint quitting using my Jagermeister liveries

Never had trouble with the Stoners, I'd have rated them the most chilled on track.
@Sum1s2pid : that is an awesome design!! beautiful and elegant!

But just to specify: I do not mean a design based on a brand of alcohol (or cigarettes) like above. Made these myself to. But I have seen guys that just put something like a Johnny Walker logo about a dozen times or more on a car as a sort of statement, not as an expression of creativity like above. and they did drive a bit aggressive, to say the least....

oh well, I just knew I was going to get into trouble with my previous post. :D

I'm in quite an awkward situation with this week's races. I'm at an all-time low motivation wise for racing online and therefore I'm desperately out of practice. Spa, RA and Tsukuba in a fun road car has me really wanting to get out there and race but I'll have to focus on one of the three to stand a chance of being even half competent.

The reason it's awkward is because I know I'll get frustrated if I'm stuck in mixed lobbies at the bottom half of the grid, but I don't think I'm going to have ample time to fine-tune my qualifying laps. The alternative is for my DR to organically tank and then I may end up in "weaker" lobbies but perhaps not getting the competitive satisfaction needed to keep me interested.

We'll see.
do-it.gif

My motivation plummeted because I forgot to have fun while driving. After a couple months, I raced again just to race. P1 - DFL mattered not, needed to drive. Hated myself for letting dumb stuff cloud my fun.

Point? Don't set yourself up for self-hate. Get your race on.😁

Last edited:
@Sum1s2pid : that is an awesome design!! beautiful and elegant!

But just to specify: I do not mean a design based on a brand of alcohol (or cigarettes) like above. Made these myself to. But I have seen guys that just put something like a Johnny Walker logo about a dozen times or more on a car as a sort of statement, not as an expression of creativity like above. and they did drive a bit aggressive, to say the least....

oh well, I just knew I was going to get into trouble with my previous post. :D
No worries, I think I know the kind of player you're talking about. Just having some fun with it. 😅

And thanks! 👍

We'll see.
Maybe you can start a second account to climb again. Funny thing is that I wanted to tell you that I am very impressed by your qualifying lap time at race C... With the Jaaaag!
I used the Ferrari, got faster with the Cayman (fifth gear is a tiny bit too short) and went with the Aston as I was surrounded by a swarm of them in my last race today. As a C driver race C is always a perfect match for me and with my actual qualifying lap time I am quite happy. (Mieze is faster as usual but he's a B(east) now...) 😉

Last edited:
So, my first race in a while today, could only manage 6 mins of QT and a 2.24 odd at Spa but wow the race was awesome, starting p14 got my way up to p6 with p5 just up ahead and I pushed those hards just too hard, dropped 2 places but a good race.

F1 this weekend so sure I’ll manage a few more in support 😉

So, my first race in a while today, could only manage 6 mins of QT and a 2.24 odd at Spa but wow the race was awesome, starting p14 got my way up to p6 with p5 just up ahead and I pushed those hards just too hard, dropped 2 places but a good race.

There's an F1 event going on? Hmmmm.....

I'm in the 2'24.000 range too at Spa, so I'm right along there with you.

Short report from my adventures in DR high B - I've done A, B and C races, and C is the by far funniest in DR B. You have some really super fast and skilled folks, with alien times, that are very clean, considerate and friendly. Then there's another set of people who seems to try to prove something. I met a guy today, that had the following interesting stats: 4800 races, 3800 Top 5, 1800 wins. That's very impressive if you're DR B. How do you avoid being A+ with those stats?

I was about to find out.

Was following the dude for about 5 laps - he could drive thats for sure. On around lap 11 he made a small error, put the four wheels in the grass and got 0.5 sec pen. On the way up to the slowdown he brake checked me, not once but twice. Half a lap later he murders me with a cannon ball. I ended up last, he ended up P4 :lol:

Of course your SR ratings goes bananas if this is the way you score your positions, so that's the explanation to the weird stats, and yes, I can see that this is fun for some people in a strange way. Poor guys.
Happens a lot, unfortunately... To be fair barely played over the past 4 weeks but might change that now as I really like Road Atlanta. You have been unlucky with that guy, usually 4 wheels out of track leads to the car spinning out so don't be too disheartened.

Try to always keep the reaction of people losing control in mind! Better to lose 0.5s to slow down and anticipate a hit rather than keep going and taking the hit from them - saves a lot of time in the long races! Good luck :)

Happens a lot, unfortunately... To be fair barely played over the past 4 weeks but might change that now as I really like Road Atlanta.
Well you know that you are not allowed to race there before you've outperformed my QT, do you?

(Sorry, first lesson from the online course "motivational speeches for absolute beginners")😜

Last edited:
Little by little, I am chipping away... 😜 Driving a non-meta, of course! 😉
You're back! Wb, so what do you think of racing at Spa again? If you have some replay in the 2'19.000's or 2'20.000's I might need it as a guide. Thank you.

@TechnoIsLove

Last edited:

Hopefully McLaren doesn't do something dumb. Again. I'm not still mad. At all! 😅 😤

disappointed-zac-efron.gif

Little by little, I am chipping away... 😜 Driving a non-meta, of course! 😉
You're back! Wb, so what do you think of racing at Spa again? If you have some replay in the 2'19.000's or 2'20.000's I might need it as a guide. Thank you.

@TechnoIsLove
Haven't done Spa yet mate!

First race in 5 weeks and yep, things have not changed at all.... Started Race C in P7 after I think a 5 minute delay (bug) lol. I pit at the end of the first lap to avoid being slowed down later or the traffic/ confusion. I went in less than 0.2s behind P6 and over 1s ahead of P8 but exited over a second behind and lost half a sec to P8 lol. Anyway....

P8 is all over the place and eventually, the inevitable happens... I get a bit slowed down at the start of lap 5, meaning the 3 of us bunched up. Again, idiot behind all over the place and then decides to do a Verstappen on me! I end up in the grass, dirty tires and lost all my positions after everyone pitted... Was net P5 but came out in P13 to finish P12..

After the race, donkey boy tells me I should "stick to my line" - I did buddy, it's called the apex!

Also @Leon Kowalski a teeney bit closer now 😂

1721773234965.jpeg
1721773243981.jpeg

Last edited:
I got on tonight to check out the new races. I was only planning on doing a B&C but I got sucked into C. I usually don't like the gr4 class but Road Atlanta makes them feel lively enough. I ended up running 5 races, all of them had (very clean) side by side battles. I was able to win some and blow T1 in some.

The main thing is to not make enemies on lap one and finding a good pit window. I was consistently passing a couple of people in the pits if I found some free air after my stop.

I'm looking forward to improving my pace this week and see if I can get a streak of top 5's going.

I have a major problem with race pace vs times I can put up in qt. I know fuel and tires are a factor but I shouldn't be 2 seconds slower in clean air on spa where those factors are nominal

They... they couldn't wait literally one second to get on to the straight and pass you at or before the chicane? 😤
He wasn't going to/ I had gapped him by almost 2s in 3 laps. Only reason he was on my rear bumper is because the car in front of me had a moment a few corners before the video starts. I had to really slow down and brake hard to avoid collecting the car. I chose to not force the overtake as it is a long race and I didn't want to risk ruining my race of the race of P6.

The guy behind me, however........

Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful

First race in 5 weeks and yep, things have not changed at all.... Started Race C in P7 after I think a 5 minute delay (bug) lol. I pit at the end of the first lap to avoid being slowed down later or the traffic/ confusion. I went in less than 0.2s behind P6 and over 1s ahead of P8 but exited over a second behind and lost half a sec to P8 lol. Anyway....

P8 is all over the place and eventually, the inevitable happens... I get a bit slowed down at the start of lap 5, meaning the 3 of us bunched up. Again, idiot behind all over the place and then decides to do a Verstappen on me! I end up in the grass, dirty tires and lost all my positions after everyone pitted... Was net P5 but came out in P13 to finish P12..

After the race, donkey boy tells me I should "stick to my line" - I did buddy, it's called the apex!

😕
In my experience, I reckon about 80 percent of similar incidents involve that particular country's flag.

Great time in the 650 by the way 👍👍 I can never get the first chicane right, and if I do, I'll take it too easy later in the lap and lose time on the straight

Last edited:
Just had a great race at Road Atlanta for my 14th online win.

After the pits, I was in 2nd, 2-2.5 seconds off the lead for a few laps. 8 seconds or so ahead of 3rd. Keeping the pressure on resulted in a mistake from the leader as he ran wide at T1 (maybe his tyres were merked).... I was straighton his tail at T2, nudged him slightly wide at the left hander so put the hazards on and gave him the lead straight back on the mini straight.... But then he completely missed his braking point for the first of the two right handers and ran off, sending me through for the win!

Buzzing at that. A nervy but brilliantly exciting minute of racing!

Edit: after watching the highlights, I genuinely think he was busy putting his hazards on to say thanks and missed the brake point because of that?? Ouch... Harsh. But glad he recovered to stay second.

Last edited:
Just had a great race at Road Atlanta for my 14th online win.

After the pits, I was in 2nd, 2-2.5 seconds off the lead for a few laps. 8 seconds or so ahead of 3rd. Keeping the pressure on resulted in a mistake from the leader as he ran wide at T1 (maybe his tyres were merked).... I was straighton his tail at T2, nudged him slightly wide at the left hander so put the hazards on and gave him the lead straight back on the mini straight.... But then he completely missed his braking point for the first of the two right handers and ran off, sending me through for the win!

Buzzing at that. A nervy but brilliantly exciting minute of racing!

Edit: after watching the highlights, I genuinely think he was busy putting his hazards on to say thanks and missed the brake point because of that?? Ouch... Harsh. But glad he recovered to stay second.

When you let him by you were definitely very much being a gentleman. Contact wasn't that much and touringcar racing is a bit of a contactsport, not many would have given that place back. Remember the BTCC back in Plato's days? if you went over the finishline with your sidemirrors still on it was not concidered a good race. Rubbin'is racing to say the least.
So, hat's off to you, sir! a win is only a real win if you get it fair and square.

and a nice replay, good racing with good looking liveries....

PSA
Do NOT enter a race in a car you've never driven...😁

Yes, this is common sense. I'm just trying to cope with my own dumbassery through public admission. Ran two races last night. First one in the Trophy. Started P10, finished P8. I'm good with that but someone types out..."You should try the Vantage"...fine. Didn't have one so had to go buy. I return with less than 2:00 on the clock. Of COURSE it was a train-wreck.

Car seems fine enough and handles well...I just wasn't prepared for the tire wear (pitted L1). By the time the race ended the driver-side front was almost gone. From lap 7 or so forward T1 was absolutely killing me. Ended-up P13 so avoided DFL, but still learned a valuable lesson.🤣

PSA
Do NOT enter a race in a car you've never driven...😁

Yes, this is common sense. I'm just trying to cope with my own dumbassery through public admission. Ran two races last night. First one in the Trophy. Started P10, finished P8. I'm good with that but someone types out..."You should try the Vantage"...fine. Didn't have one so had to go buy. I return with less than 2:00 on the clock. Of COURSE it was a train-wreck.

Car seems fine enough and handles well...I just wasn't prepared for the tire wear (pitted L1). By the time the race ended the driver-side front was almost gone. From lap 7 or so forward T1 was absolutely killing me. Ended-up P13 so avoided DFL, but still learned a valuable lesson.🤣
+5 brake balance helps with this on the Vantage and you get better rotation. There is no need for a tire change

View attachment 1374845 View attachment 1374846

Ouch, that had to be painful. And he just drove off! That annoys me when people run into me and don't give a ****. They just do want they want to do and break the rules. I bet you were steaming mad. Did you still get the CRB after the race?

The key to Eau Rouge is to do it without steering!
IMG_5257.jpeg

Well, I figured out the minimal steering through Eau Rouge and faster through Kemmel now. I usually get it figured out about Sunday night when tracks change.
At my level, I’m very satisfied with a 5th in an all B lobby.

There is lots to learn here. The drivers are very aggressive but not dirty. It’s a tough mindset to go from dirty drivers to good aggressive drivers.

View attachment 1375016

Well, I figured out the minimal steering through Eau Rouge and faster through Kemmel now. I usually get it figured out about Sunday night when tracks change.
At my level, I’m very satisfied with a 5th in an all B lobby.

There is lots to learn here. The drivers are very aggressive but not dirty. It’s a tough mindset to go from dirty drivers to good aggressive drivers.
Cool, you got a top-5 finish! I can't believe it's almost August. Before you know it, it will be 2025.

Last edited:
Back