Gran Turismo 7’s New Physics Are Not Entirely Going Well

• Thread starter Famine
  • 398 comments
I'm still trying to optimize the tune for max insanity but 30 seconds straight of air time and going over 1,000 mph from gravity falling I would guess a few miles is a decent start.

Also my 0.01 pp Fiat 500 is a little bit faster now so this is probably the best GT7 update so far.

I'm still trying to optimize the tune for max insanity but 30 seconds straight of air time and going over 1,000 mph from gravity falling I would guess a few miles is a decent start.

Also my 0.01 pp Fiat 500 is a little bit faster now so this is probably the best GT7 update so far.

Haha, I laughed so hard when all of the buses instantly goes bananas at the standing start, leaving only the little Fiat and its headlights. And how it slowly and casually just drive through all of the havoc (even though I guess he is flooring it 🙂). Sublime.

Why do publishers not learn not to release untested code to the public?
game is working fine , just certain suspension setting is making it glitchy aka bouncing but default settings are safe

Last edited:
Got a few videos with the Love Bug flying off of SSRX. I'm not sure if I can play much as now the game makes me motion sick both in VR and on my flat screen.😞
So you should play shorter sessions and in between each session, you should take a 3-5 min. break at the City of Art and Sciences VR showroom.

The-City-of-Arts-and-Sciences-1024x576.jpg

If you face the direction your car is facing, there is a building off in the distance with a sign on top of it displaying a company name which I can't recall at the moment. But if you focus your gaze on that sign for at least 2-3 minutes, it will both relax your vision and settle down any motion-sick nausea so you can go back in. I used a similar technique when I was playing Horizon Call of the Mountain and trained myself to do longer sessions without nausea.

I know you can also just wait for an update, but after seeing these videos I was already preparing myself for the motion sickness boost and this specific solution I discovered for GT7 VR.

Out of all the updates how many had issues like this? From some of the comments on here you`d think it was every update, lighten up a little and put the pitch forks away. :lol:

Well we had crashed server for several days
We had crazy Fiat500 vs Tomahawk races
We had pitstops that teleported you into the leader of races

I think many more. This is perfectly normal update if you ask me :D

A QA fail? I guarantee these issues were noted and found. Devs pick and choose which bugs to fix.
Well, then there is a Product Owner who should get fired. It's the PO who prioritises work, not the dev team that "pick and choose". But I also cannot imagine, how even the most basic testing would not have uncovered this.

That makes me really wonder who's testing the updates before release at PD? The janitor? The cleaning lady??! smh

But at least there's something entertaining about it... Especially if you see certain Youtubers claiming that this is "A gAmEcHaNgEr".
Don't insult the janitor and the cleaning staff! :D

Died 2004
Born 2024
Welcome back, GT3 Escudo.

View attachment 1375595
12.000 km/h in reverse?! 🤪🚀

I think PD probably will sell quite a few copies of the game SOLELY because of all these bouncy videos and that people want to try to replicate it.
I guess the number of trending GT7 videos drastically went up since yesterday.
They say all publicity is good publicity…
So…
This has to be a very creative publicity stunt from PD!

I was able to replicate the glitch on my swapped Samba Bus. It's easy to flip and make it rotate but I couldn't manage to get it high up into the air. Any tips how to achieve this?🙂

Isn't there anyone using the physics glitch to investigate zones of the circuits out of limits? For example, to see how well the internal circuitry of Stage Route X is modeled?
You think its also possible to use the physics glitch to reveal the adverts from these two mystery billboards in Tokyo Expressway Central?
20970389310347597.jpg20970913446100514.jpg

(Edit: With the help of some the replays shared by others on Gran Turismo, I actually found what adverts they are, except they are all anticlimactic as these all already exist around elsewhere on the same track)

Last edited:
The physics are ****. The wheel feels completely dead, no real connection to the car. So where is the weight transfer improved, when I can't feel it at all? SUPER difficult to slide and drift or to catches a slide. It so easily ends now in snap-oversteer and into the wall. What were they thinking?
Yeah the snap oversteer is ridiculous, so unnatural. The physics were better before the patch

Last edited by a moderator:
The physics are ****. The wheel feels completely dead, no real connection to the car. So where is the weight transfer improved, when I can't feel it at all? SUPER difficult to slide and drift or to catches a slide. It so easily ends now in snap-oversteer and into the wall. What were they thinking?
Are you sure it's the physics and not you? Or your old tunes needing an update?

I'm loving all these bonkers videos, if only there was a way for them to fix it in the normal game but add a bouncy flying car mode. :D

Back