GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,217 comments
If they were AI, my success rate would be much higher
Me too, ive noticed that there was quite a few drivers that were at the back of the grid all with the lap time of 1.22 min (recent Honda eigor daily race) which made me wonder if they were AI - but maybe people don't set a track time ? i can see the fun in that as they work through the field,

+

Prior to the race start, what does the warm up session do ? - as it only seems to last for about 30 seconds, if that

Me too, ive noticed that there was quite a few drivers that were at the back of the grid all with the lap time of 1.22 min (recent Honda eigor daily race) which made me wonder if they were AI - but maybe people don't set a track time ? i can see the fun in that as they work through the field,

+

Prior to the race start, what does the warm up session do ? - as it only seems to last for about 30 seconds, if that
+1 to what @newmedia_dev said.👍

Also worth mentioning that it sometimes turns into an impromptu demolition derby, donut session, drift workout, etc. Don't get mad.😁

+

I think it’s an excuse for them to take time to set the room order (just a guess on my part).
I use it as the time to make sure my fire extinguisher is within reach and my helmet and 5 point harness are synched 🤪

+1 to what @newmedia_dev said.👍

Also worth mentioning that it sometimes turns into an impromptu demolition derby, donut session, drift workout, etc. Don't get mad.😁
I shall now view it differently as from now on that sounds like a prompt for "game on" all be it for 30 seconds ..............I tried a late night race the other day in the Honda single seater, but felt like all were putting me in their cross hairs as i was the only one in a livery - Ferrari Red with all the others bog standard white livery 😐

It's just somewhere to check your settings etc while the lobby loads. It's not really warm up. It's more useful in a slow loading lobby where someone is struggling to join
I thought that the warm up was to check for rain in events where it might be happening. Before they wasted all that time on that silly map which sits to the bottom left of the screen..never to be clicked.

The question I'm left with from this week is - Why is it that whenever they do anything creative and fun-looking with the cars for race C, they always have to hamstring themselves with the settings?

This week's C was really short. The week with the tuned road cars at Watkins Glen was also really short. The two weeks with the 86s/BRZs, both were at Autopolis that very few people like and where you can't overtake in those cars. None of those four races had any tyre strategy. And this goes all the way back to that race in the Silvias early last year where you couldn't buy the meta Sileighty at the time so if you didn't have it you were just out of luck.

If they want race C to just be Gr. cars and occasionally a Super Formula, then just run those races instead of giving us weeks that look like a fun change of pace but then trip over their own shoelaces before the finish line.

I shall now view it differently as from now on that sounds like a prompt for "game on" all be it for 30 seconds ..............I tried a late night race the other day in the Honda single seater, but felt like all were putting me in their cross hairs as i was the only one in a livery - Ferrari Red with all the others bog standard white livery 😐
Another thing worth mentioning...time of day can make all the difference in the lobbies you'll get placed in. For instance, I'm in the North American lobbies and I know if I go racing after 11 PM ET, I'm signing up for potential bloodbath. Conversely, if I go racing at 8 AM ET, it's a largely bloodless affair.

Couldn't remember if you were new to the fray or not. If this is old news, apologies. Otherwise, ToD can be a HUGE contributor to the frustration-factor. 👍

Probably in the wrong thread but is there any helpful guide for the yaris GR around grand valley? As far as I can make out it's a good exercise in left foot braking but I'm open to ideas 🤣

Probably in the wrong thread but is there any helpful guide for the yaris GR around grand valley? As far as I can make out it's a good exercise in left foot braking but I'm open to ideas 🤣
It's very much trying to control the oversteer.

You should be left foot braking all the time in all races mate as a general tip if using a wheel.

Its faster as you don't have mechanical transition time (moving your foot across the pedals)

As a quick guide, brake early for T1 and take the higher gear but accelerate earlier it will keep up with the ghost. The other pinch point is the sharp essess, just brake early and short shift early so pull through them. On a hot lap not hitting the track limit at the down hill compression is hit and miss.

The only other tip is to hold the higher gear in the down hill mountain section and then balance the car

Last edited:
TGR thread here, FWIW...

I'm not doing many races this week, I need to slow down, and not overdo it. I gotta save my energy for next week. You guys hyoed up about BMB and the Nords track? We get enough of Road Atlanta so I may not do many races there. I don't know what class of cars will be featured though so I can't really practice ahead of time. That's the downside.

@mellofello9 what rig? It's deja vu to the old C races we had in GTsport at the Nordschleife and the 24th track. Remember those?

Today I had my best piece of racing since I got GT7. The fact that I lost the position doesn't matter at all. Side by side for the whole sector 1 in Suzuka.

All of next week races looks interesting even though I'm not really a setup car guy.

Really hope to have something dynamic for the Nord. Can't believe PD is never using their awesome potential with the dailies.

Today I had my best piece of racing since I got GT7. The fact that I lost the position doesn't matter at all. Side by side for the whole sector 1 in Suzuka.

All of next week races looks interesting even though I'm not really a setup car guy.

Really hope to have something dynamic for the Nord. Can't believe PD is never using their awesome potential with the dailies.

Lol whoa, that intro was wicked cool. It's like going through a portal. We better take advantage of next week because I rarely ever see BMB and the Nords track here anymore, it was in GTsport back in 2019-2021. So, I'll be up and ready at 3am Monday, in Europe they don't switch over until 9am, because the UK is six hours ahead of us.

I know @GrumpyOldMan will be semi-happy about BMB, idk if he is a fan or not. I know I am.

It's very much trying to control the oversteer.

You should be left foot braking all the time in all races mate as a general tip if using a wheel.

Its faster as you don't have mechanical transition time (moving your foot across the pedals)

As a quick guide, brake early for T1 and take the higher gear but accelerate earlier it will keep up with the ghost. The other pinch point is the sharp essess, just brake early and short shift early so pull through them. On a hot lap not hitting the track limit at the down hill compression is hit and miss.

The only other tip is to hold the higher gear in the down hill mountain section and then balance the car
Left foot braking in real life does not translate well to this particular race, I am well versed in the art of it from years of racing fwd cars but I'm am struggling with this particular setup 🤣 I have the whole day tomorrow to try and get some bit of a reasonable time around there..feel sorry for my father though, he is still 5 seconds slower than me per lap 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Tazzy-91 How good is your dad at this game, maybe it's due to his age. I hope I can maintain this as long as I'm able to, see I'll turn 33 in September. Not that far away. Me quitting that race at Suzuka the other day tanked my DR/SR, so I hope I can get caught up over the weekend.

I guess I'll leave my time at 2'02.984 at Suzuka, it took several laps to earn it, I'm not really far from GM's time, so I must be on to something or my name isn't Captain Quick! It's a hard course, there are many sections where I have to have a good rhythm and quick reflexes if I even want to get a sub 2'02.000 time.

The worst is that double left turn after the U-turn, after the Bridgestone landmark. And I despise Degner 1 and Spoon.

Last edited:
Left foot braking in real life does not translate well to this particular race, I am well versed in the art of it from years of racing fwd cars but I'm am struggling with this particular setup 🤣 I have the whole day tomorrow to try and get some bit of a reasonable time around there..feel sorry for my father though, he is still 5 seconds slower than me per lap 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yaris is extremely sketchy under braking, you just want to be going really soft with it, don't use full pressure and ease it through as much as you can.

And as @newmedia_dev said, in most races/sims you always want to be left foot braking. GT7 especially so, as you can't even use the clutch in Sport Mode events if you wanted to - makes it pointless to keep your inputs as one or the other.

1723247367173.png

I think I just wet myself. Hot Damn!

Wet Nord with these new physics?
Please, God, no. Just no.
I know @GrumpyOldMan will be semi-happy about BMB
Don't know if I like it or not - can't remember. Besides, assuming the 'Ring isn't wet, I'll be living and breathing it.
It's about time PD featured Blue Moon Bay in the daily races. Idk when the last time we saw it, it could have been last year. @GrumpyOldMan may know since he owns Grantracker.

1723247618635.png

Someday, when I grow up and retire, I'm hoping I won't have to start my race week on Friday evenings anymore. 🤣

Today is not that day, however, and the struggle was real at Suzuka. First race had me sitting P6 on a 2:00.069 QT. I had run some laps before I entered but for some reason was just plain rattled. Couldn't find my groove and played 'jam-car' for the first lap and a half, which put me P12. Was able to get back to P7 for finish but damn, it was a fight.

Nabbed a couple podiums after that and was able to knock a couple tenths off the Q between races. Decided to call it a night after the room got a bit chaotic and netted me a P12 finish for my last race. The soil had turned...

Porsche seems to be pretty dialed for me here. Have been able to carve huge chunks of time off people at the hairpin and then 15 through Casio. The thing is a monster in the brake zone. Has made for some great racing.👍

:cheers:

Absolutely loved the Honda/Eigor daily race, & as I'm actually getting closer to the front its cropped up another question/ issue that I`d like to hear peoples opinions on. Its the "Ghosting" of the backmarkers ........whether you're chasing or being chased, the imminent appearance of a backmarker in the distance creates a chance for something to happen, I think personally i`d rather have an obstacle/solid car for us to negotiate than just being able to drive through it ?

Absolutely loved the Honda/Eigor daily race, & as I'm actually getting closer to the front its cropped up another question/ issue that I`d like to hear peoples opinions on. Its the "Ghosting" of the backmarkers ........whether you're chasing or being chased, the imminent appearance of a backmarker in the distance creates a chance for something to happen, I think personally i`d rather have an obstacle/solid car for us to negotiate than just being able to drive through it ?

There would likely be utter carnage and many innocents receiving penalties through someone else's error. But also, knowing a car won't ghost would also be good - we've likely all kept the foot down/taken a line and hope that the car ahead won't suddenly un-ghost.

It would be interesting to try a few weekends and see how it went - the Chicane Of Death may be very interesting 🙈🙄

I decided to go to bed last night, I woke up at about 7am and then booted up my laptop, and now I'm gonna do some Suzuka races. But not too many now. So, what are y'all gonna do this weekend? There has been more carnage at Suzuka than Eiger to me, which is odd. I've only finished 4 races at Eiger and they weren't as bad as the ones at Suzuka, so I'll trade it for BMB any old day.

They introduced the ghosting of backmarkers to stop people using it as a way of revenge attacking, ie waiting a lap for someone who they had had a problem with, and then blocking or ramming them.

Well, sigh. I did 4 races at Suzuka and 1 at Eiger Nordwand. I finished between 8th-13th in all of them which tanked my DR even more. It seems like the morning/afternoon lobbies are more accurate, aggressive and smart as opposed to the evening lobbies. Plus they take more time to load.

So now back to the drawing board. I'm at a high-D again! Oh the itony, I seem to defend better at Eiger than Suzuka. The Online connection has been working fine today. So, how are y'all doing this weekend with the racing. I haven't even touched Sardegna yet.

Back