GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,349 comments
Well I'll get the hang of it, the bus stop is the easier part. I actually think the Short version is better because it cuts out those extra turns and corners/walls. I'm sure some won't agree but I hope GV consists of a selection of Group 3 cars. I'll stick with the Alfa 4C for now until I don't get anymore good lap times.

Last edited:
Good evening, people of the internet! 😁 Hope your racing week has been going well... I had my first opportunity this week to do some racings so hopped into B-Account, set a 1:14:3 for Race C and started in a pitiful P12 - so wasn't expecting much.... However...

The racing was clean, the Gods didn't poo on me and during those 15 laps at Watkins Glen, it was nothing but bumper-to-bumper racing with real care from everyone to ensure no collisions took place! I thought I was dreaming lol 😂 Thought it wasn't my best example of racing, I was consistent in the NSX and thanks to some good anticipation from my end, smart driving from the dude behind me and remaining chill, I was able to gain six place and finish in P6 with just a 5s gap from the winner, who started 11 places ahead of me!

Really pleased with this, especially since I didn't have a decent warm up before the race started 😎

1724454323179.jpeg
1724454332058.jpeg

1724454368209.jpeg

PS - No idea why I lost my clean race bonus nut who cares? It was fun and that's what matters! 😵🧐🤔

Good evening, people of the internet! 😁 Hope your racing week has been going well... I had my first opportunity this week to do some racings so hopped into B-Account, set a 1:14:3 for Race C and started in a pitiful P12 - so wasn't expecting much.... However...

The racing was clean, the Gods didn't poo on me and during those 15 laps at Watkins Glen, it was nothing but bumper-to-bumper racing with real care from everyone to ensure no collisions took place! I thought I was dreaming lol 😂 Thought it wasn't my best example of racing, I was consistent in the NSX and thanks to some good anticipation from my end, smart driving from the dude behind me and remaining chill, I was able to gain six place and finish in P6 with just a 5s gap from the winner, who started 11 places ahead of me!

Really pleased with this, especially since I didn't have a decent warm up before the race started 😎

View attachment 1383555 View attachment 1383556

View attachment 1383557

PS - No idea why I lost my clean race bonus nut who cares? It was fun and that's what matters! 😵🧐🤔

Hi mate, happy Friday to you. You have an alt account, Bruceybruce? I never noticed it before. I honestly don't really care about the CRB either, as long as I finish in the top 5, I'm okay with that. That P12 has an interesting nickname, Moonrake, xD. I had a weird dream a week ago where I was playing gt7 and I was racing with six other drivers at Watkins Glen and I lost, :(

Finished in 5th.

Last edited:
Grand Valley should be good next week. Once I learned the track, it's been a favorite. The only minor gripe about the track I have is the strict track limits on the final chicane made of the concrete sidewalk thingies. I've have received many off track penalties there. I'm curious what will be at the Red Bull Ring which is also a favorite track of mine. I'll skip Suzuka as that's been done too many times recently.

Just tried some different cars at Watkins Glen on one of my alts and my god the Group 4 Aston Martin is awesome. I think I fell in love 😍😅
I think the G4 Aston is my favourite car on the game. Don't think I've ever mentioned it before, maybe I have about 1000 times during several previous exhibition series races 😂😂😂 welcome to the green team!!!

Milestone time for me!

A couple of races this morning before heading off to "Carfest" for the day, hoped to reach A+ on my 250th race but it wasn't to be! Just 400 points shy now.

Got a win from 2nd on the grid in race 249 with a last lap overtake after a tiny mistake from the leader after I was on his tail all race long. Also a 3rd place from 3rd on the grid this morning in race 250, a relatively uneventful milestone race but I had a sloppy opening lap which in hindsight cost me 2nd place as I wasn't close enough to make the most of the leader picking up a penalty.

IMG_20240824_100634.jpg

The media like to call us the forgotten generation but I say we are the greatest generation. Grew up analog in the 70s and 80s, got dirty, got lost, was never tracked and we made up our own rules, then we embraced digital technology and flourished with it. We're functional with the ways of the world in both the 20th and 21st centuries.

'nuff said. :D
It did strike how Gen-X get left out of the Intergenerational slanging matches. Youngsters blame the Boomers for everything, Boomers take the piss out of Millenials, and less said about those Gen Z's the better.

I don't know if I'd say the 'greatest generation', more like the luckiest generation, and for the reasons you said.

Not to mention we had punk music around when I was growing up as a kid. I pity those poor old folks who had to grow up in a world before Punk and Metal existed. We grew up with Star Wars, Jaws, Alien etc in the cinema, the film world before those days was seriously lacking. We had Space Invaders, Scramble, Defender in the arcades, those before us had no games.

We could go out, get pissed (that means drunk for any Americans reading), make fools ourselves, without worrying someones going film it and put it up for all to see on social media.

Well, looks like PD pulled some more stuff out of the recycle bin. RBR and Suzuka again? Durn it. Well I know which race I'll be skipping next week. And who's to say I'm aptly skilled at GV Highway. I hope the Suzuka event is not the 20-lap race we had several weeks ago, if so I'm not doing it. Nuff said.

@brockie I'm hoping GV is using Gr. 3 cars and maybe for RBR it's a special type of road car. And not a tuned event either.

I just noticed that race A is on racing medium so I don’t think it’s road cars, could they be trialling Gr2/Gr3/Gr4 🤔

I'm definitely looking forward to next week's races. Maybe I'll start doing more of Races B and C to see if I can get into DR A - if only to potentially earn a ton more credits from championships.

Last edited:
It did strike how Gen-X get left out of the Intergenerational slanging matches. Youngsters blame the Boomers for everything, Boomers take the piss out of Millenials, and less said about those Gen Z's the better.

I don't know if I'd say the 'greatest generation', more like the luckiest generation, and for the reasons you said.

Not to mention we had punk music around when I was growing up as a kid. I pity those poor old folks who had to grow up in a world before Punk and Metal existed. We grew up with Star Wars, Jaws, Alien etc in the cinema, the film world before those days was seriously lacking. We had Space Invaders, Scramble, Defender in the arcades, those before us had no games.

We could go out, get pissed (that means drunk for any Americans reading), make fools ourselves, without worrying someones going film it and put it up for all to see on social media.
One of the reasons why Gen X is called that is because nobody gave a crap about us. The "X" is to signify the undefined - or the undefinable - because, although a lot of smaller (but still major) things happened, we didn't have a single defining cultural landmark happen during our core years, and nobody could be bothered to come up with a name for us.

We were also the latchkey generation - where our (usually Boomer, especially for later Xers) parents basically let us come and go as we pleased because they were too busy with their adulting - and the first generation to grow up into the world that the Boomers had made, reaching adulthood and then a big old "OK, so what now?".

Given that we are basically the generation that gets forgotten about, it's little wonder that we also get forgotten about in the generational arguing too :lol:

Anyway, I scored another win in Race A and another death on the apparently little-known barrier.

So let me paint a picture here.... Started in P7 at Watkins Glen Race C, nice, yeah? Well after 3 corners I was all the way down to P11 after heading into something which I had no control whatsoever.. Collision up ahead as 3 cars tried to make it out of the first chicane of Sector 1 on Lap 1....

Ghosting was not up to standard and I ended up with front and rear damage, as well as ruined tires after having no way out of the mayhem... Was tempted to blow up and leave but I convinced myself to pit and get on with it and... It worked! I wasn't too far off everyone else and between others colliding, myself being consistent and some predetermined moves to both overtake and defend, I finished well!

Could have fought for a podium but was not worth the risk on the final lap after working my way from the very back! I took too long to decide how to defend T1 and was deservedly overtaken by the car behind. And the car after that actually hit me as well but it was my fault to be honest, since I was slow on the exit. At least both him and I kept going without issue to cross the finish line.

In the end, I finished in P4 just a few seconds behind the eventual winner!

1724536909527.jpeg
1724536918085.jpeg

1724536933442.jpeg

Well, I just did 6 more races at SSRX tonight. Had some good and bad results at the same time.

Race 1: Was chaotic, there was a crash with 2 drivers that I had to barrel through, I finished in 8th place out of a 12-player grid.

Race 2: I did better, no hitting the wall, and placed 7th. Got a CRB too.

Race 3: Finished 10th, that might have hurt my SR some, at least it won't impact my DR.

Race 4: Someone bumped in the back of me causing me to spin out halfway towards the finish, winded up in 12th place due to that incident.

Race 5: Finished 7th again with no accidents involved.

Race 6: Finished in 8th. So none of the races I finished in the top 5. What a bummer!

We were also the latchkey generation - where our (usually Boomer, especially for later Xers) parents basically let us come and go as we pleased because they were too busy with their adulting - and the first generation to grow up into the world that the Boomers had made, reaching adulthood and then a big old "OK, so what now?".
I'm a grandfather now (born 1968 - so OG gen X) and I can't imagine my grandchildren will ever know what it is to walk home alone from elementary school, let yourself in, make yourself a PB+J sandwich, and watch cartoons (or, later on, music videos) for 3-4 hours until your parents came home.

... we didn't have a single defining cultural landmark happen during our core years, and nobody could be bothered to come up with a name for us.
True, although, I find it very telling that our coming of age music (music from 1980 - 1999) is still being heavily re-recorded and sampled. Like, 1984 is 40 years ago and the top songs of '84 still kick today. Whereas in 1984, listening to music from 1944 was simply not happening.

Anyway, I got myself another pair of wins this morning to FINALLY get my A+ rating back. The new physics has it's odd quirks with the road cars, but for for GR3, I am loving it!! Hopefully I can cement my A+ standing in the next few weeks.

287f7246a22bba0d23a0b0ce200b05fa_photo.webp

Ran 3 Cs today. I was short of preparation, just run 20min quali yesterday.
Average starting position 10
Race1: i could have finished 9, if not for a 3s pit out penalty, stupid me
Race2: good one, ended 6
Race3: dead last because i put myself in a bad position resisting an overtake at bus stop

I was B for few pixels, and now i am B for probably half a pixel

This is a quite usual path (have no time to devote to dailies until we, and most of the times not even try them because I don't feel prepared). Not sure if I can/should change my approach somehow

zjn
Ran 3 Cs today. I was short of preparation, just run 20min quali yesterday.
Average starting position 10
Race1: i could have finished 9, if not for a 3s pit out penalty, stupid me
Race2: good one, ended 6
Race3: dead last because i put myself in a bad position resisting an overtake at bus stop

I was B for few pixels, and now i am B for probably half a pixel

This is a quite usual path (have no time to devote to dailies until we, and most of the times not even try them because I don't feel prepared). Not sure if I can/should change my approach somehow
The game records races, wins, and TOP 5 finishes. Top 5 is what you are trying to achieve. Focus on that.

Also, for Mondays and even Tuesday, just qualify. You will learn the track and be more prepared. It will also make you better overall.

If you take the time to qualify, to improve your time, you will eventually learn all the tracks. That will make you finish closer to the front and that Top 5. Knowing the track is the key to spending less time qualifying over the long term.

Also, focusing on the top 5, instead of the win, will keep you our of trouble keeping your SR higher. The SR S races will be better for your DR.

That's my opinion.

Other than the giggles of SSRX (2 spectacular crashes and 2 x 2nd places) Watkins Glen was really good to me this week.

Very average qualifying led to mid pack(ish) starts in all. Very good racing with little bumping or collisions. Picked up 2-3 spots each time by keeping out of trouble.

Highlight was the last race whereby in Sector 1 and 2 I was always in the purple but could never complete the fastest lap with the last 2 corners just not slotting in right for me.

Funnily enough best race was a P3 start P4 finish, Lost by me being sloppy and forgetting not to change tires or fill up on Lap 3 of the race. Could've thrown a blanket over the top 5 at the end. Really close and respectful racing. Wide variety of cars also. Great to see.

Spent a few hours going race C this weekend… what a fun race, apart from that damn pit entry! Managed to haul myself up from DR B to DR A and stay there, and whittle my qualifying time down to 1:14.2 and a best race lap of 1:14.5 (although more normally in the 1:14.9 to 1:15.1 range).

I also got to share the track with (but not get close to) GTP member @Childe Roland for a few events as well! I normally spend my GT7 time on the time trials but have really enjoyed getting back into the racing again. Hopefully next weeks events will be just as fun :cheers:
1724623555886.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I decided just to skip the C races this week, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure WG short will be back around in that same slot, maybe sometime next year. I slept about 9 hours today, I feel refreshed and ready to tackle this week, and finish what I can at SSRX and Barcelona. Thank god the SR/DR is not affected for the A races.

Thoroughly enjoyed this weeks race C, usually I don’t step out of race b but this week I just couldnt nail a time in catalunya which would give me a decent start position at B/S.

WG however I managed 4 wins and countless 2nd place finishes and I might be won over to the more lengthy strategic side of race C - a few times I leisurely strolled around in first only to done by a early pitter at the end!

Attachments

• IMG_3585.jpeg
    IMG_3585.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3586.png
    IMG_3586.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Lol, Wow. What a show this is. No road cars this week. This is a first. Most Group cars like this are stable and stick to the road.

I wonder how people will react to this new change/adjustment. I am not a fan of RBR but I'll be forced to race there thiis last week of August.

The game records races, wins, and TOP 5 finishes. Top 5 is what you are trying to achieve. Focus on that.

Also, for Mondays and even Tuesday, just qualify. You will learn the track and be more prepared. It will also make you better overall.

If you take the time to qualify, to improve your time, you will eventually learn all the tracks. That will make you finish closer to the front and that Top 5. Knowing the track is the key to spending less time qualifying over the long term.

Also, focusing on the top 5, instead of the win, will keep you our of trouble keeping your SR higher. The SR S races will be better for your DR.

That's my opinion.
Thanks for your tips.
I don't have problem with SR, I think I never went outside S in my 280ish races.
The fact is that most of the weeks I don't drive until friday, or maybe i find half an hour somewhere and go for a time trial splash.
I agree with you, top5 is the target. Actually, my broaden target is not screw up my race with a single stupid error that tipically sends me dead last. If I don't do it I think I can have decent or even good races in C lobby. B lobby is maybe too much for me right now in term of average pace.

What I think I may do maybe is to study a bit more offline during Mon-Fri, so to reach more prepared the moment when I will acutally run quali. Not sure how though, other than looking at Tigney tutorial.

Back