GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,349 comments
RB Ring I think will be a fun one. Haven't been into the Monday morning chaos for a while, thanks bank holiday. Been knocked to the back in the first race, made a fourth in the second. 911 I think will be the meta.

Yeah, now I can use the RSR at Red Bull Ring and Suzuka, however it might not be the meta car there. It is a toughet track to get a handle on than RBR. However I got my QT down to 1'32.230 after 15 laps.

Lol, Wow. What a show this is. No road cars this week. This is a first. Most Group cars like this are stable and stick to the road.

I wonder how people will react to this new change/adjustment.
I guess this is due to the extremely hostile reaction influencers had to the RA272 race. Which sucks because that race was really fun and Gr.2/3/4 cars are painstakingly boring..

A - Didn't we just have this?
B - Gr4, noooooooooooooooo! Really wanted this to be Gr3. I will say, GV works well with both Gr3 and Gr4 so probably still a decent combo.
C - Very cool... Gr2 on RS with 11 laps. I love when a pit is required and the lap count is odd, as it keeps people from simply pitting half way through. Gotta decide to go in on lap five or six (in this case). I just wish it wasn't at Suzuka...a-flipping-gain. Last week's B, this week's TT, and this week's C.

It's not how PD operates at all.
Seems to me that's exactly how PD operates. They seem to be quite anxious about public perception (this is not a critique by the way), I mean the Sambabus race was surely put in to show off that they fixed the space launch bug. And if they added one race to try to repair their public image, surely it's not a stretch to believe they added others with similar considerations in mind?

Seems to me that's exactly how PD operates.
Okay. But it isn't.
I mean the Sambabus race was surely put in to show off that they fixed the space launch bug.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc? This car shows up regularly in one-makes, and it could simply be that it was its turn again. In any case it wouldn't have been affected in a BOP race, because it required specific settings to make the bounce happen.

Again, despite your namesake's claim otherwise, we've had weeks with nothing but race cars before.

To what were these races a reaction?

Seems to me that's exactly how PD operates. They seem to be quite anxious about public perception (this is not a critique by the way), I mean the Sambabus race was surely put in to show off that they fixed the space launch bug. And if they added one race to try to repair their public image, surely it's not a stretch to believe they added others with similar considerations in mind?
1724669976872.png

You new here, mate? PD - seemingly - doesn't give two figs about what the community think. The criticisms have been far and wide for years now with little changing from their perspective.

The RA272 was a Daily C and did receive criticism from a lot of big-sub streamers. How does PD react? They make it a Nations race. Same as they had the RA272 at Watkins a while back as a Nations race and it was FIVE laps.

This is one example, but there are so many I can't even think of half of them. PD definitely doesn't operate by listening to the community, whether it's big-sub streamers or this forum or much of anything.

ETA - The VW Bus race was BoPed. Any suspension tuning required to get it to blast off would've been moot in this race anyway. So it doesn't line up; and they've used this "car" in previous daily races.

Last edited:
Post hoc ergo propter hoc? This car shows up regularly in one-makes, and it could simply be that it was its turn again.
That could very well have been the case, but common sense would indicate that it would be an unlikely coincidence.
To what were these races a reaction?
I'm not saying they were. You seem to have made up your mind though, perhaps we have to agree to disagree.

That could very well have been the case, but common sense would indicate that it would be an unlikely coincidence.
There's a lot of coincidences if you manufacture them by reading into things that don't need to be read into.

Why the Sambabus (which disproportionately features in Daily Races and is therefore a likely vehicle to appear anyway) and not any one of the myriad other cars affected by the bounce bug? Why at Road Atlanta?

I'm not saying they were. You seem to have made up your mind though, perhaps we have to agree to disagree.
Not really - which is why I said "seems unlikely" and not "definitely isn't" - it's just that PD reacting to community feedback other than from a specific group of players (some GTWS finalists) through a specific channel of communication is not a commonly observed behaviour, and I've been observing them for a quarter of a century.

Sometimes not even that channel is heeded too closely either, but if they were going to pay attention to anyone it'd be that group of players and not any influencers.

Additionally, Daily Races appear to be planned several events ahead of time, though we rarely know more than two weeks ahead (and commonly only discover the next set a few days in advance).

You are, of course, free to believe otherwise.

Race B looks fun - I wonder what cars will be especially popular? I think FF/4WD cars could be good, given how curvy Grand Valley is.

EDIT: I think the comparatively lower weight of an FF machine could be better than an AWD one, especially since we can just put the brake balance all the way to the rear. I might do some experimentation as a result, like with the Audi TT Cup. Then again, I’d imagine that BoP would account for the generally higher weight of AWD cars, so maybe I’ll try the Genesis G70 Gr.4, or perhaps even the Subaru WRX STI Gr.4.

Last edited:
Oh decisions, decisions. RBR no interest but Gr.4 at GV should be decent and oh so pretty in VR and Gr.2 at Suzuka I'm fairly decent at in the NSX but to other people's comments, I've done a lot of Suzuka recently..... May start with GV.

Gr4 GV is a blast, the races I have had today, 3 of them, have been clean and people seem like they want to race as opposed to shunting you off 😀 I’m at 1.57.8xx so far which is good for top 5 starts and I feel there is much more time there to be had, going to sit on this one all week!

Also no interest in Gr3 RBR but good to have some choices of gr2/3/4

Last edited:
Oops, I meant I can only use the RSR at Red Bull Ring. I'm having fun at Suzuka in the Honda Group 2 car. I got a fast time of 1'54.075. It's not my overall best and I can do better. I really do not like the esses at the beginning before entering Sector 2. I tend to lose my rhythm and lose a bunch of time there. Lol, I'm at the bottom of my friends list as usual. But that's fine. The part after you go under the Bridgestone thing is a pain too, the dreaded U-turn. And don't get me started on the next Sector where the double left turn is, one wrong move and you're in the sand trap.

And after you pass the Panasonic/Dunlop banners, here comes the final killer turn before the finish line, I mess it up 50% of the time and hit the colored tires. A sure-fire pain in the rear end.

@brockie So will you do any Suzuka races this week, or not?

Usual weekly race guide for you! Certainly not a fan of the dirty air in Daily Race C... it's the most extreme due to the soft tyres 🙈 .

In terms of PD and them acting on advice. They don't create dailies based on any influencers at all (Unless there's some japanese influencers that have direct contact with them). PD will do what they want there's been very rare exceptions, weirdly I was one (Dear Gran Turismo video in 2018/19 or whenever it was) when tyre wear was so extreme nobody was racing.. But they do their own thing. I know they've had multiple points systems for example but none of them have been used (Would help fix the GTWS progression system in my opinion).

The feedback group I'm in, you can feedback as much as you like however it's not very often we will see immediate reaction, and quite alot of the time no action. Perfect example is there are "annoyances" I've reported since it's release and they still exist for example (Missing frames between countdown cameras, pitstop footage, flags (Including in their livestream of events!)). Rolling starts are constantly fed back and we see very little change.

Uhhhh?

They absolutely don't care about that. The only time we saw any kind of reaction was to a review bomb that made it into general media outlets.

Usual weekly race guide for you! Certainly not a fan of the dirty air in Daily Race C... it's the most extreme due to the soft tyres 🙈 .

In terms of PD and them acting on advice. They don't create dailies based on any influencers at all (Unless there's some japanese influencers that have direct contact with them). PD will do what they want there's been very rare exceptions, weirdly I was one (Dear Gran Turismo video in 2018/19 or whenever it was) when tyre wear was so extreme nobody was racing.. But they do their own thing. I know they've had multiple points systems for example but none of them have been used (Would help fix the GTWS progression system in my opinion).

The feedback group I'm in, you can feedback as much as you like however it's not very often we will see immediate reaction, and quite alot of the time no action. Perfect example is there are "annoyances" I've reported since it's release and they still exist for example (Missing frames between countdown cameras, pitstop footage, flags (Including in their livestream of events!)). Rolling starts are constantly fed back and we see very little change.

Awesome man, I'm looking forward to watching it tonight on a break. You looked stressed and tense in the last video, at SSRX. Take care and have a good rest of your day.

So what seems to be the car for B this week?
Idk, I assume the Nissan GT-R, because the some of the top drivers used that car. I almost got a time under 2 minutes if only I had pushed a little harder at Sectors 2 and 3. And it's easy to get a penalty for cutting corners and hitting the wall. I got 2 in my first QT session this morning and had to start over twice.

I opted to focus on Daily Race B because again I never had any Daily Race experience on said track so this week I finally get to some experience on it.

I only did two sessions for today because I just got back from an outing and I was able to get my qualifying time to a 1:56.8.

First session - Pole position and at first the G70 driver gave me trouble but as soon as I figured out that I need to accelerate on the chicane (?) before the bridge, that's where I started to build up a gap and from there I was able to get my first Daily Race win on Grand Valley. This would've been the footage I used for my Daily Race B vid but unfortunately my console didn't record it.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240826164217.png

Second session - Pole position once more and in this one at first I was expecting the 458 Gr.4 to give me some trouble but unfortunately he started to falter by lap 3 and from there I got my second win on this track.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240826170157.png

Will try the other 4WD Gr.4s tomorrow.

So what seems to be the car for B this week?
No clue
The other two races don't look very interesting to me, so I'll probably do a bunch of B races today.
I'll try it with a bunch of different cars, and let you know if I find a good one.

Without any attempts yet, I'm kinda thinking that some F/F cars might be viable. I'll definitely try the Audi TT, at least.

It did strike how Gen-X get left out of the Intergenerational slanging matches. Youngsters blame the Boomers for everything, Boomers take the piss out of Millenials, and less said about those Gen Z's the better.

I don't know if I'd say the 'greatest generation', more like the luckiest generation, and for the reasons you said.

Not to mention we had punk music around when I was growing up as a kid. I pity those poor old folks who had to grow up in a world before Punk and Metal existed. We grew up with Star Wars, Jaws, Alien etc in the cinema, the film world before those days was seriously lacking. We had Space Invaders, Scramble, Defender in the arcades, those before us had no games.

We could go out, get pissed (that means drunk for any Americans reading), make fools ourselves, without worrying someones going film it and put it up for all to see on social media.
LOL, I knew this would happen. No offense really. Just on generell. Mentioning and insulting of a generation on the internet is a call to arms in any forum 😏 Back to GT7. As I promised, WG made me Dr B again, but I had serious trouble yesterday, so I wanted to ask you if it was common. In the middle of the race, after finishing like 5 perfect laps, my steering jammed in dangerous long right hander after bus stop. It was impossible to correct it, I felt the understeer and knew, that's gonna be a penalty. NSX, G70, jag, all the same.. Either my controller or my hands shown signs of fatigue or something else it felt strange and it put me into rage to be honest.

To clarify, I don't think PD acts on advice, but on (relatively) large scale negative publicity. Hence the quick fix of the Sambabus bug. I don't think they make decisions based on what individual influencers think, but if most top GT7 Youtubers have similar negative reactions to a certain type of race, and said videos combined get hundreds of thousands of views, then I believe it influences how PD will choose dailies in the future. I hope I'm wrong though, but we haven't had any serious low-grip tarmac dailies since the RA272 one. To me, that indicates a causal connection.

Back