GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,348 comments
Yes, it is easy to drive, but it is quite different to most of the other cars because of its short wheelbase/MR combination. What I have noticed is that most people who are unfamiliar with it tend to brake super-late and then stamp the throttle because it rotates so easily. They haven’t yet cottoned on to the fact that it’s real strength is maintaining momentum through corners and the predictability of managing mid-corner rotation with the throttle.

I am very jealous of you buying a Giulia. When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”. I hate that she’s always right.
Like my wife, too. Though I'll rarely admit it.

Yes, the 4C is super impractical. The Giulia, on the other hand, is a totally normal every day car. It just looks better than most other cars.

🤣 Sorry, she is not right and this boomer attitude of insulting men to have small D because they bought a sportscar is just showing how frustrated and boring those people are. It's screaming midlife crisis. No, it's screaming I'm a nice car, you would have liked me when you were a child as well as when you are a senior.... It's the same prejudices I have to deal with all the time. Oh you like cars, so you are a lesbian! Nice, you drive a 370z, so car of your husband, or are you a prosti.. Professional? Sorry this got personal, but your wife has a strange attitude... And by the way, how many impractical things are in your house, that are hers.? Like those dry twigs many place as decorations or vases... Women with short hair, she must have her menopause. 😤
Ok, that got a bit weird. I understand what you’re saying, but we’ve been married almost 30 years and I own WAY MORE useless stuff than she does. I have 15 guitars for goodness sake and I don’t even play in a band any more.

I’m not saying she’s right because she’s denying me something I want. She’s right because if I bought a 4C I’d regret it almost immediately.

P.s. We are Gen X, not Boomers and we’ll fight anyone who wants to claim otherwise. 🤣
Like my wife, too. Though I'll rarely admit it.

Yes, the 4C is super impractical. The Giulia, on the other hand, is a totally normal every day car. It just looks better than most other cars.
I actually may need to have a look at the Giulia. I currently drive a Subaru Liberty (Legacy in the US), and I absolutely love it. I have been coveting a WRX but the new version is not really floating my boat.

I had been flirting with looking at an an M2, but the Giulia might be a more unique (and better looking) option.

Last edited:
I am very jealous of you buying a Giulia. When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”. I hate that she’s always right.
Well, I agree that is impractical but I dont always see correlation on great looking cars and mid-life crisis.
The cost of that kind of cars are out of reach for the vast majority of people until well entered the 40s or 50s and and I dont see nothing wrong with that.

Women with short hair, she must have her menopause. 😤
Wow, that escalated quickly! :lol:

Next week is up:

View attachment 1383423

All racing tyres, even race A.

Race C is probably the Super Formula I'd imagine.
I love Suzuka but SF with this FFB?, no thanks.

When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”.
1724422066394.png

When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”. I hate that she’s always right.
I bought a gen 1 cayman and the wife had the same reaction....spent £1600 having isofix and passenger airbag optional deactivation....bought a recaro child seat....

Took my daughter out in it a total of 5 times and the wife 3 times....sold it for an M140 18 months later having driven it less than 8000 miles :( and then in lockdown I bought a CBR-RR.....that one reeeeeaaaalllly didn't go down well 🤣

Ok, that got a bit weird. I understand what you’re saying, but we’ve been married almost 30 years and I own WAY MORE useless stuff than she does. I have 15 guitars for goodness sake and I don’t even play in a band any more.
With me and my wife, it's even. Though I still DO play in a band, I own way too many keyboards. On the other hand, my wife buys all kind of stuff that one could probably live without when the times get rough. Latest acquisition: a chinese lawnmover robot 🤪
I’m not saying she’s right because she’s denying me something I want. She’s right because if I bought a 4C I’d regret it almost
Yes you would. Have you seen Clarkson with the 4C in Morocco? Grand Tour season one. If you didn't know before, then you do.

But in GT7 daily races, it's a great car (Ha! Juuust found the way back to topic at the last minute 😅)

Finally got a win and surprisingly in race C! I can’t get into the 1.41.xxx at Catalunya despite my best efforts and earlier I got coffee’d up only to get 1 thousandth quicker 😖 so I’ll be leaving that there, but race C my 1.14.547 started me P2, P1 out broke himself on the first corner, P3 in a 4c did chase me down a little until he lost it so it was quite a stroll, win number 193

Attachments

• IMG_3580.jpeg
    IMG_3580.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3579.jpeg
    IMG_3579.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 3
Honestly, I found it surprisingly easy and rather predictable to drive (the Gr4 version). I didn't even do anything with the brake balance.

And, by the way, the in-game 'Giulia' actually DID make me buy one IRL, after giving my beloved little MiTo to my son. A tame version of it, of course. 😊

So I am not the only one bying a car because one likes the car so much in the game!? The Giulia is a really awesome looking ride.

For me the Lexus RC gr. 3 is the best looking car in the game and I decided I wanted to buy an RC IRL. Fortunately my wife actually pushed me to finally buying it and I own one for a few happy months now...and soon I will drive it around in the Eifel region.
1724428274443.png

Attachments

• 1724428162976.png
    1724428162976.png
    279.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, looks like PD pulled some more stuff out of the recycle bin. RBR and Suzuka again? Durn it. Well I know which race I'll be skipping next week. And who's to say I'm aptly skilled at GV Highway. I hope the Suzuka event is not the 20-lap race we had several weeks ago, if so I'm not doing it. Nuff said.

@brockie I'm hoping GV is using Gr. 3 cars and maybe for RBR it's a special type of road car. And not a tuned event either.

Next week is up:

View attachment 1383423

All racing tyres, even race A.

Race C is probably the Super Formula I'd imagine.
I'm guessing GV will be Gr.3. But who knows, perhaps they will surprise us.
We are Gen X
The media like to call us the forgotten generation but I say we are the greatest generation. Grew up analog in the 70s and 80s, got dirty, got lost, was never tracked and we made up our own rules, then we embraced digital technology and flourished with it. We're functional with the ways of the world in both the 20th and 21st centuries.

'nuff said. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, surprise us with Group 2 or Group B rally cars. It's no telling what PD has up their sleeves, we just have to be ready to roll. It's so weird how the three upcoming races will be on another third-party website but PD does not officially release it to us until Monday morning. They could at least give us what cars to use so we can practice ahead of time.

Last edited:
Genuinely loving race B soooo much.

First grand slam in possibly forever for me? Pole, win, fastest lap and clean race!

View attachment 1383464

And can you tell from my DR when I started doing this race? 😂😂 Almost at A+ level!!!

View attachment 1383467
Historic climb at the end!! When did Kudosprime start recording data for gt7 (sport mode)?

Lol, i'm down in the pit, back at a D rank! I did good the other week, which my rank was a mid to high C. I slipped up some and finished 5-6 races in 7-11th place.

Last edited:
Historic climb at the end!! When did Kudosprime start recording data for gt7 (sport mode)?
Not sure when. Always has since I joined it. But it doesn't record the data, you need to upload screen shots into it manually then it works out where you are based on your rating bar (I'm guessing that's how it works)

Not sure when. Always has since I joined it. But it doesn't record the data, you need to upload screen shots into it manually then it works out where you are based on your rating bar (I'm guessing that's how it works)
That's how it works, but PD is a bit weird with how they do updates now so their can be a lag in how they present the data for DR and SR.

So watching it race to race is not the way to go but looking more as a weekly metric imo

Well that's most likely why it doesn't work for me on Kudosprime(gt7). It does for my all-time status from GTS, but that game is dead now, so I'm looking for the gt7 progress since I started November 1, 2022. What kind of screenshots do I need to upload, pictures from my recent race or something else? I guess my profile picture for one. Here's what it says when I am on Kudosprime.

1724432219789.png

No know what nvm, I guess I'll use GOM's Grantracker he posts here if I have to and on his forum about it.

Last edited:
Screenshot method is outdated and is tedious. If you scroll down on your page, you will see new instructions (click a bookmark on your GT7 profile to update your data).
Yeah I think I saw that before, but I couldn't get it to work on my phone, and I don't have a personal laptop. But yeah guessing if you do have a laptop it's much easier

So I am not the only one bying a car because one likes the car so much in the game!? The Giulia is a really awesome looking ride.

For me the Lexus RC gr. 3 is the best looking car in the game and I decided I wanted to buy an RC IRL. Fortunately my wife actually pushed me to finally buying it and I own one for a few happy months now...and soon I will drive it around in the Eifel region.
View attachment 1383460
Beautiful car, indeed. Eifel region, that's almost right in front of my doorstep. Great roads to drive.

Err... I guess, with that car you won't bring a caravan with you, right? 😉🤣

The media like to call us the forgotten generation but I say we are the greatest generation. Grew up analog in the 70s and 80s, got dirty, got lost, was never tracked and we made up our own rules, then we embraced digital technology and flourished with it. We're functional with the ways of the world in both the 20th and 21st centuries.

'nuff said. :D
Well said, same here.

Which means, we're old now, but who cares...🍻

Beautiful car, indeed. Eifel region, that's almost right in front of my doorstep. Great roads to drive.

Err... I guess, with that car you won't bring a caravan with you, right? 😉🤣

Well said, same here.

Which means, we're old now, but who cares...🍻
I'll be 33 next month, I'm never too old to play gt7 with my friends/other fellow drivers out there.

Also a race/lap is also dependent on how much fuel and the strength of your tires whether you need to pit or not. That's why I'm grateful for the tools/maps that PD provides for us. The weather map is excellent for letting you know in the radar when the rain is coming and the level of intensity.

@GrumpyOldMan cool, I knew you were still around. You're probably tired like me, I usually stay up at least 24 hours at a time. I have insomnia along with my autism which sucks arse!!

@cyirush what's your time at WG? I really despise the sweepers and the last right turn before the finish. The sweeper section can kill your lap time depending on how fast you go there.

I couldn't resist, I only took a three-day break. It's too addicting when you're having fun in Sport Mode. The AI suck honestly, even Sophy would be boring whenever I buy a ps5.
Hi Chris - got a 1:14.795 this morning in the 458. Tried the 4C but it kept understeering in uphill esses (which as you say is vital for laptime). WG is a trick track, but I like it. Real old school road course. Be fun to watch Nascar there next month!

Back