GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,239 comments
I do think the recent physics update amplified the importance of trial braking, which its effectiveness is dependant on the BB setup. I did have a smaller gain (0.3s) going from BB 0 to BB +3 to the rear on Catalunya. 40.8 is a good time!

100% I reckon I must be a hard braker

@Charmantha if you are not seeing much difference could be you are a super smooth braker and trail braking well, on Catalunya if I brake too hard I can feel it going when on +2 to the rear, but it can make some time -

I'm with you on the G70 - couldn't get the 4C round fast enough, and spun the Huracan at the bus stop every lap for some reason.

G70 has a great feel to it, very compliant over the kerbs - gets around turn 1 faster than most cars, and quick and stable through the bus stop too.

Having said that, it upsets the 4C drivers who think they should be faster because they're driving one of the metas 😂 - they appear very shocked when you pass them, or they cannot pass you. Had a few instances today where the shock caused them to crash, or go wide and get a penalty - fortunately I avoided getting rammed off!

Today I managed a P8 to P5, P9 to P6, and finally P12 to P4 .

NSX seems to be taking the mantle of meta now though, haven't tried it myself though.

I’d agree, the NSX is quick I must just agree better with the 4WD as my go to has always been WRX or Atenza

It might have something to do with how quickly you release the brake. With the 4c when i pulled my foot quickly off brake it got squirrelly, but a small..unsqueezing? 😂 and she was stable.
After the 1.49 update the 4C requires to be so gentle with the brake (it should be so hard to drive with a controller I suppose).
Its a very fun car to drive but it lacks in top speed.

After some consecutives races at WG this week Im finding my right calf so close to a cramp.
Its like Im looking for more speed when theres no more throttle travel available :lol:

Let's talk about brake balance, I think people have a lot of misconceptions about what it should do, what it does and why we have it.

Firstly just to recap so everyone is on the same page.

The best braking performance happens at the front of the car for a few reasons, bigger brakes and higher piston counts (years of engineering have proven this is the best thing to do)

Rear brakes are supplemental to braking performance in that they add to the stopping power but in modern cars it's more about control and giving the ABS/DSC something to work with.

So that's the top level of what the front and back are supposed to do in road cars.

In race cars it's not that different. You want to work with as much braking power you can at the front. It means you can brake later, and use trail braking effectively which is moving the tire effort slowly from deceleration to acceleration smoothly and with minimal pause.

What you then want to do is balance turn in speed, car feel with moving the balance around.

BB is not a yin without a yang though and the more you move forward the less "flat" the profile of the car is. In FF cars this is fine and why we see loads of glamour magazine pics of them cocking a rear wheel and even in say cup level hatch racing.

This is actually where rear bias helps flatten the cars geometry at the cost of outright braking performance

But the yang is always with where the grip is going to be most on the transition point and with MR cars it's makes sense with where the weight is. It might be counter intuitive but the cars are heavier fractionally to the rear so the drive is there with higher (a few clicks) to the front.

In the new physics world, I think that a lot of people have continued mondulated braking thinking that was trail braking and they aren't the same thing.

In the old world you'd smash the BB back and have this flat profile in the cars geometry but in the new world you have to feed the grip in as you feed off the brakes. And if you are trading braking force for manoeuvrability you might as well have the optimum braking potential.

TLDR brake balance doesn't affect the cars ultimate performance just how we can get performance to our abilities feels nicer.

I'm with you on the G70 - couldn't get the 4C round fast enough, and spun the Huracan at the bus stop every lap for some reason.

G70 has a great feel to it, very compliant over the kerbs - gets around turn 1 faster than most cars, and quick and stable through the bus stop too.
I tried the G70 and could not get it to turn in like the 4C. I agree it feels more stable though but it feels horrible to drive in VR. Perhaps I'll give it another go...
Having said that, it upsets the 4C drivers who think they should be faster because they're driving one of the metas 😂 - they appear very shocked when you pass them, or they cannot pass you. Had a few instances today where the shock caused them to crash, or go wide and get a penalty - fortunately I avoided getting rammed off!
Ahem, cough cough...

I found that when in traffic the 4C suffers. I think it suffers in dirty air more than other cars. I definitely had a hard time when on the tail on another car. For undercutting it works well when in clear air. I have definitely gained spots in undercutting and running like a TT by myself.

All the times I ended up, pretty much, last where after passing someone and then losing it at the bus-stop... Most annoying! :D Particularly when I was in 1st or 2nd only to then end up 10-16th 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I tried the G70 and could not get it to turn in like the 4C. I agree it feels more stable though but it feels horrible to drive in VR. Perhaps I'll give it another go...

Ahem, cough cough...

I found that when it traffic the 4C suffers. I think it suffers in dirty air more than other cars. I definitely had a hard time when on the tail on another car. For undercutting itr works well when in clear air. I have definitely gained spots in undercutting and running as a TT by myself.

All time times I ended up, pretty much, last where after passing someone and then losing it at the bus-stop... Most annoying! :D Particularly when I am in 1st or 2nd only to then end up 10-16th 🤦‍♂️
That's a racing consistency issue though?

P1 pit lap one while the field is bunched then it's just you vs the track and to keep the pit stop gap close enough to p1 to pass.

Consistent laps is all you need to do?

I found that when it traffic the 4C suffers. I think it suffers in dirty air more than other cars. I definitely had a hard time when on the tail on another car. For undercutting itr works well when in clear air. I have definitely gained spots in undercutting and running as a TT by myself.
Dirty air is definitely there, but the great problem for me with the 4C in VR when tailing someone is visibility.
This car is really low. Getting to the bus stop in WG behind someone feels scary. You cant see anything but the rear bumper of the car ahead so you have to lift more of what is needed just to see something and you miss the oportunity to attack the car ahead at the exit of the chicane

Last edited:
I didn't have time to play yesterday so I took advantage of a day off of work and got some races it. I changed my car to the NSX and went a second quicker in it from the time I set Monday. My goodness, that car is planted to the track. It made for a nice drive. I set a time of 1:14.6XX and was pleased with that.

My first race went off with out any problems. I started P2 and finished P5. I had a great save in the Bus Stop that cost me tons of time but I kept it straight. I had a nice battle with P4 for the final 5 laps. It was a nice race overall.

My second race also had me in P2 and I got an off track on lap 1 turn 1. Then on lap 2 a driver almost loses it in the Bus Stop and they rejoin in front of me and I gave them smack. Nothing I could do really. I pit on lap 6 (same as the previous race) and join a chain of 3 other cars and we all fight to the end of the race. Nice and clean as it can get with some minor contact which is fine with me. I do get a penalty for being over the line on the exit of the final turn. I still finish P4 after someone forgot to pit.

I'm enjoying this race so far as Watkins Glen is one of my favorite tracks to drive. I'm looking forward to more of this combo the rest of the week.

Finally managed to get some decent pace for Daily C with the NSX today and set a 1:14,394 which put me in front in B Lobbys.
Won a few races until I met a Ukranian Dude with a nickname containing obvious nazi references. I've seen this dude before and reported him for his nickname and of course nothing happened. However today it reached a peak because he tried to punt me and others off whenever he could, more or less succesful. And as u might can imagine I got pretty pissed at some point and after a race I called him a nazi-fanboy in the chat and got banned til saturday. Thanks a lot for that Sony...

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

edit: We need contact/impact penalties. Now!

Last edited:
Finally managed to get some decent pace for Daily C with the NSX today and set a 1:14,394 which put me in front in B Lobbys.
Won a few races until I met a Ukranian Dude with a nickname containing obvious nazi references. I've seen this dude before and reported him for his nickname and of course nothing happened. However today it reached a peak because he tried to punt me and others off whenever he could, more or less succesful. And as u might can imagine I got pretty pissed at some point and after a race I called him a nazi-fanboy in the chat and got banned til saturday. Thanks a lot for that Sony...

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office
Been there, done that.

Don't. Race again and crack on. Even with the pink meme driver I have never retaliated and in all honesty he's a fast driver. It's the clumsy ones thinking they are "racing" that are the danger.

Unless you are mortally offended race the cars not the names and show them the respect you would like.

If they don't follow the same etiquette then adapt and race to the position.

We aren't racing these people and survival is about picking the time and place. Sometimes it's better to gain DR and SR just placing in the 6-10th range....good restraint practice for the higher lobbies btw

I'm taking a small break at the moment. I'll most likely be back Saturday afternoon, I am doing some other things to occupy me from gt7. Some days in Sport mode it gets too intense and stressful for me, not knowing what kinds of drivers I'm gonna be matchmaked with. It is like a roll of the dice, you don't know who you're gonna be put with in a random lobby. You just have to be prepared and ready to race and defend yourself from the baddies out there.

Thank you for this. I went back to race C and got a feel for the G70 including getting a faster QT than my 4C run.

Race 1 I started 3rd and initially I was running nicely in 2nd. Then about lap 8 I got a penalty so after that, figuring I’d already lost time, I dove in the pits. Poor move. Ended in the mid field and then as I was trying to work my way through I kept on misjudging the width and placement of the car and seeming tallied up many more penalties. In the end I think I got more than 10s a penalties and amazingly still managed to come in 5th! 😁

Next race I had a better feel of the car. I started pole but got dropped to 3rd on lap 3 I think after a less than stellar turn 1. But in the bus stop 1&2 both had issues and I jumped back to 1st. They both drove into the pits but I stayed out to lap 14. It turned into a lonely drive. This time, I had no offs, no penalties but I did not know my relative position as I entered the pits.

Then coming out this happened!

GT7 | Daily C 24-34 | A VR reset coming out the pits almost cost me the race!

On exiting the pit as it came out of auto drive and as the camera jumped back into VR it reset my view point causing me to cross the pit lane and get a 3s penalty. That was really weird to drive so I had to reset while still racing. On the straight I did that and for about a second I had no video. Very unnerving!

I got it reset and took the penalty and all eyes were on my mirrors. I thought i might lost it but in the end I crossed the line with little over a second gap.

IMG_8466.jpeg

As for the G70. As someone stated, it is so planted over the bus stop and it has the pace…

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I went back to race C and got a feel for the G70 including getting a faster QT than my 4C run.

Race 1 I started 3rd and initially I was running nicely in 2nd. Then about lap 8 I got a penalty so after that, figuring I’d already lost time, I dove in the pits. Poor move. Ended in the mid field and then as I was trying to work my way through I kept on misjudging the width and placement of the car and seeming tallied up many more penalties. In the end I think I got more than 10s a penalties and amazingly still managed to come in 5th! 😁

Next race I had a better feel of the car. I started pole but got dropped to 3rd on lap 3 I think after a less than stellar turn 1. But in the bus stop 1&2 both had issues and I jumped back to 1st. They both drove into the pits but I stayed out to lap 14. It turned into a lonely drive. This time, I had no offs, no penalties but I did not know my relative position as I entered the pits.

Then coming out this happened!

GT7 | Daily C 24-34 | A VR reset coming out the pits almost cost me the race!

On exiting the pit as it came out of auto drive and as the camera jumped back into VR it reset my view point causing me to cross the pit lane and get a 3s penalty. That was really weird to drive so I had to reset while still racing. On the straight I did that and for about a second I had no video. Very unnerving!

I got it reset and took the penalty and all eyes were on my mirrors. I thought i might lost it but in the end I crossed the line with little over a second gap.

View attachment 1382930

As for the G70. As someone stated, it is so planted over the bus stop and it has the pace…

Well done for trying it again, glad it's starting to work for you!

The G70 is certainly a different drive, and does take some getting used to. Once you get the hang of balancing the brakes and the throttle, it's planted nature gives you real consistency - as you've found out, that is key at WG where penalties are easy to come by.

You
Normally I’m a race B kind of guy, but I couldn’t resist a race C this week with the gr4, although the meta seemed a nice drive I got a sec and a half faster in the g70, 1.15.2xx

Started in 11th, got royally punted and spun in the bus stop and turned around so plum last. Managed to just keep going and pitted in lap 7 and surprisingly I finished ahead of the chap that punted me and finished 5th

Nice!

Edit. 1.15.050 and I’m hunting for more 😁

You'd be surprised I think (depends on your driving style). With the 4c in Race C and the Huracan in Race B, I was more than a second faster in both.

I guess it might be down to my controller style, but I had so much slidey slidey entering corners. Both laps improved by more than 1.5s when I got rid of the rear end stepping out.

More than that, it's stable more quickly so I can get on the power easier in these two races.

Honestly makes a world of difference, in my opinion.

I haven't gone - 5 though due to understeer, Ive settled on -3 for the Glen (necessary for T1 and the bus stop) and -2 for the infield and -1 for the first and third parts at Catalunya

But again, I'm a sample size of 1 but I did notice a huge difference on turn in even between 0 and - 2. From +5 to -2 it was a world apart.
First of all, thanks for your answer. Because of my statement, I tested the bb on Watkins Glen again. I have to admit, it makes a difference, but it depends more on the car. The two examples of 4c and huracan are perfect examples. So for MR you put more breaking power to the front ( - 2 e.g.) . I used the g70 first. As I put it to +3 (more breaking at the rear wheels) it became a bit more slidelikely. Didn't feel that stable anymore. I don't really understand it though, cause in every car, the breaking power at the front is higher than at the rear. So improvement should only be able through enhancing the front breaking power... I tested a front wheeler Renault megane gr4 not the Slophy, and there I nearly felt no difference whatsoever. Maybe it's really dependent on driving style. I use a controller as well, and it's like - reaching the break mark, short hard breaking, turn in, slowly accelerating, till I feel it won't break out than full throttle.... I drove my best time in the corvette 1:15.4xx and I simply can't improve anymore. I'm at a point, wherein I can take nearly any car to come close to the 1:15.4 but none, which feels it could go faster. And I'm never good in the metas. I'm such a hipster 🤣

I used the g70 first. As I put it to +3 (more breaking at the rear wheels) it became a bit more slidelikely. Didn't feel that stable anymore.
I found it unstable with BB to the rear too, rear tyres sound like they're locking up - works best for me with 2 to the front, helps too with the turn in on what is generally an understeery car!

Well, well...

Last week, I decided to take the 4C in Gr4 for the foreseeable future, because it drives very nicely after the physics update and looks good as an underdog between a bunch of Lambos and Hondas. I'm an Alfa driver in real life, so, yeah...

And now it's the meta in race C and everybody uses it. 🤬🤪 Damn...
As someone who’s used Alfa in the last 3 GTWS series, I hear you. And weirdly, the Group 3 car has gone from very strong to barely competitive and the Group 4 has done the exact opposite.

It’s also funny to see so many people choosing it but not knowing how to drive it well. It needs a very particular approach to get the best out of it.

But they are beautiful cars to drive and to look at. It’s the only in-game car that’s made me want to buy one IRL.

So for MR you put more breaking power to the front ( - 2 e.g.) . I used the g70 first. As I put it to +3 (more breaking at the rear wheels) it became a bit more slidelikely.
I’m going to try the g70 on bb towards the front, I’ve been using +2 and just got a 1.14.998 because my owned g70 need an oil change! 😁
One thing BB can be used for is to mitigate tire wear. While wear is not much of a concern with this race, the G70 does particular eat its left front tire. On my first outing with the G70 I had BB as 0. It felt good but I did have it understeer a bit and that was what was causing many of my penalties, particularly as the wear was getting to around 30-40%.

So race 2 I put Bb 1 to the rear. This puts less strain on the front tires. Also they’re fighting less the braking and turning forces. I found that perfect.

Sometimes BB changes do not need to be dramatic, 1 can often be enough.

You

First of all, thanks for your answer. Because of my statement, I tested the bb on Watkins Glen again. I have to admit, it makes a difference, but it depends more on the car. The two examples of 4c and huracan are perfect examples. So for MR you put more breaking power to the front ( - 2 e.g.) . I used the g70 first. As I put it to +3 (more breaking at the rear wheels) it became a bit more slidelikely. Didn't feel that stable anymore. I don't really understand it though, cause in every car, the breaking power at the front is higher than at the rear. So improvement should only be able through enhancing the front breaking power... I tested a front wheeler Renault megane gr4 not the Slophy, and there I nearly felt no difference whatsoever. Maybe it's really dependent on driving style. I use a controller as well, and it's like - reaching the break mark, short hard breaking, turn in, slowly accelerating, till I feel it won't break out than full throttle.... I drove my best time in the corvette 1:15.4xx and I simply can't improve anymore. I'm at a point, wherein I can take nearly any car to come close to the 1:15.4 but none, which feels it could go faster. And I'm never good in the metas. I'm such a hipster 🤣

I found it unstable with BB to the rear too, rear tyres sound like they're locking up - works best for me with 2 to the front, helps too with the turn in on what is generally an understeery car!

Well, I didn’t yet change the G70 but I did try the NSX and that’s a really nice drive! Gained 7 places with it and finished 4th, and for sure -2 is the best thing there.

You need to be uber careful on the curbs though but it’s fast.

One thing BB can be used for is to mitigate tire wear. While wear is not much of a concern with this race, the G70 does particular eat its left front tire. On my first outing with the G70 I had BB as 0. It felt good but I did have it understeer a bit and that was what was causing many of my penalties, particularly as the wear was getting to around 30-40%.

So race 2 I put Bb 1 to the rear. This puts less strain on the front tires. Also they’re fighting less the braking and turning forces. I found that perfect.

Sometimes BB changes do not need to be dramatic, 1 can often be enough.

Mmmm.. yet another thing to think about 🤣

I am totally into race C this week! Doesnt seem too long and it’s fun when you have some decent racers around you

As someone who’s used Alfa in the last 3 GTWS series, I hear you. And weirdly, the Group 3 car has gone from very strong to barely competitive and the Group 4 has done the exact opposite.

It’s also funny to see so many people choosing it but not knowing how to drive it well. It needs a very particular approach to get the best out of it.

But they are beautiful cars to drive and to look at. It’s the only in-game car that’s made me want to buy one IRL.
Honestly, I found it surprisingly easy and rather predictable to drive (the Gr4 version). I didn't even do anything with the brake balance.

And, by the way, the in-game 'Giulia' actually DID make me buy one IRL, after giving my beloved little MiTo to my son. A tame version of it, of course. 😊

I can feel you. I was also banned for stuff, I could have said in a kindergarten. My name was erased and changed to temp16754654 after using the same account for 46 years at least. And it wasn't offensive, just how my friends from the past called me (because of my foreign last name). It's really hilarious how strict they are.

I was also banned for stuff, I could have said in a kindergarten. My name was erased and changed to temp16754654 after using the same account for 46 years at least. And it wasn't offensive, just how my friends from the past called me (because of my foreign last name). It's really hilarious how strict they are.
Assuming you mean from PSN (which hasn't been around for 46 years, so... lightly confusing), it's not kindergarten and it's not your friends. It's their platform and you have to abide by their rules - and you have to agree to abide by them before you can use it. You also don't get to unilaterally decide what's "offensive", as that's a subjective term.

If you don't want to be banned, don't cross the line - and given that they don't actually tell you specifically what got you banned (just the section of the code of conduct you breached), the fact that you appear to know what it was suggests you clearly know where the line is and chose to cross it anyway. If that's the case, you can't really complain about it.

Latest Posts

Back