GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,245 comments
My 1:14.089 lap on daily C with the Alfa was ranked 250 on monday and now dropped to 750.
That puts me starting in the middle of the pack in top split wich is making the races a bit brutal.

Lap 1 from the middle is a nightmare for two reasons.
1.) People trying to make wonders side by side at bus stop.
2.) People with a train of cars behind trying to box on first lap to get rid of them

The 3 races that I did yesterday have both issues in each race and the results are funny only if you can watch it from behind to gain some free places.
Sadly I couldnt watch it from behind :lol: and I somehow got involved in incidents with 4 or more cars pinballing everywhere at the pit entry and also having penaltys at the bus stop for "cutting the track" as a result of evasive moves trying to avoid spinning cars.

I guess I need to put some miles trying to improve my Qualy (a thing that bores me) because in this race is so important to start at the front or at the back... in the middle is total chaos

Well, I didn’t yet change the G70 but I did try the NSX and that’s a really nice drive! Gained 7 places with it and finished 4th, and for sure -2 is the best thing there.
Saw you finish 2nd with it too 👍

Seems to be coming more common - the race before the the one we were both in had the majority in the NSX, and only one person in the 4C!

I tried the NSX, but found it a bit tail happy for me. Did get close to my G70 time in it, but wouldn't trust myself in it in a race...

Saw you finish 2nd with it too 👍

Seems to be coming more common - the race before the the one we were both in had the majority in the NSX, and only one person in the 4C!

I tried the NSX, but found it a bit tail happy for me. Did get close to my G70 time in it, but wouldn't trust myself in it in a race...

Good to see you in a race too, it’s worth sticking with but it’s a little unstable on the curbs, I actually got a 1.14.5xx but it didn’t register for that race, the winner was just too strong and I made a couple of mistakes otherwise the win was there for the taking!

(Said all sim racers every race 🤣)

Well today was eventful for me solely because I tried to win with the NSX GT500 '00 and after 3 attempts I managed to pull one off and jeepers this car is like a sitting duck in those attempts.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240822172257.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20240822172323.png

As for the GT Race Car '18, I gave it another go so I can check if there's any other downsides and the other downside I found is that this car does not have a good launch in rolling starts. Still managed to get a win as despite the car needing to be on a diet especially when taking the La Caixa corner, the handling is alright.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240822112238.png

Pfff just had a race C. Started 6th and was working my way up after an early stop.

Saw someone driving slowly on the pit straight, probably after a mistake. I wanted to pass, he aggressively defended the inside of turn 1. So I took the outside and went for a switcheroo move. There was some side by side contact with him now on the outside. I overtook him and thats when he must've decided to make my life miserable.

He punted me out of the bus stop and got a penalty for that. So I could overtake him again. At the end of the race he was again right behind my back and crashed me full speed out of turn 1.

Despite all this I still finished 6th, and in front of him. In the post race chat he started calling me names in Spanish. Some other person warned me that he is a known bad / dirty driver.

Theres no way in GT7 you can report people for bad sportsmanship right?

Apart from this clown it was a blast of a race!

Seeing how the Lambo Gr.3 dominates the Global leaderboard of Daily Race B, I have decided to give it a go.

IMG-2971.jpg

Now I understand why the Lambo is the META 😂 much faster than the McLaren in both corner entry and exits and basically everywhere in the lap, and resulted in a 1:40.014 lap, 0.5s up on the McLaren. Should have been a 1:39 lap if I haven’t brain faded and shifted up to 5th before the line 😖

Last edited:
Seeing how the Lambo Gr.3 dominates the Global leaderboard of Daily Race B, I have decided to give it a go.

IMG-2971.jpg

Now I understand why the Lambo is the META 😂 much faster than the McLaren in both corner entry and exits and basically everywhere in the lap, and resulted in a 1:40.014 lap, 0.5s up on the McLaren. Should have been a 1:39 lap if I haven’t brain faded and shifted up to 5th before the line 😖

Great hot lap mate, I will be forced to use your replay as a guide, I assume you use a pad too? Or wheel? I'm sticking with the Huracan this weekend(Saturday/Sunday).

IMG-2971.jpg

I think it's a gearing thing. The bop should equalise most of the lap performance but if you can ride a gear or take an early one for the torque.

Weight and power balancing isn't enough.

I just did some practice laps before tackling Race C again. The NSX still feels good to drive and is becoming a favorite.

My first race has me in P7. I had the worst time with the Bus Stop and I went way off line 3 times. Those mistakes add up to a P10 finish. I did make a clean pass on the inside entering turn 1 and that was neat to pull off.

The second race had me P6 on the grid. I had one of the best races I've had in a while for this one. I make the same turn 1 pass on the inside of lap 2 and I was thrilled I didn't take anyone out. After pit stops cycle, I find myself in P6 in a nice 3 way battle with P4 and P5. 3 drivers being clean, respectful, and not making stupid moves to interrupt the flow. Just fantastic. I finish that one in P3 with a clean race bonus.

I then moved to some meme races as those are fun for me. I did get rammed into the wall by someone for no good reason on my final race of the day. Got a 4 second penalty for some reason.

Been over on Simgrid Seasons last few weeks (which I recommend if you like GT3s, physics is much better imho, especially post GT7 update).

But tried WG today and had some good races in B/S lobbies - once I adjusted to the new snap oversteer when trail braking and getting off throttle (at least in MR cars). Car also feels very light, not planted, lacking lateral grip.

Ps when was the last time the 4C was the meta car?

Last edited:
Did two races at WG. Wow that was a sweaty affair tonight. Way too much argy-bargy.

After being in top spots I only finished 7th after being knocked out race 1 and 6th race 2 after knocks caused me to lose time and gain 3.5s of penalties.

I stopped after that. There was a certain Huracan driver I wanted to avoid as he seemed to be a calamity maker.

I’m going to try the g70 on bb towards the front, I’ve been using +2 and just got a 1.14.998 because my owned g70 need an oil change! 😁
You know that I reminded people here and before and after the race to make oil changes. And I got the answer - no need because it's bop. I still think it matters, it's there for a reason and I wouldnt mind changing oil, if my cars would load regularly, it always hangs there and why isn't it indicated in th
It varies by cars. If I forget to change it, it is usually not the end of the world, but it can make some cars much more confidence inspiring and that can make you faster. Take the 4C at Watkins Glen this week. At BB 0 it us very tail slidey which makes crashing out pretty easy. Switch it to BB-2 (to the front) and it makes the car a lot more stable in braking making the bus-stop a much safer experience. Still, you can still wipe out there. Don't ask me how I know....
Yes true. Did the same to the jag f type and drove a new personal besttime still 1:15.4xx but a little better and I won the race in the jag with bb-2, one more top 5 and I'm Dr B again. 🥳

You know that I reminded people here and before and after the race to make oil changes. And I got the answer - no need because it's bop. I still think it matters, it's there for a reason and I wouldnt mind changing oil, if my cars would load regularly, it always hangs there and why isn't it indicated in th

Yes true. Did the same to the jag f type and drove a new personal besttime still 1:15.4xx but a little better and I won the race in the jag with bb-2, one more top 5 and I'm Dr B again. 🥳

Yeah I think it does too, happened a few times where I beat a time with a rental, bit of a pain having to remember that!

I mostly use rentals for this reason alone but here and there I like to add a little colour to the race 👍

Weird mixture of ratings.
Was it on an unusual night time or Asian lobbies are always like that?
I rarely play at nighttime unless the daily race combo is that good and in that one I played it on a 4 pm to 6 pm session. Combine that with how PS4 matchmaking works and probably due to the fatigue of this being the same combo that pops up, that might be the reason why my matchmaking is iffy.

I normally like to race in lobbies during the afternoon-evening hours. I've noticed the past 4 months that any races I do between 7AM and noon, the drivers seem hectic and crazy and they will run you off track no matter who you are or what rank you have. I got a 1'17.892 time at Watkins Glen last night, some of my friends got great results using the Alfa 4C car so I used that and I did okay, but I wanted to clock a time at least a sub 1'15.000 or better if I can. If not, I'm not sweating it this time. It might be my best bet for starting anywhere between 4th and 9th, that way I'm not in front of the cluster of cars. And you know the A drivers are always planning devious tricks to get their wins.

You know that I reminded people here and before and after the race to make oil changes. And I got the answer - no need because it's bop. I still think it matters, it's there for a reason and I wouldnt mind changing oil, if my cars would load regularly,
You are right.

It definitely matters on your own cars in QT, TT and daily races.

I can tell in my lap times when the oil has dropped to normal/bad when doing QT.

With the rentals it doesn't matter as much unless you are doing super long QT sessions.

Bop is a bit of a black box but on the surface (power/weight) is one thing but worn oil affects how smooth the engine is revving, how quickly it revs. These 2 things alone impact a cars performance and potentially lap time, acceleration and top speed.

Taking the HSR daily for example my Veyron had both bad oil and worn chassis (from the wall riding/wall riding impacts) the car was noticeably slower.

And as you say, if wear is being tracked and has has a tangible impact why would balancing weight and power change that.

Also a race/lap is also dependent on how much fuel and the strength of your tires whether you need to pit or not. That's why I'm grateful for the tools/maps that PD provides for us. The weather map is excellent for letting you know in the radar when the rain is coming and the level of intensity.

@GrumpyOldMan cool, I knew you were still around. You're probably tired like me, I usually stay up at least 24 hours at a time. I have insomnia along with my autism which sucks arse!!

@cyirush what's your time at WG? I really despise the sweepers and the last right turn before the finish. The sweeper section can kill your lap time depending on how fast you go there.

I couldn't resist, I only took a three-day break. It's too addicting when you're having fun in Sport Mode. The AI suck honestly, even Sophy would be boring whenever I buy a ps5.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it does too, happened a few times where I beat a time with a rental, bit of a pain having to remember that!

I mostly use rentals for this reason alone but here and there I like to add a little colour to the race 👍
Noooo, never. Even the cars I barely use (vw gti Cabrio vgt gr. 3) are customized with my own liveries.

Did you also notice, that nobody is taking the "flat" lane at the bus stop chicane in race C anymore? . _ I did a lot of races at WG this week (at least 10) and I was always the only one who enters the bus stop on the right side of the track. I remember this from the Gr. 3 races there, when I was practicing behind ghosts... I'm breaking later than those on the left and I have nearly no chassis (body) roll because I'm only turning the wheels slightly. So I make up time there. @Chris30 1:17.8xx at WG, than you must take some corners wrong. I predict it's the 1st one, you can lose a lot of time there, because you lack speed going uphill. Rather break early than late there, you can cut the inside, no penalties.

Honestly, I found it surprisingly easy and rather predictable to drive (the Gr4 version). I didn't even do anything with the brake balance.

And, by the way, the in-game 'Giulia' actually DID make me buy one IRL, after giving my beloved little MiTo to my son. A tame version of it, of course. 😊
Yes, it is easy to drive, but it is quite different to most of the other cars because of its short wheelbase/MR combination. What I have noticed is that most people who are unfamiliar with it tend to brake super-late and then stamp the throttle because it rotates so easily. They haven’t yet cottoned on to the fact that it’s real strength is maintaining momentum through corners and the predictability of managing mid-corner rotation with the throttle.

I am very jealous of you buying a Giulia. When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”. I hate that she’s always right.

Did you also notice, that nobody is taking the "flat" lane at the bus stop chicane in race C anymore? . _ I did a lot of races at WG this week (at least 10) and I was always the only one who enters the bus stop on the right side of the track. I remember this from the Gr. 3 races there, when I was practicing behind ghosts... I'm breaking later than those on the left and I have nearly no chassis (body) roll because I'm only turning the wheels slightly. So I make up time there.
Are you already on the right side of the track before braking? I'm still figuring out the best line. I don't like to enter it fully from the left. From the braking point I cross the track more or less diagonally and try to get close to the wall/barrier on the right. Then I also can take the bus stop with minimal body roll.

Had time for 1 more race C this morning. Despite my QT improvement (almost in the 1:14's now with the G70 that I saw some people discuss in this thread), I still started 12th in what must've been quite a strong B / S lobby. In the first lap I got crashed out of the bus stop. Not on purpose luckily, but I still lost a lot of time and had huge damage. People in front of and behind me were lining up to pit after 1 lap, so I decided to race on. It put me in 6th position. The guy in front was slightly faster, the guy behind me slightly slower. So it turned out to be a lonely, time trial like event. Was wondering how many places I would lose after my pit stop. Turned out that was only 1 spot. So I made up 5 places despite the crash and finished 7th. I guess many other people were fighting on track more than I did and losing time because of it. Much better feeling this race than the previous one. Any side by side racing I experienced was respectful.

Tried the NSX, R8 LMS '15, and RSR next. The NSX and RSR went fine but as for the R8 LMS '15, the BoP weight didn't do any favors and its only due to the player driving the blue Huracan who passed me on the first corner of the first lap screwed up at the end that led to me getting an unlikely win the R8.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240823110214_1.pngGran Turismo® 7_20240823110240.pngGran Turismo® 7_20240823112209_1.pngGran Turismo® 7_20240823112235.pngGran Turismo® 7_20240823164223.pngGran Turismo® 7_20240823164250.png

Yes, it is easy to drive, but it is quite different to most of the other cars because of its short wheelbase/MR combination. What I have noticed is that most people who are unfamiliar with it tend to brake super-late and then stamp the throttle because it rotates so easily. They haven’t yet cottoned on to the fact that it’s real strength is maintaining momentum through corners and the predictability of managing mid-corner rotation with the throttle.

I am very jealous of you buying a Giulia. When I showed my long suffering wife a low km 4C for sale she said “it’s a great looking car that is impractical and screams mid-life crisis”. I hate that she’s always right.
Sorry, she is not right and this boomer attitude of insulting men to have small D because they bought a sportscar is just showing how frustrated and boring those people are. It's screaming midlife crisis. No, it's screaming I'm a nice car, you would have liked me when you were a child as well as when you are a senior.... It's the same prejudices I have to deal with all the time. Oh you like cars, so you are a lesbian! Nice, you drive a 370z, so car of your husband, or are you a prosti.. Professional? Sorry this got personal, but your wife has a strange attitude... And by the way, how many impractical things are in your house, that are hers.? Like those dry twigs many place as decorations or vases... Women with short hair, she must have her menopause. 😤

Are you already on the right side of the track before braking? I'm still figuring out the best line. I don't like to enter it fully from the left. From the braking point I cross the track more or less diagonally and try to get close to the wall/barrier on the right. Then I also can take the bus stop with minimal body roll.

Had time for 1 more race C this morning. Despite my QT improvement (almost in the 1:14's now with the G70 that I saw some people discuss in this thread), I still started 12th in what must've been quite a strong B / S lobby. In the first lap I got crashed out of the bus stop. Not on purpose luckily, but I still lost a lot of time and had huge damage. People in front of and behind me were lining up to pit after 1 lap, so I decided to race on. It put me in 6th position. The guy in front was slightly faster, the guy behind me slightly slower. So it turned out to be a lonely, time trial like event. Was wondering how many places I would lose after my pit stop. Turned out that was only 1 spot. So I made up 5 places despite the crash and finished 7th. I guess many other people were fighting on track more than I did and losing time because of it. Much better feeling this race than the previous one. Any side by side racing I experienced was respectful.
And this was exactly how I nearly got from low C to almost (1more race) to B in one evening approximately 6 races. I always pit late, have a clean track and just try not to try anything to better my line or anything. Consistently driving, no penalties = top 5. My line is,- I'm taking the last right hander going uphill tight, than let it swerve to the middle, somewhere there is a black line (rubber to fill a crack in the bitumen) my left wheels are driving over this line, from there straight and I break about the middle of the indicated braking zone. I must keep this assistant on, to find my braking point... It's always a bit scary, cause it's really late, but I just close my eyes, scream and when I'm opening my eyes again everything is fine.

Back