GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,856 comments
I always had good luck in the Mustang before, but it doesn’t seem to want to stop this week. I was doing well in the Jaguar but I got my best time in the Porsche. When you look at the leaderboard there are a lot of different cars, so it could be a fun week.
After a few tries with the supra/Porsche/gtr i settled on the beetle 🤣

Was I at fault here?
I'm no expert, not at all, but I put the blame on you (in a kind and inoffensive way, of course). He was ahead of you and everyone on that turn gravitates to the curb, so in essence you pitted him. When there's a squabble ahead of you, you can't expect them to drive perfectly until the dust settles. OK, it's possible you weren't at fault, but if it were me, I would have held back a little. But then again, I suck, so there's that... If I were that guy, I'd have been miffed also, but considering my screen name, take it with a grain of salt. I certainly don't think you were malicious or dirty, though.

I'm no expert, not at all, but I put the blame on you (in a kind and inoffensive way, of course). He was ahead of you and everyone on that turn gravitates to the curb, so in essence you pitted him. When there's a squabble ahead of you, you can't expect them to drive perfectly until the dust settles. OK, it's possible you weren't at fault, but if it were me, I would have held back a little. But then again, I suck, so there's that... If I were that guy, I'd have been miffed also, but considering my screen name, take it with a grain of salt. I certainly don't think you were malicious or dirty, though
Agree.... except I do think it was dirty.

Another week off for me it looks like, race B feel like we’ve seen this track a thousand times since launch, and 4 laps really doesn’t do it for me. Race C is just a WRX fest again, BoP really needs some work in GR.4. Shame really, as last week was one of my favourite weeks on GT7.
Yeah it’s a shame. I wanted to be original and be fast in something else, but after a few laps in the Atenza I swapped to the wrx and was almost instantly 2 seconds faster. One of my friends is reasonably quick in the lancer (low 48s), but I think it’ll be a wrx fest

B is such a fun combo but it being 4 laps takes the wind out your sails something fierce. You have an awesome few laps, and then oh - it's over and you're waiting 11 minutes for the next one.

Whose idea was that!? Barely any motivation to do the races when I'm waiting for longer than I'm driving. It just makes me want to play something else.

Gr4 sucks. Jesus Christ one race in and a total WRX/Alfa snooze fest.

Had more fun on one lap on the Mazdas last week.
Maybe I’m odd, but to be honest it doesn’t really bother me THAT much. If it’s a good track, and good racing, I’m not too upset if there isn’t many different manufacturers. Obviously it would be much better if there were more competitive cars, but I’m not too upset about battling with cars of the same make….

Maybe I’m odd, but to be honest it doesn’t really bother me THAT much. If it’s a good track, and good racing, I’m not too upset if there isn’t many different manufacturers. Obviously it would be much better if there were more competitive cars, but I’m not too upset about battling with cars of the same make….
I agree. Honestly the no brake bias control bothers me way more then a meta car. And giving brake bias back might help with the meta issue also.

I've done about 5 Daily B today and here's what I've figured out:

I have a B Drivers Rating and an S Safety Rating. I have been punted on Lap 1 in every race today with other B/S or B/A players. I have then been punted again on Lap 1 once we get to the chicane.

I have a LOT of SR I can burn and I'm about to. I am not fast enough to achieve an A Driver Rating, which means I have all the points from S down to B Safety Rating to burn in paybacks, preemptive punts because what's the point, and revenge punts for people who've hit me before.

Someone talk me off this ledge before I go on a rampage and forget what trigger the brake button is.......

I have a B Drivers Rating and an S Safety Rating. I have been punted on Lap 1 in every race today with other B/S or B/A players. I have then been punted again on Lap 1 once we get to the chicane.

I have a LOT of SR I can burn and I'm about to. I am not fast enough to achieve an A Driver Rating, which means I have all the points from S down to B Safety Rating to burn in paybacks, preemptive punts because what's the point, and revenge punts for people who've hit me before.

Someone talk me off this ledge before I go on a rampage and forget what trigger the brake button is.......
this is whats wrong with the game.. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Race C with my viper is this weekly activity, finally my 100s of money runs on that track will pay off.

I expect to hit the ceiling early but this track I can drive on the limit in my sleep so unlike other tracks this is where I can outlast other drivers.

And earn 78k instead of ten times that much when I grind money, thanks PD for not making sense.

You're right, I should just stop expecting clean racing at all driver rating levels and go back to boring single player, right?
3 more races, 3 more Lap 1 punts. Now I'm wondering if I'm the problem. Do I brake too early? Do I have "Please Punterino" written on the back of my car?

3 more races, 3 more Lap 1 punts. Now I'm wondering if I'm the problem. Do I brake too early? Do I have "Please Punterino" written on the back of my car?
you need to accept that it is what it is, nothing will change it. if it aint fun, dont do it..
its that whole ‘dog poo on the sidewalk’ analogy over and over again.. 💩

Agree.... except I do think it was dirty.
That is something, which in almost 1k Sport Mode races, I have never been called! I saw an opportunity and tried to take it. I could have chilled as GoM suggested, but I figured i would have ended up being crashed into by those coming in hot as we were all bunched up since it was just 3rd turn of the race.

I've been punted on purpose a 100 times and never resorted to it, ever!

It is indeed frustrating.
I try to watch very carefully:
  • how many tenths of a second the next player is behind me
  • if he is within 4/10 sec, try to make sure he is not straight behind me on the radar, also if this means sacrificing the race line or the defensive line
This way I can avoid at least some of the punting.
Good luck!

B is such a fun combo but it being 4 laps takes the wind out your sails something fierce. You have an awesome few laps, and then oh - it's over and you're waiting 11 minutes for the next one.

Whose idea was that!? Barely any motivation to do the races when I'm waiting for longer than I'm driving. It just makes me want to play something else.

These two points are related. Maybe if the race was a little longer, people wouldn't be so desperate to get in front.

It's a shame. It really puts the onus on qualifying, and we all know that even though a driver is quick it doesn't mean they'll be clean.

Nice variety of cars in race B today. In this race, the top 6 cars are different, and 10 of the 15 were different (if I counted right):
View attachment 1213652

The wall penalties aren't as penal as you might think at the CoD, because you serve them right before a tight turn. I had a 1.5 penalty in this race, and still managed to finish 5th (I think I started 4th). And thankfully, they don't affect the CRB:
View attachment 1213653

I'm currently using the RX Vision, which seems to have a nice gearing for this track (for me), corners well, brakes well, and accelerates well.
View attachment 1213655
View attachment 1213656
View attachment 1213658
I like your cars

Did 2 race B yesterday, both finished quite bad....
I tried to stay out of troubles, but troubles didn't stay out of me :(

In the first race with a Supra, started 10, reached 5 (not because of my skills) , and then someone used my as a additional brake. Last....

In the second race with a Beettle, started 11, reached 7 (not because of my skills), but and the final turn of lap 3, a guy went too deep, had some handling issue touching a bit the grass, recovered, and then, side by side on the straight, he forced my to crash into the wedge between the track and the pit. Last... no penality for him, clean race for me (PD please explain....) .
I didn't go to the replay to figure out if it was on purpose of if his car had a move just after coming back from the grass. I actually don't care.
All I know is that I was exactly in the middle on the track, so I did nothing wrong, even thought seeing what was happening to him I could have anticipated his troubles shifting more to the right

However....
I don't like Supra here. Too much understeer, and little bit more of a braking distance if I compare to the Beetle.
Probably someone good can squeeze out more from the Supra, but I feel the Beetle more foregiving here and more stick to the racing line.

The only bit of track where Supra handles better (at least in my hands) is the chicane of death.
Supra: just lift when the out curb before the left-right occours
Beetle: I need to brake a bit, lifting is not enough
I don't like it, touching the brake is more risky, but cannot avoid it

Starting Race C in a WRX vs the Alfa's who qualified behind you

attack-birds.gif

Also not sure I'm fond of the barrier penalties in the CoD. Mess it up and get 1.5, this carries through to a bad exit and hitting the outside wall, 3 seconds (plus acceleration time at that part of the track) on top of what you lost from just hitting the barrier in the first place.

Its a bit harsh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to do Race C with some RWD car? Is any car good enough to compete with the boring 4WD? I tried couple of laps with the WRX last night just to feel the track, but it feels like slow motion, the Gr4 just doesn't suit the high speed track. Maybe to spice things up with some Viper or Vette or something?

Guys I need help to understand what happened to my DR.

Normally I'm AS but recently, with all the stupid crashers on Fuji and my thirst for vengeance, I've continually moved as follows:
AS>AA>AB>AA>AB>AA>AS>AA>AB
and then all of the sudden and for no particular reason, BB! Why B driver rating? Keep in mind that I didn't go as low as AC or even lower due to my temper. I went straight to BB. I didn't lose any significant amount of positions during Dragon Trail races and my QT is 1:37.880. I crashed into the chicane of death a couple of times giving me a 1.5 penalty but that's it.

Now I'm working my way up (I'm BA now), but I don't know what I have to do to have A DR again.

Guys I need help to understand what happened to my DR.

Normally I'm AS but recently, with all the stupid crashers on Fuji and my thirst for vengeance, I've continually moved as follows:
AS>AA>AB>AA>AB>AA>AS>AA>AB
and then all of the sudden and for no particular reason, BB! Why B driver rating? Keep in mind that I didn't go as low as AC or even lower due to my temper. I went straight to BB. I didn't lose any significant amount of positions during Dragon Trail races and my QT is 1:37.880. I crashed into the chicane of death a couple of times giving me a 1.5 penalty but that's it.

Now I'm working my way up (I'm BA now), but I don't know what I have to do to have A DR again.
I’m sure I have read somewhere that your SR can’t be lower than your DR. If your SR drops below your DR then your DR has to drop to the SR level.
I will try to find the guide that explains this, but I’m sure someone else on here will know.

I’m sure I have read somewhere that your SR can’t be lower than your DR. If your SR drops below your DR then your DR has to drop to the SR level.
I will try to find the guide that explains this, but I’m sure someone else on here will know.
I don't understand. There's no AC level? Why do I remember it? 🤔

Last edited:
Back