GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,318 comments
@Tidgney used it on the Mazda and revealed it at the end of a clip on YouTube 2 days ago,

Yep, thats a damn good car combo. Holy hell.
18d8ddfa24922-screenshotUrl.png

Well really happy , i improved my qt three time today. First two was just small improvement , and finally i broke the 1.33 limite.
Qt is 1.32.783 ✌️😉 still with the 458

And a Big thanks to @praiano63 as i used his settings as base to find mine

Edit: since this qt it's 5 podium , include 2 win all in dr B
18d8efe1ccd79-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_437120149847936_17075005853...jpg

18d8efe3b0f70-60b3f7c451a213aa220827777b6d733309a38dde-651_message_437117088063128_1707488625246.jpg

Last edited:
I'm back from the dead, but I don't know if I'll race today. If I start a coughing fit during a race, it won't be pretty.

I was just watching one of @Tidgney's videos on the Mazda, and he showed something I'd never heard about before. Someone flashed their brights at him, and Tidgney said that was a sign the guy wanted to give him a bump draft. Can anyone explain this further? As I said, I've never heard of it before. (I paused his video to post this, so if he explains it later on, I'll come back and edit this.)
Generally if I've had no issue with a driver and can see they are racing fair, a flash to me generally means i won't overtake or bump drafting (Depending on the scenario I'm in) or that they want to progress / work together to jump others if pitstops are happening. I have had exceptions to this of course.

Finally had some clean races in B/B and could improve my SR. Only because we could drive away. I was faster than the Mazda in front but couldn't overtake him in my NSX.

A ranked drivers are always like ninjas and warriors, that's the way I see it. Maybe I should get my DR up to a B/C, because I don't want to be in a lobby full of A ranked drivers. They may kick my butt on the track, xD.
The crucial thing is to get your SR to S. That way you will be in cleaner lobbies (at least by GT’s debased standards) and can focus on getting quicker rather than avoiding being sent to the shadow realm. And getting SR S is easy-ish. You just need to do several races without hitting anyone (doesn’t matter where you finish).

Generally if I've had no issue with a driver and can see they are racing fair, a flash to me generally means i won't overtake or bump drafting (Depending on the scenario I'm in) or that they want to progress / work together to jump others if pitstops are happening. I have had exceptions to this of course.

Caveated to very top end lobbies A/A+/S and that may well be the behaviour.

Once you get out of the quick guys with your level of control and awareness that's not typically what people are doing, apart from the finish line well done flash and return hazards, most people (outside of the top 5000) in this game don't even know what bump drafting is, how to do it and when. In addition a lot don't appreciate the let's catch up to the car in front either....

It's just very very different lenses that the game is played and seen through.

Being complete fair, some of the overtakes you post would be considered gold standard in lower lobby levels.

The car control is not the same as A/A+ drivers. Braking points frequently missed. Miss timed corner exits, throttle control that could use work.

Remember A+ is the smallest racing pool in the game after S

That means the majority of people playing the game probably don't quite have the same experience or etiquette in their races 👍

Got some qt laps in earlier and landed solidly in the 56's in C (1:56.3xx). Stoked about that. Should be able to hit 55's with a bit of time...not sure if I'm gonna catch @AdxRE as they're in the 54's, and also happen to be clogging up the #1 spot on my friends list. Nothing like setting some good old-fashioned unattainable goals for myself.😁

Left plenty of time on the table with this one, though, so feeling hopeful:

Really struggling to figure-out Deep Forrest. I don't remember racing here before and it shows. Every corner feels like the first time, and it's not a great feeling.🤣 Got the Veyron dialed-in a bit and it's been fun, guess we'll see how it does in a race tomorrow. Gotta get some time knocked off my qt but a morning race should be good times.👍

Good luck out there!! :cheers:

Question. On Daily Race 3, I seem to be losing time in the pits. Today I was jumped by a car 2s behind me on pit entry. I select tires and hit don't refuel quickly. Is this a glitch or is there something to the pit mechanics that I am not aware of? I'm embarrassed to say having played GT for the last 20+ years of my life and racing Sports mode for a long time I've always assumed the pit timing would be same for everyone and never thought to ask.

Question. On Daily Race 3, I seem to be losing time in the pits. Today I was jumped by a car 2s behind me on pit entry. I select tires and hit don't refuel quickly. Is this a glitch or is there something to the pit mechanics that I am not aware of? I'm embarrassed to say having played GT for the last 20+ years of my life and racing Sports mode for a long time I've always assumed the pit timing would be same for everyone and never thought to ask.
Maybe he just pit and did not change tyre

Have a watch of this mate. Some cars are faster on entry and exit than others.

Last edited:
You aren’t required to change tires, so that’s two seconds lost if you do. That combined with the weird variance in pit exits posted in the video above would account for that. I lost two spots last night in a race where I was in P2 most laps and never saw the cars that somehow jumped past me. I suspect they have better pit times.

I’d like to ask a question: I don’t have video, but you’ve all been in the same situation, I’m sure. On that long straight on the backside of Nurburgring GP I had a guy pass me on the left, so I was going to accept that I’d lose a spot when we got to the chicane. But he dove to the right to get in front of me at the last second, presumably to get a better angle, and then slammed on the brakes at the same instant. I had no time to react and ended out running into him. It could have ruined his race but ruined mine instead, but should I feel bad about punting him in this situation, even though it didn’t hurt him? I’m actually more angry than sorry. Is this the right reaction?

I hate when people do squirrelly stuff like that, but maybe that’s just racing? Racing incident? Or just dirty tactics? In turn 1 of the same race a Mercedes lost traction and went sideways as we all were switching back. I unintentionally pitted him when I caught his rear corner as he crossed traffic. I regretted the incident, but don’t feel guilty about it. Is it possible that maybe I’m the problem in these situations? This was all in one race, so maybe it was just a bad mix of people?

Just curious what you all are seeing out there as well.

Last edited:
You aren’t required to change tires, so that’s two seconds lost if you do. That combined with the weird variance in pit exits posted in the video above would account for that. I lost two spots last night in a race where I was in P2 most laps and never saw the cars that somehow jumped past me. I suspect they have better pit times.

I’d like to ask a question: I don’t have video, but you’ve all been in the same situation, I’m sure. On that long straight on the backside of Nurburgring GP I had a guy pass me on the left, so I was going to accept that I’d lose a spot when we got to the chicane. But he dove to the right to get in front of me at the last second, presumably to get a better angle, and then slammed on the brakes at the same instant. I had no time to react and ended out running into him. It could have ruined his race but ruined mine instead, but should I feel bad about punting him in this situation, even though it didn’t hurt him? I’m actually more angry than sorry. Is this the right reaction?

I hate when people do squirrelly stuff like that, but maybe that’s just racing? Racing incident? Or just dirty tactics? In turn 1 of the same race a Mercedes lost traction and went sideways as we all were switching back. I unintentionally pitted him when I caught his rear corner as he crossed traffic. I regretted the incident, but don’t feel guilty about it. Is it possible that maybe I’m the problem in these situations? This was all in one race, so maybe it was just a bad mix of people?

I’d say if you think it’s dirty tactics and you’re clean, then trust yourself! Watch the replay back from his perspective and that should show if he’s a day late and dollar short and still went for it, the runt 😁

I ran into this a bunch when I started in B but it has waned as I crawl up the ranks. Still happens, though. Much like @Bullwinkle I am curious as to whether or not this is an OK move. Personally, I don't do it. To me it feels like a complete 'richard' move and not something I would do IRL. Not a great idea from a self-preservation angle, either.👍

If throwing your car in front of someone and then standing on the brakes ISN'T an illegal move, it's gotta be close. I'm just trying to figure-out if my fellow racers are being shrewd or 💩-y.😁

:cheers:

Anyone out there know of a 4WD tune for DF? Maybe it doesn’t need one but asking anyhoo

The 650 one a few pages back is really good

Also just had a failed brake test attempt on me at DF up the big hill, so funny, still laughing now 🤣😂

Last edited:
Back