GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,017 comments
Do any of you fast chaps have any tuning tips for setting up the Porsche Gr3 for Maggiore? I heard @Tidgney mention, in his Weekly Race Guide, reducing the Natural Frequency of the suspension to improve power transfer on exit, but I don't know if this change can be made in isolation or needs to be done in conjunction with other changes, the ARB's, dampers and diff. Are Praiano's tunes a good place to start?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to suspension. On my mountain bikes, the technician sets it up during service, and I just give it a squish and say "Hmm, feels nice". 😂
Most of the time whacking the natural frequency down to the minimum will automatically help. I've no idea what it does personally but I've found it to significantly help, more so with FR cars due to them having less weight over the rear. I'm no tuning expert though.

I’ll be going backwards on the leaderboard by morning as you all just keep ramping it up
Well I don't suppose I have much choice, after seeing this post -->
IMG_7815.jpeg
:lol:

Last edited:
Well I don't suppose I have much choice, after seeing this post -->

:lol:
Ooh, I've already improved over that. Currently at a 1:57.348. Was still in the top 800 globally as of last night. I've probably dropped a bit since then though.

I may give B more of a chance. While there is a lot of red on the board the DR dropped is not a catastrophic as I feared. Still not good though. The issue with this course is that I am good at it in time trial but in racing, I am often the victim of the turn 1/2 at the start. If not for that and the occasional off through my own fault at turn 6, I can do well there, but turn 1 and 2 I don't appear to have a good strategy for defense.

What usually happens is that I'll brake to not hit the car in front but the car behind will then dive inside and hit me, that I then slot behind them, but the hit has slowed me down. So one of two things then happen. Either I then get hit from behind braking into turn 2, or abused some other way or, the car in front of me brakes in a way causing me evasive action and then I get taken out by the cars behind again. It's a **** show.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.09.52 AM.png

It seems the GTRs are becoming dominant on this course and I tried for an hour last night to get good with the GTR. It certainly handles nicely for the most part but I can't get the same pace as the AMG. The best was putting my AMG tune on it and tweaking rear diff, but that is probably not optimal. Anyone got a good GTR tune?

Last edited:
On, I've already improved over that. Currently at a 1:57.348. Was still in the top 800 globally as of last night. I've probably dropped a bit since then though.

I may give B more of a chance. While there is a lot of red on the board the DR dropped is not a catastrophic as I feared. Still not good though. The issue with this course is that I am good at it in time trial but in racing, I am often the victim of the turn 1/2 at the start. If not for that and the occasional off though my own fault at turn 6, I can do well there, but turn 1 and 2 I don't appear to have a good strategy for defense.

What usually happens is that I'll brake to not hit the car in front but the car behind will then dive inside and hit me, that I then slot behind them, but the hit has slowed me down. So one of two things then happen. Either I then get hit from behind braking into turn 2, or abused some other way or, the car in front of me brakes in a way causing me evasive action and then I get taken out by the cars behind again. It's a **** show.

View attachment 1329997

It seems the GTRs are becoming dominant on this course and I tried for an hour last night to get good with the GTR. It certainly handles nicely for the most part but I can't get the same pace as the AMG. The best was putting my AMG tune on it and tweaking rear diff, but that is probably not optimal. Anyone got a good GTR tune?
I just did a minor tune to get the AMG to 1:57.081.
I only changed 2 things from the stock settings.
I raised the front anti-roll bar to 10, and lowered front natural frequency to 3.20.
Those two things got the car to rotate through the turns much better. 👍

I raised the front anti-roll bar to 10, and lowered front natural frequency to 3.20.
Lowering the NF on front is key. I haven't tried upping the front ARB to such a high level though. My settings which work for me are:

Suspension
  • Body Height Adjustment: 60 / 70
  • Anti-roll Bar: 6 / 6
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 28 / 32
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 38 / 42
  • Natural Frequency: 3.15 / 3.30
  • Negative Camber Angle: 3.5 / 3.5
  • Toe Angle: 0.10 out / 0.20 in
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 0 / 5
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 0 / 47
  • Braking Sensitivity: 0 / 18
  • Torque-Vectoring Center Differential: None
  • Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 0:100
Depending on track I lower braking sensitivity further but here with the sweeping turn 5, I leave it higher for some stability.

I say that everyone should do whatever feels good for them.
All the adjustments you're making are probably beneficial, but my idea was to make the fewest adjustments possible that would get my car to turn better, since the stupid game won't save our settings, and I don't want to be bothered with changing a ton of stuff before every race. :)

I say that everyone should do whatever feels good for them.
All the adjustments you're making are probably beneficial, but my idea was to make the fewest adjustments possible that would get my car to turn better, since the stupid game won't save our settings, and I don't want to be bothered with changing a ton of stuff before every race. :)
I highlighted the important part here. If PD is going to allow tuning, why we can't save settings is baffling.

Last edited:
My first daily on this track so spent quite some time learning the corners and track limits. I thought I did an Okay QT (1:56.683) in the McLaren, until I joined my 1st race and got gridded 14th! (A/A+ lobby)

Anyways here is the QT lap, setup is in description if you want to give it a go.

Did like 6 races today and I don’t think I finished any of those better than 8th (Mostly >12th), including the one where I spectacularly binned it in front of @jenson86 !

GTR and the Merc are the go-to in the lobbies I was in.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I'll give this a try tonight. I was using praiano's tune for the amg, hard tires. I like simple. I don't like these tuning races if you need them to be competitive. I won't do anything other than copy-paste for these!

Maybe, just maybe a top 200 is on the cards.

I just don't quite nail sector 2 but over achieve in sectors 1 and 3

Edit: sector 3

IMG_0183.jpeg

Edit 2:

I just want to say that it's with the help of this community that I have improved so much.

It's been a journey. Playing at the kitchen table.

IMG_8066.jpeg

Playseat challenge (dragged out of the way every night)

IMG_8368.jpeg

And I can't find the picture of me using the ironing board in the sitting room to hold my wheel through to

IMG_8943.jpeg

And finally

IMG_9251.jpeg

It's been a fun, frustrating but progressive journey through the years. (I don't have a pic with the dd pro on the base)

Last edited:

View attachment 1330033

Edit 2:

I just want to say that it's with the help of this community that I have improved so much.

View attachment 1330040

View attachment 1330041

And I can't find the picture of me using the ironing board in the sitting room to hold my wheel through to

View attachment 1330042

And finally

View attachment 1330043

It's been a fun, frustrating but progressive journey through the years. (I don't have a pic with the dd pro on the base)
1708455449337.png

Priceless. I think everyone should have something like this by their side when running dailies...refreshing (if not required) to laugh after some of these lobbies.🤣

Great stuff and I've much envy. I'm on a similar train, just a couple cars back from where you currently are.😁

:cheers:

View attachment 1330033

Edit 2:

View attachment 1330040

View attachment 1330041

View attachment 1330042

And finally

View attachment 1330043

That is an awesome time, well done mate. I didn’t do Race B but I would imagine it is hard to get a perfect lap in the Mazda 3.

My current setup is like your 2nd last pic, hope I will be able to have a dedicated space for the rig soon.

Last edited:
Lowering the NF on front is key. I haven't tried upping the front ARB to such a high level though. My settings which work for me are:

Suspension
  • Body Height Adjustment: 60 / 70
  • Anti-roll Bar: 6 / 6
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 28 / 32
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 38 / 42
  • Natural Frequency: 3.15 / 3.30
  • Negative Camber Angle: 3.5 / 3.5
  • Toe Angle: 0.10 out / 0.20 in
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 0 / 5
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 0 / 47
  • Braking Sensitivity: 0 / 18
  • Torque-Vectoring Center Differential: None
  • Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 0:100
Depending on track I lower braking sensitivity further but here with the sweeping turn 5, I leave it higher for some stability.
Had zero time yesterday but about 45 minutes today. At first I tried some different cars as been driving the Gr3/ Gr4 versions of the 650S for about 5 weeks now 🤣 Came a bit close to my current time driving the Ford GT Spec II but had a lot of disappointing runs with the NSX, Peugeot Concept and the R8. Gave the ol' 650S a go for about 6 laps - I think I found the right car setting but need to fine tune the wheel stuff...

I either get loads of understeer when I lower FFB and increase SENS or else completely unable to take a long, sweeping corner at all 🤣 Will get there, hope to have some time Thurs or over the weekend. Might try the AMG a bit next time I log in. Here is my current McLaren tune and LB standing. ahem @TheNormsk 🤣😂

1708460071712.jpeg
1708460107254.jpeg

I hate the tuning for dailies 🤷🏻‍♂️
You don't have to tune to go fast mate. It will get you 3/10ths or a fraction more.

If you are using the mazda (which you should) then it's just diff tuning that smooths out some of the torque steer. So

5/60/5 but you have to hit the turn in points and be confident on the throttle.

There is some really wanky stuff you can do on the brakes as well but that is a different topic.

Had zero time yesterday but about 45 minutes today. At first I tried some different cars as been driving the Gr3/ Gr4 versions of the 650S for about 5 weeks now 🤣 Came a bit close to my current time driving the Ford GT Spec II but had a lot of disappointing runs with the NSX, Peugeot Concept and the R8. Gave the ol' 650S a go for about 6 laps - I think I found the right car setting but need to fine tune the wheel stuff...

I either get loads of understeer when I lower FFB and increase SENS or else completely unable to take a long, sweeping corner at all 🤣 Will get there, hope to have some time Thurs or over the weekend. Might try the AMG a bit next time I log in. Here is my current McLaren tune and LB standing. ahem @TheNormsk 🤣😂

View attachment 1330059 View attachment 1330060
You people need to slow down...you're gonna get someone hurt. For instance, what about my poor bruised ego? Do you think of nothing but yourselves???🤣

Nice times, folks. On the hunt, but not quite there yet. Was all proud sittin' between @TheNormsk and @sturk0167 for a minute...glad I basked in that ever-so-fleeting glory. Time for some laps....😁

Had my first crack a race B this evening, after spending some time learning the track. My very average 1’59.8” QT was good enough for starts in the bottom 1/3 in DR B lobbies. Unfortunately every race seems to be populated by GT-R driving Psychopaths! After 4 races of being rammed I think I’ll give the Red Bull Ring a go tomorrow. Hopefully drivers there will have a bit more etiquette and patience, because they couldn’t be any worse!!

Last edited:
Had my first crack a race B this evening, after spending some time learning the track. My very average 1’59.8” QT was good enough for starts in the bottom 1/3. Unfortunately every race seems to be populated by GT-R driving Psychopaths! After 4 races of being rammed I think I’ll give the Red Bull Ring a go tomorrow. Hopefully drivers there will have a bit more etiquette and patience, because they couldn’t be any worse!!
Daily C is where it's at, it's 9 more minutes.

There is a pit stop.

Do that an be happier honestly.

You people need to slow down...you're gonna get someone hurt. For instance, what about my poor bruised ego? Do you think of nothing but yourselves???🤣

Nice times, folks. On the hunt, but not quite there yet. Was all proud sittin' between @TheNormsk and @sturk0167 for a minute...glad I basked in that ever-so-fleeting glory. Time for some laps....😁
The shocking thing is that top 800 time only puts you in the mid-pack in the A/A+ lobbies. There's a lot of fast people out there.

I'm going to torture myself and try out Godzilla on the Euro circuit. I'll be driving against a bunch of drunkards by the time I race.

Last edited:
OMG, it's Tuesday afternoon and I have not done any races yet, I've been battling Maggiore for a total of 3-4 hours today trying to get a time under 2 minutes, but no luck. Here's the video of my best run so far. I used my own unique car, the Ford GT LM Spec II car, and yes the sound is up so you'll be able to hear the engine motor of how I brake/press on gas. S1 and S2 were okay but I felt I could do better some, I clocked S1 at 0'34.570. Sector 2 has to be done with a rhythm, I stayed close to each side of the curb to trace good lines to carry out a strong exit speed.

I utilized the white curbings to trace good lines to help get through the corners quicker and smoother. So, I'm stuck at 2'01.377 at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon.

I'm shocked I do not have many subscribers yet as I post weekly videos to my channel, maybe they're not attractive!? I think some of my videos are good and entertaining to watch.

@Akers I'm about 2 seconds behind you.

@MrJones 78 you hate the tuning, I hate that and Maggiore, it's such a long track with twisty turns and corners.

@sturk0167 congrats on your time at LM, damn I'm sweating bullets trying to improve my QT. So far I've tried the Porsche RSR, the Ford GT Spec II, and the R.S. one and I haven't been able to clock a lap under 2 minutes.

@newmedia_dev Wow, I saw your picture earlier, it's amazing you're that young and can set some incredible times and the equipment is really cool and out of this world, I need something like that. I'm lagging behind at LM. Lol, I saw the Dad's Jokes book at the bottom of the floor.

If anyone has any tuning that I could to help my cars work better, please feel free to PM me or post it here. I'll have to buy my own as I cannot tune rented cars.

@TheNormsk I don't see any tuning options for the B and C races. Or maybe I have to do it in my garage manually.

Oh and btw, I have a secret, I am on the autism spectrum, I was diagnosed at age 4, so I have a bunch of talents, I'm excellent at math, science, and trivial game shows.

…but as Hamlet would’ve said (maybe), had he played GT, “For tyres, or not for tyres? That is the question” ;)
If we are going existential, then are we really racing or do the races happen?

Toil and toils bubble and trouble, roll your dice and deal with the rubble.

Hugely butchered Shakespeare :)

Back