GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,153 comments
Daily C is where it's at, it's 9 more minutes.

There is a pit stop.

Do that an be happier honestly.
Happier? In Gr.4 on Red Bull Ring?

No Way Smh GIF

well, it was still good to see you in a race today! Sorry the races haven't worked out for you (yet). Also @Bullwinkle !
Oh shoot! I forgot to mention you! I can’t remember which race I saw you, but my night was all over the place! Hopefully I didn’t take you out . . .
I really needed a day like today. For the last three weeks, I have only seen that dang red arrow pointing down,down,down. It was getting old and depressing. I sorely need to turn that arrow blue for a few races at least.
Keep it in the blue, my friend!
Do any of you fast chaps have any tuning tips for setting up the Porsche Gr3 for Maggiore? I heard @Tidgney mention, in his Weekly Race Guide, reducing the Natural Frequency of the suspension to improve power transfer on exit, but I don't know if this change can be made in isolation or needs to be done in conjunction with other changes, the ARB's, dampers and diff. Are Praiano's tunes a good place to start?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to suspension. On my mountain bikes, the technician sets it up during service, and I just give it a squish and say "Hmm, feels nice". 😂
If anyone has any tuning that I could to help my cars work better, please feel free to PM me or post it here. I'll have to buy my own as I cannot tune rented cars.
I’m not a “fast chap,” but I really like my tune for the 911. Here’s how I set it:
Roll bar 5/9
Comp 25/25
Exp 43/45
Nat 3.20/3.00

LSD 15/50/20

This is all good for me, so ymmv. But in general the go-to move is to lower Nat Freq very low, lower compression and raise expansion.

All these settings need to be done once you enter the race, but if you do it while doing warmup laps after entry, they will stick for the race.

Slow down? Good grief man, you set a blinder!

View attachment 1330109

But I’m coming for ya!
I figure we should all be deep in the sixes by end of week at this rate.😁

No matter what I've said historically, or what I will say moving forward, you all are the best motivators this game has had on offer yet. Sure, I may say horrible things you can't hear when you smash my times, but the love is still there.😇

Best part? I was so amped about my time, I forgot to screenshot my set-up.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:cheers:

I hate it when that happens! 😀

Meanwhile I’m trail to learn how to drive quick being the rabbit, rather than driving as a coyote.

Now doing laps with no ghost. I’m a lot slower but gaining. Still having trouble getting into the 57s with no ghost.

I figure we should all be deep in the sixes by end of week at this rate.😁

No matter what I've said historically, or what I will say moving forward, you all are the best motivators this game has had on offer yet. Sure, I may say horrible things you can't hear when you smash my times, but the love is still there.😇

:cheers:
My new QT now is 2'01.095, thanks to the Porsche RSR. There's a lot of bright smart and clever drivers out there, I'm hoping to get to your level soon.

I ended up doing 3 races on my euro account. They were all great races.

I started in second in each race because there was a super fast A+ driver in poll, so first was out of the question on every race. I came in fourth in the first race, second in the second race, and fifth in the third race.

The second race had the best finish because of the way it finished.

GT7 | Daily Race B 24-08 | An surprise finish in Europe.

Is it just me or do people have more problems with the Red Bull Ring?
If you are using the mazda (which you should) then it's just diff tuning that smooths out some of the torque steer. So

5/60/5 but you have to hit the turn in points and be confident on the throttle.
The Mazda is the only Gr.4 car where I can't find a good setup that I like. I tried a lot and I feel like 5/60/5 understeers even more out of the corners. Is there something that makes it more driveable? Compared to Forza, I absolutely hate driving FF cars in GT7. It's the complete opposite for MR/RR cars. I hate them in Forza and love driving them in GT7.

I started in second in each race because there was a super fast A+ driver in poll, so first was out of the question on every race. I came in fourth in the first race, second in the second race, and fifth in the third race.

That was a great one, nice job missing that smoking Porsche and got a tight enough line to beat the Merc to the line!

Glad to hear you had some great races - I only had 3 okay-ish races out of the 10 I did yesterday (PM UK time) with my McLaren being everyone's punching bag (GTRs beat me down the straights, Mercs and Porsches diveboom me in corners), will be racing in the evenings instead...

Looks like I need to go back to Quali for a better time with every of us now in 1:56's! :D

btw I have previously added your US account but cannot seem to add your UK one, may you add me on PSN instead?

Last edited:
@AdxRE impressive run with the Mclaren. I'll try using your tune in a little bit and record the video so everyone can see, I've got to get my time down to under 2 minutes at L.Maggiore.

Has anyone have a replay that's a little under my time- 2'01.095! See Sector 1 takes a little chunk of my time, because when I break I'll usually take a few seconds to press on the gas. The left-right-left chicane before the straightway down to Sector 3 requires focus and is tricky, cause you start it wrong and it will cause an avalanche of understeer/collisions.

I don't think the Porsche RSR is the best car for this long track!

You don't have to tune to go fast mate. It will get you 3/10ths or a fraction more.

If you are using the mazda (which you should) then it's just diff tuning that smooths out some of the torque steer. So

5/60/5 but you have to hit the turn in points and be confident on the throttle.

There is some really wanky stuff you can do on the brakes as well but that is a different topic.
Yeah thanks, the Aston Martin brought me to a 2:01:xxx time but I still start last 😂 I may try that but even just manipulating the diff is just too much for my time windows. Choose your car that fits and drive. I mean, you have the more sim race in race C, why not just do tuning in race C?

I may try what changes if I do not change the settings, maybe I’m even faster now because I know the track better 😂

1708509881220.png

Lol, I'm lucky aren't I, 777 races completed as of this morning! I almost got a win last night, watch this!!

Check out all that action and intensity!! @mellofello9 what'd ya think of that, I got the pole time, I thought I would get it but Momo overtook me there and led most of the race.

Damn,only 4 wins out of 777!? Good grief, in order to get 20 wins I'd have to go through over 3500 races!! That's tedious. Durn, I don't think I'll be able to catch you all, but it's okay to me, I'm not gonna beat myself up for my health issues and family issues. See me and my mom do not have a good support network, so that's why I came here in 2021, was to make friends and meet people from all around the globe.

Last edited:
Well if your progress is sorry, I don’t know what that says about me as I was watching you from behind the whole race! I didn’t spend much time qualifying and just jumped in cold. I was bummed I only saw you once. But I’ve worked on my quali time. You’ll see that I’m breathing down your neck for the time being. Maybe we’ll get paired again more often.

There was a player named @Roggers in a couple of races in North America. Was that our Roggers, or was it a coincidence?
Nope not me, must be an imposter 🤣
I don’t race much in American lobbies, but when I do it’s normally around 9am-12 on the east coast.

I’m not a “fast chap,” but I really like my tune for the 911. Here’s how I set it:
Roll bar 5/9
Comp 25/25
Exp 43/45
Nat 3.20/3.00

LSD 15/50/20

This is all good for me, so ymmv. But in general the go-to move is to lower Nat Freq very low, lower compression and raise expansion.
Thanks @Bullwinkle, you're a gent. I'll give those a try, while trying to improve my QT at Maggiore.

@AdxRE Impressive lap! Thanks for sharing. It's reassuring to watch and see that my line, brake and turn points, are right (except sector 1, where I picked up a few tips on where I could save some time, Gracias!). I just need to carry a bit more speed though the turns (Easier said than done!😂) .

Does anyone have a good McLaren 650s Gr4 setup? TIA.

Last edited:
This is my first post here (Hello 👋) and I'm sorry if it has been discussed but is it intented, that the Mazda3 in Gr4 is so fast? I'm pretty new to GT7 and not a good driver (I play with controller and jump between C & B driver rating) but with every car I tried in Gr4 I'm at least .5s slower on the Red Bull Ring then with the Mazda3. With some cars even 1s or more (no tuning because I can't tune 🙈)

Last week on Spa I was really close with a couple of cars but this week the Mazda seems impossible to beat. or at least with my driving skill.

This is my first post here (Hello 👋) and I'm sorry if it has been discussed but is it intented, that the Mazda3 in Gr4 is so fast? I'm pretty new to GT7 and not a good driver (I play with controller and jump between C & B driver rating) but with every car I tried in Gr4 I'm at least .5s slower on the Red Bull Ring then with the Mazda3. With some cars even 1s or more (no tuning because I can't tune 🙈)

Last week on Spa I was really close with a couple of cars but this week the Mazda seems impossible to beat. or at least with my driving skill.
Welcome @Interemptor. 👍
Unfortunately this is an issue with how the ‘Balance’ of Performance is calculated, to ensure fair/close racing between different vehicles in the same category. Sadly the BoP applied to the Mazda 3 Gr4 is flawed. Everyone knows this, with the exception of Polyphony Digital, it seems. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. 🙏🙏🙏
In the meantime, the best thing you can do is race hard in your preferred car of choice, and feel extra pleased if/when you finish ahead of a Mazda. 😁

Last edited:
My first daily on this track so spent quite some time learning the corners and track limits. I thought I did an Okay QT (1:56.683) in the McLaren, until I joined my 1st race and got gridded 14th! (A/A+ lobby)

Anyways here is the QT lap, setup is in description if you want to give it a go.

Did like 6 races today and I don’t think I finished any of those better than 8th (Mostly >12th), including the one where I spectacularly binned it in front of @jenson86 !

GTR and the Merc are the go-to in the lobbies I was in.

I only saw you spinning but didn't really realize what happened. My first thought was someone hit you, there were cars all over the place :-) The race is too short for my taste, but I won't try Race C, not enjoying a Mazda one-make. It is the first time for me as well that I am racing Lago Maggiore in Sports Mode. I did the CE first and tried the Alpha Romeo and my go-to car the Porsche. With both of them I was too slow, now I stick to this ugly Genesis I am doing good though. I just used the same tuning of Nurburgring two weeks ago. Unfortunately I just copy paste some youtubers since I have no clue of tuning

Is it just me or do people have more problems with the Red Bull Ring?
The Mazda is the only Gr.4 car where I can't find a good setup that I like. I tried a lot and I feel like 5/60/5 understeers even more out of the corners. Is there something that makes it more driveable?
I have not tried this but this is DigitGaming’s tune.

Suspension
  • Body Height Adjustment: 110 / 110
  • Anti-roll Bar: 7 / 8
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 20 / 35
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 50 / 50
  • Natural Frequency: 2.50 / 2.50
  • Negative Camber Angle: 3.5 / 3.5
  • Toe Angle: 0.10 out / 0.20 in
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 5 / 0
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 25 / 0
  • Braking Sensitivity: 20 / 0
Generally I use 10/30/10 with the Mazda. For the Deep Forest race where I was incredibly fast (for me) I used:

Brake Bias: +3
Suspension
  • Body Height Adjustment: 110 / 110
  • Anti-roll Bar: 5 / 5
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 25 / 30
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 40 / 35
  • Natural Frequency: 2.50 / 2.70
  • Negative Camber Angle: 3.5 / 3.5
  • Toe Angle: 0.10 out / 0.20 in
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 10 / 0
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 30 / 0
  • Braking Sensitivity: 10 / 0

Last edited:
Welcome @Interemptor. 👍
Unfortunately this is an issue with how the ‘Balance’ of Performance is calculated, to ensure fair/close racing between different vehicles in the same category. Sadly the BoP applied to the Mazda 3 Gr4 is flawed. Everyone knows this, with the exception of Polyphony Digital, it seems. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. 🙏🙏🙏
In the meantime, the best thing you can do is race hard in your preferred car of choice, and feel extra pleased if/when you finish ahead of a Mazda. 😁
Ok thats good to know :D

Hopefully they will fix it in the future.

Sadly the BoP applied to the Mazda 3 Gr4 is flawed. Everyone knows this, with the exception of Polyphony Digital, it seems.
Not... really, no. The issue is with Gr.4 BOP generally and the tracks selected for the races, not necessarily with the Mazda 3 specifically even if the outcome makes it look that way.

Nobody's entirely sure how PD calculates BOP - it could be generated either from a single test circuit or an aggregate of several (maybe even all), and it could be a selection of human drivers or AI bots that lap the courses - but the result is a single set of power/weight figures for all tracks and it ought to be readily apparent that this will favour certain cars at certain tracks.

If those tracks are selected for scheduled multiplayer races more often, those certain cars will be at the top of the timing sheets more often too, and it just so happens that the Mazda 3 is the best choice at tracks with the characteristics we see most often in Daily Races (those that wouldn't look out of place hosting GT3 events).

Get some tight, twisty courses where the FWD is an issue, or longer straights where power cars can stretch their legs, and you'll see other cars ranking better.

Of course it could also be the case that the new car from the series sponsor is deliberately favoured, but then it's immaterial to the GT World Series as the GT1 players who qualify the brands for the events never drive the Gr.4 cars, so that doesn't make a lot of sense...

As BOP doesn't appear to take tyre wear into account, the Mazda 3 is front-wheel drive and naturally worse with tyre wear, and GTWS races see higher tyre wear, it wouldn't be a great choice for the flagship series in any case.

Nice finish and setup for the run to the finish!
That’s my 1 overtake spot and even took AMG and GTR that missed the launch through that final turn. It’s a must to hit for a solid lap time.

Glad to see that you had some fun racing yesterday as well. That guy on pole was on pole in all of my races on Monday evening too. He was running the m6 on Monday but not sure if he stuck with it or changed it up.

🍻

Not... really, no. The issue is with Gr.4 BOP generally and the tracks selected for the races, not necessarily with the Mazda 3 specifically even if the outcome makes it look that way.

Nobody's entirely sure how PD calculates BOP - it could be generated either from a single test circuit or an aggregate of several (maybe even all), and it could be a selection of human drivers or AI bots that lap the courses - but the result is a single set of power/weight figures for all tracks and it ought to be readily apparent that this will favour certain cars at certain tracks.

If those tracks are selected for scheduled multiplayer races more often, those certain cars will be at the top of the timing sheets more often too, and it just so happens that the Mazda 3 is the best choice at tracks with the characteristics we see most often in Daily Races (those that wouldn't look out of place hosting GT3 events).

Get some tight, twisty courses where the FWD is an issue, or longer straights where power cars can stretch their legs, and you'll see other cars ranking better.

Of course it could also be the case that the new car from the series sponsor is deliberately favoured, but then it's immaterial to the GT World Series as the GT1 players who qualify the brands for the events never drive the Gr.4 cars, so that doesn't make a lot of sense...

As BOP doesn't appear to take tyre wear into account, the Mazda 3 is front-wheel drive and naturally worse with tyre wear, and GTWS races see higher tyre wear, it wouldn't be a great choice for the flagship series in any case.
You are quite right, certain courses will suit certain cars better, as you would expect. However, if the BoP was as equalising as it should be, to provide balance, almost every track should have a different car that is best suited under BoP regulations. The fact that the Mazda is at or near the top for so many tracks on the Daily Race rotation, would indicate that it's deviation from standard is outside the curve and requires modification, if the purpose of BoP is to achieve an even playing field.

Last edited:
That guy on pole was on pole in all of my races on Monday evening too. He was running the m6 on Monday but not sure if he stuck with it or changed it up.
He was running the GT-R.

I must say I've warmed on the GT_R now myself. I love the AMG but it can be a bit savage at times and my hour or so tuning the GT-R has got it to a nice point to stability and speed. It is certainly more drivable than the AMG. I can run the GT-R with no aids, apart from ABS weak, but my fastest time is still with TCS1 so that is what I run.

My two accounts have definitely seen different trends. At this rate they will cross at the DR B/A boundary..

The Normsk
1708526587721.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.46.23 AM.png

TheNormsk Abroad

1708526531748.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.45.54 AM.png

I'm beginning to think I enjoy running around in DR B more. It's good for my ego! :D

Perhaps I'll try Godzilla on the main account tonight and see how it fairs against the tougher DR A crowd.

Last edited:
I need to pull a Godzilla myself and grab some wins for once, I'm getting impatient some, I know it will take time for my driving skills to go up gradually but durn...

@TheNormsk should I try the GT-R? The tune for the AMG '20 car did not work so I sold my car so I could buy another brand.

Last edited:
However, if the BoP was as equalising as it should be, to provide balance, almost every track should have a different car that is best suited under BoP regulations. The fact that the Mazda is at or near the top for so many tracks on the Daily Race rotation, would indicate that it's deviation from standard is outside the curve and requires modification, if the purpose of BoP is to achieve an even playing field.
Again, not really, no. PD's BOP just provides a single set of figures for all cars, and if the race selections are at broadly similar tracks - which they usually are - the same few cars will pop up as being the strongest regularly.

We've seen it before, repeatedly, with different cars. The Mazda 3 is just the latest one to benefit from a set of figures which make it strong at GTWC-type tracks.

It's easy to see how they get there too. About a quarter of the tracks in the game (excluding ovals which have their own BOP, and dirt tracks) are tracks the FWD cars are hopeless at, and they're all short ones (the tiny Maggiore ones - which make up 60% of Maggiore and therefore 15% of the tracks - four out of five at Willow, half of Alsace) which make for significantly larger percentage differences. That would result in them lagging behind the average for all tracks in the game, and given a bit more power and less weight to make up the difference.

Since the Gr.4 races don't often take place at Alsace Village, or Lago Maggiore West End Reverse, the fact the Mazda 3 sucks there isn't relevant, so the power hike/weight loss just makes it stronger at the tracks the Gr.4 races do take place at, like Red Bull Ring.

I've been saying, since 2017, that they need per-track BOP at a minimum. Per-race - including tyre wear and fuel consumption - would be ideal, and with Sophy now available to run thousands of these races in the blink of an eye that surely can't be that hard.

I need to pull a Godzilla myself and grab some wins for once, I'm getting impatient some, I know it will take time for my driving skills to go up gradually but durn...

@TheNormsk should I try the GT-R? The tune for the AMG '20 car did not work so I sold my car so I could buy another brand.
The key thing is to getting on a car that works with your driving style. The AMG can be a bit unforgiving; for example, it is one of the few cars I drive with counter-steer on and it can suffer from snap oversteer. The GT-R I've usually considered to be an advanced car as well. In most cases for the beginner I would recommend the 911RSR. That car does well well at Lago Maggiore as well. The one consideration is that it can get easily out of wack at the hairpin (turn 11). You need to be careful at that spot.

I know this has been said before, but I would not worry too much about tunes right now, but focus on your lines, braking points and turn in points. Also the smooth application of braking and accelerator. Certainly give the GT-R a go, but do not overlook the 911. That may be a better car for you - It is certainly not weak - I've been beaten by a few 911s in these races.

Ok, I'll stick with what I used initially, the Porsche RSR. It does handle corners well, I just need to step up on my braking lines and speed on the track.

How do the 911RSR, Ferrari , and McLaren compare to one another at a basic level? I drove the Ferrari two Manu seasons ago, the McLaren in the last one, and the 911 at Suzuka last week. I felt most comfortable in the McLaren but am not sure if I'm limiting myself in driving that car primarily. I definitely felt faster and more confident in the McLaren than the Ferrari, the tire wear seemed better too.

I feel slower in general than the AMGs and M6s on straights, but not skilled enough yet to take advantage in the corners. If I use the AMG and M6, I feel way less confident in turns and lose even more time so I feel like I should get really good in the cars i'm comfortable in first.

I did some qualifying laps for Race A, but despite getting a time that was in the top 1k (at least, last time I checked), I haven't tried actually racing yet. I did, however, notice that when the HUD suggests downshifting to 2nd gear, I've shaved a lot of time off by keeping it in 3rd.

Latest Posts

Back