GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,668 comments
Didn’t think I’d get much this week, but managed to pull my QT down to 1.33.0xx but BS lobbies have some low 1.32s starting in the top places normally and I just can’t trust the grip on RH to push much harder, but a few tangles ahead of me and boom, win number 187 😘

Attachments

• IMG_3519.jpeg
    IMG_3519.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3518.jpeg
    IMG_3518.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 3
Well then definitely don't try this race. The first turn starts you spinning if you more than just barely touch the brakes.
I gave daily B a try with the safest option (911) and it felt almost like racing in Lake Louis.
No thanks
Next week:

View attachment 1368333

Race C's settings match those announced for the Sprint Race at the GTWS event, so it'll be one of those where there's 12 or so pre-tuned cars you can pick from like we had at Trial Mountain last year and is likely 7 laps.
Daily C sounds interesting if thats the case.

You said it right on the spot! I wish those sausage curbs didn't exist. They cause wrecks for those who don't pay attention to them. They are a danger on the track. Plus I slow down even more because I'm afraid that if I hit one of them my car will do a wheelie or it will upset the balance of the car I drive.

Last edited:
The Audis have shockingly good tire wear and grip compared to the other FFs.

edit: I've yet to see a Suzuki. I've heard those are decent?

Last edited:
I just cut more than 4 tenths off my QT, which gives me this:

1719585215084.png

Regardless of whether this week's participation is low or not, for me to be in the top 800 (or do we call that the top 900?) on a Friday is redonculous.

Well it's maybe not too bad - I do have to keep it on TC1.
Yes, although I actually used TCS 2 for my latest time. I was trying an experiment - not about TCS but about a couple of corners, and I didn't want to have to worry about spinning out. Now I'm not sure to keep it at TCS 2 or not - it may have just been an alien run.

DTG would be so much better without those sausages - I know it's a skill to avoid them, but they cause so much knock-on carnage.
I'm afraid that if I hit one of them my car will do a wheelie or it will upset the balance of the car I drive.
I have found that the 911 handles the loss of balance better than, say, the RCZ.

With that said, the key to the first two sausages is to try and go right over them, with the sausage right between your left and right tires. If you do it right, they actually help with the turn - especially the second one. But even if you miss, you don't get bounced as much because you're already moving away from them.

Here's a really short video from my Q lap:

And here's some pics.

Here's the first sausage, which I almost missed:

1719587194979.png

... but the sausage helped me:

1719587213544.png

Here's the second sausage, which I hit spot-on:

1719587285924.png

Well, maybe not 100% perfect:

1719587359812.png

... but pretty darn good

1719587416140.png

The Audis have shockingly good tire wear and grip compared to the other FFs.

edit: I've yet to see a Suzuki. I've heard those are decent?
I was on my alt account, high B, because I am not really a gr.4 racer, but I had a great battle this morning with a suzuki. I was driving the NSX (really capable in high B lobbies) and we traded position multilple times throughout the race for P2,3. I knew we were going to have a good battle when he didn't go for a dive on turn 1 early in the race like I was expecting. Race on! Good clean fun, it's why we do this!

Regardless of whether this week's participation is low or not, for me to be in the top 800 (or do we call that the top 900?) on a Friday is redonculous.
Round down ;)

I don't know why this week just across the board is low on numbers for B and C my guess is that the Toyota cup is on Sunday so people are practicing or preserving DR

The combos are a bit polarising as well I think. I haven't done a single B this week and that's usually my bread and butter. And again next week I'll be in the road cars on C.

But regardless of all of that getting a top 1000 time any time of the week is amazing work and super awesome progress mate!!!

Edit: the Friday night crowd are out...oh joy

Last edited:
Race on! Good clean fun, it's why we do this!
Wish I knew what that meant. Seemingly your prize for doing well as DR: D SR:S is to be put in lobbies with dirty C rates who have SR: C, D& E.

They couldn't race clean if their lives depended on it & the way they drive you would think it does. Dude if 13th means so much you could have driven past me on the straight but no punt into barrier on last corner.

It makes dailies extremely frustrating. Do well get punished sigh.

Wish I knew what that meant. Seemingly your prize for doing well as DR: D SR:S is to be put in lobbies with dirty C rates who have SR: C, D& E.

They couldn't race clean if their lives depended on it & the way they drive you would think it does. Dude if 13th means so much you could have driven past me on the straight but no punt into barrier on last corner.

yeah, understood. But I think most of those drivers won't last and certainly wont progress very far. I'll bet it wont be long before you move beyond those lobbies.

I agree it sucks that PD puts higher ranking DR drivers but with low SR into lower ranked DR lobbies with high SR. The bad behavior of the lower SR drags down the aspiring lower DR.

A lot of those folks are the casual Friday night/weekend crowd who often don't really know what they are doing and their only experience of racing is crashing past the woeful AI drivers in single player.

Driving the in the lower lobbies is a completely different mindset to higher lobbies. You have to consider every car around you and assume they are driven by a rabid squirrel or bunny that does not know what it's doing 80% of the time. Still, learning how to defend, or more importantly, avoid such behavior is a good skill for building racecraft for later lobbies when the behavior is more strategic and calculated rather than random.

Last edited:
Today, I created my first alternate account, designated 'American', for participating in GR3 races. My primary account will now be exclusively used for GR4 races and limited to tracks I am proficient in, such as Kyoto, Grand Valley, Deep Forest, and similar circuits.

Starting at E was incredibly enjoyable, doing 1-2 QT rather than 30, selecting cars that I personally like instead of the typical meta, and yet still beginning quite high up on the grid. Moreover, it was refreshing not to feel a surge of panic at every corner from a slight slide, an overtake, or a touch of grass, but simply to drive and relish the experience.

Driving the in the lower lobbies is a completely different mindset to higher lobbies. You have to consider every car around you and assume they are driven by a rabid squirrel or bunny that does not know what it's doing 80% of the time. Still, learning how to defend, or more importantly, avoid such behavior is a good skill for building racecraft for later lobbies when the behavior is more strategic and calculated rather than random.
Fully agree.

Last edited:
Not enjoying the dailies tonight. Little bit feeling it from the horse racing and booze yesterday and a little bit the weekend warriors have come out.

Might just call it now and chill.

With regard to coming through the ranks @TheNormsk is absolutely right but you will blitz through them so in all honesty other than some avoidance techniques you get out of those lobbies really quickly especially if your lobbies are high (relative to the DR for the lobby) you progress quickly.

Seemingly your prize for doing well...
Get used to not being rewarded by the game for your achievements. I spent plenty of time at the top of B, getting to start in the top 1-3 positions and loving it, only to advance to A and be put in the bottom positions of an A lobby! Didn't feel like a reward, that's for sure. But it still feels good to do well even when there's a penalty for it! 😂

Not enjoying the dailies tonight. Little bit feeling it from the horse racing and booze yesterday and a little bit the weekend warriors have come out.

Might just call it now and chill.

With regard to coming through the ranks @TheNormsk is absolutely right but you will blitz through them so in all honesty other than some avoidance techniques you get out of those lobbies really quickly especially if your lobbies are high (relative to the DR for the lobby) you progress quickly.
I've just experienced the two opposite ends of the friday night crowd, honestly. On my practice account, which is now approaching middle DR B (too quickly), I first had a race with dozens of contacts, and the worst driver type of them all: the one who can't accept being overtaken (cleanly) and seeks revenge in the next turn. My goodness. Fun fact: everybody (yes: EVERYBODY) gained SR. What the...?

Then, after a one hour dinner brake, in the next race I put in a mediocre QT and started from P5. And one of the most fun races I ever had evolved. Every driver around me fought, but totally clean. Not one single incident. All overtakes were clean. When an attempt was too bold, or well defended, they pulled out of it. Two wide approaching the esses, the other driver who was five inches behind lifted and queued (spelling?) in behind me. In lap 9 I caught up the leader, pressured him, made two or three attempts, but he defended well. Maybe I could have gotten the win, but the risk was to ruin both our races. P3 caught up and tried the same on me, but also didn't anything stupid or reckless. So I ended up in P2. I had a blast.

Every driver in that picture must have gotten CRB:

IMG_4471.jpeg

That's how daily races should be. Sigh...🥹

Get used to not being rewarded by the game for your achievements. I spent plenty of time at the top of B, getting to start in the top 1-3 positions and loving it, only to advance to A and be put in the bottom positions of an A lobby! Didn't feel like a reward, that's for sure. But it still feels good to do well even when there's a penalty for it! 😂
That's slightly wrong Grumpy, you are fast for the level and when you level up you need to be faster. Clearly they can in front be faster.

So being rewarded for being fast relative to opponents is one thing but if you wanna step up you gotta go quicker mate

Some people doesnt do it for that 13th place, they just enjoy wrecking others.
The only thing that you can do to avoid those poor souls is to progress to higher lobbies where the amount of those imbeciles decrease in great amount.

When you can recongize the names of almost a full lobby (after sharing lots of races at the same days/times) and you can trust each other, the experience is awesome no matter in what position you finish.

Some times I find myself clean battling in top lobbies for not entering in last place and I can swear I enjoy it almost as if I were battling for podium.

Update: My mom is going to the ER Sunday night so I will have to curb my sport mode time on gt7. I'm not enjoying Kyoto anyway. There's too many turns and curbs where I have to keep my rhythm up, and most of the time I lose my groove somewhere on the track. So I am not looking forward to tackling Maggiore again next week, so...I will be adjusting my gaming time next week. Idk when she's coming back, a neighbor is going to stay with me until my mom returns home.

Slightly improved my NSX's QT, with a 1:41.311 for Race C. Same pit strat every race: New tires at the end of Lap 6.

Race 1: Started P5. Inexplicably struggled for pace in sectors where I'm normally decent. A Viper and Huracan caught up to me in the later stages of the race, and pulled off some nice overtakes. Not very satisfied with my P7.

Race 2: Started P2. Struggled to keep up with a rapid lead Cayman. We were both undercut by an even more rapid Italia that started the race near the back (P13) and eventually won. Had a brown pants moment at the top of the esses, where I got it a touch wrong and nearly took out that Italia before their stop. Thankfully, the worst thing that happened was me getting a 0.5 second penalty. Fairly happy with my P3 podium.

Race 3: Started P1. Had a decent gap when I came in for tires. Came out of the pits behind a quick McLaren that I thought was a tire whisperer, but they wound up stopping at the end of Lap 9. I was worried for a few laps, thinking I was screwed! They had us in the first half, not gonna lie! Missed the hat trick by a couple tenths, but pretty stoked with my P1 finish.

full

Race 4: Started P4. Two of the lead cars took each other out at the first chicane on the second lap. I spent the rest of the race having some nice skirmishes for a potential win with an Audi and Aston, eventually losing out to the latter when the checkered flag dropped. More than pleased with a P2 podium after that fun race.

full

Race 5: Started P3. Fairly sloppy driving going on around me, especially though the first chicane, dropping me a few places. A G70 unghosts after serving their penalty at the end of Lap 2 and hip checks me into the wall. Not very happy with my P5.

Race 6: Started P6. Exhausting final race of the day. Got mugged in the beginning stages, but managed to fight my way up to a P5 finish.

Last edited:
I think this also has to do with the very big jump in QT's the A drivers have over the B drivers. Here is my table updated just now for this week. If your anything lower than 2,499% from the fastest driver in B you are still among the top 26% between your peers. But should you progress with that time to A you will drop to the bottom 65%. The gap is huge...

Driver rating
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
3,499%​
3,999%​
S
67%​
17%​
17%​
0%​
0%​
0%​
0%​
A+
17%​
30%​
27%​
16%​
7%​
3%​
1%​
A
1%​
9%​
25%​
30%​
21%​
10%​
4%​
B
0%​
1%​
6%​
19%​
34%​
24%​
16%​
C
0%​
1%​
2%​
6%​
27%​
32%​
33%​
D
0%​
0%​
3%​
4%​
20%​
28%​
46%​
E
2%​
9%​
9%​
25%​
27%​
16%​
11%​
Total among al drivers
2%​
6%​
13%​
20%​
26%​
19%​
14%​

For reference the cut off points now are (Serano (of course) having the best time):

Best time​
01:38,683​
0,999%​
01:39,669​
1,499%​
01:40,162​
1,999%​
01:40,656​
2,499%​
01:41,149​
2,999%​
01:41,643​
3,499%​
01:42,136​
3,999%​
01:42,629​

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'm not sure I understand the top row of your table (the column headers). What does "0,999%" mean? "1,499%"? Percent of what?
From the top time. I added the times for reference as well. Rather than measuring seconds I measure percentages to get an idea of how well I'm doing from race to race. That way it's easier to read for me at a glance.

Back