GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,671 comments
Pole position, lead lap the entire race, stayed on the track and didn't hit the chicane wall but still no CRB?
Screenshot at 2024-06-28 14-07-10.png

There it is...
Screenshot at 2024-06-28 17-52-05.png

Last edited:
I think this also has to do with the very big jump in QT's the A drivers have over the B drivers. Here is my table updated just now for this week. If your anything lower than 2,499% from the fastest driver in B you are still among the top 26% between your peers. But should you progress with that time to A you will drop to the bottom 65%. The gap is huge...

Driver rating
0,999%​
1,499%​
1,999%​
2,499%​
2,999%​
3,499%​
3,999%​
S
67%​
17%​
17%​
0%​
0%​
0%​
0%​
A+
17%​
30%​
27%​
16%​
7%​
3%​
1%​
A
1%​
9%​
25%​
30%​
21%​
10%​
4%​
B
0%​
1%​
6%​
19%​
34%​
24%​
16%​
C
0%​
1%​
2%​
6%​
27%​
32%​
33%​
D
0%​
0%​
3%​
4%​
20%​
28%​
46%​
E
2%​
9%​
9%​
25%​
27%​
16%​
11%​
Total among al drivers
2%​
6%​
13%​
20%​
26%​
19%​
14%​

For reference the cut off points now are (Serano (of course) having the best time):

Best time​
01:38,683​
0,999%​
01:39,669​
1,499%​
01:40,162​
1,999%​
01:40,656​
2,499%​
01:41,149​
2,999%​
01:41,643​
3,499%​
01:42,136​
3,999%​
01:42,629​
How do you get this data?

Hope it will be a Clio Cup:mischievous:

I have to be honest though, I wouldn't mind the legendary V6 of course (which I think everyone was expecting me to think of), but in this particular case I was thinking the current Clio. I just adore that model. In fact I bought one after driving it in GT Sport. Just love the curves, brilliant.

Last edited:
Oh my they exist you can have clean fun races in GT7.

I must admit I was feeling more than a bit fed up after yesterday's mauling.

The 2nd place was nice but even without that it would have been a good one. Having this one good race this morning goes a long way to making me want to continue to race in the hope I see more of these

View attachment 1368558

Well if it’s any consolation I had some great racing this morning with a few guys, super clean all race, got past this one chap into 5th only for him to punt me last corner to take it back, sometimes you just have to laugh at the sheer donut’ness of it all 🤣

Been struggling this week with Race C, I really like the track but I just couldn't find any pace at all no matter what car I tried. Had a feeling my wheel was the problem (Thrustmaster T248 and T3ps pedals). Anyway I did some research and discovered that you have to update the software 🙈🙈🙈🙈 shows how little I know 🤣. Anyway, after much messing around on the laptop I got it up to the latest version and it's like night and day. Immediately I improved my qualification time by 3/4 of a second. Far better to use now so I'm going to change the brake pedal spring for the harder 1 and see how that goes. Bit disappointed with some of the driving standards though, I have ended up quitting 4 or 5 races so far and it's really hurt my DR. Was so close to B and now I am back to mid C again 😪😪

I drove the BMW Z4 GT3 ‘11 for quite a few races in B but just couldn’t get a good result, it was pretty hard to drive but, when I finally moved back to the meta 911 RSR, my technique had improved.
Racing around noon yesterday though was pretty bad, on days like that, I think time may be better spent by just improving your QT. I was top 5 in three races through 3-4 laps and was clipped every time, I ended up basically running by myself in P14-15 anyway.
The main issue is I need to be faster to stay out of harms way.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get my SR back up to 100% S. In this last race, some idiot (who I happen to know is a good racer, so not really an idiot) slammed on his brakes at a really bad time for me. He wasn't brake checking me, but I didn't have time to react, and it cost me a 2 second penalty, and -35 SR %. I'm still in SR S, but dang it! Not my fault!!

At least I finished 4th, and gained 4 DR percentage points, so I'm back up to DR A 42%, the highest I've been for about 2 1/2 weeks.

What a weird week this has been. It seems like we are all having to force ourselves to race (pick your poison B/C)

The racing is largely good/ok but just not the same sort of fun as some other weeks. I don't know what it is, possibly the combos. Just a strange week.

Well I haven't done anymore races since Tuesday night, I just don't feel like it's been a fun week either. Kyoto is a long boring track to race at. It's like PD keeps choosing the same combos for tracks/cars and the usual BoP regulations we have to follow.

Last edited:
What a weird week this has been. It seems like we are all having to force ourselves to race (pick your poison B/C)

The racing is largely good/ok but just not the same sort of fun as some other weeks. I don't know what it is, possibly the combos. Just a strange week.
Actually, I've done a lot of races C this week and encountered the whole range of possible experiences. Super fun clean races as opposed to genuine clownshows with some truly unhinged drivers.

One lesson I've learned: the game has shown me exactly where my ceiling is. It happened like this several times. If I start on my main account, right around 50% DR A, I usually get stuck into a lobby with some A+ drivers and some very quick and aggressive A drivers, where I get overwhelmed and end up with bad results. In the next races though, only A/S drivers, slower, and I can keep up with it and end up between P4 and P6. Which gains me a bit, and the cycle starts again.

And race A was some good fun. Sadly no DR to be gained there. I would have abused it...🤣

I didn't know where to put my question:

Anyone knows when throughout the year PS+ is normally discounted? I know about Black Friday of course but somewhere i read that these things generally happen twice or thrice a year.

I like Kyoto and only rode there this week. My QT wasn't that good and I didn't really manage to improve. The races were mostly clean though. In the race where I had a chance of a podium finish, I made a mistake and ended up on the grass. Otherwise I got the clean bonus in every race. DR went down a bit and SR is 100% S.
Let's see how it goes next week.

Got there in the end 🤣🤣 was not expecting a 6.5 second gap but I'm happy anyway. Hopefully a few more like that will help repair the major damage race C has done to my DR, I was nearly in B on Monday and now I'm D 🙈🙈

Attachments

• 20240630_125707.jpg
    20240630_125707.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240630_125808.jpg
    20240630_125808.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's a shame Kyoto hasn't been treating everyone well.

Y'all made me curious about my own progress. Started the week with a B/S rating. I've done eighteen Race Cs. Finished P10 or better fifteen times, with five podiums (three P3s, two P2s, and one P1*).

It's been a fairly fruitful hunting ground for DR. Might try some more after the Austrian GP. With my luck, I'll probably get murdered multiple times.

*Weird...

l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS.webp

edit: Oh, all in the NSX Gr.4. She's like comfort food.

Last edited:
Actually, I've done a lot of races C this week and encountered the whole range of possible experiences. Super fun clean races as opposed to genuine clownshows with some truly unhinged drivers.

One lesson I've learned: the game has shown me exactly where my ceiling is. It happened like this several times. If I start on my main account, right around 50% DR A, I usually get stuck into a lobby with some A+ drivers and some very quick and aggressive A drivers, where I get overwhelmed and end up with bad results. In the next races though, only A/S drivers, slower, and I can keep up with it and end up between P4 and P6. Which gains me a bit, and the cycle starts again.

And race A was some good fun. Sadly no DR to be gained there. I would have abused it...🤣
Again, GT reminds me of poker, aggressive vs passive.

I race with a lot of very aggresive drivers making ill-advised passes which usually result in pure mayhem, especially at the start of a race but also late in races. It’s infuriating to race a good clean race and get wrecked by morons.

However, if you analyze their results, their risk of a successful pass or charge to the front may have a very low success rate with a likely chance of collateral damage but their reward may make it worth it (to them) with more than occasional wins, eliminating opponents also increases their odds.

I say this based on seeing guys come through a pack like a bowling ball and quite often seeing them finish half a dozen spots above me.

Not my style of racing or poker but, until there is a change in the penalty system, the math may support it.

Last edited:
Again, GT reminds me of poker, aggressive vs passive.

I race with a lot of very aggresive drivers making ill-advised passes which usually result in pure mayhem, especially at the start of a race but also late in races. It’s infuriating to race a good clean race and get wrecked by morons.

However, if you analyze their results, their risk of a successful pass or charge to the front may have a very low success rate with a likely chance of collateral damage but their reward may make it worth it (to them) with more than occasional wins, eliminating opponents also increases their odds.

I say this based on seeing guys come through a pack like a bowling ball and quite often seeing them finish half a dozen spots above me.

Not my style but, until there is a change in the penalty system, the math may support it.
Not being funny but if you watch several of the videos I've posted recently by and large I don't have the same experience a lot of you have. I don't know why that is in both B/A lobbies and also on my US account....

Yes there are sweaty barge fest lobbies but that's the motivation to QT better and run away. There are people you just can't out race... ;)

Back