GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,771 comments
Again, GT reminds me of poker, aggressive vs passive.

I race with a lot of very aggresive drivers making ill-advised passes which usually result in pure mayhem, especially at the start of a race but also late in races. It’s infuriating to race a good clean race and get wrecked by morons.

However, if you analyze their results, their risk of a successful pass or charge to the front may have a very low success rate with a likely chance of collateral damage but their reward may make it worth it (to them) with more than occasional wins, eliminating opponents also increases their odds.

I say this based on seeing guys come through a pack like a bowling ball and quite often seeing them finish half a dozen spots above me.

Not my style of racing or poker but, until there is a change in the penalty system, the math may support it.
Oh, it’s definitely the meta. If your fast enough it can be overcome. However, if not..its pretty much either suck and deal, or drop the gloves and go.

@newmedia_dev thats because your rapid homie 😎

Last edited:
PD definitely has issues with their penalty system, as we all know. This time, it's from the other side of the incident.

This 9 second video clip shows what I did to some poor guy, and not only didn't I get a penalty, I ended up with a CRB?!

Go figure...
What a weird week this has been. It seems like we are all having to force ourselves to race (pick your poison B/C)

The racing is largely good/ok but just not the same sort of fun as some other weeks. I don't know what it is, possibly the combos. Just a strange week.
I've done 14 races this week, which is the most I've done for the last 3-4 weeks. And I'm really enjoying them, in spite of the fact that in the last 2 races, I spun out after the opening esses by putting tires in the grass. Silly me. Still, it's been fun.

PD definitely has issues with their penalty system, as we all know. This time, it's from the other side of the incident.

This 9 second video clip shows what I did to some poor guy, and not only didn't I get a penalty, I ended up with a CRB?!

Go figure...

I've done 14 races this week, which is the most I've done for the last 3-4 weeks. And I'm really enjoying them, in spite of the fact that in the last 2 races, I spun out after the opening esses by putting tires in the grass. Silly me. Still, it's been fun.

But isn’t that when the penalty system works? He was losing it anyway and you don’t get penalised too.

I have to say race b has been tough this week, waiting for someone to fail to make places, gr 4 maggiore will be a good racing circuit, hopefully a bit more open

I've enjoyed Yamagiwa when I've done the races this week! Decided to do Beat the Meta and I haven't posted that here for awhile, but I take a non meta car and try and win with it!

Thank you sooo much for picking up the Swift @Tidgney . I just new you could do something with it. You out did yourself and seems to me you had a very good time making the vid and doing the races. For a moment there you actually built up the suspense, that it might not be in the cards for the Swift to steal first place. Nice way building the tension up. Of course I was super excited when you actually won.

Cheers,

Seth

Last edited:
After what feels like forever, I finally worked back to SR S!

1719775403084.png

But isn’t that when the penalty system works? He was losing it anyway and you don’t get penalised too.
I suppose you're right, now that I think about it. But during the race, when I saw him start to lose it, my only thought was "I've got nowhere else to go, so FULL RAMMING SPEED!". :lol:

Very new to the Daily Races here. Its given me a reason to put the GT Disc back in the PS5.

Really enjoying the challenge that it presents and have had some great races. I do the driving, my 9yo designs the liveries for the car. Finding it tough not to overdrive the car in qualifying and have regularly done 1s better in the race than in qualifying.

Had one race whereby after the first lap carnage I was in second for most of the race, leader lost it a little in the last corner, I overtook them, then they straight punted me from the track. Pretty annoying. Then followed it up with a battle for 3rd and 4th with a 911 driver, we must have swapped positions a dozen times, no contact, within 5 seconds of the lead drivers also. So good.

Looking forward to getting better, and buying a wheel in the near future no doubt.

Hey @Tidgney ,

Dunno if you noticed, the car in front of you for large parts of Race 1 was driven by someone called "BTM_M"

Maybe they were subtly reminding you why you were meant to be doing that afternoon?

I've enjoyed Yamagiwa when I've done the races this week! Decided to do Beat the Meta and I haven't posted that here for awhile, but I take a non meta car and try and win with it!

Go figure...

You could just use the brake pedal?

Well that was an eventful Sunday! I guess I used up any luck I had on Friday? 😅

I dropped my NSX's Race C QT down from a 1:41.311 to a 1:41.266, and did ten races.

My best start was one P4 (worst was one P14). My best finish was one P5 (worst was four P12s). I finished P10 or better five times. I finished equal to or better than I started three times (P14 to P10, P12 to P12, and P10 to P9).

Not being aggressive with slower traffic left me too open for overtakes and got me murdered. Leaving space to race side-by-side on a straight or through a corner got me murdered. Braking for traffic in a chicane or a hairpin got me murdered. If I wasn't making my own mistakes, I was getting murdered. 😤

There are no highlights. It was all bad. 😅

full

Honestly that's why I would never use a wheel, my foot is swollen up and it might get stuck and numb when I step on the pedals. Well I didn't do a whole lot of racing this week. I hope this coming week will be better as in the track and car combos.

Oh no, the B races will be at the dreaded Maggiore Full course.

Well, Yamagiwa was fun (as usual), but I couldn't help but feel like I was driving with a parachute attached to my car. I started on pole in every single one of my races except 1, but only got 2 wins. I could never hold the TTs off for more than a lap, and their ability to attack the chicane combined with better top speed meant I was a sitting duck. It did make for some epic squabbles though - I just had a 4-way fight for the win turn into a 3-way fight for 2nd after the leader in a TT (who started 4th!) broke away from the pack. 2nd was a battle between my Corvette, a McLaren, and another TT. The TT had pitted from the lead on Lap 4 and his tires were dying at the end as a result of pitting a lap earlier, so me and the McLaren were able to take advantage, and the McLaren finished 2nd with me in 3rd (again after starting from pole).

Not being funny but if you watch several of the videos I've posted recently by and large I don't have the same experience a lot of you have. I don't know why that is in both B/A lobbies and also on my US account....

Yes there are sweaty barge fest lobbies but that's the motivation to QT better and run away. There are people you just can't out race... ;)
My experience is in low B, C & D lobbies, not all of them are bad, I find it’s more of a time of day thing. I’ve also had great races in all of those levels.
Im guessing that, as drivers become good and don’t need to resort to antics, the mania tends to reduce drastically… I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s motivation for me to improve. Also, malicious drivers are not what are holding me back, being slow is holding me back, I’m working on that, mainly by watching all of the videos posted by better drivers.
It’s a slow process.

I'm an early bird too, so let the fun roll in. I think this will be a better week other than Maggiore. I'm glad Sardegna is back for a little bit. Actually my favorite layout is the A one. But this will do for now.

Last edited:
Had some fun last week despite the rough start & did manage to claw my way into DR: C so must have been doing something right.

Done a few of the new daily C this morning & had a bit of early success in the Ford GT. Seem to suit my driving style of slow in & fast out while revving the nuts off it.
1906d82ce2b43-screenshotUrl.jpg

Had to stop so I can pretend to be a responsible adult but will probably give it another go this evening & see if this was just a fluke.

Last edited:
Yes, the rewards in the Watkins Glen event are increased by 600% Dang, count me in.

Why can't you do that more often PD? It would attract more fans as they get more for what they usually earn.

Atm I'm rank 268 at Sardegna with a whopping time of 1'37.287.

Race C and its only 15 minutes and no pit ffs... needs to be 11 laps with pit.

Yes, the rewards in the Watkins Glen event are increased by 600% Dang, count me in.

Why can't you do that more often PD? It would attract more fans as they get more for what they usually earn.

Atm I'm rank 268 at Sardegna with a whopping time of 1'37.287.
This weeks race C at the Glen is a joke... 7 laps (14 to 15 minutes) and no pits. It needs to be 11 laps and pits!

This weeks race C at the Glen is a joke... 7 laps (14 to 15 minutes) and no pits. It needs to be 11 laps and pits!
Race C is 14 minutes in a 30 minute window lol they have the skeleton staff on this game
It's the length it is because that's the length of the real thing.

1719831322406.png

Be happy: usually the public event is shorter than the real thing.

Yeah, 7 laps is nothing and how much of an extra bonus is being added to what we usually earn in a C race?

My PB is 2'00.748 atm. I like the RX vision. I'm avoiding nasty Maggiore as much as possible this week.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back