GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,810 comments
This sounds like me. Slow and steady doesn't lead to great QT. We need some proper endurance races to even the odds a bit, not all these dumb sprints.
Ya, for sure. I do the short B races when my schedule is tight but generally I gravitate to the longer C races. I usually let everyone charge past me, let them crash out and then I look for a top 5. As bad as the crash-fests are, I think you actually learn some skills from them.

@Fezzik you would think being slow and cautious in the shorter races would help us win, but it depends on the skill level of each player. I'm surprised that my SR has stayed at an S rank for most of the time. Because I'll make a habit of accidentally running into someone by not paying attention or driving too fast.

I think Watkins Glen is really, really fun in these tuned cars, but there's something about the circuit which irks me every time it's used in Daily Races (not least because it's not my strongest track)...

Turn 1 obviously invites some danger, and I'd rather tuck into the racing line and attempt my moves towards the bus stop every time, but there's always someone either attempting the dive on the inside, or feigning it in order to put you off. This inevitably creates a situation where one of you has a compromised exit and an awkward side by side coming up the hill slalom, and neither participant will have clear advantage entering the crucial chicane. It's no surprise there's so much carnage on the first lap, especially with different cars taking part.

I really am trying my best to contribute to a cleaner race for everyone, but my best attempts to yield and avoid losing time are often scuppered by the surrounding drivers "not getting the memo" and I just end up punted or sideswiped to oblivion. I'm not sure if I'm over-slowing and allowing them to catch me too easily or I'm not making my intentions clear, but any good-natured gesture seems to backfire more often than not.

Credit to PD for this combo though, it's entertaining!

I think Watkins Glen is really, really fun in these tuned cars, but there's something about the circuit which irks me every time it's used in Daily Races (not least because it's not my strongest track)...

Turn 1 obviously invites some danger, and I'd rather tuck into the racing line and attempt my moves towards the bus stop every time, but there's always someone either attempting the dive on the inside, or feigning it in order to put you off. This inevitably creates a situation where one of you has a compromised exit and an awkward side by side coming up the hill slalom, and neither participant will have clear advantage entering the crucial chicane. It's no surprise there's so much carnage on the first lap, especially with different cars taking part.

I really am trying my best to contribute to a cleaner race for everyone, but my best attempts to yield and avoid losing time are often scuppered by the surrounding drivers "not getting the memo" and I just end up punted or sideswiped to oblivion. I'm not sure if I'm over-slowing and allowing them to catch me too easily or I'm not making my intentions clear, but any good-natured gesture seems to backfire more often than not.

Credit to PD for this combo though, it's entertaining!
Not sure where you are racing but, in the C lobby, I race everyone very hard down both straights and then completely back out, there are quite a few drivers that would rather beat you down the straight than actually slow down and make the turns, very strange mindset in my opinion. I make very few racing passes for position, my biggest advances are usually forcing mistakes. I also see no point in passing someone who has a penalty flag, they are usually angry, I just drive through their ghost.

Daily Race B is inconsistent for more people than just me. I just finished my first race, P9, and I finished ahead of at least 2 A+ drivers. Doing this track in Gr.3 cars on hards just seems wrong.

Question for you guys: Why do you think PD shies away from mediums and softs so much? Do they have to pay for the used rubber or something? I mean, what possible reason could they have to avoid using tires that would make the races more fun? Aren't games supposed to be fun?

What if they made hockey players play in dress shoes instead of ice skates - would they think that would be more fun for people? I honestly have no idea why PD does the things they do. "Here, look at how much fun you could have playing our game. But not too much fun!"

I didn't know that could be an issue. I've always put them near the top, I guess - never really thought about it. I'm guessing you haven't either. 😛
I am amazed by PD"s stubbornness. Maybe they are smoking the tyres and hard tyres burn longer.

I'm surrounded by Glens! Or people who are confused what they want to be, but especially not "a Glen" 😂

1719937315322.jpeg
1719937455850.jpeg

And shockingly, one of them (assuming the annoying one) is a whole half second faster than me!? 🫨😂 All jokes aside, nice one @newmedia_dev !

How has the actual race been this week for C, is it interesting? Haven't tried yet as injured my foot on Saturday and only have been mostly comfy today..

Last edited:
They usually do the races early when there is an update coming so I think that's why. Less stuff to go wrong nearer the update etc

I also think that's why B next week is using the recent Toyota format.

For daily B for me I just can't race Lago in a Gr3 on hards again. So I have been doing C when I race which has been considerably less than normal for the passed couple of weeks.

Yeah I was thinking about that, 7 laps seems perfect really, but I’ll probably just end up leaving it until the weekend, although your video in the ford looks fun

Last edited:
I'm surrounded by Glens! Or people who are confused what they want to be, but especially not "a Glen" 😂
Reminds me to add you on my UK Alt 🤣

I have to much racing to do so spreading it around a bit, leave me alone! 😝
And shockingly, one of them (assuming the annoying one) is a whole half second faster than me!? 🫨😂 All jokes aside, nice one @newmedia_dev !
I stopped setting better times before it got to hard for you to try and catch...
How has the actual race been this week for C, is it interesting? Haven't tried yet as injured my foot on Saturday and only have been mostly comfy today..
In growing toenails are so painful. That will teach you for living in a hot country and wearing flip flops all the time!

The racing is largely good but it's kept close by the custom slip stream.
Yeah I was thinking about that, 7 laps seems perfect really, but I’ll probably just end up leaving it until the weekend, although your video in the ford looks fun
It's well worth doing just for the experience and it's like you say the Goldilocks of length and pretty balanced cars (well 3 of them at least)

In growing toenails are so painful. That will teach you for living in a hot country and wearing flip flops all the time!
Just for your information, I don't have toes, I'm a minotaur 🤣🐮 I did however, manage to get a small fracture in my foot and bruise my tendons, which is absolutely terrific and lovely... ⚰️🤐👴🏻

Last edited:
@TechnoIsLove So what strategic methods do you have up your sleeve at Maggiore? I have had a difficult time on this track since my debut in GT sport back in 2021. There are too many turns and corners that I have to remember and get my rhythm right at. I got a time in the 2'00.000's but there is still room for improvement. Take care and message me back asap.

@TechnoIsLove So what strategic methods do you have up your sleeve at Maggiore? I have had a difficult time on this track since my debut in GT sport back in 2021. There are too many turns and corners that I have to remember and get my rhythm right at. I got a time in the 2'00.000's but there is still room for improvement. Take care and message me back asap.
Hey! I don't think I have done a lap at Maggiore this week, over it as it's been featured once a month this year lol

Hey! I don't think I have done a lap at Maggiore this week, over it as it's been featured once a month this year lol
I said to @brockie earlier, just can't muster any enthusiasm to race it. Did a few sighting laps and I'm like...nah

I get the tracks are limited but the car choices could be mixed up a bit like A and C this week. No way perfect but something different and relatively current/iconic cars.

zjn
How do you rate Race C in terms of enjoyment and carnage?
It looks quite interesting and
Just done my first 2 races of the week, first was brilliant, very clean. The second was an absolute disgusting show of all that's wrong with this game. Just carnage and pure deliberate too. I'm going to do 1 more now and if it goes the same way I'm done for the week 🤬🤬

Attachments

• 20240702_181356.jpg
    20240702_181356.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1
Well, 2 more done at the Glen. First 1 I started 5th and immediately gained a spot off the line, caught the slipstream lovely and got shafted by the guy behind going into the bus stop 🤬🤬 back down to 12th and was going to quit but I kept going. Made good ground and finished 4th. Second race was going brilliant, having a really good race with a German guy for 1st and 2nd...he pushed hard but very fair. Unfortunately for me I forgot I'm still getting used to not using TCS and I made a complete b*locks of it coming off turn 1 and spun 🙈🤣 Anyway, I nearly quit again but kept going to finish 7th. 1 more try and I must eat something!!

Attachments

• 20240702_191408.jpg
    20240702_191408.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1
Hi friends! I had a break from racing over the weekend and did some fun family/friend stuff. Back today with the new races; Race C looks fun but too many variables as i continue on my quest to get up to DR A!

Lago Maggiore was a bit of a nightmare to begin with: three races today but they got better and better. Started all on pole (just call me Mr Saturday 🤣) but first race got a horrible shunt going into turn two that put me out. I’ve been waiting to ‘rejoin’ when I or someone spins me but am I invisible when I’m there? It’s ruining my race in terms of position but I want to try and hold on to SR S if I can!

Second race was going well as I was out in front setting fast laps but I really awkward bounce through the Esses mid lap caused me to spin, recovered to 9th with not some of my finest driving but it was enough.

Third race was great, some really really fast DR B drivers in second and third, I got overtaken after a mistake at T1 but regained the place when P1 went into the gravel at banky boy! Held him off for the win. Very happy with my pace and race management 😁
IMG_7622.jpeg
IMG_7623.jpeg

Not sure where you are racing but, in the C lobby, I race everyone very hard down both straights and then completely back out, there are quite a few drivers that would rather beat you down the straight than actually slow down and make the turns, very strange mindset in my opinion. I make very few racing passes for position, my biggest advances are usually forcing mistakes. I also see no point in passing someone who has a penalty flag, they are usually angry, I just drive through their ghost.

My main point was that people mostly seem like they don't want to survive the first sector of this 7 lap race. Risky behaviour all round, and not much a conservative driver can do to help or to protect themselves.

Maybe I just need more practice, and/or not be so quick to judge based on Monday lobbies.

View attachment 1369408 View attachment 1369410

Meh, you are forcing me to do more quali laps. Your were my only PS friend who had a lap time, so I had to beat you before I jump into the races:)
Now I have to beat you again, tougher now…

View attachment 1369408 View attachment 1369410

Glen is haunting the top of my friend board as well

Last edited:
My main point was that people mostly seem like they don't want to survive the first sector of this 7 lap race. Risky behaviour all round, and not much a conservative driver can do to help or to protect themselves.

Maybe I just need more practice, and/or not be so quick to judge based
Ya, I’m the same M.O. I give up a lot of position in the first sector to survive a long race. That’s another good thing about those races that have a required pit stop, sometimes you can get it out of the way early to get out of phase with the back markers.
That’s also why a lot of the A drivers here recommend spending time qualifying well, to get yourself in front of that initial mess.

zjn
How do you rate Race C in terms of enjoyment and carnage?
It looks quite interesting and unusual
It is great, very fun because you'll always be in or near a group of cars that are as fast as you so it really comes down to avoid making mistakes and driving clean.
I've done quite some races already and have not yet seen a race with carnage.
Yes there are the occasional pile ups, but for what I've seen it's just because everyone is so close to each other. If one messes up and suddenly goes of and bounces back on track, yeah then you have carnage. But on purpose? Haven't seen that happen yet.

Did some TT on daily A. I kind of like short track sessions. But there are bugger all people trying this, this week.
Which is a shame because it's a great race. Really good fun.

I've done quite some races already and have not yet seen a race with carnage.
I have, in every race I tried. But mostly unintentional, and I had my fair share. 😅

But it's a good race, too. Finally some variety. The races feel very different, depending of which lobby you're in. On my practice account (B/S) I have been able to go from the back to finish on or near the podium. On my main account I have no chance against the really quick guys.😬

Hi all,

After months of "secretly" reading this thread, I decided to register myself. Maybe we will meet at the daily races. After improving with your tricks en tips, I'm jumping between C & B. Depending on my play-time to learn the track and car.

Open for friends-invites: Fukkie_76

This week racing DR C and most of the time improving...

Cheers!

Fokke

Back