GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,008 comments
This is the worst daily race PD have ever put out
They took the original and very good launch format for A (shorter, single make mini cup/rookies vibe) and turned it in to something that has niche appeal.

Very little reward as there is no skin in the game and and on top of this made it a weird meme race category that "generally" has very little appeal consistently to anyone outside of the niche.

Its like there is a disconnect between making either fun races or races that better suit Sports mode main player base and they have landed in a weird place that is neither of those but mostly some sort of purgatory that race A now sits in.

Edit:

They missed a massive trick not having race A cycle through races that feature early menu book cars thus providing a proper narrative/journey from racing AI to "now try this with humans" as the gateway to jumping in to sports mode.

Last edited:
They took the original and very good launch format for A (shorter, single make mini cup/rookies vibe) and turned it in to something that has niche appeal.

Very little reward as there is no skin in the game and and on top of this made it a weird meme race category that "generally" has very little appeal consistently to anyone outside of the niche.

Its like there is a disconnect between making either fun races or races that better suit Sports mode main player base and they have landed in a weird place that is neither of those but mostly some sort of purgatory that race A now sits in.

Edit:

They missed a massive trick not having race A cycle through races that feature early menu book cars thus providing a proper narrative/journey from racing AI to "now try this with humans" as the gateway to jumping in to sports mode.
This forum will be bored of me suggesting this for race A every week but PD should bring back shuffle races, they pick the track and a rough PP figure then the players get assigned a random car when they load into the race. It wouldn't be totally fair but who cares, DR is off so it doesn't need to be.

This week with 2 car grids is a little too niche for me.

This forum will be bored of me suggesting this for race A every week but PD should bring back shuffle races, they pick the track and a rough PP figure then the players get assigned a random car when they load into the race. It wouldn't be totally fair but who cares, DR is off so it doesn't need to be.

This week with 2 car grids is a little too niche for me.
At least give us a choice of weapons.

Last edited:
Said I wasn't gonna race.....lied obviously as @GrumpyOldMan will tell you 🤣

Early QT paid dividends, I'm racing on my EU alt the middle of times for B this week and it's been fun, traumatic but fun. Starting pole mostly tonight in High B lobbies, naturally throwing that away and consolidating solid 2-5th places with a rage quit.

I did do practice for the manu cup tomorrow but have no idea on the strat so will have to wing it.

One more race in the EMEA region and gonna hop over and see some of my NACA American friends hopefully.

Yeah, race A is not good, PD should have at least done a race where there are about 6-8 road cars to choose from instead of an engine swap and tuning exercise. I'm only sticking with the B races this week. I essentially wasted all that money on tuning for the Jimny and then I changed my mind at the last minute. it has not been a good structured week in this case. I don't know about you guys but PD messed up this week. I'm not really used to tuning anyway, it spoils the fun of gt7.

Said I wasn't gonna race.....lied obviously as @GrumpyOldMan will tell you 🤣
I'm still not racing this week, although I'm definitely suffering withdrawal symptoms big time. I don't think I've completed more than Q lap. I just hate the course so much, and even just the first set of corners brings up PTSD feelings from the last time I did that part of that track.

I suffer PTSD from dealing with the Nordschleife for many years in GT, have always been afraid of the length and all the complex corners and turns of the track. So, I'm a semi fan of the NurbGP track. I hope one day I can get my rank in the B's so maybe I can race with you guys. It will take me probably a couple years to get that high. And I won't sideswipe/run into you, I promise, :)
We are the GT community circle and we have to stick together and help each other out. And of course I'll help/take care of my mom as she is my personal care-giver and she raised me to be independent and work on my own.

@GrumpyOldMan
@newmedia_dev
@mellofello9
@brockie
@cyirush
@GOTMAXPOWER
@Jflijohn
@bone_tone
@MetalApe
@Mc_Yavel
@TechnoIsLove
@Barney Da Dog
@TheNormsk
@Nakano219
@sturk0167
@Dairyworker
@ILLEAGLE_34
@Nebuc72

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Last edited:
I agree that race A is stupid. I'm still gradually improving my lap and tune so that hopefully I can stay in third place worldwide with a clean lap but the top two not having replays saved is suspicious to say the least. A 49.870 lap with a replay clearly slams into the wall going over the big hill and is around 4 tenths faster than me going into the last sector. Some of the top replays I haven't looked at yet but I'm pretty sure many of the fastest times without replays are taking advantage of the really unrealistic collision physics with the walls.
Plus like many have mentioned it requires collection level 50 or an insanely lucky roulette spin to be competitive, the daily race payouts across the board are way too low to use for money grinding and pretty much any race with tuning has unrealistic exploits found that deter many of the best players from trying and many players in general from racing throughout the week because the fields in races are so spread out.
I will always want there to be races sometimes with tuning available if it is realistic because it allows people to make the car(s) the way they want it, adds more strategy and variations to races and allows for more community cooperation to improve setups... I don't recall a daily race with realistic fully unlocked tuning yet in GT7.
The current race B seems like a good example that some form of tuning can stay realistic and competitive so hopefully eventually more positive changes can be made to help races with tuning in the future but I think the biggest change should be Polyphony Digital taking community feedback. There are countless online racing leagues and series that allow tuning and many seen to have figured out systems that are considered fair and competitive. Maybe with the new physics system coming soon PD could start paying attention to what the most well liked community races are in the next few months and maybe by the end of the year implement the most well received into Sport Mode. It could even be promoted, have one daily race per week and one championship race per round be a community spotlight that lists what racing league or series came up with the race. That would make tuning in Sport Mode more realistic and promote online racing more as a whole.

My stint in DR-B is thankfully over. I had 3 races this morning, all A/B races, starting and finishing near the bottom.
Man, those guys are fast. It was amazing to me that all 14 cars cleared the first 3 turns completely trouble free in all three races today (and possibly more but I lost sight after a while).
…and then there was the C lobby, slightly more laborious, but definitely more at my competition level, my people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
It somehow feels like there's a - for a lack of better words - huge crack right through the entire game experience. Technically everything looks and feels so perfectly crafted - graphics, sounds, controls... but some of the gameplay design decisions, be it in singleplayer or in sports mode, feel very weird, and "raw". They seem to be left to some interns with no imagination of the player experience and no connection to the player base whatsoever.

Last edited:
I don't recall a daily race with realistic fully unlocked tuning yet in GT7.
There was one at Lago East but it was a bug (feature? 🤣) that allowed full tuning if you paused and quit the TT before the race. It was the one with the Gr4 Mitsubishi Evo being the OP car.

There was a TT IIRC that was the NSX at the full Nurburgring that allowed full tuning.

I haven't done any dailies for about 3 weeks, not had the time, Euro football has got in the way. Had an hour or so to kill last night so tried B out using @newmedia_dev tune on the 911 and got a 1.55.8** that's 2.6sec off the top time 😯 it's very competitive this week.

Hopefully GR4 next week with RMs after an England win tomorrow.

Today is the day, am determined to make it to DR A today 😅😅 nearly there so hopefully it won't take too long 🤞🤞Edit: First win in the bag. Had to bring the wife for breakfast (pregnant + hungry= not good) so will continue my quest for glory when I get home 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20240713_102742.jpg
    20240713_102742.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240713_104245.jpg
    20240713_104245.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Okay. Enough sadomasochism for one day. What I 'feared' would happen this week, happened. I got demoted to DR C after some horrible races in the back of DR B lobbies. In the last race I got punted so often I was 16th, and had a 30 secs gap to the leader. After 5 laps I still had that 30 secs gap. Too bad, I maybe had the pace to battle more up front.

I also thought before that if you are DR A or B and you have SR B, you have to be a dirty driver. I try to avoid any contact but I'm just a failhaze so I'm now also SR B. So I take that former thought back. You can also just be utterly non-talented instead of dirty hehe.

Next week some races in C lobbies I guess.. Maybe then I can give top 5 finish / total races ratio a boost 😉

Okay. Enough sadomasochism for one day. What I 'feared' would happen this week, happened. I got demoted to DR C after some horrible races in the back of DR B lobbies. In the last race I got punted so often I was 16th, and had a 30 secs gap to the leader. After 5 laps I still had that 30 secs gap. Too bad, I maybe had the pace to battle more up front.

I also thought before that if you are DR A or B and you have SR B, you have to be a dirty driver. I try to avoid any contact but I'm just a failhaze so I'm now also SR B. So I take that former thought back. You can also just be utterly non-talented instead of dirty hehe.
That happened to me last month (SR getting dropped, not by me being dirty), with my SR getting dropped to B, and it took a handful of weeks to get it back. Green line:

1720871748046.png

It totally sucks, and it's one of the reasons I haven't raced B this week - I knew it had the potential to kill my SR, and I never want to have to go through that ordeal again!

So what I'm saying is, I totally feel your pain! :yuck:

That happened to me last month (SR getting dropped, not by me being dirty), with my SR getting dropped to B, and it took a handful of weeks to get it back. Green line:

View attachment 1372147
It totally sucks, and it's one of the reasons I haven't raced B this week - I knew it had the potential to kill my SR, and I never want to have to go through that ordeal again!

So what I'm saying is, I totally feel your pain! :yuck:
Sounds like I have to make some wise decisions as to which races I want to partake in. Short races with turns like T1 Monza or T1 NGP can be recipes for mayhem. I'm curious what next week's dailies are going to be.

Am so close...another 2 good races and that should be enough🤞🤞🤞Edit: That will help anyway 👍🏆
Nice achievement! I had 3 good races into this morning at the NurbGP track. The first one I only got 2 penalties, one for ignoring a yelloe flag and the next one for hitting someone, the duration was 3 seconds for each, but I still was able to finish in 7th. Race 2, I finished 8th and then the third one I finished 9th. So, that was 3 top ten finishes. I guess this track is too much for @GrumpyOldMan.

The only part that gets me is the last chicane before the finish line.

Am so close...another 2 good races and that should be enough🤞🤞🤞Edit: That will help anyway 👍🏆
Pretty impressive numbers. 2/3 of your races are top 5, I think that really help to keep you moving in the right direction.
Unfortunately DR is a zero-sum game though, for every you, there’s a me 😎

Last edited:
I only ask rarely but if you could drop a like or comment on my vid that would be appreciated even if you don't watch it.

2 reasons:

It helps keep me motivated to start making vids I think will help people who aren't quite (like myself) at that A/A+ level

And secondly it helps YT find more like minded people thus perpetuating the cycle.

Just a friendly ask from a random community member 👍

Latest Posts

Back