GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,285 comments
Am so close...another 2 good races and that should be enough🤞🤞🤞Edit: That will help anyway 👍🏆

I remember moving into A for the first time, it was Suzuka gr4 and I was rinsing every race and it took loads of wins, more than you’d think, to get there and then boom. Starting back of the pack 🤣

Keep pushing

I only ask rarely but if you could drop a like or comment on my vid that would be appreciated even if you don't watch it.

2 reasons:

It helps keep me motivated to start making vids I think will help people who aren't quite (like myself) at that A/A+ level

And secondly it helps YT find more like minded people thus perpetuating the cycle.

Just a friendly ask from a random community member 👍
Liked and subscribed, good luck with channel

I remember moving into A for the first time, it was Suzuka gr4 and I was rinsing every race and it took loads of wins, more than you’d think, to get there and then boom. Starting back of the pack 🤣

Keep pushing
Yeah, it requires a boatload of work to get up in the A and B rankings, and you have to beat lots of drivers to get their DR/SR. And you must not get penalties and do wrong things on the track/road.

How long did it take for you to reach an A/B ranking?

Last edited:
Yeah, it requires a boatload of work to get up in the A and B rankings, and you have to beat lots of drivers to get their DR/SR. And you must not get penalties and do wrong things on the track/road.

How long did it take for you to reach an A/B ranking?

Literally took ages and no sooner was I in A, I dropped to B again 🤣, but I do remember coming from C to BS and thinking the same so I am sure it’s possible to grow into the next rank, but it’s takes some real time, I’ll stay in B for that reason alone, 😀

I’m just waiting for a week I can invest some time on, there’s been no decent race B in a while

Literally took ages and no sooner was I in A, I dropped to B again 🤣, but I do remember coming from C to BS and thinking the same so I am sure it’s possible to grow into the next rank, but it’s takes some real time, I’ll stay in B for that reason alone, 😀

I’m just waiting for a week I can invest some time on, there’s been no decent race B in a while
If you are are like me a week comes around that accelerates things so finishing races in the top 6/5 starts to happen. Lobby quality gets better etc you get over that fringe hurdle. Its take me quite a few flirtations to solidify A but it does require pace and analysing the way you make pace to start to deliver times that are quicker than you ever imagined your could go.

Well PD probably won't notify us with the new set of races until tomorrow or into Monday, if they are pre-occupied with the Nation's and Manufacturing Championships. Honestly I hope it consists of SSRX, Big Willow, and the Daytona Oval, as those are three of my best favorite tracks in the whole game. And no, I'm not talking about the road course.

I don't know where you've got this idea.

PD never notifies us of the new races. They just change in-game, on the Monday morning.
Well some members on here go to a couple websites that give the race information early, ask Talon16, Glen and GrumpyOldMan. I'll screenshot you a picture as proof.

1720894596151.png

I don't know where you've got this idea.

PD never notifies us of the new races. They just change in-game, on the Monday morning.
You know as well as I do some of the race settings get uploaded and mined early.

We have to guess the cars and some of the strats.

This week like other busy weeks means they haven't set the race parameters on a Friday before they go home because they are probably working the weekend with 2 Series events happening.

Well I mean, we may have to wait until Monday morning. But we'll all get surprised and see I usually practice a couple days in advance when someone notifies us about what the GTSH Rank website shows for the three races.

Well I mean, we may have to wait until Monday morning. But we'll all get surprised and see I usually practice a couple days in advance when someone notifies us about what the GTSH Rank website shows for the three races.
For us normal people Chris it is more a nice to know what the races are rather than we can do anything with that knowledge.

It's the alien drivers that use it to go super fast.

I know @Famine doesn't need me defending him, but his statement is correct. PD doesn't notify us.
Semantics vs reality.

Edit:

PD don't publicly show the races, other people have figured out how to see them.

Personally I can't see the harm in pre published combos. The fast guys are always gonna be quick and the rest of us do a few extra laps. Not sure the "surprise" is worth the wait...look at daily A this week 😔

Last edited:
Well some members on here go to a couple websites that give the race information early, ask Talon16, Glen and GrumpyOldMan. I'll screenshot you a picture as proof.
Which isn't PD. PD doesn't notify anyone about the Daily Races change.
You know as well as I do some of the race settings get uploaded and mined early.
I also know as well as you do that it's not PD that notifies anyone about anything.

Which isn't PD. PD doesn't notify anyone about the Daily Races change.

I also know as well as you do that it's not PD that notifies anyone about anything.
And I never said they did? I was just confirming that certain race tracks and parameters are known earlier than the flip over?

And it is PD that runs the servers on the PSN server network that uploads the file that specifies the race parameters.

So technically they do, they just don't tell anyone about it...

Yeah, PD gives everyone a last-minute notice, but anyways it's not a big deal, but it's a huge advantage for the aliens as opposed to the mortals and humans. See it might be because of their DNA too. Maybe the aliens had so many years of driving experience that they know every single track by heart and they can use all the cars like a machine. See it isn't fair for the lower-skilled players, but it is what it is. In this world!

Last edited:
And I never said they did?
No, but @Chris30 did, and my response was to him, which is why I quoted what he said and gave the correct information. You chose to respond to that.
So technically they do, they just don't tell anyone about it...
So... that'd be the "notify" part?

To repeat, PD doesn't notify anyone about pretty much anything. Third-parties do it for them, and PD shouldn't be credited with it.

Yeah, PD gives everyone a last-minute notice
They give nobody any notice at all. PD doesn't notify anyone about the changes in Daily Races, Time Trials, or Weekly Challenges before they happen in your game.

Yeah, PD gives everyone a last-minute notice, but anyways it's not a big deal, but it's a huge advantage for the aliens as opposed to the mortals and humans. See it might be because of their DNA too. Maybe the aliens had so many years of driving experience that they know every single track by heart and they can use all the cars like a machine. See it isn't fair for the lower-skilled players, but it is what it is. In this world!
Honestly it's more nuanced than that Chris.

Going fast is about understanding GT and what going fast in this game means.

Try as I might, I have not been fast this week. Had a few races at the Nurb, enjoyable especially with the Mercedes, and actually raced my first Gr1s at Interlagos. But I've only touched the top 10 there through attrition and the Nurb has a best of 6th. Sigh, see what next week brings eh.

To repeat, PD doesn't notify anyone about pretty much anything. Third-parties do it for them, and PD shouldn't be credited with it.
Fair.

But by using a GAAS model they do notify anyone willing to look.

If your point was to Chris then that is fair, to say a press release (daily race parameters) but not given to anyone but publicly available for those willing to is not publishing anything is a (tenuous on my part stretch)

The fact there is no PR (and there isn't for the switch over either to be candid) that we can see these things doesn't mean they don't share them earlier than we see the final outcome.

As I said to Grumpy we can get all semantic about this but PD never future "promote" daily races, do they publicly share the formats in advance. Yes.

Edit:

Apologies Famine the grammar is horrendous reading this back. I won't edit it but good luck trying to understand what I was trying to say 🤣 Jesus Glen!

Edit 2:

If I have a news alert out for Reuters....and it pings they haven't notified me, but I've been notified because of my alert.

If PD put out changes and I have an alert I've been notified of the change.

They just don't publicise things. So the nuance is in whether they proactively tell us or we proactively monitor?

Come on you've asked for heads up on the weekly challenges so while I get the having to follow the journalistic code, embargoes etc I'm not sure what the underlying problem with the fact we know 50% of each combo each week? PD publish the server updates and we can see them? That they don't issue a press release is a moot point?

Last edited:
Try as I might, I have not been fast this week. Had a few races at the Nurb, enjoyable especially with the Mercedes, and actually raced my first Gr1s at Interlagos. But I've only touched the top 10 there through attrition and the Nurb has a best of 6th. Sigh, see what next week brings eh.
I haven't had a lot of luck at the Nurburgring track this week, I've been keeping my distance from any crazy drivers out there, and I may just leave my time where it's at for now. Well I'm off to do some more B races. It's no point in worrying about it, we'll just have to deal with what PD/Sony provides us. See I think Sony pays PD to keep the online servers running every week. Without their paycheck and money, the servers would not exist.

Last edited:
do they publicly share the formats in advance. Yes.
Not by design, no, and nobody is notified of it. It's a function of how the PD website works (and how it's integrated with the game).

Just because it amuses me, it is actually by definition a part of the deep web. You can access that part of the site if you know what you're looking for, but it's not otherwise publicly available and not indexed by search engines.

The fact there is no PR
PD doesn't handle its own PR either. It's managed by SIE... and pretty minimal.

As I've said elsewhere, the PR outfits contracted by publishers of other games usually send us information about upcoming updates, events, or changes ahead of time (although sometimes not much ahead of time). For MS and SIE it is so rare that it's almost an occasion when they do it (we've had one in GT7's lifetime, and that was about 1.29). Of course MS does streams of FM/FH5's updates (usually) a few days before with all the info too. SIE seems allergic to it; ordinarily the best we get is a PS Blog article 12 hours beforehand with the content highlights, and anything else is buried until release.

I don't know where they got the idea that this is the way.

SIE stands for Securities Industry Essentials, I believe. That's a lot of useful information Famine said that I did not know about in terms of the daily racing. I'll have to do more research about it and watch Youtube videos discussing the matter.

SIE stands for Securities Industry Essentials, I believe.
Sony Interactive Entertainment...
Literally it's by design on how the internet works.
No, not really. It's how they need their site to function in order to integrate it with the game.
They aren't running the game of an onion server behind a tor brower?
That's the Dark Web, not the Deep Web. The Deep Web is anything not indexed by search engines; GTPlanet's Premium forum is also the Deep Web. The next set of Daily Races is not publicly posted and not indexed by search engines, but exists on their site and is therefore Deep Web.
You are conflating being notified and knowing something.
Weird, because it looks quite like you're doing that. I'm consistently talking about being notified, because the original comment talked about being notified. Look:
Well PD probably won't notify us with the new set of races until tomorrow or into Monday
PD never notifies us of the new races.
So... that'd be the "notify" part?

To repeat, PD doesn't notify anyone about pretty much anything.
Not by design, no, and nobody is notified of it.
You're talking about knowing what the next Daily Races are because third parties take the data off the site from non-indexed pages. I'm talking about PD notifying people because that was the original comment.

Don't give PD credit for other people doing the job for them.

Come on you've asked for heads up on the weekly challenges
I very much have not and have no idea what the Weekly Challenges have to do with it.
PD publish the server updates and we can see them? That they don't issue a press release is a moot point?
The fact PD doesn't notify anyone was literally the point, because the original comment was that they do.

I'm really not sure why you're objecting to this.

Yeah, let's all get back on topic here, let's enjoy the rest of the weekend and race our hearts out. I need to go anyways and eat lunch, and then get back to work on the B races.

@Famine well I understand what you said, so we don't need to debate on it anymore like Glen said. We can't control what PD and Sony does with the game anyways. We just play and enjoy it. We're lucky Gran Turismo made it this far since most people didn't really like gt6.

Last edited:
very much have not and have no idea what the Weekly Challenges have to do with it.
I'm not going to search the posts because this isn't a hill I want to die on, but you have asked what the weekly challenges were because you were going way.

In terms of differentiating the web it's kind of a naive view. The web is the web, if you use it then it's there and available nothing to do with indexing. It's how the web works. Like phoning a random number mate. My point is they are using the mechanic freely provided to them and not hiding it.

Again, this isn't a topic I feel is worth dying on the hill for. I'm not sure why you are either?

Is the PD data publicly available for daily races? Yes.

Do the they pre publish them. No?

Not sure what the arguement is about.

Semantics vs reality

Not sure what the arguement is about.
Then why are you having it?

One person said PD notifies us of the Daily Races. In direct response I pointed out that they don't. You seemingly agree that they don't, I think, and we all agree that it's third parties that do this, digging them out of unindexed pages on the GT site precisely because PD doesn't do it, so there wasn't any need to get involved, but instead we've got... this?

Incidentally, PD already changed how its site works between GTS and GT7 - breaking the functionality used by third-party sites to log player DR/SR, amongst other things. I won't go into further specifics but, given how and what information is gleaned from it and comments related to me about preventing it, I suspect we'll see another change when the site is redeveloped next or for the next title.

Back