GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,190 comments
Waste of time if you ask me ๐Ÿ˜‚ On a serious note, Mr Glen is a great driver to follow so don't blame you for subbing to him! I should be back to my online self as of next week, been busy, and @newmedia_dev knows why ๐Ÿ˜œ After 29 months, my Swedish assassin is finally done!
Wb, yeah I'm gonna subscribe to Glen's channel in a couple days. And what do you mean with, "Swedish Assassin"? Hope to see you back soon, you missed the NurbGP and Interlagos this week, but the C races consist of Group 1 cars which make it intense plus it's a 15-lap race.

Incidentally, PD already changed how its site works between GTS and GT7 - breaking the functionality used by third-party sites to log player DR/SR, amongst other things. I won't go into further specifics but, given how and what information is gleaned from it and comments related to me about preventing it, I suspect we'll see another change when the site is redeveloped next or for the next title.
We won't have this arguement any further.

What we will have is the facts.

We see daily race partial parameters early accessible on the internet. Based on PD uploading them.

If they change that, they change it. But the here and now or reality we live in isn't changed.

Again I don't know what you are really trying to defend/down play here?

Data gets shared, it's not endorsed by the originating party. Fine, that's the risk we take in doing laps on the wrong circuit ? :/

I think we all on this forum and this tread know that PD do not say anything about anything until they want to. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Again I don't know what you are really trying to defend/down play here?
Go back and read the two posts right before your first response. Literally nothing you've said since then has been necessary, and it's added nothing.

The facts remain that PD does not notify anyone of the change in Daily Races, which is literally what I stated in response to another user suggesting that PD would notify us of the change in Daily Races.

You agree with that, it appears.

No, I don't but that is ok. I just don't have a similar difference between putting stuff on the internet and promoting it.

But that is ok to disagree with. Being publicly available using the "free" internet obfuscated or not is the company physically putting stuff out there. Making a song and dance about it is a PR thing.

They put the files on the servers not me....and I don't even mine them. But that's something they proactively do, whether they want them found or not is not my purview. But they do that, do they tell anyone? No? So it's not endorsed but they do it, they literally do it.

Edit:

I don't think this is worth debate. Mods please delete. I want to talk about racing not PD policy and process.

@Famine this is not a discussion worth the time of the thread and that's on me.

Last edited:
Wb, yeah I'm gonna subscribe to Glen's channel in a couple days. And what do you mean with, "Swedish Assassin"? Hope to see you back soon, you missed the NurbGP and Interlagos this week, but the C races consist of Group 1 cars which make it intense plus it's a 15-lap race.
What I meant was after 29 months of work, tears and money, at 8am this morning I officially finished the total rebuild of my Saab! ๐Ÿฅณ Now comes the most difficult and challenging test of self-control of my entire life.... Driving it for about 2k miles at the lowest map possible (421 whp) at below 4.5k revs due to the running in phase of the engine.... ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ฌ

The facts remain that PD does not notify anyone of the change in Daily Races, which is literally what I stated in response to another user suggesting that PD would notify us of the change in Daily Races.

No, I don't but that is ok.
But they do that, do they tell anyone? No?
Again, pointlessly furious agreement here, continuing arguing against something you agree with in a discussion you claim not to want to continue...

I'm not sure why it requires a press release or PR "song and dance" either. Here's PD (yes, PD; this is written internally) notifying a change to Weekly Challenges:

Again, pointlessly furious agreement here, continuing arguing against something you agree with in a discussion you claim not to want to continue...
I asked for the posts to be deleted but keep them if they are ok, I don't mind.

I think there is a cross over of how we communicate things or at least our agendas.

We agree but I don't think we are aligned but that is by the the by.

I want to go back to racing chat and banter.

I'm not sure why it requires a press release or PR "song and dance" either. Here's PD (yes, PD; this is written internally) notifying a change to Weekly Challenges:
With that logic you'd appreciate or expect as a paying customer "next week we are heading to the xxxx, with a set of daily races for our committed sport mode players"

Sadly that never comes. PD send press release out around things that suit them. Not the player of a given mode, In this context sports mode players.

The weekly challenges changes announces are to suit their delivery/work/update cycles. Not the players.

Can we leave this now please. Neither of us are right just highly opinionated from different perspectives.

With that logic you'd appreciate or expect as a paying customer "next week we are heading to the xxxx, with a set of daily races for our committed sport mode players"
That'd be lovely. But, as you say, doesn't happen.

There's really no reason it couldn't be posted on its social channels by the (external) social media team on the Sunday, or even the Friday. It's not like it's vital, top-secret information.

Sadly that never comes. PD send press release out around things that suit them.
Again, no. Press releases come from the PR team, which is at SIE; PD has no real PR team and almost no external presence of any kind. Press releases from SIE regarding Gran Turismo are vanishingly rare.
I think there is a cross over of how we communicate things or at least our agendas.
I don't have one other than correcting misconceptions and untruths. The idea that PD notifies players of Daily Races (or pretty much anything) is one such misconception. Although we're both well aware that the information is posted ahead of the day through unlisted pages on the game's website (which appears to be a necessity for the game's integration with the site for now; so was the listing of raw DR/SR data until it was changed, quite on purpose, to stop this), we're also both well aware that this is extracted by third parties and disseminated rather than by PD itself.

You seem to absolutely agree that PD doesn't actually tell anyone anything about it - which is pretty much the definition of "notify", per the original two posts - so that would seem to be settled... surely?

Neither of us are right just highly opinionated from different perspectives.
Again, no perspective and no opinion, just cold facts. I've said from the very beginning that PD does not notify people about Daily Race changes - because the entire point was that someone said they would and the fact is that they don't; that was the sum of the conversation and it did not need to be added to - and this has not changed. I'm not really interested in anything aside from correcting that original misconception, and nothing since then has altered it.
Can we leave this now please.
Once more, you're welcome to cease any time you wish, but if you keep posting things like "PD send press release out" - which is not the case for pretty much anything (it barely does anything with regards to the press, aside from submit, as required, year-end financial reports to the kanpou) - I'm going to keep responding to correct them because we can't have people believing in things that aren't true and saying that it appeared on GTPlanet so it must be right.

It is your call. If you really want it, I can delete all the posts right back to your initial unwarranted interjection - though we do not, out of habit, delete posts upon request.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead
at this back and forth....lol.

Still no news of next weeks races anywhere then, thatโ€™s a pain, I hope this doesnโ€™t mean we are stuck for longer with these races, I remember towards the end, gt sport only changed monthly, which was amazing when they had gr4 sardegna A and DTG etc, but if weโ€™re stuck on a race you canโ€™t get on with, like race B this week for me, not too great

As a side note, come on England!!!!!!

Still no news of next weeks races anywhere then, thatโ€™s a pain, I hope this doesnโ€™t mean we are stuck for longer with these races, I remember towards the end, gt sport only changed monthly, which was amazing when they had gr4 sardegna A and DTG etc, but if weโ€™re stuck on a race you canโ€™t get on with, like race B this week for me, not too great

The races will change over, it's not a abandoned old game live GTS was for the last couple of years. It's happened before where they haven't leaked in advance and they come as a surprise on Monday morning, I think that's better since it doesn't give people a whole weekend to practice and work out which cars/strategy will be the meta.

It's possible PD have changed their website to make it harder for the data miners to get the info but more likely they just haven't uploaded them yet, the usual schedule tends to get knocked out whenever they have one of their eSport sleepovers.

Well I take back what I said about race A. I did 5 races last night and every one of them I finished almost dead last. The engine swaps makes it easy for the professionals and aliens to grab wins.

If the races do not change by Monday morning like Brockie said then I am avoiding Race A like the plague!

Guy is probably just on holiday. Wouldn't worry too much.

Well I take back what I said about race A. I did 5 races last night and every one of them I finished almost dead last. The engine swaps makes it easy for the professionals and aliens to grab wins.

If the races do not change by Monday morning like Brockie said then I am avoiding Race A like the plague!
The engine swap makes it easy for 70 year old non-professionals/aliens like me too!

I've got my best ever QT position in this race, first time ever in the top 100 at P74 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I've still been stuck in races with people running 1 second a lap quicker though....

I have come to the conclusion that making Dr A is just not going to happen for me ๐Ÿ™ˆ I'm so close and tried my best yesterday but I just cannot catch a break at all. I spent most of yesterday in mixed A/B lobbies feeling like a pin in a skittles game. Tried 1 race this morning and got punted at turn 1 on the inside line minding my own business and that was enough for me, I dropped back to 9th or 10th and then got shafted again in turn 4, I just gave up. I have tried really hard all week to get as high as I can and I'm not going risking it all now. I'm disappointed because I thought A rated drivers would at least have some cop on but obviously not ๐Ÿ˜ช

I have come to the conclusion that making Dr A is just not going to happen for me ๐Ÿ™ˆ I'm so close and tried my best yesterday but I just cannot catch a break at all. I spent most of yesterday in mixed A/B lobbies feeling like a pin in a skittles game. Tried 1 race this morning and got punted at turn 1 on the inside line minding my own business and that was enough for me, I dropped back to 9th or 10th and then got shafted again in turn 4, I just gave up. I have tried really hard all week to get as high as I can and I'm not going risking it all now. I'm disappointed because I thought A rated drivers would at least have some cop on but obviously not ๐Ÿ˜ช
That's why I'm afraid to get my rank higher than a B/C, because the A drivers can be dangerous and not nice to others on the track. They even hog most of the road and leave hardly no room for their opponents. I really hate Race A, I was in a lobby with one A, two B and mostly D drivers. One had a rank E so he must have been new.

1720956274016.png

Then in the middle of the race, I got a blue flag, this is jacked up, I was a lap behind the insane drivers that had the engine swaps.

1720956368569.png

As you can see on the board, me and some other drivers finished with 1 lap behind, and one driver didn't even finish the race. Bullcrap, that's what it is.

1720956537789.png

The good thing is, I got a CRB and recieved 12k credits, so I guess it's fine. I'm just not savvy with this tuning stuff.

A glimmer of hope maybe ๐Ÿค”

Attachments

• 20240714_130214.jpg
    20240714_130214.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240714_130242.jpg
    20240714_130242.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 2
I only ask rarely but if you could drop a like or comment on my vid that would be appreciated even if you don't watch it.

2 reasons:

It helps keep me motivated to start making vids I think will help people who aren't quite (like myself) at that A/A+ level

And secondly it helps YT find more like minded people thus perpetuating the cycle.

Just a friendly ask from a random community member ๐Ÿ‘
Maybe I am overlooking something, but what is your YouTube name / channel? Then I will also subscribe.

As the words in the song go
'So close I can almost taste it' ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Edit: Another win and still not there yet ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

Attachments

• 20240714_132638.jpg
    20240714_132638.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240714_134235.jpg
    20240714_134235.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I only ask rarely but if you could drop a like or comment on my vid that would be appreciated even if you don't watch it.

2 reasons:

It helps keep me motivated to start making vids I think will help people who aren't quite (like myself) at that A/A+ level

And secondly it helps YT find more like minded people thus perpetuating the cycle.

Just a friendly ask from a random community member ๐Ÿ‘
oh, sorry, I only saw your videos in the forum and sent a ๐Ÿ‘ . I didn't even notice that you have a youtube channel. I have now subscribed to it of course and left a๐Ÿ‘
keep on with it, it's inspiring

As the words in the song go
'So close I can almost taste it' ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
Edit: Another win and still not there yet ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ
i think you try a lot yesterday, even when i play you are online ๐Ÿ˜‰. hope it worked today for you.

Wooohhooo....finally cracked it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
For the first time since I got Gt7 in August 22 I have made it to Dr A. You have no idea how happy I really am, I know it doesn't mean a lot to most people but it does to me ๐Ÿ˜‰
Big massive virtual hug to @newmedia_dev (for setup)and @Tidgney (for your helpful track guides).
It won't last long but hey, I don't really care at the moment ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… 2 victories in the last 2 races just got me over the line ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘ I need a lie down now ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Attachments

• 20240714_140344.jpg
    20240714_140344.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240714_140208.jpg
    20240714_140208.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240714_140232.jpg
    20240714_140232.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 3
Back