GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,637 comments
I wonder how long it will take me to get out of the D-rank at the rate I'm going. I commend to all the A/B drivers for having the guts and patience to do over 50-60 races a day. It's frustrating for me because I'll get my SR up 100% and then after 3-4 races it will go back down about halfway. I wish I could have a perfect race.

Last edited:
Funny you mention that. My race laps running near the back in the 3 races I have done in A lobbies were the quickest I have done all week. It was mentioned earlier on here that it will help me in the long term and I think that is true. I fully expect to drop back to B at some point tomorrow but at least I know that I can do it if I try 👍👍
I think my biggest issue now is going to be my equipment, I only have a secondhand T248 wheel and T3pm ? pedals that cost me 170 euros, my monitor is only a small cheap acer that I got in a sale (100e). The rig I made up myself. I might see can I upgrade to something better but my wife is due in 2 weeks and we have also just restored our house so money is tight enough 😅🙈 I will see what races come up tomorrow, I might skip them altogether if the tracks are not great
Ha, I remember those days. Im sorry to say that your biggest issue isn't going to be your controller, it may be a new baby in the house 😜 Congratulations and best of luck

Ha, I remember those days. Im sorry to say that your biggest issue isn't going to be your controller, it may be a new baby in the house 😜 Congratulations and best of luck
Well good luck this week whatever time brings us...I'd like to see the Daytona oval track as I haven't seen that in ages for the daily race selection.

Interesting weekend at NGP, lol...

Saturday
Entered two races, finished one. First race has me P6 (1:56.568) and as we head into T1, I get concertina'd and pound the driver in front of me. Not horrible and there was no damage/loss of position, but not polite either. Finished P8. I apologized post race and they respond with "I despise controller drivers, lol" Fair enough, all things considered. Next race has me P8. I'm still WAY too focused on the other drivers comment from the previous race, who is sittin' P6. While I'm having this great convo with myself, my brake marker is blowing past while I'm still WOT. Groovy. Now I'm trapped on the inside doin' 160 past the 100m board. I scrubbed as much speed as I could but it was no use. T-boned another car at 70 or so. As Murphy dictates, of course it was the same driver from the previous race. Quit. Shutdown. Go do something else.🤣

Mental Note: I should've bailed into the wall to ghost myself...at least that's what hindsight is telling me 🤬

Sunday
Way, way, way better experience. Knocked Q down to 1:56.205 and went racin'. Nervous start, tho...the driver from the previous days shenanigans was slotted right in front of me for my first race. Made it all the way through murder free at least. Actually beat 'em next race for a win, so that was a bonus. Got to race with some familiar names, scored some podiums and top 5's and just a blast in general racing NGP for once!😁

Can't wait to see what's next...have a great night, all! :cheers:

No. And please don't open that can of worms 🤣
Normally i wait till tomorrow morning,watch Tidgney(closely) then practice and qualify so tonight i will login at 6pm and pick whichever race seems feasible and just go for it.could make for an interesting replay or two or an absolute disaster..!

Alright.. in about 10 minutes it's this combo apparantly:

A: Tokyo expressway - central clockwise
B: High Speed ring
C: Deep Forest raceway

Thoughts anyone? In my (short) GT7 experience I never saw High speed ring as a daily, so I might try that one. Deep Forest is also a favorite.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
Alright.. in about 10 minutes it's this combo apparantly:

A: Tokyo expressway - central clockwise
B: High Speed ring
C: Deep Forest raceway

Thoughts anyone? In my (short) GT7 experience I never saw High speed ring as a daily, so I might try that one. Deep Forest is also a favorite.
Spoilsport!!!

Deep Forest seems to be the only repeat there, but it was a cracking race last time we had those settings (multiple cars and strategies available if I remember correctly)

I wonder how long it will take me to get out of the D-rank at the rate I'm going. I commend to all the A/B drivers for having the guts and patience to do over 50-60 races a day. It's frustrating for me because I'll get my SR up 100% and then after 3-4 races it will go back down about halfway. I wish I could have a perfect race.
I don’t get your rush. Just play and you’ll advance naturally. Who is playing 60 races a day anyway? Just enjoy the driving and stop watching your SR/DR for a while. The numbers say nothing.

I started the week in B and ended the week in B, somewhere in the middle though was a lot of C. I’m pretty happy with a 4th in an A/B lobby. The best part was that quite a few racing passes were made by the mid-pack drivers in the last 3 laps with absolutely no contact by anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpeg
    IMG_5088.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This week finally seems nice. HSR with Gr4 looks like fun, quick sprint with full throttle most of the way, and race C also looks great, I absolutely love Deep Forrest in normal layout, so I must try both to see :)

Here's my final best lap for the previous Race A where I finished sixth in the world.

I've done over 2,000 miles with this event and tried countless different combinations of settings, at least 10 of them I'm less than 2 tenths off my fastest lap so while the tune that just barely worked best for me is in the video I'm pretty sure it ended up being less about tuning and more about driving style which I still don't really feel used to.

Luckily the new Race A is a track I'm used to, I wouldn't be surprised if I do over 3,000 miles this week.

Regarding the DR-chase/fear of losing DR conversation, I have to say the system does a pretty good job of matchmaking once you get where you're "meant" to be.

For example, I think that I firmly belong in SR S (usually a few pips less than full, I am partial to a few delicate nudges here and there and I don't always do a good job of reacting quickly enough to incidents or staying on the track). I also think I'm an absolut mid-DR A. The thing about Driver Rating is that it's a totally fluid state and between races, sometimes you'll be paired with players who are slightly better than you and some when they are slightly worse.

There's not much point worrying too much about it, of you're spending less time practicing or playing other games you might have a temporary slip, or conversely, if you have favourable combos (or you just get yourself really dialled-in for a week or so) you'll see a spike on DR points.

The trick, in the end is to find that sweet spot where races are hard enough so that you are not able to cake-walk the opposition, but rewarding enough to make you feel like your time and effort is worth it. It'll always be a seesaw experience, unless you are particularly determined to refine your technique and philosophy.

As long as you play the game a reasonable amount each week, your DR & SR should reflect ON AVERAGE where you actually belong on the spectrum, and we all have an ability ceiling.

Regarding the DR-chase/fear of losing DR conversation, I have to say the system does a pretty good job of matchmaking once you get where you're "meant" to be.

For example, I think that I firmly belong in SR S (usually a few pips less than full, I am partial to a few delicate nudges here and there and I don't always do a good job of reacting quickly enough to incidents or staying on the track). I also think I'm an absolut mid-DR A. The thing about Driver Rating is that it's a totally fluid state and between races, sometimes you'll be paired with players who are slightly better than you and some when they are slightly worse.

There's not much point worrying too much about it, of you're spending less time practicing or playing other games you might have a temporary slip, or conversely, if you have favourable combos (or you just get yourself really dialled-in for a week or so) you'll see a spike on DR points.

The trick, in the end is to find that sweet spot where races are hard enough so that you are not able to cake-walk the opposition, but rewarding enough to make you feel like your time and effort is worth it. It'll always be a seesaw experience, unless you are particularly determined to refine your technique and philosophy.

As long as you play the game a reasonable amount each week, your DR & SR should reflect ON AVERAGE where you actually belong on the spectrum, and we all have an ability ceiling.
Same here, completely. I usually land in good races in low-to-mid-A lobbies, where I sometimes bottle it, but often finish somewhere in the middle or a bit above, sometimes (rarely) even on podium. But if the latter happens more than once, next race I find myself in a higher lobby with fast A drivers and even A+ drivers, where I'm not competitive at all, lose DR, and the cycle starts again. So, yeah, the matchmaking seems quite accurate.

BTW nice variety in the daily races this week. Which was to be expected, because I'm on holidays and can't race.🤪

The Weekly race guide is here for those that enjoy the entertainment / want strategy / want a lap guide. Race A the cars are to understeery and quick for that circuit in my opinion! Nice to see High Speed Ring return though! Daily Race C I suffer a brutal penalty to 😭

Same here, completely. I usually land in good races in low-to-mid-A lobbies, where I sometimes bottle it, but often finish somewhere in the middle or a bit above, sometimes (rarely) even on podium. But if the latter happens more than once, next race I find myself in a higher lobby with fast A drivers and even A+ drivers, where I'm not competitive at all, lose DR, and the cycle starts again. So, yeah, the matchmaking seems quite accurate.

BTW nice variety in the daily races this week. Which was to be expected, because I'm on holidays and can't race.🤪
happy holidays🏖️

Back