GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,591 comments
It's happened before where they haven't leaked in advance and they come as a surprise on Monday morning, I think that's better since it doesn't give people a whole weekend to practice and work out which cars/strategy will be the meta.
Back in the days of GT Sport, it was nice to get the advanced race info from KudosPrime. @Milouse was also able to provide the info on which car/cars would be used. The info on the cars was all I ever cared about.
The daily races, themselves aren't really important enough to bother with early practicing.
I was just glad to have some time to prepare new liveries. :D

Wooohhooo....finally cracked it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
For the first time since I got Gt7 in August 22 I have made it to Dr A. You have no idea how happy I really am, I know it doesn't mean a lot to most people but it does to me ๐Ÿ˜‰
Big massive virtual hug to @newmedia_dev (for setup)and @Tidgney (for your helpful track guides).
It won't last long but hey, I don't really care at the moment ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… 2 victories in the last 2 races just got me over the line ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘ I need a lie down now ๐Ÿ™ˆ
When it happens and you get landed in one the top split lobbies with Kie, Tidge, Rory, Digit and of course GotMaxPower don't worry about where you start just absolutely enjoy the moment of getting to race with them and enjoy it!

Well done mate, you've entered in to the 5% or 10% club?

๐Ÿ”ฅ

When it happens and you get landed in one the top split lobbies with Kie, Tidge, Rory, Digit and of course GotMaxPower don't worry about where you start just absolutely enjoy the moment of getting to race with them and enjoy it!

Well done mate, you've entered in to the 5% or 10% club?

๐Ÿ”ฅ
Thanks very much for that ๐Ÿ‘ I suppose I will just have to practice alot more before trying to race now ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Thanks very much for that ๐Ÿ‘ I suppose I will just have to practice alot more before trying to race now ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
You won't have to practice more (but it helps) but just focus on getting to what being on the pace is quicker. Finding the right gear or braking marker or apex speed in a few laps or a few watches of the replays.

Being a B/A driver you know how to drive it's just a matter of better consistency and identifying where you can find the pace you need.

Sometimes it's just about working on bringing it all together other times it's about understanding the performance envelope of a car (Gr4 4th gear exits for example can feel slow sometimes but are much quicker in some cars and corners etc)

The races will change over, it's not a abandoned old game live GTS was for the last couple of years. It's happened before where they haven't leaked in advance and they come as a surprise on Monday morning, I think that's better since it doesn't give people a whole weekend to practice and work out which cars/strategy will be the meta.

It's possible PD have changed their website to make it harder for the data miners to get the info but more likely they just haven't uploaded them yet, the usual schedule tends to get knocked out whenever they have one of their eSport sleepovers.

Yes I can imagine at your rank a level playing field is important, I hadnโ€™t thought about it like that.

Letโ€™s hope for some changes at the end of the month for the good of the game and fair, decent racing.

For the first time since I got Gt7 in August 22 I have made it to Dr A. You have no idea how happy I really am, I know it doesn't mean a lot to most people but it does to me ๐Ÿ˜‰
Big massive virtual hug to @newmedia_dev (for setup)and @Tidgney (for your helpful track guides).
It won't last long but hey, I don't really care at the moment ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… 2 victories in the last 2 races just got me over the line ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘ I need a lie down now ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Awesome ๐Ÿ™Œ

That is something I've wondered about since getting A+. At any given time, how many A+ and A drivers are there?
Based on the TT entries and dailies where @half_sourly does the stats there is a very small population of A+ drivers slightly larger A and by far the biggest category is B.

You can feel/see this as you move up the lobbies that they are populated by the same people most of the time and it's most apparent when the pool is small the lobby spread increases quite a bit.

I think from what I've played on the NA/CA/SA servers are by far the smallest player base across the board. You consistently get lobby spreads of A+ down to C

Not only is this a massive ability/pace spread it means gaining DR points is easier initially but way harder to maintain as you are less and less likely to be racing people with more than you to win from. So progression can slow.

Based on the TT entries and dailies where @half_sourly does the stats there is a very small population of A+ drivers slightly larger A and by far the biggest category is B.

You can feel/see this as you move up the lobbies that they are populated by the same people most of the time and it's most apparent when the pool is small the lobby spread increases quite a bit.

I think from what I've played on the NA/CA/SA servers are by far the smallest player base across the board. You consistently get lobby spreads of A+ down to C

Not only is this a massive ability/pace spread it means gaining DR points is easier initially but way harder to maintain as you are less and less likely to be racing people with more than you to win from. So progression can slow.
Here is a recent example showing numbers of drivers by rating taking part in a TT. The line to look at is total by rating, so 12 S, 2,555 A+, etc.

1720968597578.png

The engine swap makes it easy for 70 year old non-professionals/aliens like me too!

I've got my best ever QT position in this race, first time ever in the top 100 at P74 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I've still been stuck in races with people running 1 second a lap quicker though....

P78 now - forgot to mention, still 1 second behind @MOPARbarrett5 and @NAXEHT, P5 and P8 respectively.

Well done you guys!

Well I'm not gonna be up too much longer, I'm finishing my last few races the the NurbGP track. Race A really sucked this week. I'm being honest too. My SR was at a full bar yesterday, now it's almost empty. See most of the drivers that beat me take my DR and SR. And it tanks it.

Well I'm not gonna be up too much longer, I'm finishing my last few races the the NurbGP track. Race A really sucked this week. I'm being honest too. My SR was at a full bar yesterday, now it's almost empty. See most of the drivers that beat me take my DR and SR. And it tanks it.
Just finish the races or park it mate. Your SR will go up.

It's so so unfortunate that players who like daily A have been screwed over this week. It's not even like the tune was 1s quicker it's epic levels of being behind.

If we ignore the collector or roulette wall to obtain the optimum it's a pretty poor showing even from PD who don't publish anything at all ever.

these races are aimed at you Chris, guys who play the game and want the diversity.

A few of us on here want a different type of racing and that is absolutely ok.

You have done nothing wrong other than being upended by PD setting criteria you can't match. That sucks the fun out of racing

See most of the drivers that beat me take my DR and SR.
Your SR is not affected by being beaten. It's affected only by contact and driving off-track. If your SR is falling it's because you're not driving enough clean sectors and having contact or driving off-track (or both) too often.

Well, I never know what will happen in a race, I just have to deal with what comes up. It still puts a damper on my ranking status though. Honestly D drivers should not be grouped in lobbies with A-C drivers until their rank goes up.

Honestly D drivers should not be grouped in lobbies with A-C drivers until their rank goes up.
The primary matchmaking criterion is SR. Once your SR falls out of the top of S you can find yourself being paired with all sorts of people of different DR because their SR doesn't allow them into lobbies with those who habitually race clean.

Get your SR up and you'll find you're more often paired with people with the same DR - although it still happens that you will find more of a mix, especially if your DR is lower.

Well, I never know what will happen in a race, I just have to deal with what comes up. It still puts a damper on my ranking status though. Honestly D drivers should not be grouped in lobbies with A-C drivers until their rank goes up.
They absolutely should be Chris, it's how you learn.

Learning is the key at these levels it's like teaching you how to race not to win.

Edit:

In addition to what Famine said the reality is in the Americas your lobbies are much wider spread.

Generally you aren't racing the A/A+ guys YET, but you do have to race carefully

The lobbies you have had this week are those that have tuned/engined swapped and those that can't/didnt

I haven't done A this week but in B my lobbies even in Europe where it's fairly stacked were A+ to C

Not a lot of people are racing this week on the dailies because peeps don't gel with them.

Last edited:
Ok, well I'm fixing to go to bed, a fresh mind and body is the key to success. That's what I learned in school. So, I need to be up by 1-2am Monday morning. I usually like to be an early bird for the rotating of the races.

I did 22 races at NurbGP, that's enough for now. And only 6 at the Alsace course.

Last edited:
Well the A-A+ lobbies are....interesting ๐Ÿ™ˆ I just gave the last race sandwiched between 3 lunatic Italians ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… started 13th and finished 9th, I'm not going to last long here ๐Ÿคฃ
Lol, I had a Spanish guy ram me on Lap 2 of my 16th race at the NurbGP. I know the feeling of pain that you're experiencing. The best thing to do is keep your distance away from the crazies!

Same as my PSN in my signature glencooley66 ๐Ÿ‘
Just subscribed on Youtube. Will add you on PSN but I just shut down my PS5 for now after a very bad race result.

Had an SR B after horrible races yesterday. Upped it in Daily race A (to SR A) and made the mistake to try a daily B again. Couldn't be more wrong. Got punted until I was 16th. Also something real world happened that drove me off track. Now I'm back in SR B again. I better go full SR S in dailies A before I return to daily B or C.

Last edited:
After gaining A+, and soon got kicked down to 90% or so A, I found that the stress and pressure to keeping it at high A/going back to A+ actually took the fun out of racing. I'm a very ambitious, get almost possessed, when I engage. It became a must, and something that caused me to feel down since I was not able to put in all the time and efforts to maintain that rating.

So I created a new account (American based) and started completely fresh - no cars, no money, no meny books. Got my license, the menu books, and started to do some dailies. And it was absolutely massively fun. Just jumping in to a race, not QT 2-3 days to get a decent time, just pure fun racing. Sure, I have to look out for complete beginners, and those missing the brake marks, and others with zero sportmanship, but I'm pretty good by now to avoid them. But massively fun. I became BS during the first week, and I felt that this is where I belong. This is where I can do a casual race or two in an evening when I'm not travelling or hosting late meetings, or have personal commitments.

But I started to miss the possibility to compare my times with my friends from here, and also the lack of money meant that I couldn't buy the cars I wanted to race (in my colors), so an idea started to form in my head. I was going to downgrade my 90% A, to a medium or low B. That's what I've been doing for the past two weeks, and you cannot imagine how hard it is to downgrade. First of all, people are crashing left and right, so even if you are starting 16'th, finishing lower than 12-13 is unusual, also because some people just quit all over the place.

Right now I'm just a hair of A, so hopefully I will be B next week.

Why do I tell you this? Because chances are that you have seen me in races this and past week, where I've been the backmarker in race after race after race, and perhaps wondered what is going on. Now you know. Yesterday (or perhaps it was two days ago) I had Tidgney, Dreamcatcher, Gotmaxpower in two-tree races. I was super ashamed of course, actively trying to be last, but at the same time very impressed by the way you guys drive, you are so fast that you made me 100% sure I don't belong here.

Hoping now for a more laid back attitude from my side towards racing, and increased joy. Perhaps when I'm retiring (soon), I might aim for low A or so, since by then I should be able to put in some more time.

@skandiamannen if you really want to tank your DR ratings just do one lap and then park it in the pits - donโ€™t select tyres or fuel and youโ€™ll just sit there for the remainder of the race. No SR loss either as you would from quitting.
It's a fallacy though, you have great races for a few, you are much quicker and you just get back to where you were in less races.

I do the pit thing occasionally (this weekend) but my alt account now is the same level as my main, my US account is the same and the races are the same. Because not better or worse but just a bit quicker and more experienced. Your progress is accelerated from the day one stuff

Iโ€™m in the same place in B that you are in A and I understand completely. One thing I noticed, even though the race results may not be there, when I get knocked back, Iโ€™m faster from racing tougher competition.

Iโ€™m in the same place in B that you are in A and I understand completely. One thing I noticed, even though the race results may not be there, when I get knocked back, Iโ€™m faster from racing tougher competition.
Funny you mention that. My race laps running near the back in the 3 races I have done in A lobbies were the quickest I have done all week. It was mentioned earlier on here that it will help me in the long term and I think that is true. I fully expect to drop back to B at some point tomorrow but at least I know that I can do it if I try ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I think my biggest issue now is going to be my equipment, I only have a secondhand T248 wheel and T3pm ? pedals that cost me 170 euros, my monitor is only a small cheap acer that I got in a sale (100e). The rig I made up myself. I might see can I upgrade to something better but my wife is due in 2 weeks and we have also just restored our house so money is tight enough ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™ˆ I will see what races come up tomorrow, I might skip them altogether if the tracks are not great

Back