GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,118 comments
I've done 15 races so far at HSR, let's see if I can get to 30 of them by tomorrow evening. It is hard keeping my DR up because finishing anywhere after 10th, all the drivers that finish ahead of me take my hard earned DR away and then I have to start over from scratch. It's like trying to climb a ladder and someone throws tiny rocks to deter me from going up it.
Fifteen? Thirty?! Yeah, man. Take a break. I did nine races yesterday, and wanted to kick a puppy. That race is how super villains are made. Run away! Think of the puppies!

02f42c7fb9e5638109f979c601f56052.gif

Yes I've used "wall riding" to get my QT at HSR, ( forgive me for my sins) i try not to in the race.
This put me on pole most races with a few podiums but no wins.
Only 5 races, that's all I can take🤮

View attachment 1374163
I found that as well, starting pole gives you the cleanest chance at the first lap, the problem is you are a sitting duck on the last lap if anyone is close due to the slip or bump drafting.

Same for me, I did a few on each of my accounts and just can't face how little "racing" there is with the only place being the right/left to the tunnel.

Had wall penalties been sorted then possibly a different story.

It's basically an oval race.

Has anyone else noticed a major differences in tires after the pitstop on race C? I can run mid 1:26's on my first stint and after the pitsop I can't stop understeering. I can barely hit high 1:27's.

I'm racing the 911.

I still don't understand why my DR drops so drastically, I don't really run in to anyone, and I stay on the road as much as possible. It's ridiculous if you ask me how PD's point system is organized.

@D Quick I haven't done any C races yet so idk. Maybe someone else knows.

I still don't understand why my DR drops so drastically, I don't really run in to anyone, and I stay on the road as much as possible. It's ridiculous if you ask me how PD's point system is organized.
As already explained to you, DR is affected by your finishing position in a race.

You lose DR to people who beat you (more if their DR is lower than yours, less if their DR is higher than yours), and take it from everyone you beat (more if their DR is higher than yours, less if their DR is lower than yours). Typically you will need to finish in the top half to gain DR, while if you finish in the bottom half you will likely lose DR.

SR is the rating negatively affected by driving off-track and into things.

Well this past week, I've been finishing anywhere between 6-10th, out of a 16 player grid, so those aren't good results either. But I can't control what happens in a race everytime. It's unexpected. Thankfully DR isn't affected in the A races so I can finish dead last in those and still my DR would be safe.

I think this falls under FAFO 😇

The TT is a decent alternative to the Veyron for race B this week, without a slipstream it's hopelessly slow down the straight but it's fast enough to hang in the slipstream and has a lot more grip in the 2 corners, if you can get to there right on the leaders bumper on the final lap it will win.

Has anyone else noticed a major differences in tires after the pitstop on race C? I can run mid 1:26's on my first stint and after the pitsop I can't stop understeering. I can barely hit high 1:27's.

I'm racing the 911.
Im assuming your changing them?

Tried the change, but kept falling behind. Tending to do better with no tires or gas. Are you all changing tires on C this week?

PD should let us use softs, mediums and hards in each C race. At least we'll have a variety of options. Well I've got limited time, I gotta go do some more HSR races and maybe some Tokyo ones.

PD should let us use softs, mediums and hards in each C race. At least we'll have a variety of options.
That would mean spending a third (or more) of each race on an outlap or inlap.

Yes I'm going soft to new soft.
You have to treat it as a drive through penalty.

You don't get enough benefit for staying longer in there than anyone else.

The optimum strat for these things is p1 pit come out in to clean air and just be consistent. Or the inverse which is the L11 in to 12 if you have enough gap.

Pitting halfway through puts you in traffic and probably with people on differing strats. This is where you sometimes see some over ambitious drivers forcing the issue as you aren't really racing them if they pitted lap 1 and you haven't pitted, they are keen to get down the road. So while it looks like it's for position it's not in reality if you haven't pitted.

Nice. Haven’t done enough races to appreciate any patterns. But, it seemed that the tire change, for whatever reason, sets you back considerably on this one.

..can’t wait for the update. Wish there were more rumor mill on how it affects racing.

You have to treat it as a drive through penalty.

You don't get enough benefit for staying longer in there than anyone else.

The optimum strat for these things is p1 pit come out in to clean air and just be consistent. Or the inverse which is the L11 in to 12 if you have enough gap.

Pitting halfway through puts you in traffic and probably with people on differing strats. This is where you sometimes see some over ambitious drivers forcing the issue as you aren't really racing them if they pitted lap 1 and you haven't pitted, they are keen to get down the road. So while it looks like it's for position it's not in reality if you haven't pitted.
I appreciate the strategy info. Sounds like I shouldn't change tires at all.

However in my races last night I noticed that my second set of softs were way slower and not the same grip as the original. I didn't know if anyone else has encountered this or if it's a known issue.

I haven't had much time to race lately and don't remember it happening before.

You know since the C races are longer and you have to pit, they should double the value of DR/SR, because there is more concentration and work involved in those types of races. Normally, I just refuel and don't mess with the tires unless it's an emergency.
And to those who don't know, but not pitting results in a 1 minute penalty, so make time to do it.

However in my races last night I noticed that my second set of softs were way slower and not the same grip as the original. I didn't know if anyone else has encountered this or if it's a known issue.

Tires are colder out of the pits than starting the race. As it's deep forest I'd assume track temperature is changing as well.

There is also a lot of mentality stuff with these things, wanting to push harder on new rubber etc and that's not the way to extract laptimes.

Putting new tires on that aren't up to temp/im the optimum envelope is one of those weird tricks of the mind. The tire wear bar is full...I should be faster...the tire wear bar is 3/4 I have no grip....

Run a custom race with tire wear or do the Sardegna grind race, the operational performance of the tire is much larger than we think. Sure at alien levels it makes a difference. There are many races where I set the fastest lap on the penultimate lap or last lap on almost worn tires.

Feel the grip, don't watch the wear bar.

Yeah. I kinda dodged answering because with only two races changing tires it didn’t seem enough. Will say that during those first two, i was racing with 4 cars, for the first 6 laps. Our paces felt very similar. I changed, don’t think they did, and they all finished 10-15 seconds faster than I. Its kinda within the margin of error, but sorts fits what your saying 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The week before a big update and all.

You know since the C races are longer and you have to pit, they should double the value of DR/SR, because there is more concentration and work involved in those types of races.
It does for SR. Each clean sector brings you SR point. So Race C is a good place to recover SR quickly.

But DR does not work that way. DR is a close pool of points that everyone bring to the race. Finish in first half of the field to gain points and bottom half lose you points. Finish higher than an opponent of better DR and you steal points from him.

Got a lucky draft for my last race of the week at Deep Forest, starting 7th instead of 10-14th. Lots of 911 around me in the Ford, pitted halfway trough for tires (sketchy last two laps without tires change) and came in front of pole sitter who pitted lap 1 and got caught into traffic. Could not kept him behind and on the last lap I lost another position to another 911. Ended up 3rd, the only podium of the week.

It was my first Daily Race at Deep Forest and looking forward to run Road Atlanta another first for me next week.

Last edited:
Quiet week for me, I attempted 1 race b and was absolutely shafted on lap 1 by another Spanish lunatic. I set a poor QT time for race C and tried 2 races. Pure disaster, started 13th and finished 13th in the first race. Second race I started 14th and had made it up to 8th when the guys in front had a get together and I had nowhere to go, I ended up collecting a 4 second penalty through no fault of my own. I turned of gt7 and went back to GTA, that was cleaner 🤣🤣🤣 obviously my A has now gone back to B but I'm living in hope that the new set of dailies will be more kind 🤞

Back