GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,245 comments
Take the blue pill!

I'd like some/all of yours input on this race.

Non biased context framing.

Daily B, wall riding veyron fest

QT 3rd was hit by someone bouncing off the wall dropped me back. But I want you to see this race from another drivers perspective. Who doubled down saying it was all my fault.

TL:DR skip to the last lap, and go back from there to find the context.

Basically a torpedo because apparently I put him in the wall? Maybe, maybe not. If I did it didn't deserve the 130mph t-bone but kids in adult bodies 🤷‍♂️

Good lord that has hard to watch. Dude couldn't take turn 1 for his life. Hard to tell what happened at the end of lap 5. You got bumped off and then came back in and hit him on that long left. Regardless, the revenge punt was out of line. F that guy

Good lord that has hard to watch. Dude couldn't take turn 1 for his life. Hard to tell what happened at the end of lap 5. You got bumped off and then came back in and hit him on that long left. Regardless, the revenge punt was out of line. F that guy
He's doubling down on YT.

I'd like to think I have enough credibility in the whole community not just here that you know I wouldn't do crappy racing, that is not how I roll

Had a bit of fun last night from my second account. Not proud of it but I had to kill off 2 guys for pushing and shoving, guess they will hopefully learn for next time... But probably not. I didn't really push the wall riding too much, just a tad, enough to go cleanly through :D

And sorry for the poor video quality, for some reason my recording settings were set to default (low), and I only noticed when already uploaded to YT.

The switchback going into the tunnel on lap 5 was a textbook pass, otherwise it looked like you murdered two people on your path to first.

Anyone know a site like: http://www.gtdailies.com that also shows ALL player QT times voor the races (gtsh onlys shows top 50. Pretty useless feature in my book)? I used the website for a couple of weeks but now he went and made something "new and improved" which is not an improvement for me at all.

Gone are most player QT's but the fastest x. Gone is the ability to "download more times" now I have to load page by page and scrape it...

Such a shame when something "new" interferes with something that was "better"...

I miss Kudos.

Anyone know a site like: http://www.gtdailies.com that also shows ALL player QT times voor the races (gtsh onlys shows top 50. Pretty useless feature in my book)? I used the website for a couple of weeks but now he went and made something "new and improved" which is not an improvement for me at all.

Gone are most player QT's but the fastest x. Gone is the ability to "download more times" now I have to load page by page and scrape it...

Such a shame when something "new" interferes with something that was "better"...

I miss Kudos.
I like to know the races, a little bit FOMO but the whole stats to the points thing, I don't think we are losing anything.

If the stats are the measure then people only race to increase their stats.

If it's racing we want it's because people just race and learn more from racing than nursing stats.

It's a wicked problem in that there's not a right approach. I would and can make a strong argument that just race and TT experience our ranks any stats on a given day.

But I do like to check the sites for curiosity more than measuring metrics

Having so much fun at Deep Forest (likely only because I set a decent QT for once and can start front two rows).

Great battle with a German 911. We gapped the field at the start and I was chasing them for the first 6 laps, about 1.5 to 2 seconds back. They pitted lap 6 and changed tyres, I stayed out until lap 11. Haven’t had to change tyres in any race this week with the AMG and today it helped me jump to 1st - barely.

IMG_4547.jpeg

We went side-by-side through the first few corners. Their superior grip helped them get down the inside between the tunnels and make the pass.

IMG_4549.jpeg

I’ll take a close 2nd and a CRB any day. A couple more good results and I should be up to DR B.

IMG_4551.jpeg

... but the whole stats to the points thing, I don't think we are losing anything ...

If the stats are the measure then people only race to increase their stats.
... every second post by someone in this community is about DR and or SR and where they stand relative to their peers or how far along they are on route to level x? And you say we haven't lost anything because we don't have access to the DR standings anymore via Kudos? That's pretty strong...

Anyhow. gtdailies only does QT times and the site kind of misses the point if it only displays a small portion of the times. So I'm looking for a new source of information. You wouldn't happen to know one do you?

Last edited:
. every second post by someone in this community is about DR and or SR and where they stand relative to their peers or how far along they are on route to level x? And you say we haven't lost anything because we don't have access to the DR standings anymore via Kudos? That's pretty strong..
Because we are playing a game that replicates racing, the points are on the board every few weeks.

They don't "quit races" or ram people. They don't cherry pick the the races they do. That's racing, which this game is trying to replicate.

And in the same vain we have people complaining about race combos every week, in race behaviour etc.

I don't think finite numbers are the cause or causality of these things. Just those that do care and those that don't. Pretty much like the actual races we have.

Last edited:
... every second post by someone in this community is about DR and or SR and where they stand relative to their peers or how far along they are on route to level x? And you say we haven't lost anything because we don't have access to the DR standings anymore via Kudos? That's pretty strong...

Anyhow. gtdailies only does QT times and the site kind of misses the point if it only displays a small portion of the times. So I'm looking for
I am totally tied into DR rating, it just happens. This week none of the Daily races triggered my fancy so, strictly Time Trials for me... what a relief, me against me (and Im losing🤷🏼‍♂️).

Take the blue pill!

I'd like some/all of yours input on this race.

Non biased context framing.

Daily B, wall riding veyron fest

QT 3rd was hit by someone bouncing off the wall dropped me back. But I want you to see this race from another drivers perspective. Who doubled down saying it was all my fault.

TL:DR skip to the last lap, and go back from there to find the context.

Basically a torpedo because apparently I put him in the wall? Maybe, maybe not. If I did it didn't deserve the 130mph t-bone but kids in adult bodies 🤷‍♂️

Hmm, if that's how these races B are going this week:

1. my regret of missing out isn't killing me
2. why in the world did he take so much offence in one particular of so many instances of bumping and scratching each other, that he felt the need to launch the heat-seeking missile?

Well, kids sometimes... 😆

I am totally tied into DR rating, it just happens. This week none of the Daily races triggered my fancy so, strictly Time Trials for me... what a relief, me against me (and Im losing🤷🏼‍♂️).
This is what I mean, I do the same I race less. But I'm losing out on race craft practice vs other people. So it's yin and yang.

Yes the numbers move up and down (it's a points economy)

The thing I think personally is it's watching the numbers too closely, when it's the trend that matters not the day to day.

The only way to get better or more comfortable is just doing it. Be in the races you could have done rather than look at the stats you have.

That is my point, you only get better at a racing game racing or driving?

Numbers are cool but they don't move if you don't actually do anything to move them.

I miss Kudos.

Literally just went live today, shows the top 5000 (for current dailies, all the times for the rest of them) and you can filter by car and DR also
However it doesn't have all the dailies in history only starts from relatively recent dailies

Last edited:

Literally just went live today, shows the top 5000 (for current dailies, all the times for the rest of them) and you can filter by car and DR also
However it doesn't have all the dailies in history only starts from relatively recent dailies
Digit has been dropping some really cool stuff lately. Link bookmarked.

I did a short practice session before I went online and set a new time of 1:14.3XX. That might be my limit for now.

For my first race this evening I start P8. Some heavy contact and fighting in the wall ride turn and I try to grab some spots. Which doesn't work as a car is somehow shot across the track entering the "esses" and I get spun and fall to P16. So yeah, once again I'm collateral damage. I finish P13 with a clean race bonus. Yay...

My second race goes much better as I start P5 and finish P3 with a clean race bonus. P1, P2, and myself broke away from the field. P4 was on my tail towards the end of the race, but not a threat overall. I just bumped the wall on a few laps that prevents me from getting in the slipstream of P1 and P2.

My final race was total chaos. I was down in P8 again and I honestly don't know how I avoided all the wrecks, on purpose or otherwise, in front of me. I had the ice hockey "puck luck" and got away unharmed each time. On the final lap, I was in P6 after everything and two front runners wreck each other and I inherit P4. P3 has a terrible entry on the final turn and I take over the spot for another podium finish!

I think that will be all for me this week as I have stuff planned tomorrow through the weekend. It feels good to get back to some Sport mode.

This is what I mean, I do the same I race less. But I'm losing out on race craft practice vs other people. So it's yin and yang.

Yes the numbers move up and down (it's a points economy)

The thing I think personally is it's watching the numbers too closely, when it's the trend that matters not the day to day.

The only way to get better or more comfortable is just doing it. Be in the races you could have done rather than look at the stats you have.

That is my point, you only get better at a racing game racing or driving?

Numbers are cool but they don't move if you don't actually do anything to move them.
I agree 100%, even races that I dont do well in force me to improve but Im a numbers guy and I really stress the incremental gains and if Im not improving, I want to know why.
This week though, Im just cruising, playing with different cars on different tracks and racing against myself.
There are certain tracks that just seem to fit me, Monza, Le Mans, Spa etc. This weeks races, not so much.
The other thing Im really missing out on is tuning, the BoP races really eliminate that skill.

No, it was there before. I contacted the guy who runs it. Asked if he could load times in bigger batches. Said he couldn't. Stresses servers or something. But he mentioned he had a big project live soon. That was this one I guess. A collaboration between him and Digit Racing. Website is much more professional done, but in its new form has lost all its functionality I used it for.

I think it's a interesting discussion, not least because it's exploring that fine line between what's fun and what's a grind.

So, you avoid race combos you don't like? Don't you like them just because you aren't good at them?
How much practice would you need to change your opinion?
Can you be good at a particular combo and still claim not to enjoy it?
Is winning races the catch-all solution to changing your opinion of a circuit?

I think it's a interesting discussion, not least because it's exploring that fine line between what's fun and what's a grind.

So, you avoid race combos you don't like? Don't you like them just because you aren't good at them?
Interesting question.

I don't have to win. I rarely do. My goals are pretty modest: Set a QT/TT ranked 10K or better, and finish races P10 or better - ideally by gaining positions. Anything better is gravy.

There have been combinations for Daily Races that I knew I would enjoy, and did, like Gr.4 at Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, and Kyoto. They're like comfort food.

There have been combinations I didn't think I would enjoy, but did, like GT86/BRZ at Autopolis, Gr.4 at Interlagos, and Gr.4 at Dragon Trail (Seaside and Gardens). They quickly became some of my favorite races, with some fun battles.

There have been combinations I thought I would enjoy but didn't, like EG6 at Grand Valley, Gr.4 at Deep Forest, and Gr.3 at Spa with rain. No matter how many races I ran to try and give them a fair shake, they were rarely any fun. It's difficult to explain why.

And then there were the combinations that I knew I wouldn't enjoy, and mostly avoided, like Gr.1 at Interlagos, Gr.2 at Fuji with rain, and Super Formula at Suzuka. This is mostly due to my lack of skill, and lack of patience with my fellow humans.

I have found that I generally will attack tracks and/or cars that, initially, I wasn’t good at and, at least become adequate by Sunday. I’ve gone from DR-E in March to DR-B today. Two examples of tough races were Spa in the rain (dynamic weather) and last week in Interlagos where the best I could muster was a 4th but, they were a lot of fun. I couldn’t wait to race every day.

On the other end are, for some reason, tracks or cars that just don't resonate. My home track is Laguna Seca. I know that track very well and have watched a lot of races there but, the race there 2 weeks ago was just not fun, hard to pass, cars too slow etc. etc. Same with both the C and D races this week. I felt there wasn’t much for me to learn, and the racing just wasn’t my style, although an equal number of drivers talk about how much they love those tracks.

The best thing is that every week, we have new opportunities, there is no way that we are going to love all 52 weeks of Daily race tracks. The great thing is that there’s no reason to suffer for a week, I have settled on Time Trials this week and am having a great week.

Last edited:
Got me back in the mood for racing has race c this week, tyre management exercise at its finest. 3 seconds infront of 4th on last lap, finish eighth after front right going on the 2nd to last hairpin.
Screenshot_20240718_124921_PS App.jpg
neck and neck the whole race, was having a right ding dong battle

Last edited:

My point exactly. Since I tanked my 90% A to 90% B and decided to give up chasing A+, my stress level went down, and my fun level sky rocketed. I choose different cars I never tried before, run whatever track is next regardless if I'm P300 or P30000,, and just have fun. What I want is close clean battles, where car skills matter as much as mind games, if the position is P1/P2 or P12/P13 is completely irrelevant.

And I have so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I like to win. But if I don't, I just do one more race and try to learn from my mistakes. At least now I don't go waiting for "my combination" of GR, track, tuning, tire - I just race them all.

My point exactly. Since I tanked my 90% A to 90% B and decided to give up chasing A+, my stress level went down, and my fun level sky rocketed. I choose different cars I never tried before, run whatever track is next regardless if I'm P300 or P30000,, and just have fun. What I want is close clean battles, where car skills matter as much as mind games, if the position is P1/P2 or P12/P13 is completely irrelevant.

And I have so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I like to win. But if I don't, I just do one more race and try to learn from my mistakes. At least now I don't go waiting for "my combination" of GR, track, tuning, tire - I just race them all.
I wish I could think this way.

I do think that mentality is easier to have when you are fast and safe at the game and most of the people you race are largely fast and safe.

Its a lot less fun in other levels.

…and what might that look like? Track, class and distance?
How about Spa, Dry, Gr3 bop, 12 laps. Only allowed to qualify for 10 laps.

I know you guys like qualifying lap after lap and shaving of the tenths, but for me, someone who just got a few hours a week to play it’s impossible to compete for the higher spots.

Last edited:
Back