GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,239 comments
Well I guess I'll give the Veyron a few tries since it is the meta car. Now I am only having my TCS at 0-1 at all times. Idk about the brake balance and the other settings. What about the CSA, is it better to have it on weak or strong?
I actually disagree with everything @newmedia_dev said. :lol:
If you're using controller, always go with CSA Strong in every car, all the time. It will only help you with control. It will not slow you down at all.
It's the same with TCS1.
The brake bias isn't important.

*Edit: With the Veyron, TCS0 is fine. It's not likely to spin the tires.

Brake balance +5 (rear)

You don't need Counter Steer on for 4wd Gr4 cars and you won't need Traction Control either
No offense intended. I actually wrote my reply before I saw what you wrote. :)

Last edited:
Was all good mate, you know racing with a controller way way way better than me.

I would definitely say at HSR and the Veyron you won't need CSA on as there is nowhere the car transfers the weight enough to oversteer.

Edit:

No wall riding, but just grazed the last part of the Armco slightly drifting in to it.

Daily B 1:13.887 with an opt of 1:13.632

The last corner kills all my time either by going to high to fast or lifting to much and not holding 134mph through it.

IMG_0604.jpeg

Last edited:
I've only been using VR since this year and it's incredibly realistic. It's a bit difficult in the races, you don't see the other vehicles properly or you see them too late. It also depends on which car you're using.
Pure V.R. in GT7 Driver here.

I can agree with a portion of this, but - like when I drive a car on city streets - I look around me as much as possible.
In the Veyron the view to the rear is still good, but in other cars it's not possible at all. Another problem in races is that you can't see where your opponents are and who is/was in the pits.
zero lies detected. I do wish there was an option to have track position as one of the options (radar, brake balance, etc.) in the MFD menu.
I don't want to drive anything else, even if I can never move up. For me the feeling of driving a real racing car is great (and I know what it feels like in real life). Have fun with VR2.
Travel GIF by Expedia

Has anybody else noticed that you sometimes get more drivers with faster QTs when you drop down the rankings? - seems couterintuitive to me....
I suspect individuals in the lower levels may have a great qualifying lap but lack consistency. Perhaps they run off track (or into other cars) and have that one "golden lap" which puts them on the pole position.

On the east coast we drive like flaming arsehats, and i used to have a bunch of trucks without rearviews, so while this was natural for me to adapt too it may be hard for people who didn’t grow up driving the jersey turnpike etc
Grew up driving around our nation's capitol and I can confirm. Actually, it's worse around here than most places for specific reasons:
  • People who grew up in different parts of the world (Michigan, Miami, Morocco) sharing the same road because they support congress/diplomatic corps/etc.
  • As a result, weather expectations (and traffic expectations) are all over the place.
At least if everyone drives like Bo & Luke Duke, we all know what to expect.

A quick question for controller users, which is kinda off topic for the thread but I trust everyone here to give me good feedback...

Is it generally regarded that pushing the analogue stick 'all the way' is not the fastest way to drive? What I mean is, are there people out there who are achieving optimal steering angle without the support of the plastic rim?

Is the technique that nuanced or am I making things up in my head?

A quick question for controller users, which is kinda off topic for the thread but I trust everyone here to give me good feedback...

Is it generally regarded that pushing the analogue stick 'all the way' is not the fastest way to drive? What I mean is, are there people out there who are achieving optimal steering angle without the support of the plastic rim?

Not a controller user but when I was, the thing I remember is using the stick to poke the car in to a corner and then wind off as I accelerated. Just hitting the stop isn't a stick thing it's a speed thing.

In a perfect scenario you want to push the stick like a wheel, gradually. You can do that quicker or slower but hitting the stops aren't ideal.

It's the same with a wheel, some corners require very quick input others just feed the car in so you can accelerate as straight as possible and as smoothly as possible.

There are loads of pad users and Tidgney who will know way more than me but I I think generally the game takes in to account stick over steering

I actually disagree with everything @newmedia_dev said. :lol:
If you're using controller, always go with CSA Strong in every car, all the time. It will only help you with control. It will not slow you down at all.
It's the same with TCS1.
The brake bias isn't important.

*Edit: With the Veyron, TCS0 is fine. It's not likely to spin the tires.

Why is it that csa on strong doesn't slow a controller user down?

I find this interesting. I always try to use as few assists as possible (apart from. TCS on 1 or 2 in many cases). But if csa on strong can make my car more stable without losing speed, that sounds like I can gain some lap time or at least have a lesser chance of spinning out.

Why is it that csa on strong doesn't slow a controller user down?

I find this interesting. I always try to use as few assists as possible (apart from. TCS on 1 or 2 in many cases). But if csa on strong can make my car more stable without losing speed, that sounds like I can gain some lap time or at least have a lesser chance of spinning out.
All of the assists slow you down on certain combos, but they can make you faster and more stable.

You have to remember the assists are the car doing things for you that you aren't/can't the top people don't use any.

They help you to learn or compete but will always be the limiting factor at the sharp end of things.

At our levels use whatever makes you a safer, more consistent racer. There are no prizes for first or last nor for being the better or worse racer.

But there is alway kudos for finishing a tough race, being the one that gives the room and just being a sensible human.

Honestly my use of the analogue stick is not very, let's say, nuanced. I usually push it very hard and to the rim to get the tighter corners, because I can't do it any better. As far as I know, at least the tyre wear could be influenced positively by better and more sensitive steering modulation, so it maybe should be having an influence on how the car behaves. I just can't do it. My thumb sensitivity is more like, erm...:

IMG_4523.jpeg

After 7 races (3 wins, 6 podiums - and one bit of stupidity when I put the fuel mix to 5 instead of the brake balance, took me 4 laps to notice) I’m back up to DR C with the AMG.

View attachment 1372975

Only one CRB though, which is poor. Not contact (only 1 penalty in those 7 races when someone moved under braking into turn 1), just track limits and wall-brushing.
My CRB is atrocious but it's not from being dirty, I'm just prone to track limits 🙈

Well I guess I'll give the Veyron a few tries since it is the meta car. Now I am only having my TCS at 0-1 at all times. Idk about the brake balance and the other settings. What about the CSA, is it better to have it on weak or strong?
You don't really need TCS on hsr Chris.. I'm writing this quite a long time after you posted it but anyway, no TCS and bb at +5 although I did set the veyron at +4 but I have no idea what I'm doing anyway 😅😅

Controller user here as well. I drive with the sensitivity as high as it can go, ABS on weak. I play with the TCS depending on the corner. I haven't had any luck turning any of the other aids on. I'm almost always on Brake Balance at +5 with a few exceptions.

I'm having a blast at deep forest this week. Something about this track with GR3 cars makes it so much fun. I've seen plenty of Fords but my I set my Q time at a 1:25.5 in the 4C. But, the McLaren is by far my best car here in the race.

Had a super fun ending last night where the top 5 were all on a no-tire strategy, which I cant stand. Thought I was running for 2nd on the last lap but the leader ended up getting a significant penalty that they had to serve on the last lap, which made the final corner super interesting. Between the Suzuki and the draft I figured I had it won but came up .020 short. Here's the clip

All of the assists slow you down on certain combos, but they can make you faster and more stable.

You have to remember the assists are the car doing things for you that you aren't/can't the top people don't use any.

They help you to learn or compete but will always be the limiting factor at the sharp end of things.

At our levels use whatever makes you a safer, more consistent racer. There are no prizes for first or last nor for being the better or worse racer.

But there is alway kudos for finishing a tough race, being the one that gives the room and just being a sensible human.
I used TCS on 1 for all my races last week at the nur b, purely as a safety net as the races were so close. I didn't use it at all for the Glen. I'm having a couple of pints tonight (benefits of having a bar in the family) but I aim tomorrow to do race C with the Ford with no assists, it's a good stable car to not have to use them 👍 Edit: Baby on way means I have to make the most of these 😅

Attachments

• 20240716_205457.jpg
    20240716_205457.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Analog stick user since GT hit the market. That said, I won't be ranked DR S EVER, so take it for what it's worth.😁

I think the biggest immediate benefit from smoothing out steering inputs is going to be decreased tire-wear. But I also think it'd make you faster, better able to respond to the unexpected, etc once you get dialed in to it. In the end, no different than throttle and brake inputs. The smoother you get 'em, the faster you go. Well, that's what I keep reading around here, anyway. I was never good at head-shots in RPG's, threading the perfect apex has proven similarly elusive.🤣

This approach should horrify some. I know I can slap the stick to the max and it's gonna take a bit for it to actually get to full lock. The red dot moves WAY slower than the actual stick movement, which is the black magic input smoothing they do. I guess what I've acclimated to over the years is going all in and easing off to match the corner/throttle/speed. That's just what I do, and it's a bit of a fear factor with moving to a wheel...imma hafta change erryting with how I drive. I'm sure some would thank me.:cheers:

Last edited:
I've been a controller user since my first ever day of the Playstation console, my first ever GT game was gt3. I tried turning the ABS off and ran around the High Speed Ring to practice and all of a sudden my tires got stuck and I spun out. I hit the wall near the tunnel.

@Tazzy-91 I got your message, thank you for the tips. I'll try to find a ghost that is slightly quicker than me and load it, also having the ghost reset at each sector is a useful tool as well, because you can follow their exact lines and braking points for the track. I used this tool for a majority of the game ever since I bought it in October 2022.

I got my qualifying time down to a 1:14.5XX and that was a nice way to start my night. I have another tenth of a second somewhere but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Race 1 has me in P5 and not much happens. I was defending P3 against a Huracan and they could not get past me. They looked like they were going to stick a nose in and shove me aside after the wall turn, but they backed out. P2 had a penalty on the last lap and I snag that and that was cool and get a clean race bonus.

My second race has me in P4 to start and on the opening lap I over rev the engine and lose speed. I also get "stuck" on the outside wall in the final corner. I fall to P8 but I put my head down and get back into P4. On the last lap, P5 doesn't compensate for the slipstream and sends me into the wall. Annoying, but I've done that too. The lead was big enough that I didn't lose P4. The car that hit me had a 1.5 second penalty so I still would have been P4. I also got the clean race bonus which was unexpected.

My final race had me in a Big Boy lobby full of mainly A rank drivers. I had one of my best races in GT7 as I held my own in the lobby. My only mistake is coming down on another driver as I was taking my normal line in turn 1. I left the door open and they went for it probably thinking I would see them. Fortunately, I only got a little sideways and they got away just fine so no real harm. I finish P7 with a 3rd clean race bonus and call it a night.

I got my qualifying time down to a 1:14.5XX and that was a nice way to start my night. I have another tenth of a second somewhere but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Race 1 has me in P5 and not much happens. I was defending P3 against a Huracan and they could not get past me. They looked like they were going to stick a nose in and shove me aside after the wall turn, but they backed out. P2 had a penalty on the last lap and I snag that and that was cool and get a clean race bonus.

My second race has me in P4 to start and on the opening lap I over rev the engine and lose speed. I also get "stuck" on the outside wall in the final corner. I fall to P8 but I put my head down and get back into P4. On the last lap, P5 doesn't compensate for the slipstream and sends me into the wall. Annoying, but I've done that too. The lead was big enough that I didn't lose P4. The car that hit me had a 1.5 second penalty so I still would have been P4. I also got the clean race bonus which was unexpected.

My final race had me in a Big Boy lobby full of mainly A rank drivers. I had one of my best races in GT7 as I held my own in the lobby. My only mistake is coming down on another driver as I was taking my normal line in turn 1. I left the door open and they went for it probably thinking I would see them. Fortunately, I only got a little sideways and they got away just fine so no real harm. I finish P7 with a 3rd clean race bonus and call it a night.
Hello, I'm Chris, I don't know if we've met before, but I have been playing gt7 for a year and a half, 19.5 months to be exact. I'm gonna add you on my friends list later on tonight or tomorrow. I think I'm a second and a half behind you in the QT standings. So, I need to polish up my skills at HSR. Are you good at using the Veyron, it is specified as the meta car for this course.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Chris, I don't know if we've met before, but I have been playing gt7 for a year and a half, 19.5 months to be exact. I'm gonna add you on my friends list later on tonight or tomorrow. I think I'm a second and a half behind you in the QT standings. So, I need to polish up my skills at HSR. Are you good at using the Veyron, it is specified as the meta car for this course.
Hi, I don't believe I've seen you around before I dipped out of GT7 around January of this year. I'd say I'm decent in the Veyron, but I'm still half a second behind some others on my friend list. Those are some of the top people (in my opinion) on this thread so as long as I'm close I know my race pace will be fine. My advice would be to just practice, practice, practice in the time trial to get your time down. I'm sure others have told you this as well.

Last edited:
Controller user here as well. I drive with the sensitivity as high as it can go, ABS on weak. I play with the TCS depending on the corner. I haven't had any luck turning any of the other aids on. I'm almost always on Brake Balance at +5 with a few exceptions.

I'm having a blast at deep forest this week. Something about this track with GR3 cars makes it so much fun. I've seen plenty of Fords but my I set my Q time at a 1:25.5 in the 4C. But, the McLaren is by far my best car here in the race.

Had a super fun ending last night where the top 5 were all on a no-tire strategy, which I cant stand. Thought I was running for 2nd on the last lap but the leader ended up getting a significant penalty that they had to serve on the last lap, which made the final corner super interesting. Between the Suzuki and the draft I figured I had it won but came up .020 short. Here's the clip

Same here! After dropping to a D rating on the horrific Nürburgring and deciding not to race anymore that week (luckily I had a music festival that weekend), I’m now enjoying Race C with multiple top 5 finishes thanks to fewer mistakes and some close, clean racing

After dropping down to DR C (and SR B...) a few days ago. I decided to just have fun and gave the High speed ring some tries. After 5 races I am now back in DR B. I started from pole 4 times, claimed victories twice, another two 2nd place finishes, and a 12th after someone retaliated.

There was some side by side contact between us, with me ending up in front of him and he touched the barrier in turn 2. I was in doubt whether I should give the place back, when he rammed me off in the next turn. At the end I still finished in front of him.

One of my victories happened after P2 made a tiny mistake in lap 1, so I could just about escape from the slipstream. The whole race there was 1.5 - 2 seconds between us. Interesting that the part where he gained on me was the start/finish straight and turn 1, even when I went full throttle through the last turn. We both drove the Veyron. Can it be that his exit speed after the s-turns was better? The gaining only happened about turn 1 though.

Back in DR B I decided to do one more HSR race to see what was the competition about. Started and ended 5th. Not bad. Due to hitting the barrier at the last turn in lap 1 I dropped down to P8 or P9. Could fight my way back and was 6th before the final turn. P5 hit the barrier so I could overtake him. That's when he decided to try to ram me out just before the finish line. Because I half expected this it failed and I finished in front of him. Why are people like this. Failing yourself and still trying to take it out on others.

Most other racers were pretty clean though! I also never had as many CRB's as now at this Daily race B. Not too difficult to keep it on track. So I was also happy to see I'm back in SR S after the final race.

Last edited:
I guess the Veyron is the meta car for HSR, see I'm using the Scirocco car. It handles the turns and corners okay but it's still not giving me enough speed for the lap. I could try the 650S, but I don't think that's the right option either. I have to choose my car's wisely as my time is limited this week. I still have ABS set at weak and the TCS set at 1. So that should be helping me get ome grip and control on my lap.
I used the nsx, I drove around 1.17. Than I tried TCS on 2 and 3. 1.15 and really fun to drive.. Just tip on the breaks shortly, in the wall rider curve and overtake the bugs inside

it's too late in the week now that PD will fix anything with the wall riding now.

And my initial trials made me think it's was more tricky than it actually is. Did 7 laps this afternoon and did it penalty free 6/7 times

I know how a time that is 164 on the global leaderboard. I cannot see a way you could go much faster than that without wall riding.

And that lap included a near as damn it full throttle last corner.

I definitely don't think it's an in race strategy for most people and with the slipstream and just general racing carnage QT is less important in this combo anyway.

Just a very weird thing that PD won't or can't fix. Typically they would up the collision but for some reason they haven't done that and in extremes they change the race entirely.

I wonder if this is some sort of experiment.

Last edited:
I suspect individuals in the lower levels may have a great qualifying lap but lack consistency. Perhaps they run off track (or into other cars) and have that one "golden lap" which puts them on the pole position.
That's me mate - started pole in DF in a very low A lobby, ended 12'th. However not because I run into any cars or go offtrack, more others punt me around. My 911 get's eaten by the Fords twice per lap on the straights, and when I outbrake them they shoot me.
The trick, in the end is to find that sweet spot where races are hard enough so that you are not able to cake-walk the opposition, but rewarding enough to make you feel like your time and effort is worth it. It'll always be a seesaw experience, unless you are particularly determined to refine your technique and philosophy.

As long as you play the game a reasonable amount each week, your DR & SR should reflect ON AVERAGE where you actually belong on the spectrum, and we all have an ability ceiling.
Completely agree. For me, high B low A is where I belong. Maximum pleasure, win sometimes, get last sometimes, all with very little QT grinding.
I wonder if this is some sort of experiment.
:lol: Sounds like my life!

Sounds like my life!
Take the blue pill!

I'd like some/all of yours input on this race.

Non biased context framing.

Daily B, wall riding veyron fest

QT 3rd was hit by someone bouncing off the wall dropped me back. But I want you to see this race from another drivers perspective. Who doubled down saying it was all my fault.

TL:DR skip to the last lap, and go back from there to find the context.

Basically a torpedo because apparently I put him in the wall? Maybe, maybe not. If I did it didn't deserve the 130mph t-bone but kids in adult bodies 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Had a bit of fun last night from my second account. Not proud of it but I had to kill off 2 guys for pushing and shoving, guess they will hopefully learn for next time... But probably not. I didn't really push the wall riding too much, just a tad, enough to go cleanly through :D

And sorry for the poor video quality, for some reason my recording settings were set to default (low), and I only noticed when already uploaded to YT.

Last edited:
Back