GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,294 comments
Improved my NSX Gr.4's Race B QT to a 1:15.278. Still too stubborn to change cars or ride walls, but my day went better than expected, having only one race where I failed to gain positions.

Race 1: Started P14. On Lap 4, a Veyron damaged my rear bumper going into Turn 3, rubbed me into the wall coming out of Turn 6, and gets ahead of me. On the last lap, that same Veyron scraped the wall off the final corner, letting me close up pretty quickly. I had the draft and some speed, but they did a late block. Finished P12.

Race 2: Started P12. On Lap 2, a Veyron damaged my front bumper out of Turn 2, collected a 3.0 second penalty, and decided to plow into another Veyron at Turn 4, before quitting. I found myself in P10, but I got Turn 6 a bit wrong, and started Lap 3 in P13. Finished P11.

Race 3: Started P10. Everyone kept murdering themselves and each other. I couldn't catch the lead cars, but didn't have too much trouble maintaining a gap to the cars behind me, finishing a lonely P5.

Race 4: Started P11. Everyone kept murdering themselves and each other. Again. Stop the Veyron-on-Veyron crime, yo! Finished with another P5, my best result of the day, when factoring in positions gained:

Race 5: Started P14. Significantly less murder in this race. They must've heard my pleas. Finished P13. Uh... murder each other more? Please?

Race 6: Started P14. On Lap 5, a Veyron unghosted right out of the tunnel, so of course I hit them, which got me plowed from behind. Tumbled down the order from P10, to finish P14 (last, after DNFs).

…and what might that look like? Track, class and distance?
Well, since PD will obviously see my response and act on it, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Daily Race C, 2 laps (3 if there's time), Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars. (And I know I always say I don't have the attention span for the longer races, but the 'Ring is a special case.)

We've had exactly 1 event with Nürburgring Nordschleife in Daily Race C. Almost exactly 2 years ago. It was right when I started doing daily races, and it's what got me addicted. Little did I know they were just 🤬ing with me.

We had a Race A with it a little while ago, but it was with road cars. Ugh.

And for those of you who think doing Nürburgring Nordschleife with Gr.3 cars is stupid, I really don't care. Just don't give it to us with road cars.

I mean, to me, GT7 having Nürburgring Nordschleife as a track, but never taking it out to play in daily races, is like owning a supercar and never driving it. What's the point? Yes, I know they use it in Manufacturers races or whatever, but I only do daily races. So this is where I want it.

You asked what I wanted, remember? LOL.

Well, since PD will obviously see my response and act on it, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Daily Race C, 2 laps (3 if there's time), Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars. (And I know I always say I don't have the attention span for the longer races, but the 'Ring is a special case.)

We've had exactly 1 event with Nürburgring Nordschleife in Daily Race C. Almost exactly 2 years ago. It was right when I started doing daily races, and it's what got me addicted. Little did I know they were just 🤬ing with me.

And for those of you who think doing Nürburgring Nordschleife with Gr.3 cars is stupid, I really don't care. Just don't give it to us with road cars.

I mean, to me, GT7 having Nürburgring Nordschleife as a track, but never taking it out to play in daily races, is like owning a supercar and never driving it. What's the point? Yes, I know they use it in Manufacturers races or whatever, but I only do daily races. So this is where I want it.

I mean, I'll never complain about more Nord. But they've had the Endurance and 24 Hour layouts on the docket (and in Gr3) since then. It's also been a part of the GTWS list a handful of times, too (yes, I realize this is the Daily Race thread, but just throwing it out there). I don't have the full list, but I have replays saved of:

4/2023: Nord Endurance, Manu Cup
5/2023: N24 Daily C
6/2023: Nord Endurance, Manu Cup
12/2023: N24, Manu Cup
3/2024: Nord Endurance, Manu Cup
5/2024: N24, Manu Cup

So it's been featured for sure. And, with full weather as well as day-to-night transition. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a Daily more often, but there may be other opportunities. If you're not doing the GTWS races I'd recommend you do. There is an exhibition season going on now, but no Nord this round.

0ef0b6d2d428cc8d4a1f741b75f8b3e1_photo.webp

I see a lot of people that don't want to do the week's dailies for one reason or another. If you want to try the dailies in a stress free, fun setting without DR/SR loss and idiot drivers, come join our weekly lobby tomorrow night. We do 2 each of the dailies and bonus races which feature combos PD would never consider. For you VR users, this week's bonuses are in open wheel cars culminating in a lap at Nurb 24h in the Karts under the stars. :D Click below for details.

Last edited:

I'm an enemy of the Nords track, it is way too long and I can never score a lap under 9 minutes in any Group 3 or 4 car. It is worse doing it with road cars because they are heavier than other classes of cars in the game. I know from two years experience with GTsport. Doing 2 years of the sport mode there. I'm surprised that there isn't a wide variety of players doing races this week, I didn't think HSR was a boring track. I like some of the scenery there and the people/crowd there watching us drive.

Ugh. I probably should do the RA race, I definitely need the practice there, but I loathe sector 1 so much.
Maybe it'll just be a free practice week.

Last edited:
Wow, we will be doing Spa again!? I will most likely take a shot at RA this time as I want some different fun and competition out there, I need to mix up the variety a bit. I think next week wiil be awesome in terms of the car and track combos, what do you all think? I think PD finally might have made it a perfect week for once!

It seems that we have another great week ahead!
Lets hope for Miatas at Tsukuba.

The current week has the best combo for racing IMO.
GR3 in Deep Forest is a blast and the american lobbies have been stacked since monday.

The track is perfect. Technical sectors, long straight, a hairpin and several points to overpass.
I wish they repeat this combo as many times as possible :lol:

1721394131684.png

Last edited:
It seems that we have another great week ahead!
Lets hope for Miatas at Tsukuba.

The current week has the best combo for racing IMO.
GR3 in Deep Forest is a blast and the american lobbies have been stacked since monday.

The track is perfect. Technical sectors, long straight, a hairpin and several points to overpass.
I wish they repeat this combo as many times as possible :lol:

View attachment 1373733
Agree

Good length, soft tires, nice racing.

How about Spa, Dry, Gr3 bop, 12 laps. Only allowed to qualify for 10 laps.

I know you guys like qualifying lap after lap and shaving of the tenths, but for me, someone who just got a few hours a week to play it’s impossible to compete for the higher spots.

Personally I don't enjoy doing QT for the sake of improving myself and a higher starting position, but found its necessary to avoid the mess most "races" are P6 and lower. If the racing in the middle and back of the pack would resemble a real race and the wreckfest it is a.t.m. I would probably never QT myself and focus on racecraft/enjoying the race. But as things are now, I have no choice but to devote time to QT. That does however have the effect I do drive better lines/techniques than without those.

Also, I enjoy the making livery part of the game and I currently don't have an Alt account because it would be tedious for me to keep my liveries, stickers and such in 2 accounts up to date.

I love Spa but Road Atlanta is good also. I’m glad I took this week off, I’m ready to go. I may stay up until midnight to get that first race in on Monday a.m.

I wonder how they do the BoP, my preference is to use one of my own cars from the garage but they are always very slow so I end up using a rental meta.
I am sadly away until Wednesday so probably won't get much racing in on what looks like a solid week. Tracks are good, potential cars are good.

I just won't be up to pace come Thursday so will be a blood bath for me 🤣.

Wall riding.....🤣

IMG_0613.jpeg

Also as a side note does everyone like the next weeks races being posted? Or would people check them for themselves if they want to?

Edit: @Seth_Logan just create styles on one account and share it, then download it on the other account would save having duplicates of the assets?

Last edited:
Hmm, a category I enjoy (Gr.4) at a track that gives me fits (Road Atlanta)? What could possibly go wrong! 😶

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6a425356724f766b547150686b773d3d2d3530333332363934302e3134666432356539383366343766376233353733373839323333332e676966
A bunch of carnage and chaos could occur, that's what could go wrong. Or there might be people fighting for positions on the track. (1st,2nd,3rd,etc.)

That's why half the time I avoid the C races.

Spa on hards, such a missed opportunity.

The last time at spa gr3 with mediums was a happy hunting ground for me at BS, let’s see how this goes.

Happy actually there is a real racing track back
Yes, and I'm guessing the Mclaren 650S will be the meta car? I remember from one of the races back in the winter or spring of this year. Driving on hards are much better than using mediums.

My point exactly. Since I tanked my 90% A to 90% B and decided to give up chasing A+, my stress level went down, and my fun level sky rocketed. I choose different cars I never tried before, run whatever track is next regardless if I'm P300 or P30000,, and just have fun. What I want is close clean battles, where car skills matter as much as mind games, if the position is P1/P2 or P12/P13 is completely irrelevant.

And I have so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I like to win. But if I don't, I just do one more race and try to learn from my mistakes. At least now I don't go waiting for "my combination" of GR, track, tuning, tire - I just race them all.
Very well said.
In my case, currently a slow high DR.B at Deep Forest. I race with Ford GT (the newer one) with a QT of 1.27.0 which put me in the lower 5 place. What am I racing for then... simply a better positon than my starting position, door to door racing, consistent lap and mistake free race.

I do not put the ultimate qualification time either, because then when you jump in cold for your first race of the day, you can't replicate this kind of lap and you end up racing in your mirror with big pressure from cars behind which never end well.

As the end of the week approach, I generally put a better QT and try one of the Meta (still in the mid pack). So today I jump in the Ford GT Spec II and shove 0.5 sec of my previous QT.
For me it's the fact they never use Dynamic weather in the Dailies.

Cheers

53867743805_9af268338b_c.jpg

Yes, and I'm guessing the Mclaren 650S will be the meta car? I remember from one of the races back in the winter or spring of this year. Driving on hards are much better than using mediums.
It will be the GTR or Genesis, depending on the mood off the pace setters early on.

For most of us on race hards 60% of the cars are viable.

You have to remember it's only meta if everyone can drive close to how they do. Otherwise like every other race, consistency and awareness are more important than the car.

When everyone is driving the same car then you have a choice, but realistically that choice is limited with BOP at the moment. It's not bad at all just the combos favour cars but again that's ok. We play to race and place not everyone is a winner

Told myself to abandon Race B, unless I could break the 1:15 barrier with a wall-free QT in the NSX... so I did a 1:14.849. Alrighty then! 😅

My first three races: My best start was P12 (my worst was P14). My best (and worst) finish was three P14s, with two of them being last (after DNFs).

My rating dropped down from a B/S to a C/S.

My next six races: My best start was P3 (my worst was P10). My best finish was three P4s (my worst was P11). I finished five races P10 or better.

My rating got bumped up from a C/S, back to a B/S.

Well, that's enough of that! Maybe I'm not stubborn. Maybe I'm a masochist. Maybe something something repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results something. Good Lord... maybe I'm my user name! 😮

Today was a massacre. Never mind the corners, I guess it's too difficult for some people to make passes on a straight without contact, even when they're given more than half a track's width of space? So many cars hastily getting back onto the racing line, despite being significantly slower due to contact with a wall, another car, or penalties. Too many sloppy Veyrons that did not appreciate getting passed, several overly ambitious Huracans, a divebombing chode in a Supra, and a Corvette that woke up and chose violence against the back half of the field. 😤

My best result, when you factor in positions gained:

An NSX bump drafting a Veyron is like slapping someone with a limp wrist. 😅

Last edited:
Did the first online race (Race B, Gr.4 on High Speed Ring) in more than a year. My driving skill dropped significantly shortly after getting PSVR2 (and my driver rating down to class C), and somehow I simply haven't felt like racing online again all this time.

Well, it went pretty well. Started on pole position and finished third, in the Ferrari against an entire field of Bugattis. The Bugattis seem to gain much more speed in and out of the the first long corner, so I'm not feeling too bad about losing two positions. A simple but fun race.

Last edited:
I've done 15 races so far at HSR, let's see if I can get to 30 of them by tomorrow evening. It is hard keeping my DR up because finishing anywhere after 10th, all the drivers that finish ahead of me take my hard earned DR away and then I have to start over from scratch. It's like trying to climb a ladder and someone throws tiny rocks to deter me from going up it.

I've done 15 races so far at HSR, let's see if I can get to 30 of them by tomorrow evening. It is hard keeping my DR up because finishing anywhere after 10th, all the drivers that finish ahead of me take my hard earned DR away and then I have to start over from scratch. It's like trying to climb a ladder and someone throws tiny rocks to deter me from going up it.
When the fun stops, so should you.

It's not a fun race this week mate, go do some circuit experiences or missions in the game. Or gold them licences anything other than race HSR. Your ratings will be there when you go back to it 👍

Last edited:
Back