GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,155 comments
My lap times seem to be a second or two slower after the update. I changed from the Renault to the Supra for this race and it worked good enough for a Q3 and P3, although the P3 was only enabled by the two players who passed me spinning out on turn 1. That's okay, I'll take it! :cool:

View attachment 1375919
Wow, that's awesome progress. Keep it up mate, :)
How many total wins did you accumulate in the game?

Wow, that's awesome progress. Keep it up mate, :)
How many total wins did you accumulate in the game?
Thanks! This is only my second or third podium finish in GT7. On GTSport I had quite a few, but that was when I had a wheel and lots of free time after I lost my wife of 52 years to Alzheimer's. Since then I have remarried and moved to northern idaho, almost to the Canadian border, to clear land and build a small off-grid cabin with my new wife. No room for a wheel, and not much time for racing. I'm no longer very competitive, racing mostly for relaxation.

Thanks! This is only my second or third podium finish in GT7. On GTSport I had quite a few, but that was when I had a wheel and lots of free time after I lost my wife of 52 years to Alzheimer's. Since then I have remarried and moved to northern idaho, almost to the Canadian border, to clear land and build a small off-grid cabin with my new wife. No room for a wheel, and not much time for racing. I'm no longer very competitive, racing mostly for relaxation.
Hey, how is your WI-FI connection? I know you live in Idaho, I tried to do a race at Spa and my connection went out on Lap 3.

I'm gonna step away from racing for a while.

When the fun stops, so should you.

Enough is enough for me personally, it's all a bit thirsty in B and A/A+ lobbies and that's not my thing.

Good luck and have fun racers! 🤙 hang loose peeps, and Chaka bras's
I stepped away from Sport racing last week and had a great week just playing with different stuff like tuning, time trials, custom races etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We use Brightspeed, we have the highest speed internet at $60 a month. Fiber optics is the best IMO.
I had fiber when I lived in the city, but now that the nearest US town is about 30 miles away, I'm afraid fiber installation might cost more than what I paid for the land. :)

Sorry you lost your Wife, especially to Alzheimer's. Your personal recovery is nothing short of amazing, and that's before you start doing the math. Unless you got married when you were, I dunno, seven, you're no spring chicken. To jump into that lifestyle/level of work is inspirational and bolsters my opinion that, when you stop movin', you start dyin'. The most "seasoned" (not a fan of the word old as I fit the description more and more🤣) people I've known were the ones out there still swinging a chainsaw around into their 80's. Might not hit the right tree, but it's all relative.😁

To keep things on-topic, Spa freakin' rules!

Seriously, was so over the fact that I couldn't hit the times I was before at RA that I caught myself saying '...this sucks...' so knew it was time to move-on. Luckily I hadn't spent much time qualifying at Spa so, physics be damned, I was able to knock some time off my Q and get into some good racing. We'll see if that holds through the day.

:cheers:

EDIT
You are surrounded by materials to make a "wheel house" off to the side, no??? Call it The Racin' Cabin!😁

Last edited:
Well that was a whirlwind of a race! Logged into B-account and only had time for 1 lap before the race started. I was in a rush and usually, I race Road Atlanta with the G70 but was still in the 650S, which is not as stable. Anyhoo..

I start in P12 and first lap goes well, no issues with traffic but as soon as T1 comes on Lap 2, dude behind me just ploughs through me and keeps pushing me until I spin onto the grass. Nice! I decided to pit on that lap and exit in P15 due to losing time and also a couple of drivers behind me hadn't pitted yet.

Some interesting moments during the race, managed to avoid a particular incident by inches when a driver was chasing me and another exited the pits and missed me by a hair! They collided and the one who came from the pits soon left the tarmac again..

Things get interesting around Lap 10/ 11 as the guy behind me in a G70 is fast, a bit aggressive but also fair! We had a great 4 laps with him chasing, me having to use my sneaky Maltese brain a couple of times to defend by doing a switcheroo or take the inside wisely.

We head into the final straight of the race having managed to climb back up to P10. Unfortunately, he was a bit overzealous into the braking zone and cut me off and we touched. Nothing dramatic but I essentially lost 2 places within 2 seconds. However, the other car which overtook me didn't exit cleanly so I was able to out-drag him up the hill and crossed the finish line in P11.

Highlights below :)

Hopped into some Race C action with the NSX Gr.4. Feels weird having some performance on the straights. For some reason, my race pace rarely dipped below a woeful 1:26, but I was still able to finish all six races P10 or better. Tire wear was decent (over 50% remaining). Racing was mostly clean and respectful, but there were a handful of sloppy divebombs and shoving, so I might need to see some certificates*.

Race 1: Started P6. Dove into the pits at the end of Lap 1 to calm down after royally screwing up Turn 5. Finished P10.

Race 2: Started P3. Was a lonely P2 for much of the race. Came out of the pits on the final lap, smack dab in the middle of a four-way battle for P3. Wasn't being situationally aware, and got bumped off at The Esses. Coulda woulda shoulda tucked in and made a move on the back straight. Finished P8.

Race 3: Started P6. A brain dead solo spin out of Turn 5 on the final lap cost me several positions. Finished P9.

Race 4: Started P4. Came out of the pits behind the leader on the final lap, but lost P2 after I had a bobble coming out of the first chicane. Held on for a P3 podium.

Race 5: Started P4. On Lap 1, an Aston pushed a McLaren into me heading the final corner to start Lap 2, leaving me P12. Salvaged another P8 finish.

Race 6: Started P5. Near the end of Lap 3, an Italia wiped me out at the top on the crest of Turn 11. Immediately dove into the pits to calm down. Salvaged another P9 finish.

*Ahem...

tumblr_ni5dsj0bl01ruqqm0o1_400.gif

full

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm sorry you lost her. One of my aunts died a year ago from stage 4 cancer. So I know the feeling of devastation there. I hope you are recovering well from that incident. Maybe you winning more daily races will get your esteem up, :)

So Bathurst is next week, its my fave track so after I got tired of being punted in the esses on Road Atlanta this evening, I took some Gr.3 cars around the mountain and wow... the update... its forget what you know time for me with the new physics.

I'm a casual player on a G29, but have put many laps on the mountain in GT, ACC etc... and it just feels alien. It might be my settings and/or skill levels, but I have to break wayyy too early and lifting shed loads to avoid the walls where never usually have to.

In lower lobbys next week I would strap on a spare pair of underwear.

Last edited:
Managed 5 races this morning, didnt start or finish above 10th. Managed to get some consistency going which was good. Pretty consistent in the low 1:27s in the 458. All the races were clean with the exception of one person who me and several others noted was very dirty. He really tip toed around on the last race after being called out in the chat prior to the race.

What bent my mind was that I could hold a 2s gap from the corner onto the back straight to 1/2 way down the back straight. Then lose 1/2 a second or more in the second half. It was like the car had a parachute attached to it.

Meh, either way looking at a 2nd hand G923 with a cockpit (2 years old so hope it works with PS5) or a T300RS Ferrari edition that I'll mount on the desk. It will also make it a little more real for my son.

Well I probably won't mess with the races this week, I only did 7 of them at Tsukuba. That's it, see I'm sidetracked with the new track anyway.

If anyone is planning on doing Mt Panorama this coming week then I would strongly suggest you get some practice in. Forget how it used to be, it's a whole new ball game now 🙈🙈

Edit: I have a lobby room set up. For Gr3 with BoP and x5 tyre wear. Only Hards and Mediums. Probably close to what we might get tomorrow maybe 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hey gang! I haven’t races in a while and decided maybe after the new update I’d give it a shot. But I saw all the bizarre videos of bouncing cars and have avoided the game. Has there been a patch for the weird physics glitch yet? I’d still like to get a race in but don’t want to wast time learning something that’s going to change again.

Hey gang! I haven’t races in a while and decided maybe after the new update I’d give it a shot. But I saw all the bizarre videos of bouncing cars and have avoided the game. Has there been a patch for the weird physics glitch yet? I’d still like to get a race in but don’t want to wast time learning something that’s going to change again.
No patch yet.

The bouncing/flying cars thing is just abusing some of the tuning settings.

Not affecting the dailies however the cars are slower than before so anyone trying to QT are at a bit of a disadvantage but and this is a big BUT it's not the end of the world in that everyone is still relative in race.

The new curb handling takes a little bit of practice to get a handle on as the cars now bounce longer, like slower damping weak rebound. Basically the chassis is more easily upset with direction changes or bounces.

Also to start with as you adjust don't trail brake and focus on doing it in a straight line and then work on holding the braking longer in to the corner.

Tried the VR for the craic in preparation for tomorrow, the new physics have completely changed the way you can drive the mountain section. The Dipper is lethal 😅😅
Edit: I will not be using VR for the actual races, I'm in no way confident enough yet, still at least 1-2 seconds slower plus I get dizzy after about 20 minutes of it. It will all come in time 😅
Dont laugh, im not good in VR as i only have it a couple of days 👍not sure why there is no sound, click into YouTube for sound

Last edited:
So yesterday I did 3 races at Spa and I was enjoying the new physics. It seems like you can feel the car more and small throttle adjustments through corners can help your line better. I enter the next race and while practicing I lose gears. The paddles and shifter aren't working. I leave and rejoin. Same. I try assetto corsa and all is good. I return to GT and gears are back but FFB is extremely light as described by others. My conclusion is I think it's a bug rather than how it is supposed to be so to all those who've had this from the beginning, I'd expect it to change quickly.

So, got my race b qt down to 2.19.7, lots of good racing to be had, started to feel the hards weren’t that bad today? Maybe because of the F1 😀 looking forward to TM.

New physics have to say I don’t feel the change much, I’m no alien but felt like the racing was better 🫶

So, got my race b qt down to 2.19.7, lots of good racing to be had, started to feel the hards weren’t that bad today? Maybe because of the F1 😀 looking forward to TM.

New physics have to say I don’t feel the change much, I’m no alien but felt like the racing was better 🫶
I am adjusting to the new physics, they aren't great. But you learn the game.

TM will be fun, I'm not sure full or a slight lift will get you through T1 & T2 now I assume the alien guys will be fast as normal.

Funny enough I thought the same in F1 the resist using the softs and prefer the mediums or hards. Maybe PD have this right?

I am adjusting to the new physics, they aren't great. But you learn the game.

TM will be fun, I'm not sure full or a slight lift will get you through T1 & T2 now I assume the alien guys will be fast as normal.

Funny enough I thought the same in F1 the resist using the softs and prefer the mediums or hards. Maybe PD have this right?
Did you try the mountain yet?? Purely out of interest. It seems very different. I have no idea what they are running tomorrow as regards to gr4 or gr3 but the track is certainly not going to suffer fools. The top section is extremely difficult to get right but maybe that's because the modelling is more closely based on real world attributes, I'm not sure. All I know is that it is a hell of a lot harder

Did you try the mountain yet?? Purely out of interest. It seems very different. I have no idea what they are running tomorrow as regards to gr4 or gr3 but the track is certainly not going to suffer fools. The top section is extremely difficult to get right but maybe that's because the modelling is more closely based on real world attributes, I'm not sure. All I know is that it is a hell of a lot harder
It will be gr4 as there is very very rarely strat for daily B

If they fixed the screen tearing at the tunnel this could be a fun race.

Expect lots of Veyron and supras early doors the outliers which will be fast are the 650 and maybe the cayman as the Japanese guys seem to get time out of them.

GTR is probably gonna be competitive.

Overall the balance is actually pretty close and GR4 is the race to do

Back