GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,183 comments
Awesome picture, where are you? In the blue shirt? It looks like y'all are having a good ol' time. I'm at a mid-C rank, so maybe before the year ends I'll get to a high B/low A. It depends on how much time and work I put into getting good lap times and doing a lot of grinding in the races. My BB is set at -2. And my TCS is set at 1-2.

What about you all?
I’m in the orange Giants shirt on the right.
I’m a low B for the last 2 weeks. I find Im making too many decisions to maintain a B rating, I won’t do circuits I’m not familiar with. I have 2 accounts for just that purpose but, they are now both B 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m not quite sure which one to sacrafice.

You would think getting through DRD to get to DRC would be pretty easy. Like four or five races right but I still haven’t made it.

I found that crashing out is my kryptonite. I either do very well. I’m basically leading from pole to finish or I crash out, turn myself around and my steering wheel and I can’t find my buttons to reverse or correct myself with the VR headset so I end up wasting 20 to 30 seconds trying to reposition myself on track! It’s hilarious.

Last edited:
As I said personal preferences on these things.

But you run a lot of ABS off and VR which is probably a nuanced experience to be fair.

I didn't say don't trail brake or (pretend that is what most peeps think they are doing) just said get the heavy braking out of the way while the chassis is settled.

But it's all yin and yang
Indeed. Im also just looking to make it stable. Nothing fancy.

@TheNormsk put your shifter in sequential mode. Bang up until R when needed

@TheNormsk put your shifter in sequential mode. Bang up until R when needed
That's a good idea!

Well took three more races that it should have done with me getting a bloody nose on two races, but I am back to DR C. I'm reaching the point where racing in 2D just feels wrong and I now prefer VR. That said and as others have raised a million times, I'm now missing the position board with splits. Come on PD put it in the HUD!

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.54.53 AM.png

Last edited:
Yikes, I am off the pace. My current QT on my VR account is 1:55 something in the RS01. That was good to start P3 in my first DR D race which I finished also in P3. I'm definitely not as fast as I used to be but it is more fun! Guess I will be playing in the lower ranks for a while..

Fun thing is because I don't have any of you on my VR friends list I've no idea where I stack up until I join a race. Kind of like the old days and I'm kind of liking it. Oddly, I got myself in a mindset on the main account that if I wasn't near the top of the friends list that I wouldn't be competitive enough to race in mid DR A so I started to skip racing. This reset is reawakening the senses again...
Just to let you know, I'm on VR.
@newmedia_dev. An adapter is coming to plug the psvr2 into PC. If you play pc, it might be worth an investment. I bought mine with this in mind.

Last edited:
I’m a low B for the last 2 weeks. I find Im making too many decisions to maintain a B rating, I won’t do circuits I’m not familiar with. I have 2 accounts for just that purpose but, they are now both B 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m not quite sure which one to sacrafice.
Some weeks ago I was feeling exactly this - that I did not dare to race because I did not want to tank my B rating. But then I realized, that building racecraft from racing other people is what is the fun part for me - not grinding for a better QT. Now I just do race after race after race. This week has been so good at Bathearst. First I had to properly learn the track, and that took me down to low C. Then things of course turned around, as competion decreased and I got faster and more consistant. I worked my way up, and the few minutes there is between races allowed me to steadily better my QT. Now back at low B, and that little journey just taught me so much. A ton of racing routine I would never have gotten if I had just worked my a** off for a better QT, worrying about not tanking my B.
For me, it feels so liberating and good in every way, not to give a damn about my DR. Can recommend.😊

Fun thing is because I don't have any of you on my VR friends list I've no idea where I stack up until I join a race. Kind of like the old days and I'm kind of liking it. Oddly, I got myself in a mindset on the main account that if I wasn't near the top of the friends list that I wouldn't be competitive enough to race in mid DR A so I started to skip racing. This reset is reawakening the senses again...
Hi, you're on my list and I only drive in VR. All my times are in VR (TT, GTWS, Daylies). TM time is 1:53.194. Unfortunately I'm only B/S and others are probably much more experienced in racing, but you might be able to use my times for an initial assessment. I drive with a Fanatec GT DD and the GT7 steering wheel. I programmed the steering wheel so that I can operate it blind in VR. Are your TT times in your VR account with VR (Rampage), because that's a great time? If you want, I can also send you a friend request from my second account, because the times there are sometimes different (sometimes better, sometimes worse). I think if you already prefer driving in VR, it will become more and more. My times also got worse after switching to VR, but at the moment I can't manage the times without VR.

I'm now missing the position board with splits. Come on PD put it in the HUD!
the request has been around for some time now and I think PD is not very interested in supporting VR users.

one more thing, I really like using @Tidgney's weekly race guides and thanks again for that. is it possible to display a picture of the braking points from the driver's perspective? I usually load the time from the leaderboard and look at everything again from the cockpit perspective, but I have the feeling that braking occurs much later here

the request has been around for some time now and I think PD is not very interested in supporting VR users.

one more thing, I really like using @Tidgney's weekly race guides and thanks again for that. is it possible to display a picture of the braking points from the driver's perspective? I usually load the time from the leaderboard and look at everything again from the cockpit perspective, but I have the feeling that braking occurs much later here
Thankyou, appreciate the kind words :cheers:

The issue is I wouldn't be able to pick out solid brake markers from cockpit camera as I don't use it, it would then add (Unfortunately I have to think about this as well);

• 3 - 7 minutes onto the video
  • Increased storage issues
  • Longer render times (Which is significant for a Monday)
  • Additional recording time (10 - 20 minutes).
It's the main reason why I don't at the moment because the vast majority use bumper/chase the massive increase in time commitment wouldn't be worth it as the markers would still be very close to the same (Just adjusting a bit more to edge of screen etc.). I do, do the videos to help but I also want the channel to reach the widest audience possible so have to think about that dreaded algorithm so I've tried to do the best of both with chase cam allowing anyone to pick out any additional markers (It's why I don't change the brightness on it) that I haven't picked out.

Thankyou, appreciate the kind words :cheers:

The issue is I wouldn't be able to pick out solid brake markers from cockpit camera as I don't use it, it would then add (Unfortunately I have to think about this as well);

• 3 - 7 minutes onto the video
  • Increased storage issues
  • Longer render times (Which is significant for a Monday)
  • Additional recording time (10 - 20 minutes).
It's the main reason why I don't at the moment because the vast majority use bumper/chase the massive increase in time commitment wouldn't be worth it as the markers would still be very close to the same (Just adjusting a bit more to edge of screen etc.). I do, do the videos to help but I also want the channel to reach the widest audience possible so have to think about that dreaded algorithm so I've tried to do the best of both with chase cam allowing anyone to pick out any additional markers (It's why I don't change the brightness on it) that I haven't picked out.
@Tidgney thanks for the quick reply. I thought something like that. I'm glad that your videos exist and I'm getting on well with my previous procedure. It should only be a question if it would have been possible without any major problems. So I'll try to follow your ghost and find the braking points that work for me. Thanks again for your reply

Well I think when I do reach a B rank I'm gonna keep my distance and just finish each race between 4th-9th, that way it won't tank my DR that much, plus dealing with the A drivers would give me severe stress and anxiety. Some races will be so tense my heart starts beating fast, and pounding. Then after a while when it's over I'll regroup and things will go back to normal.

I've put in more work this week, done a total of 36 races so far and it's only Saturday.

Last edited:
No more daily races this week for me. Race C has completely battered my DR and SR, I just don't understand why some people just have to try moves on the way up the mountain section, it never ends well. I have probably tried 10 races there this week and I finished 2. Shame really as the Mustang was really good there. Hopefully Suzuka will be kinder to me next week 🙏

I think I know why I'm generally quite slow - I can't feel any difference in the cars' handling since the update! I'm obviously not sensitive enough to the nuances of handling, other than the differences between different cars.

I ran Gr4 at Road Atlanta last week without problems, same story this week with Gr3 at Mount Panorama! I usually make up a few places at Mount Panorama courtesy of others falling off track, and was hoping lots were going to have greater problems because of the update - no such luck, very few issues as far as I could see.

Am I the only one who can't feel any difference?
I don’t think you are on your own mate, I felt like that for a bit until I realised some crashes were coming in here and there, which isn’t like me, probably over driving the car, so if you’re not feeling too much difference then it’s probably the fact that your are a smooth driver which I think it’s leaning towards, I’ll wait for mediums at Suzuka next week to cast more judgement

Did 2 races yesterday late night (technically, 2am this morning) 😂 starting in P14 both times after having set a 1-lap qualy time of 1:52:3 with the RS01 on my 2nd account. Both races I had always managed to get myself into P10/ P9 within the first 1.5 laps but also, both races I was rammed intentionally later on. Finished in P14 and P13 in those 2.... Annoying as they both got away with it!

Now this afternoon, I first fiddled with the Renault a bit more before trying a few different cars. Did the 911 again and still hated it lol, but did do better in my laps than yesterday so thanks @newmedia_dev for suggesting the brake bias for this German cheesecake on wheels! 😂

Gave the AMG a try, then the M3 and even the RCF but was only managing to come close to my previous best of 1:52:2 and not looking like improving. Then I hopped into the R8.... 😁 In terms of lap time, I did shave off a few tenths and brought my time down to 1:51:9 but more than that, I feel like I really can control it over the entire lap! Still afraid of actually racing again though... Previous week brought my DR A from almost 80% full to just close to falling to B lol and all of the hits to the rating came from being murdered myself...

Haven't seen many R8 laps so here it is, worth giving it a try if you want to check out something different instead of that damned meta Porsche 😉😂

1722702627584.jpeg
1722702635735.jpeg

Last edited:
Did 2 races yesterday late night (technically, 2am this morning) 😂 starting in P14 both times after having set a 1-lap qualy time of 1:52:3 with the RS01 on my 2nd account. Both races I had always managed to get myself into P10/ P9 within the first 1.5 laps but also, both races I was rammed intentionally later on. Finished in P14 and P13 in those 2.... Annoying as they both got away with it!

Now this afternoon, I first fiddled with the Renault a bit more before trying a few different cars. Did the 911 again and still hated it lol, but did do better in my laps than yesterday so thanks @newmedia_dev for suggesting the brake bias for this German cheesecake on wheels! 😂

Gave the AMG a try, then the M3 and even the RCF but was only managing to come close to my previous best of 1:52:2 and not looking like improving. Then I hopped into the R8.... 😁 In terms of lap time, I did shave off a few tenths and brought my time down to 1:51:9 but more than that, I feel like I really can control it over the entire lap! Still afraid of actually racing again though... Previous week brought my DR A from almost 80% full to just close to falling to B lol and all of the hits to the rating came from being murdered myself...

Haven't seen many R8 laps so here it is, worth giving it a try if you want to check out something different instead of that damned meta Porsche 😉😂

View attachment 1377929 View attachment 1377930

Wow I did a .4??? I thought it was like a .8 for some reason. Okay!

Sorry gents I'm bowing out now, mother in law is having an 80th birthday party...the only way I'm getting through 90 people, a village hall, disco is the cheap social club beer so I imagine tomorrow will be "a day of rest" 🤣

Go forth and conquer good peeps and good luck to any US manu cup runners.

See you all at Suzuka on Monday 🫡

Sorry gents I'm bowing out now, mother in law is having an 80th birthday party...the only way I'm getting through 90 people, a village hall, disco is the cheap social club beer so I imagine tomorrow will be "a day of rest" 🤣

Go forth and conquer good peeps and good luck to any US manu cup runners.

See you all at Suzuka on Monday 🫡
You could also call the venue manager and ask him nicely to announce a great bingo game at 8pm with biscuit tins as prizes! You'll never see old people move faster, trust me! Like this, you'll be back home by 10pm and crashing into GT7 barriers in no time! 😂

So heading into Sunday, improved my QT til 1.52.934, scraped in there I think. Starting 3-5 instead of 5-8 but in BC - I guess I’m BC these days with the amount of time I can invest and the physics perhaps? Decent racing to be had anyway.

@newmedia_dev I gained this time after putting the brake balance to -2 front, which makes sense really, especially in the last corner where late braking and lining yourself up for the last corner is so important

On to Sunday racing, always my favourite day to race,

I don’t think you are on your own mate, I felt like that for a bit until I realised some crashes were coming in here and there, which isn’t like me, probably over driving the car, so if you’re not feeling too much difference then it’s probably the fact that your are a smooth driver which I think it’s leaning towards, I’ll wait for mediums at Suzuka next week to cast more judgement
I think you're right - I've always said I'm slow but steady, which is why I tend to go well at tracks where people tend to fall off by pushing too hard, eg Mount Panorama, Brands, Suzuka.

Perhaps I ought to try pushing the car's limits more?

Yesterday (or maybe it was Thursday), I decided to get back into the game for real. Imagine my surprise to see my QT for TM this week was in the 10,000's.

I managed to get it back down to the low 2,000's in the 911, thanks to a tip here to try BB -2 or -3. It really helped the car feel much more stable, so thank you to whoever mentioned that.

So I decided to do a race. I started P10 which wasn't horrible. I touched my brakes before the first turn, and suddenly I was on ice and had to just wait it out until I finished shaking hands with Barry, and trying to remember how to back up. Once I finally got going again, I was 10 or 15 seconds behind P15.

I managed to finish P15, so at least there's that.

When I added my race to GranTracker, I saw that my last race was almost a month ago.

1722718166412.png

We'll see how things go from here.

I was promoted A again today, so found myself back at P9-P12 in a few races at TM this evening. Hated it, all fast A+ and A guys, and then me just out for a casual Saturday evening spin in my 911.

I met Malta-Saab in his Audi, and I think I screwed his race up by missing my brake marker in the right hander after the first tunnel on lap one. I messed up, got pushed around a bit and chaos followed, as a result I think he dropped back. I made another mistake on lap 3 (I think), and "let him pass".

Sorry mate, I should have given the keys to my wife this evening. At least I'm back in B so you won't see me again for a while. Again, sorry if I caused issues for you.

You would think getting through DRD to get to DRC would be pretty easy. Like four or five races right but I still haven’t made it.

I found that crashing out is my kryptonite. I either do very well. I’m basically leading from pole to finish or I crash out, turn myself around and my steering wheel and I can’t find my buttons to reverse or correct myself with the VR headset so I end up wasting 20 to 30 seconds trying to reposition myself on track! It’s hilarious.

I'm on VR with a Logi G Pro wheel, and I totally get you. I have the same issue. But getting into reverse is just to shift down from 1'st gear, no? But after a crash you don't necessarily know what direction the wheel is pointing at, so you might end up going up the gears, if your wheel is 180 degrees turned.

Last edited:
Decided to create an ALT account this afternoon as I didn't want to try anymore GTWS races after a 5th and a victory.
Did all the usual, S license and menu book 9 and away we went. I was determined to stick with the Mustang and win in it. Anyway, started at the back for the first 4 races and then set a QT time of 2:04.8.
It went quite well 😅😅😅 I just won the last race by 45 seconds I think 🙈 Anyway, I am up to low C/S already 👌 Tired now, been a long day 😴

Attachments

• 20240803_235612.jpg
    20240803_235612.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240803_235435.jpg
    20240803_235435.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240803_235518.jpg
    20240803_235518.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240803_232417.jpg
    20240803_232417.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240803_232526.jpg
    20240803_232526.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 2
It took me ages to get to the progress/status I'm at now, so I think I'll just stick with my primary account. Plus, I'd rather have a unique one anyways. Well good luck everyone, one more day after this for racing with online friends/competitors.

Last edited:
I was promoted A again today, so found myself back at P9-P12 in a few races at TM this evening. Hated it, all fast A+ and A guys, and then me just out for a casual Saturday evening spin in my 911.

I met Malta-Saab in his Audi, and I think I screwed his race up by missing my brake marker in the right hander after the first tunnel on lap one. I messed up, got pushed around a bit and chaos followed, as a result I think he dropped back. I made another mistake on lap 3 (I think), and "let him pass".

Sorry mate, I should have given the keys to my wife this evening. At least I'm back in B so you won't see me again for a while. Again, sorry if I caused issues for you.

I'm on VR with a Logi G Pro wheel, and I totally get you. I have the same issue. But getting into reverse is just to shift down from 1'st gear, no? But after a crash you don't necessarily know what direction the wheel is pointing at, so you might end up going up the gears, if your wheel is 180 degrees turned.
All good mate, no worries! It happens 😊 Also, it wasn't 100% on you, I saw the 2 in front of me and yourself slow down on the hard right at the end of Sector 1 but that wasn't a problem. I did slow down to avoid issues, or so I thought?! I literally just gently, briskly tapped the rear bumper of the car ahead and physics (not of this world) took over and my car spun like crazy from slight contact at 20mph 😂 Ended up in P16 from P11 but at least finished in P12 😜

3 races at Trial Mountain today, aim of getting used to the wheel and the differences with that. Main difference is actually driving in manual and holding the gears on the back straight. Easily pick up 6-8MPH doing this. Who wouldve known lol.

128 races in and got my first victory, and fastest total time for the 4 laps as well. Pretty stoked.

Woo freakin' hoooo....havin' a blast out there and wish there were more hours in the day. Somehow the good ju-ju has held for another day and the racing has been very, very good!

Was happy with this one and actually jumped up from the couch at the finish. Fun race with some good competition (A/A+ lobbies) and this was kinda fierce. Picks-up right where I missed my brake marker by a meter-ish...

Good luck and see y'all out there! :cheers:

This race plummeted my SR by over 50% which surprised me. I think it was mostly because I crashed myself out but that doesn't seem right? Is hitting the barrier a cause for major SR loss? There was one tap with another car I am aware of but nothing that hasn't resulted in CRB in other races so not sure on this one. Perhaps the update is overly aggressive with barrier taps now? What do you think?

Decided to create an ALT account this afternoon as I didn't want to try anymore GTWS races after a 5th and a victory.
Did all the usual, S license and menu book 9 and away we went. I was determined to stick with the Mustang and win in it. Anyway, started at the back for the first 4 races and then set a QT time of 2:04.8.
It went quite well 😅😅😅 I just won the last race by 45 seconds I think 🙈 Anyway, I am up to low C/S already 👌 Tired now, been a long day 😴
Woah, you are certainly out cubbing seals with that performance.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back