GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,212 comments
Have you guys quit any races this week?
99% of the time I complete my races no matter what, but Monday night after throwing myself off track in T1 at Suzuka I realized it was time to go to bed and quit.

Suzuka is kind to me this week. Took the Jag out first and set a decent time. Got 1 win from 2nd place in a DR.B lobby.
Then I tried the Lambo, never like this car in GTS. I don't know if it's GT7 recent physics update but it felt more drivable than in GTS. I better my QT by half a second on first attempt without really trying.

53910907255_ce86f3ce62_c.jpg

53910463926_d95d584b9e_c.jpg

Also got a nice podium finish this morning in a DR.A-B lobby.

53910907145_1409f9e62a_c.jpg

53910707498_f193687082_c.jpg

53910907075_817c2bf6b8_c.jpg

But this track also bring drama. In this race, I unsettle the car out of spoon and then we are two cars for 130R and then we are 3 cars for the chicane and of course the last car miss his braking point.

I thought I would do some afternoon racing today for a change. For some reason I was way off pace for trying to set a new quick time for Race B. Baffled by that one honestly.

My first race has me in a "big boy" lobby with a few A+/A drivers. I start P9 and get an off track on the first lap. Then I bump a driver entering the Dunlop Curve and sent them off. Turns out it was a net code issue as I never made actual contact. But I still spun them and I should have waited. Thanks to more spins and rage quits I finish P9 and gain some DR.

Race 2 puts me P10 and this time I get dumped entering the Casio Triangle on lap 1. A driver went for a gap that didn't exist and shoved me onto the green paint and I lose control, but don't spin, and I drop to P16. The driver who hit me spun and then quit and it couldn't have happened to a better driver. I finish P13 and call it there.

Not the best day, but whatever it happens. I might go again tomorrow, but I'm undecided as of now.

Evening folks 🙂 Hope everyone doing well! Just did my first race B now, but used my 2nd account to see how the racing etiquette was 😉

Some hard racing, sometimes maybe a bit across the line BUT thankfully, all of that was not including me 🥳🤣

Started in P13 lol as only set 1 lap to qualify (AMG) but focused on my driving as soon as we got through the first half lap and wouldn't you know it, it was a P7 finish for me 🥳😁

Took my opportunities and advantage of mistakes made by those around me and in all honesty, was the easiest claim of 6 positions I've ever had 😜

I switched to the BRZ for daily B yesterday and reduced my time down to 2:01.495 for QT. I started 4th and finished 2nd. It looks like the Huracán is the go to car for many people but me and the 911 who won kind of left them behind. I'll admit I struggled a little to keep up the 911 on the straights but the BRZ is really good though the esses and that is where it puts the gap between it and the cars behind.

Now I know that physics have changed but last time I did Suzuka in the M6, back in February, I QT'd in 1:59.73 so I have nearly 2 seconds to find still. Perhaps I'll try the M6 again, though it is harder to drive than the BRZ in VR.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240807234247.jpg

Last edited:
I have completely given up on my main account, tried a few races in the B lobbies this evening and it was just carnage, I was actually getting angry in the end so I switched accounts and went with the mid C/S lobbies instead. It was brilliant racing, a few errors but nothing malicious by anyone. Really enjoyed it towards the end. Just finished now with a win which leaves me on the cusp of moving up to B/S after 22 races. If I do make it there tomorrow evening then I'll just park it up until next week's races and concentrate on the GR yaris race instead

Attachments

• 20240809_002241.jpg
    20240809_002241.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240809_002329.jpg
    20240809_002329.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
I have completely given up on my main account, tried a few races in the B lobbies this evening and it was just carnage, I was actually getting angry in the end so I switched accounts and went with the mid C/S lobbies instead. It was brilliant racing, a few errors but nothing malicious by anyone. Really enjoyed it towards the end. Just finished now with a win which leaves me on the cusp of moving up to B/S after 22 races. If I do make it there tomorrow evening then I'll just park it up until next week's races and concentrate on the GR yaris race instead
Well, great job on your victory. I'm sticking with my main account and just keep my rank at a C for now. Until I feel more comfortable taking part in higher ranked lobbies/races.

I had 2 bad starts in race C at Eiger today. I, of course, am in the yellow car up front that got punted by the red car, right at the start. I almost made it to the first turn. I was pretty pissed at the red car but, on further analysis, he got pushed into me. The red car received a 4 second penalty, I don’t think it was his fault.
The white car that started it finished 3rd
The red car 6th, one ahead of me.

The 2nd bad start, my wheel (DD Pro) apparently was 1 turn off at the start. As soon as the race started, hard right into the fence… 6th place 🤷🏻‍♂️

Time for a cocktail 🥃

Quick question - in these daily races are all the cars genuine people racing or are some of the races made up of AI cars ?

Uh-oh, Race C is gonna be a nightmare. The Nords is back. Thank god I finally see Blue Moon Bay for the first time in ages. A and B should be a great combo next week, so I'm hyped up about it. What about you guys? So, why do they have an endurance layout there? Is that the one with the extra pit lanes.

I bet it will be a 2-lap races at Nords. Because if it is required to pit then we would have to do it on Lap 2, I would think that's the case.

Last edited:
With the hard banking at Blue Moon I think this is going to be a great race in Gr4 🤞

C will please a lot of people & streamers I feel

Even A is a good track for a shortish race just wondering what the car will be was hoping M3 (E36) but CS makes me feel something less powerful or older.

Yeah, let's get the party started early for next week. It's about time PD featured Blue Moon Bay in the daily races. Idk when the last time we saw it, it could have been last year. @GrumpyOldMan may know since he owns Grantracker. I hope that will be enough fuel for the C races. I won't be doing many of them next week, but I'm gonna try my hand at a few and see how it goes.

hello, all my tunes went from 800 to 830 pp, anyone know why?
Although this has very little to do with Daily Races... the 1.49 update two weeks ago changed the underlying game physics, and it's resulted in changes to Performance Point calculations almost across the board.

With the hard banking at Blue Moon I think this is going to be a great race in Gr4 🤞

C will please a lot of people & streamers I feel

Even A is a good track for a shortish race just wondering what the car will be was hoping M3 (E36) but CS makes me feel something less powerful or older.
Ill probably be doing just daily C but B got my attention.
Gr. 4 on Blue moon has potential

Are we assuming Gr.3's for Nord' and 4's for BMB? Not sure how I feel about Gr.4 at the Nordschleife...plenty of time to sit back and appreciate the rainy landscape and lighting as you plod along the main straight, I suppose.🤣

And <Car Settings> on A? Is that normal? Sorry, don't run A often so don't pay much attention...my bad.😁

Blue Moon! That's a rarity. Oh and Nürburgring; I suck at that...

They are all humans mate.
Looking around at some of my fellow Americans, sometimes I question this! LOL.

Does anybody at PD remember that there are some tracks called "St. Croix"?
I really liked St. Croix the only time we had it. Wish it featured more often.

Last edited:
Although this has very little to do with Daily Races... the 1.49 update two weeks ago changed the underlying game physics, and it's resulted in changes to Performance Point calculations almost across the board.
Also, since the update, I’ve had to crank my DD Pro (8nm) wheel up from 6 to 10. That being said, after driving Eiger Nordwand for a week, it all feels pretty responsive and natural.

I have an F1500 T and a Dalara S.F. 23 that I drove at Monza however, that feels like FF is turned off. On long straights, I used to have to turn it down to 5 or less.

Back