GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,218 comments
My face when the Nordschleife is on the menu for the next set of races

josh-allen-buffalo-bills.gif

I have to remind myself not to race late on a Friday night. It never goes well...
Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 12.18.03 PM.png

Also Suzuka, a course I am usually pretty good at, is killing me this week.

First race of the night, was purely my fault. Trying the 911 for the first time this week (with a new QT of 2:00.934) i'd been finding the end on it particularly loose on braking and I'd hadn't found a BB I'd really liked but was going with +2. Anyway, first lap, accelerating out of the triangle, rear goes loose and I arrow straight into the pit crash barrier. :banghead:

Next race, I'd climbed from 6th to 4th and was feeling better about this one, and then lap 3, on turn one, that back end brakes loose on braking, but more that I usually get and I spin out. Double :banghead:

Figured that perhaps the 911 in race was not for me so I went back to the BRZ which I'd got a 2nd in the race prior to this. This race, I was getting eaten alive down the straight to the 130R. It's great in the esses but against the Genesis and M6 it is no match on the straight. In one run, I get side swiped at the 130R off track. I then go to flash my lights at the car that did this only to put myself into auto drive (one of the new issues of VR - it's much harder to find the right buttons!). Once I got out of auto drive, I was just exiting the triangle and as I took over again, I spun out and crashed right into the pit barrier exactly like race 1 of the night. I rage quit at that point, yelled F you at the game, and went to bed.... :D

Perhaps I should take up knitting!

Last edited:
@TheNormsk Well thanks to Suzuka I'm now back at a high D. See I finished worse than 8th place in all four races today. At least in my Eiger race, I finished 9th but got 107k credits and a CRB. So that cheered me up some.

Ran a few Race Bs today with no qualifying in the Auricom Corvette

View attachment 1379087

6th 10:23 2:02.4
7th 10:29 2:03.3
8th 10:27 2:03.2
6th 10:19 2:02.0
9th 10:32 2:02.7
4th 10:20 2:02.2

(finish, race time, best lap)

I had quite a bit of fun doing this. The fifth race is really the only one where it went bad, a guy in a GT-R couldn't handle three wide going under the bridge and I got pitted. I still don't really know where my actual ability is relative to my DR. I don't really feel confident in any car I'm in and I can't ever manage any consistency, but at the same time there are people in races who I'm clearly better than and people further ahead who I can't get near.
My method was to pick 3 cars each from gr 3 and 4 and I've stuck with them and learned them. I had to include the GTR18 as pd killed the 13 car. I don't think I've ever driven the Porsche or the Ford GT. They seem like hard cars to master and I only get a few hours a week to play.

Well a few things have changed this past week. I finally upgraded to a PS5 and I replaced my old T300 and the G29 pedals with a MOZA R5 bundle and a Raslution 2 converter. So spending this week getting use to the new wheel and the speed that a DD wheel responds, the old wheel had a slight delay when turning, I jumped into race B. Roll the tape.....

It is soooo good when you race against people that are in the race to race back fairly.

Thank you for the great exchange in the Toyota Gazoo Race today @Divecable
Much appreciate your race craft, fairness and Sportsmanship. It is always a 2 way street to get a good battle with someone.

While everyone else is busy doing that boring GR race ( I did 2, it was very boring 😴) I have been racing around Eiger. Actually have come to really like this race now 🤣 Had a win and a 2nd at Suzuka too so not too bad. My main account is suffering still, I met our famous Spanish friend in a lobby yesterday, it didn't go well so I have just stuck to my Alt account

Attachments

• 20240811_121207.jpg
    20240811_121207.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240811_121234.jpg
    20240811_121234.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1
I finally bought my brothers Thrustmaster T300RSGT wheel, absolutely loving it but the downside is after the physics have been changed I got quicker on the controller and was low B and I’ve dropped all the way to D with this race taking me back into C.

If anyone was on late last night I do apologise I was all over the place playing with different steering angles and FF settings, I was a pin ball at times.

While everyone else is busy doing that boring GR race ( I did 2, it was very boring 😴) I have been racing around Eiger. Actually have come to really like this race now 🤣 Had a win and a 2nd at Suzuka too so not too bad. My main account is suffering still, I met our famous Spanish friend in a lobby yesterday, it didn't go well so I have just stuck to my Alt account
Eiger daily race / in the Honda wotsit = after a few initial moans from people about the car/track/tyres ........Its been quite a success, for me the best to date, ala..............its the only race im finding myself turning my controller like ive got a steering wheel in my hands, as if it makes any difference

Also the GR Yaris Cup, are they standard cars I can’t seem to see a spec for them before I enter late and just get some cash from it.
Yes they are the standard GR, although if you are gonna race it I'd do some practice mate. Maybe not so much for pace but it has very "unique" handling on the sports hards and GV has a lot of elevation and downhill braking zones.

You can just rent one as well.

But I will reiterate ideally you want to be able to be consistent round their and it can be tricky, very tricky with the big down hill and the track limits.

Yes they are the standard GR, although if you are gonna race it I'd do some practice mate. Maybe not so much for pace but it has very "unique" handling on the sports hards and GV has a lot of elevation and downhill braking zones.

You can just rent one as well.

But I will reiterate ideally you want to be able to be consistent round their and it can be tricky, very tricky with the big down hill and the track limits.
Thanks for the heads up, I have one in my garage so I’ll put the first miles on it practicing and see how it goes, maybe go for the 7pm slot with some practicing.

14 more hours until the races switch, I'm done at Suzuka, I may try another race or two at Eiger, but that's a big if.

@Stilva that GIF you posted with the football player was my reaction too for Nords, but I gotta battle through it this week.

Last edited:
Tried another GR race, it's just rubbish, horrible car, horrible track. Ended up doing another Race C on my main account and ended up in a race with @GOTMAXPOWER , that will tell you how quiet the C lobbies are. A mix of A+/S drivers and B/S drivers. Anyway, I obviously didn't get to see him but I managed to survive the race at least 😅😅. Have 2 accounts now with literally the exact same ratings so next week should be interesting. Definitely going to be the green hell for me all week that's for sure 👍

Tried another GR race, it's just rubbish, horrible car, horrible track. Ended up doing another Race C on my main account and ended up in a race with @GOTMAXPOWER , that will tell you how quiet the C lobbies are. A mix of A+/S drivers and B/S drivers. Anyway, I obviously didn't get to see him but I managed to survive the race at least 😅😅. Have 2 accounts now with literally the exact same ratings so next week should be interesting. Definitely going to be the green hell for me all week that's for sure 👍
Well I didn't do many races at C this week, it started to get boring Thursday night, I only did a total of 10 races. My DR dropped significantly though back down to a low D, so I'm not happy about that but what can I really do about it? You must be at an A or B because if you're doing races with @GOTMAXPOWER I think his rank is pretty high. I'm dreading green hell though, but hopefully the track will scare more players away and maybe I can have a greater chance for more wins or top 5 finishes. That's what I'm hoping.

The GR race arguably is amazing. The car is over powered and 4wd, it suits the track massively.

Where I think people don't like it is the fact you have to be smooth and absolutely understand the car and the way you drive.

Couple of things, to your main points.

C is to put it a nice way, not the racing the majority enjoy. And I learned this is that all your accounts converge in the same place which is your ability. For a few races you dominate and you are just quicker to where your main account is anyways so the challenge is the same.

Nurbs will be polarising next week especially with weather. Some love it, some hate it but it will be what it is.

I genuinely think what is the point of 2 accounts if you aren't trying or preserving on one or the other. It makes no sense, just race and be good at that race.

Seeing your times on the GR race I get why you feel the way you do, but you have to meter expectation vs reality sometimes. The race was largely fine. The effort you put in was not your normal QT times mate.

The GR race arguably is amazing. The car is over powered and 4wd, it suits the track massively.

Where I think people don't like it is the fact you have to be smooth and absolutely understand the car and the way you drive.

C is to put it a nice way, not the racing the majority enjoy. And I learned this is that all your accounts converge in the same place which is your ability. For a few races you dominate and you are just quicker to where your main account is anyways so the challenge is the same.

Nurbs will be polarising next week especially with weather. Some love it, some hate it but it will be what it is.

I genuinely think what is the point of 2 accounts if you aren't trying or preserving on one or the other. It makes no sense, just race and be good at that race.

Seeing your times on the GR race I get why you feel the way you do, but you have to meter expectation vs reality sometimes. The race was largely fine. The effort you put in was not your normal QT times mate.
That's me put back in my box then. See you all next week 👍

Can’t agree more, just had a wicked last race on the GR albeit I went back to controller as I’m one day into a wheel and that car was a handful on the wheel but I got second and started 4th in DR C.

100% on the two accounts, it’s annoying I could be a strong C driver then some B or even A driver with their lower other account is just going to make the race and potential win unfair and even impossible, stay in your lane, if your at the lower end of a group get quicker by driving around faster drivers, if you want to win on ease then you’re a looser imo.

Can’t agree more, just had a wicked last race on the GR albeit I went back to controller as I’m one day into a wheel and that car was a handful on the wheel but I got second and started 4th in DR C.

100% on the two accounts, it’s annoying I could be a strong C driver then some B or even A driver with their lower other account is just going to make the race and potential win unfair and even impossible, stay in your lane, if your at the lower end of a group get quicker by driving around faster drivers, if you want to win on ease then you’re a looser imo.
Don't fall back to the controller!

If the car is sliding you are driving it too hard.

Wheel and pedals are the best (not fastest) way round. But if you have them use them!

Don't drive like the car wants in the rally style, short shift and let the front pull you.

The races have been like that all week in A and C, most A+ and A players have avoided them and presumably stuck to race B. It's a bit of a shame because a lot of the streamers ask for something different then as soon as PD give that they abandon it and go back to what they know, anyway race C should be fun next week on the Nordschleife and hopefully a bit more popular.

Well I didn't do many races at C this week, it started to get boring Thursday night, I only did a total of 10 races. My DR dropped significantly though back down to a low D, so I'm not happy about that but what can I really do about it? You must be at an A or B because if you're doing races with @GOTMAXPOWER I think his rank is pretty high. I'm dreading green hell though, but hopefully the track will scare more players away and maybe I can have a greater chance for more wins or top 5 finishes. That's what I'm hoping.
Thats one of the side effects of low participation, the less people racing means the DR range in any lobby is bigger so if you do well you gain more and if you do badly you lose more. I don't care about pushing up my score like some but it's quite funny that every race I've finished 2nd this week has cost me DR.

I'm curious what cars they put on for that race, usually I would think Gr.3 but with how Gr.4 has been avoided the last few weeks those are overdue, I would quite like to try those with the new physics though, in theory they should be a bit more enjoyable now the cars are a bit looser.

On a unrelated note I need to check the race A leaderboard in the morning before the races change over, I might be on for my first ever top 10, At the moment I'm just hanging on to 9th place but top European by 3 tenths 😱😊

I'm curious what cars they put on for that race, usually I would think Gr.3 but with how Gr.4 has been avoided the last few weeks those are overdue, I would quite like to try those with the new physics though, in theory they should be a bit more enjoyable now the cars are a bit looser.
I think it's balancing to be honest and it will be GR3 again. If....if there is weather then it will be GR3 as they need to try everything in all conditions.

I'd love for it to be GR4 but probably not.

We will see in the morning but my gut is telling me GR3.

Don't fall back to the controller!

If the car is sliding you are driving it too hard.

Wheel and pedals are the best (not fastest) way round. But if you have them use them!

Don't drive like the car wants in the rally style, short shift and let the front pull you.
I did for that race but went straight back to the wheel on Suzuka.

I was driving it way too hard with the wheel and it just flicked one way or I couldn’t be as tidy to even put in a remotely decent time, I should be up to speed come the next round.

I think it's balancing to be honest and it will be GR3 again. If....if there is weather then it will be GR3 as they need to try everything in all conditions.

I'd love for it to be GR4 but probably not.

We will see in the morning but my gut is telling me GR3.
You would hope that when they made massive changes to the BOP a couple of weeks ago they would've tested everything like that. If it is Gr3 the Supra is going to be a menace on Dottinger Hohe at the end of every lap. I could see PD making this one of those longer races with a 1 hour time slot instead of the usual half hour.

You would hope that when they made massive changes to the BOP a couple of weeks ago they would've tested everything like that. If it is Gr3 the Supra is going to be a menace on Dottinger Hohe at the end of every lap. I could see PD making this one of those longer races with a 1 hour time slot instead of the usual half hour.
Yeah, I felt the same to be honest. Supra or M6 pick your poison.

Im not sure they will go for a 3 lap race but maybe.

It's so weird the way they work and as you said they give us different but and I'll go on a fence here "to different" we will see.

Nurbs won't be for me either way but what is B if GR3/4 is tied up at the ring?

I'll most likely pick the M6, I don't like the Supra and that's a fact. I guess I'll just wait until the races switch at 3am (our time).

Last edited:
Fairly quiet week for me on the Daily Race. Stuck with B and didn't even open the menu for the others.

My SR had dropped a heap over the last week. My first few races I tried to race them and ended up getting penalties and bounced around a heap. Even when I tried to avoid I seemed to be a magnet. Even when I pulled off the racing line to avoid the conflict I was expecting, the car in front didn't brake, bounced off the car in front of them and I ended up ramming them, penalty to me, nothing for anyone else. 🤷

Took a break and came back with the intention of not racing and just trying to stay out of trouble. My week really turned after this. I went from D to A SR over the course of 8 or so races. I also do a new qualifying every 2-3 races and dropped this from 2:04 to mid 2:02 which was repeatable in the races. I was also picking up spots from people battling and by the end was settling into some good clean battles myself.

One thing I am finding with the switch to the wheel is that it is harder to catch a slide etc than it was with the controller, but at the same time it is much more precise (in my ham fisted manor) with all inputs.

Back