GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,228 comments
Ran another nord on my alt account, mid-B, no qualy. And no M6! I can say the porsche is just fine in the wet and I'll give the audi a go tomorrow.

I experienced one of those glitched starts, we in the back were all still and some of us (me included) got away when the countdown finished. But now behind the front pack.

Race unfolded similar to my morning race, first lap dry, pit at the end. This time I took IM, halfway through lap 2 the rain came and the bar went 2/3. Still managed a few screwups in the porsche but nothing like my morning, thank goodness.

Here, the clouds left on lap5 and I seriously thought about pitting for hards again, but the bar wasn't dropping and no one else was pitting, so I stayed out on the IMs. Finished with fastest lap on the drying track (still, a minute behind!)

And, unfortunately only 4 stuck it out and finished. Really kinda sad and probably doesn't encourage PD to keep trying these things (I hope not)

Ran another C race and started on pole again. No rain at all this time, and I worked up a 16 second lead by the end of lap 4 when I stopped for fresh tires and fuel. Got passed by 2 no stoppers and that was all she wrote. 16 second lead turned into a 13 second deficit and I came home in 3rd. 2 seconds from second but still 10 seconds adrift of first.

I can't/won't/don't wanna save fuel, so that might be it for me this week, sadly.

I did finally get my DR-A back, which I lost not long after the migration from GT Sport. So, yay? GT1 League, maybe?

Last edited:
OOOF! Meeting cancelled so jumped in and did 3 quick races at Blue Moon, while grabbing lunch in the intermissions.

Really glad that I did. Very good racing and great track I've not paid much attention to prior. The Ferrari was so planted here.

I just finished a Race C driving the GTR '18. (Note to self: be sure to check your tires before the start so as to avoid having to pit at the end of lap 1 to change from IM to RH!) Anyway, after qualifying at P7 the pit stop dropped me to P15. Due to several people crashing and quitting, I was P9 on the last lap, but was able to pass 2 cars to finish P7, right where I had started. All dry race in a D lobby and fun. Intense but fun. Sometime during lap 4 things began to click and I felt like I was in the groove. Picked up a few DR points which was nice. Since I refueled at the early stop I didn't have to stop again and didn't have to lean up the mixture to stretch it which is probably why I was able to pass the cars on the last lap: they were obviously going much slower than me.

I guess I'll wait to start my races at BMB tomorrow night when I get some sleep. However I'm gonna focus on qualifying first because the time reflects on where you start in any race. I've been using mostly MT, so hopefully I can chop some of my time down tonight. Wish me luck. How are you guys coming along at BMB. I love this track! It's hard to set a good lap time, see I've been using the Huracan.

Last edited:
Ended up doing 3 races tonight. Race A I already mentioned above. The second rate was at blue moon that was a disaster. I crash twice and came in last. Then I entered race C...

Wow oh wow, what a race. I started P4 but some action on the GP part put me to last after being hit. The nice thing with this race I knew I didn’t have to panic as there was lots of race left.

Towards the end of lap one I had climbed back up to 10th and I was looking at the radar and the rain was still a bit away, but I thought it would hit during the lap, so I dived into the pits. I was the only car to do so and I put on intermediates and splash of fuel to get me to the end. I did that then not knowing if I would end up doing the second pitstop.

I came out in 12th and three people had already quit by this stage so I was second to last. Immediately coming out the pits it started to rain but it didn’t rain hard and after a bit it stopped. With no one else in front I was beginning to think I made a mistake, especially when I got passed by 13th who was still on RHs so I was down till last.

Then the rain came back and hit hard in the second half of the lap. In that second half I went from 13th to 2nd. By lap three, it was getting hard to drive on IMs as the rain gauge was above the second bar and then P1 in front of me spins out and I take the lead.

I managed to drive smooth and keep it on the track and the radar showed it was going to continue to rain so I decided to come in again and this time change to wets.

Coming out the pits on lap four I was down to fourth and by this time only seven people remain on track.

I caught up to the 3 in front of me who were all on wets, but they appeared to be struggling more than me. I had dialed up my TCS to 3 to help and I think that helped me. Also looking at the replay, I had forgotten I had done this, but I had CSA to strong. That was working overtime, but it was keeping me stable.

By the long straight, I had got to P1, but then I was passed again by two and three on absolute outright speed. Perhaps I should be driving in 5th for max speed and not 6th? But one of them crashes out in the last corners and the other one dove into the pits so on lap five and I was back in the lead.

At this point it has stopped raining and the track has begun to form a dry line. I questioned if my wets were the right tire at this stage, but I pressed on. Second comes back and manages to pass me as we enter the Nordscheifer. It then becomes a very close race between myself in 2nd, P1 in front and P3 behind we were all fairly close.

At this point, I think it was a game of who could make our wet tires last longest on the drying track. Halfway through the lap, P1 crashes out, and I take the lead again.

Last lap and I started to pull away from P2, who seems to be having trouble, but P3 is gaining fast on intermediates.

P2 was actually doing me a favor by holding up P3, but eventually he loses it, and P3 jumps up to P2 and start chasing me down as we approach the last quarter of the lap. The P2 loses it as we enter the final straight, allowing me a final easy run to take the finish. If it wasn’t for that, I might’ve lost the lead.

In the end, it was an incredible race. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was a lowly B ranked race that only had seven people finish at the end.

All the top four were respectful of each other as far as I could tell, and we all tried our best to not hit each other or be overly rude in overtaking on this track. Good show by the B crowd there.

IMG_8440.jpeg

In hindsight, based on the way the weather played out, I think it would’ve been better if I had come in for full wets at the end of lap one, done 3 laps on wets and then switched to intermediates for the last 2 laps of the race. The fuel top up should have been that second stop. Even though I did well, I think that strategy would’ve nailed it completely.

Last edited:
Ended up doing 3 races tonight. I already mentioned above. The second rate was at blue moon that was a disaster. I crash twice and came in last. Then I entered race C...

Wow oh wow, what a race. I started P4 but some action on the GP part put me to last after being hit. The nice thing with this race I knew I didn’t have to panic as there was lots of race left.

Towards the end of lap one I had climbed back up to 10th and I was looking at the radar and the rain was still but away, but I thought it would hit during the lap, so I dived into the pits. I was the only car to do so and I put on intermediates and splash of fuel to get me to the end. I did that then not knowing if I would end up doing the second pitstop.

I came out in 12th and three people had already quit by this stage so I second to last. Immediately coming out the pits it started to rain but it didn’t rain hard and after a bit it stopped. With no one else in front I was beginning to think I made a mistake, especially when I got passed by 13th so I was down till last.

Then the rain came back and hit hard in the second half of the lap. In that second half I went from 13th to 2nd. By lap three, it was getting hard to drive on as the rain gauge was above the second bar and then P1 in front of me spins out and I take the lead.

I managed to drive smooth and keep it on the track and the radar showed it was going to continue to rain so I decided to come in again and this time change to wets.

Coming out the pets on lap four I was down to fourth and by this time only seven people remain on track.

I caught up to the 3 in front of me who were all on wets, but they appeared to be struggling more than me. I had dialed up my TCS to 3 to help and I think that helped me. Also looking at the replay, I had forgotten I had done this, but I had CSA to strong. That was working overtime, but it was keeping me stable.

By the long straight, I had got to P1, but then I was passed again by two and three on absolute outright speed. Perhaps I should be driving in 5th for max speed and not 6th? But one of them crashes out in the last corners and the other one dove into the pits so on lap five I was back in the lead.

At this point it has stopped raining and the track has been in to dry with a dry line. I questioned if my wets were the right tire at this stage, but I pressed on. Second comes back and manages to pass me as we enter the Nordscheifer. It then becomes a very close race between myself in 2nd, P1 in front and P3 behind we were all fairly close.

At this point, I think it was a game of who could make our wet tires last longest on the drying track. Halfway through the lap, P1 crashes out, and I take the lead again.

Last lap and I started to pull away from P2, who seems to be having trouble, but P3 is gaining fast on intermediates.

P2 was actually doing me a favor by holding up P3, but eventually he loses it, and P3 jumps up to P2 and start chasing me down as we approach the last quarter of the lap. The P2 loses it as we enter the final straight, allowing me a final easy run to take the finish. If it wasn’t for that, I might’ve lost the lead.

In the end, it was an incredible race. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was a lowly B ranked race that only had seven people finish at the end.

All the top four were respectful of each other as far as I could tell, and we all tried our best to not hit each other or be overly rude in overtaking on this track. Good show by the B crowd there.

View attachment 1380585

In hindsight, based on the way the weather played out, I think it would’ve been better if I had come in for full wets at the end of lap one, done 3 laps on wets and then switched to intermediates for the last 2 laps of the race. The fuel top up should have been that second stop. Even though I did well, I think that strategy would’ve nailed it completely.
Well, I'm glad you made it through and got yourself a victory. I'm fixing to do some races at BMB in a little bit. Getting myself geared up for the action.

I did 5 races of race C yesterday, due to the fact I won't get to play as much for the rest of the week. I started around 11am CET and finished at about 5pm. I set a decent TT of 7:53.948, which was good enough for pole, in 4 out of the 5 races I participated in. I managed 3 podiums including 1 win. My brain and body were absolutely cooked, so much so, that I couldn't even play for the rest of the day. 6 laps is one hell of a calorie burner, if you're using a wheel and rig. Even with the fan 2 feet away from me, I was still sweating. These are the kind of weeks I love.

Edit: I'm also using the Renault RS01. A great car for both dry and wet conditions. If you're looking for a good anti meta, you can't go wrong with this. My TT video is attached. Good luck fellas!

Last edited:
I royally screwed myself by pitting my Merc for inters at the end of L1 after seeing a light blue band of rain approaching Mullenbach (the hairpin at the south-west end of the GP track). By the time I finished L2, there was about 40% wear on the tyres and the track was barely 25% wet. I thought the track would get too wet for slicks at the end of L3, and switched to another set of inters...just as the rain stopped. I had to pootle around again before stopping for a set of slicks at the end of L4, and finished a lonely 13th. I suppose loneliness isn't so bad when you're on the Nordschleife.

Then I entered race C...

This is exactly why I haven't bothered setting a QT time. First race I did at 7pm last night and I had made up 5 spots after the first corner shenanigans by others. A German guy took offence to this and proceeded to use my back bumper as his brakes all the way through the GP section. We got on to the course properly and at the first right hander he punted me and an English guy clean off 🤬🤬🤬 Anyway, I regrouped and caught him up after a couple of minutes and red mist set in, I ran him side by side into the barrier. I shouldn't have done it I know but ffs, it's 6 laps of the longest track in the game, he had absolutely no reason to do it in the first place. Anyway, he sent me a very snotty message after the race saying I was dirty, disgraceful blah blah blah. I politely reminded him about how he was the main instigator of the whole thing and then not so politely told him to go and annoy someone else. Next race he rage quit after a spin and in my last race at 11pm he got caught on slicks while I was on Intermediates. I had no intention of getting involved with him again, as far as I was concerned it was done and dusted. He thought different and ploughed me into the barrier but I was able to hold on to it. I finished 2nd, he finished 11th. Fun times 😅😅😅😅

Last edited:
I must be getting better at the green hell as I actually managed to finish a single race with out the race timer running out, placed 7th.

The really bad thing for me about daily C as a lower rated driver is it's very easy to miss a slot just because our races are slower as you would expect.

It's races like this one that really makes me wish we had a daily race D. So we could have these longer races on the hour but still leave plenty of other options with race A-C if you fall between the timers.

Mind you that would mean PD figuring out 4 races a week and they often struggle to do 3.

I did 5 races of race C yesterday, due to the fact I won't get to play as much for the rest of the week. I started around 11am CET and finished at about 5pm. I set a decent TT of 7:53.948, which was good enough for pole, in 4 out of the 5 races I participated in. I managed 3 podiums including 1 win. My brain and body were absolutely cooked, so much so, that I couldn't even play for the rest of the day. 6 laps is one hell of a calorie burner, if you're using a wheel and rig. Even with the fan 2 feet away from me, I was still sweating. These are the kind of weeks I love.

Edit: I'm also using the Renault RS01. A great car for both dry and wet conditions. If you're looking for a good anti meta, you can't go wrong with this. My TT video is attached. Good luck fellas!

How is the Renault with fuel? Is it possible to do a non-stopper in case it stays dry? I like that car

My first race was with BMW, disaster in rain, just now I drove the Porsche, much better in wet conditions.

I think this time it is really dynamic. The Spa race had like 3 patterns, this one feels completely random. In my last race rain was still far away and some guys pitted, I was laughing at them until we had total wet conditions and everyone spinning for half a lap. Later it got even dry again. Crazy.

I go again! Can't race back to back though, with VR and motion this is like running 5000m at Olympics for me.

Last edited:
Hahaha the week I go away is the week PD put on an interesting race for Daily C.
Just had a quick watch of a few streamers and videos a few issues popped out.

1 hour races just don't work for daily races in my opinion. Well not with the current lobby sizes. I think every race I watched on a stream the lobby feel to around 10 players. In GTWS, 1 hour races seem to work as people are racing for points and pride where as Dailys half the field don't care so will quit if they not feeling it
Field Spread is a big issue in these dynamic hour races. Spa and Fuji had a big field spread and this race looks like the same problem. The dry races it's not been too bad. I'm assuming in the lower lobbies field spread is fairly big too?
Track, cars and physics. This race seems like a really odd combo. Gr3 cars are totally broken with the bop/setups, but to then put on a dynamic race at Nords just seems a odd choice. I think PD would have been better doing something like Nurburgring GP or Red Bull Ring dynamic 40min race. People less likely to make mistakes and probably know the track better.

Have fun racing this track, shame I'm not going to be able to experience it 😭

How is the Renault with fuel? I like that car

My first race was with BMW, disaster in rain, just now I drove the Porsche, much better in wet conditions.

I think this time it is really dynamic. The Spa race had like 3 patterns, this one feels completely random. In my last race rain was still far away and some guys pitted, I was laughing at them until we had total wet conditions and everyone spinning for half a lap. Later it got even dry again. Crazy.

I go again! Can't race back to back though, with VR and motion this is like running 5000m at Olympics for me.
Renault is so so fuel wise, I pitted at the end of lap 1 and topped up but I still had to juggle the fuel maps for certain sections for 2 laps. I crossed the line with 1% remaining 🙈

The really bad thing for me about daily C as a lower rated driver is it's very easy to miss a slot just because our races are slower as you would expect.
My race was 55 minutes in length and I joined it at 6% DR B so a low ranked race. After chatting to the second place finisher for a bit I realized I’d missed the start of the next race.
Can't race back to back though, with VR and motion this is like running 5000m at Olympics for me.
As I said above I missed my start, but as I was in VR to, I was thankful. I wasn’t sure if I could have handled two hours like that. It’s awesome but draining.
I'm assuming in the lower lobbies field spread is fairly big too?
This was my spread.
IMG_8441.jpeg

The top four were pretty close and we traded places several times but everyone else, not so much.

The 4C guy was doing pretty well until he crashed. 4C might be a car to try as well.

Last edited:
@TheNormsk I haven't even bothered to do any races yet at Green Hell. My week is a little booked. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I'm gonna have to curb my game time today.

Does it seem as if we only get weather on long tracks where it can turn into a game of luck and frustration?

It seems a shorter lap would make the potential to pit multiple times more interesting than getting hung out with a bad decision for 5 minutes while limping back for tires.

Well, that and my selfish wish for a race like this to transition into night, rather than rain. But part of that is how fantastic it would look and feel in vr.

That aside, what a crazy and great track. Only had time for a few laps of qt yesterday. Won’t be able to race until Thursday as tue/wed is the wife's weekend…but Thursday its on lol..!

Thinkin' I may hop in on the alt account too. My ego took a couple swing this morning on my main and I haven't recovered from it yet :lol: :crazy:.
To be fair, there are some folks out there at every DR range who are absolute animals at the green hell. Our own @afc5150 is an example.

Did one race today and I was whooped by many DR-B guys. As a result, lost a bit of DR despite finishing in top half. But for first time this week, I managed to finish a race (with 1-2 seconds to spare)! :D
I did finally get my DR-A back
Congratulations! I was waiting for this post. I knew it will happen when Nordshleife was announced this week.
The 4C guy was doing pretty well until he crashed. 4C might be a car to try as well.
4C is likely the most fuel efficient Gr3 car, has among the best top speed and phenomenal brakes. It is a bit slower at corner exits though (not exactly sure why). If you are going for no-tire-change strategy, you can either go non-stop (slower strategy) or refuel at lap 5 (faster strategy).

Well, first day of racing at the Nords was a bit of frustration for me.
Jumped in from the back with no qualy in dry conditions but with some rain incoming in the radar.

First lap after finishig the GP sector and entering green hell I saw the whole train of cars ahead wall riding and I knew what was coming...
1723553840675.png

Ok... I have like 50 minutes to try some qualy laps.
Put a semi-decent 8:00.259 with the AMG wich gives me P7 in a very tough lobby in dry conditions with no rain in sight.

1723553960484.png

Went a bit wide on first turn just to avoid carnage and lost a place. Nothing to worry about, race is long enough.
A few turns ahead, In the "shortcut" turn of the sprint layout ("Kurzanbindung"?) I got rammed hard enough to end against the wall with all the possible damages.
1723554782234.png

I think he was in "auto pilot" for the standard layout of the GP because he didnt attempt to lift or touch the brakes.

The rammer parked the car waiting for my recovery and he didnt pass me while I was crawling on the track with all those damages.
Fair play by him.

So, now we are in P15 with no cars ahead at my sight.
In the following 2 laps I Made some sort of recovery and manage to climb to P10 until I completely overestimate my chanches pushing a bit too much resulting in my car against the wall once again but now it was all on me.

Final result 12/14.
Hope to have more luck tonight.

Fun fact: when I did some qualifying for Race A yesterday, I found myself able to keep the Sambabus in 4th gear for almost the entire lap. I only felt like downshifting to 3rd while going uphill, right after that chicane near the end.

Fun fact: when I did some qualifying for Race A yesterday, I found myself able to keep the Sambabus in 4th gear for almost the entire lap. I only felt like downshifting to 3rd while going uphill, right after that chicane near the end.
Yep, the Sambabus race is more about not applying brakes anywhere and staying in 4th mostly. I also found 3rd could be helpful at the start of the long uphill after the right hander if you get slowed my traffic. That appeared to give me a better run on others, just remember to change up at 82kph although if you change up as you bounce off the rev limiter at 83 I think you get a slight boost - not 100% sure on that though as I've only done the one race.

How is the Renault with fuel? Is it possible to do a non-stopper in case it stays dry? I like that car

You're gonna need to short shift consistently, because it likes to be revved, it's always tempting to go higher into the rev band, but on a dry run you'll end up paying the.price at the end of lap 4, because you'll find yourself in the pits longer (refueling) than everyone else. The Renault is a jack of all trades, master of none. Which is why it's soo good for this particular daily race C. I've managed to get my time down to a 7:52.492. Which makes me the 3rd fastest in the world (currently) with that car (according to the leader board). Give it a go. I'm sure you'll love it! Good luck bud!

Last edited:
Because it needs to spool up that turbo with a lawnmower engine. :lol:
I love driving the 4C amongst the other larger Gr3 cars, always feel a bit David vs Goliath in a race and in VR it's like you're driving an angry up sized go kart with a roof as you nip around. I've tried to maintain higher speeds coasting round corners with it and go deep and early on the gas in races side by side finding you can still out pass the FR's with a deeper line with its nippier handling.

Generally my go to Gr3 car now but its not very forgiving if you don't time the 2-3-4 upshifts well.

To be fair, there are some folks out there at every DR range who are absolute animals at the green hell. Our own @afc5150 is an example.

Congratulations! I was waiting for this post. I knew it will happen when Nordshleife was announced this weweek.
Ha! You're too kind. But whether rain, shine, day or night, I do love running at the Ring!

Not sure how I feel about entering GT1 with it's limited slots, but I'll do the best I can, as always.

I said I might not run again this week, but all I can do sitting here at work is think about getting out there again tonight!

I can't/won't/don't wanna save fuel, so that might be it for me this week, sadly.
I'm curious why? This is what real racing is after all. Aside from drag racing, racers have to manage their resources. Stints vary in time and drivers have to get the most out of the resources they have (tires and fuel) over that time.

It's only 1 more lap of fuel, and saving that fuel likely saves the tires as well.

So far, I'm down to a 1'15.941 at BMB, if anyone wants to look at my replay, I'll be happy to share it. Just give me a little bit, I'm gonna post an MT run too. Most of the time now I use MT, the other 10% I use automatic gears. As long as I get the time I desire it shouldn't matter what option I use for gearing. I dislike that first left turn because I always tend to hit the grass with my left tires trying to clip the corner while turning, I'll show you a picture later explaining what I mean. And the last two turns before the finish are giving me a headache too, I keep trying to clock the last Sector line at 51 seconds, but it's anywhere between 0'52.430 and 0'54.120. It's a very tricky corner and it is a sure-fire lap killer for an ending of the track. That's my gist on it. What are your methods guys, I guess I could use a ghost if I have to.

Took the audi out this morning in race C on the main account, A/A+ lobby.

Started on RH and the clouds were incoming so, still traumatized from my first race, I pit for IMs end of L1. Very few others pitted. And sure enough, it never really got wet. I threw the audi a little too hard into a turn on the IMs and lost it, so now, I'm well over a minute back. Might as well treat this like a practice lobby, pit again to put the RHs back on.

The track shows dampness around the first bar for lap 3, I'm slower but the RHs are fine. Some middle sectors get slightly over half on the dampness, still taking it easy. Lap 4 radar show the same light blue, but midway it gets 2/3 wet and IMs are now required. Driving like a sunday grandma, I get it back to the pits and decide my morning is done; I wait it out in the pits.

Really only one lap needed the IMs, I don't think the top guys changed but not sure. I finish P10 and earned some DR! My goodness.

(Since going to a wheel, I'm a bit off my old pace and the DR.A is very nearly a DR.B. That's just the way it is going to be)

Completely misread everything, again, but now I have something in the memory. My sister always used to tell me - 'Experience is what you get when you get nothing else'.

I'm still waffling back and forth whether I want to battle Green Hell, I hope there's a choice for wet tires if I do. I'll just do my best out there and watch out for my surroundings and the weather. The weather map comes in handy for rainy races. I think I'm gonna go for it this weekend. Today, I will do 1 lap around and see how I do, it's the Endurance layout so there may be different things to watch out for.

Last edited:
You're gonna need to short shift consistently, because it likes to be revved, it's always tempting to go higher into the rev band, but on a dry run you'll end up paying the.price at the end of lap 4, because you'll find yourself in the pits longer (refueling) than everyone else. The Renault is a jack of all trades, master of none. Which is why it's soo good for this particular daily race C. I've Managed to get my time down to a 7:52.492. Which makes me the 3rd fastest in the with that car (according to the leader board) Give it a go. I'm sure you'll love it! Good luck bud!
Thx mate. I had a dry race with the Porsche and did the same, non-stop. It worked out well, but it costs focus to constantly short shift and worry about fuel, I guess in a dry race the non-stop is the best strategy? I saw superGT and DigitRacing doing it.

Tomorrow I try the Renault and will try to get my Q time finally below 8min (if my arm doesn't hurt too much, it was intense today). I haven't had a single race yet without spinning, but still decent results. I am really looking forward to race again, this is just incredible

Back