GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,230 comments
I'm still waffling back and forth whether I want to battle Green Hell, I hope there's a choice for wet tires if I do. I'll just do my best out there and watch out for my surroundings and the weather. The weather map comes in handy for rainy races. I think I'm gonna go for it this weekend. Today, I will do 1 lap around and see how I do, it's the Endurance layout so there may be different things to watch out for.
Just try a race, you have nothing to lose starting at the back and the only way you are going to learn is by doing it. Stick to AT gears and put on your driving line and brake markers and give it a go. Go into the race and just treat it as a long practice session and ignore the rest of the drivers who will probably be ahead of you for the first few attempts. Don't quit, stick at it. I know you have been told to avoid it but I think that's rubbish, we never learn anything unless we try it. Good luck 👍

on your driving line and brake markers and give it a go
This. I typically don't race with any aids, but for Nurburgring I put on the driving line and brake markers simply because I don't race that track enough and can't remember it. I still had a great race (I won) and felt much more confident in my ability to race it.

I also started with TCS at 1 in the dry and upped it to 3 in the wet. I also had CSA to strong which I think helped a lot in the wet corners. It's okay to use aids when conditions are against you and at your level most others are probably doing the same. There is also a high probability that there will be a lot of retirees so you are likely to gain places and potential DR as long as you make it to the end.

Last edited:
My race was 55 minutes in length and I joined it at 6% DR B so a low ranked race. After chatting to the second place finisher for a bit I realized I’d missed the start of the next race.

As I said above I missed my start, but as I was in VR to, I was thankful. I wasn’t sure if I could have handled two hours like that. It’s awesome but draining.

This was my spread.
View attachment 1380697

The top four were pretty close and we traded places several times but everyone else, not so much.

The 4C guy was doing pretty well until he crashed. 4C might be a car to try as well.
6 finishers? Wow that crazy.
I guess if you have a bunch cars close by fighting then the race is much better, but once you fall out the group it must be boring just chugging round for X amount of laps.

If @TheNormsk finished first in 55 minutes that means the players that DNF probably spent over an hour in the whole race, they must not be skilled there or either they don't know the track well enough. I bet the wet roads killed their time and maybe spun out their cars.

I'm still waffling back and forth whether I want to battle Green Hell, I hope there's a choice for wet tires if I do. I'll just do my best out there and watch out for my surroundings and the weather. The weather map comes in handy for rainy races. I think I'm gonna go for it this weekend. Today, I will do 1 lap around and see how I do, it's the Endurance layout so there may be different things to watch out for.
I thought it was a lot of fun in my D lobby. A little bumping on the first lap since I was in the middle of the pack but it thinned out quickly especially since I had to pit at the end of lap 1 since I (stupidly) started out on IM tires and the track was dry. Until the last lap when I caught up with a couple of cars that were apparently running low on gas it was basically a time trial run and, as I said earlier, after a while I seemed to get in the groove with all the turns and it flowed pretty smoothly.

6 finishers? Wow that crazy.
I guess if you have a bunch cars close by fighting then the race is much better, but once you fall out the group it must be boring just chugging round for X amount of laps.
I do a lot of time trials so chugging around by myself if fine. The biggest issue is in VR there are no split times so it was difficult to determine if I was gaining or falling back at any particular spot. All you have is the track overview maps with the indicators of car position to give you any idea. When I was in a pack it was super fun. Didn't matter if I was racing in the back part of the grid or up near the lead. Depending who is around you can make or break a race experience.
If @TheNormsk finished first in 55 minutes that means the players that DNF probably spent over an hour in the whole race, they must not be skilled there or either they don't know the track well enough. I bet the wet roads killed their time and maybe spun out their cars.
The people dropped out long before the end of the race. Sixth place never made it to the finish line before the cut-off though so I can see how that would suck.

Last edited:
IMG_0995.jpeg
GR4 is so so so broken.

3 pages of Lambos and a lot lot less outliers than normal.

How with Sophy can they balance these cars so so wrong.

Edit:
Two second places by marginal amounts on my EU and a win on the US one

Although this is my US account the racing was fair at the front of the pack at least and pace was strong through the field in a lobby close to A or fallen out of A

Last edited:
Well then the Huracan is the meta car then, as I thought it would be. I got my best results with that car (BMB).

to answer my own question i had posted about two pages ago, there is rain and there is not rain, it changes up each time and i do notice the weather moves across track slowly.

and i being in a lower rating (C) i have noticed in the two races at Nurb that over half of the participants quit before end of race, I have increased my DR much by these quitters, THANK YOU

to answer my own question i had posted about two pages ago, there is rain and there is not rain, it changes up each time and i do notice the weather moves across track slowly.

and i being in a lower rating (C) i have noticed in the two races at Nurb that over half of the participants quit before end of race, I have increased my DR much by these quitters, THANK YOU
That's how the weather has worked in all the dailies to be fair.

Even in the top lobbies they are quitting for a couple of reasons I suspect

You can't really catch up and if you make the wrong tire call it's pretty much a nightmare.

That said it's an hours worth of first lap racing, lonely periods and catching the the crash ahead.

It's not actually a good race in reality. The track is great, weather is great but when a 16 car spread field dwindles down to 6-8 cars it's not a race but a time trial at that point as it's not enduro length with the number of enduro runners you'd typically have.

Well, it's worth a try to me, if I feel the race is too hectic and chaotic then I will limit them this week to maybe 2 every other day.

@appu idk, but slipstreaming is a useful tool for people lagging behind the cars in front. It creates a boost from the back of their cars.

Last edited:
I just watched @GOTMAXPOWER overtaking Digit just before the race end. But how?! Digit was not even fuel saving. What's this sorcery? Surely slipstream was not the reason?

Edit: Watched the replay. Simply picking the best line to beat Digit in accelerating out of the last corner. Impressive comeback from the first lap incident! (I don't know what happened there, it was not visible to me)

Last edited:
I strongly recommend to see what @GOTMAXPOWER just have done in top split against Kie and Digit
That last lap on the R8 was insane!

Seriously, check the end of Digits transmission

Hats off to you mate, what a move!

That's insane. I actually don't even know if that would be physically possible on a wheel. Absolute master of using the pad assists to his benefit - same deal with the nurb GP 360 turn 1s from the other week.
The pad exodus is among us!

I strongly recommend to see what @GOTMAXPOWER just have done in top split against Kie and Digit
That last lap on the R8 was insane!

Seriously, check the end of Digits transmission

Hats off to you mate, what a move!

@GOTMAXPOWER is epic no doubt about it.

Those pad assists (nothing to do with Max ability) really helped on that penultimate curb!

What a finish and top split lobby as well! Hats off.

To Nebu's point 3 of the top 4 are using wheels but I know you know that 😝

Edit:

@TheNormsk go to the last min or so, max makes an epic double move down the dossinger, and then the final chicane to the GP circuit.

Last edited:
@GOTMAXPOWER is epic no doubt about it.

Those pad assists (nothing to do with Max ability) really helped on that penultimate curb!

What a finish and top split lobby as well! Hats off.

To Nebu's point 3 of the top 4 are using wheels but I know you know that 😝
Oh yeah for sure they are, but it's like you and I said - using the pad assists to your advantage just elevates you so far past what I think is possible on wheel.
I think that kerb hop and even the throttle slam/slide out of the last corner would instantly kill you on wheel - if anything I think being able to take advantage of these things and knowing you can take advantage of these things speaks highly of his ability, it certainly doesn't take away from it.

Oh yeah for sure they are, but it's like you and I said - using the pad assists to your advantage just elevates you so far past what I think is possible on wheel.
I think that kerb hop and even the throttle slam/slide out of the last corner would instantly kill you on wheel - if anything I think being able to take advantage of these things and knowing you can take advantage of these things speaks highly of his ability, it certainly doesn't take away from it.
Yeah to be honest, if I'm lighting quick like absolutely lighting (think Japanese guys playing ridge racer in the late 90s quick) I can catch them or stop them slides.

Coming off the curb like that, is a lottery off the throttle and dabbing the brake to keep the front pointing the right way.

It would be tough, arguably hard to do that corner like that on an wheel.

Well, my first lap was 8'42.353, my video is taking a long time to upload, I hope I don't have to do another run later in the week, but I have to go get ready for bed now, I have a busy rest of the week. Dang, I need to improve because averaging that per lap, that means my race will be a total of 57-58 minutes, the rain might slow me down and make it hard to control the car, and then avoiding the baddie drivers, gulp!

Digit trying to understand what happened on the replay at 07:10:12

He looked nervous and stressed during that race, if I was in his shoes, I would have had a heart attack, xD. Seriously, a race like that would drive anyone bananas.

Well off to bed, cya everyone!!

Last edited:
I just watched @GOTMAXPOWER overtaking Digit just before the race end. But how?! Digit was not even fuel saving. What's this sorcery? Surely slipstream was not the reason?

Edit: Watched the replay. Simply picking the best line to beat Digit in accelerating out of the last corner. Impressive comeback from the first lap incident! (I don't know what happened there, it was not visible to me)
This one? 😄

I was on inters and they were on destroyed wets, they had so much more grip. There was no incident on lap 1, I was 16th on pace but I always seem to do better in the rain than the dry.

This one? 😄

I was on inters and they were on destroyed wets, they had so much more grip. There was no incident on lap 1, I was 16th on pace but I always seem to do better in the rain than the dry.

Yep, that was a pretty epic move.

Is it correct that you race in chase cam view as it looks in the replay?

I'm curious why? This is what real racing is after all. Aside from drag racing, racers have to manage their resources. Stints vary in time and drivers have to get the most out of the resources they have (tires and fuel) over that time.

It's only 1 more lap of fuel, and saving that fuel likely saves the tires as well.
The honest answer is I'm really bad at it and find myself concentrating on my fuel more than on where I'm going which usually leads to mistakes. I totally understand it is a part of racing, and as in real life, there are those who are better at it than others, and I definitely fall into the 'others' category.

It does suck though, going from a 16 second advantage to a 13 second deficit. But I guess part of those 16 seconds was due to running flat out.

Looks like game over for me at the ring for a couple of days...4 races yesterday and 4 today in quick succession has properly aggravated my carpel tunnel 🙈🙈🙈. I have just finished the 9pm race and my eyes were watering the pain was so bad but I was having a great race with some dude and I really wanted to finish..even if it was only p5 😅😅. Pretty disappointed today with the weather, 4 completely bone dry races which leaves me fighting a losing battle in the RS 01 against the Supra or AMG. Anyway, a 9th, 2x 3rds and a 5th was not bad. In the 4 races today I didn't pick up 1 single penalty, was quite proud of that at least 👌

Attachments

• 20240813_220615.jpg
    20240813_220615.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1
-Sees @GOTMAXPOWER do some epic passes, 360 no scopes, drive backwards down Mt. Panamera, and take such a hidden short cut at LeMans PD literally had to patch it.

-Thinks: That looks awesome, I want to do that!

-Fires up PS5 and GT-7

-Join Sport Mode lobby

-Race starts... Get punted L1 T1. Curses like a sailor.

-Turns off PS5 and goes and cries in a corner.

Did another C right after work. It was an odd one, I never actually did a proper lap.

-Lap 1, starting on RH. Clouds coming in, but stay out.
-Lap 2, make it but rain coming in so pit for IMs (radar was the lightest of green).
-Lap 4, pit for Ws as the track had gotten very wet with a blob of blue just over head.
-Lap 5, stay on Ws for lap 5 but pit at the end for IMs as the track was drying quick.

So:

Lap 1 - First lap, doesn't count
Lap 2 - In lap
Lap 3 - Out lap and in lap
Lap 4 - Out lap
Lap 5 - In lap
Lap 6 - Out lap

All of my laps were red on the right except lap one which doesn't count towards anything anyway.

Last edited:
Back